Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweeper Monk = Li Qiu Shui's Sister?

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan

My suggestion: creativity is OK, but please add some logic and common sense...

You see the problem?

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Hence, the writer concluded, that is how the Sweeper Monk at Shaolin:

* Knew a lot about the Xiaowuxiang Gong.

Jiumoti not only knew XWXG, he practiced it. He's the more likely candidate to be LQS's sister. It would explain many things (three-sided love story: Wu Ya Zi - Jiumoti(=SIS) - Murong Bo). We know appearances could easily be changed using anabolica
    Last edited by Du Gu seeking a win; 02-26-05 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    This can be taken care of easily with some disguise.
    How about the voice? Unless you’ve got Ah Zhu’s talent, I'd doubt any other woman can shrivel up their voice to an old man's. The only hint JY has ever laid bare of Sweeper‘s identity, was how the monks saw a resemblance to Bodhisattva (Buddha).

Luckily not many took the bait.

How about the voice?
    Well, in TV series and movies at least, girls dress up as boys all the time, and people usually don't notice it. And if we accept that someone is capable of generating force shields, we might as well accept some other (less exaggerated) abilities.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Du Gu seeking a win
    Jiumoti not only knew XWXG, he practiced it. He's the more likely candidate to be LQS's sister. It would explain many things (three-sided love story: Wu Ya Zi - Jiumoti(=SIS) - Murong Bo). We know appearances could easily be changed using anabolica
    Adding more to this: Jiu Mo Zi was described as quite good looking (jade faced, IIRC, someone translates that part when he first appeared please) - unlike the coal miner we see in DGSD03 LQS's sister was supposed to be beautiful. Who's the more likely candidate: the old ugly sweeper or the handsome JMZ?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

yeah it makes more sense, since jiu mo zi does know xiao wu xiang gong. omg, jiu mo zi is a girl !

Jmz isn't that mysterious so nobody cares to speculate

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    Are you referring to that theory that Dugu and Huang Sheng were rivals? I think you mean him and not Wong Chongyang.
    I think he means Wong Chongyang to illustrate how illogical and creative some people can be.

WCY and DGQB aren't even from the same time period. If DGQB was supreme and alive during WCY's lifetime, you'd hear about it in Roch. All his A answers are more likely choices than his B answers. That is the point Lav is trying to show.

Besides Huang Sheung's enemies all died of old age, I doubt that Dugu Qiu Bai was his enemy. THey are from different time may be since Dugu was on top of the world when he retired. Seems like Huang Sheung and Dugu Qiu Bai both had similar outcomes, one seeks to avenge and kill all enemies but never had the chance once he was strong enough. One looks for enemies to defeat but never found them either.
    Last edited by Panadol; 10-13-05 at 02:04 AM.

So hilarious ^.^ I've never noticed this thread before.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Maybe JMZ did not have to cross-dress or undergo sex-change in order to be LQS's sister.

Maybe LQS's sister was all along LQS's _brother_? But he cross dressed as a female because the Master (LQS's teacher) was known to molest little boys?

No, no wait!

SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan is Li Qiu Shui's sister(brother)! The timing for his disappearance is about right where WYZ disappeared. And his hate for TSTL must be due to all the stories he heard from LQS about how horrible TSTL was.
    Last edited by CC; 12-27-06 at 01:29 PM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

speaking of cross-dressing, what a coincidence it is that I was watching a so-called horror film last night. some people are getting murdered, they keep showing blurry shots of the killer, everyone thinks it's a girl, then lo and behold, the killer turns out to be a creepy cross-dresser who is the supposed killer's brother! I was thoroughly surprised by the twist, and creeped out.

I think the Sweeper Monk/Li Qiushui's sister ordeal can be a perfect setup for a disturbing HORROR film a la "Eraserhead."

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Maybe LQS's sister was all along LQS's _brother_? But he cross dressed as a female because the Master (LQS's teacher) was known to molest little boys?
    No, no wait!
    SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan is Li Qiu Shui's sister(brother)! The timing for his disappearance is about right where WYZ disappeared. And his hate for TSTL must be due to all the stories he heard from LQS about how horrible TSTL was.
    LOL, I can never think of such a funny supposition.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

I've been curious about a certain aspect of Sweeper Monk.

When the Murongs and Xiaos were confronting each other in the library (not sure), then suddenly Murong Fu (or Bo, I can't remember), heard a noise outside and confronted the eavesdropper, who was Sweeper Monk. He demanded to know how long SM had been hiding 'there'. To which SM replied that he had been been hiding 'here' a very long time.

By 'here' I think SM meant Shaolin right? What was the reason he needed to seek refuge in Shaolin? Was he on the run from someone?
    Last edited by junzi; 01-03-07 at 09:57 AM.

That's just a little bit of the old monk's sarcasm. He shot an ironic question right back at Xiao and Murong as the latter had been hiding there for years, but they were arrogantly accusing the monk, who's basically the host, for hiding and eavesdropping!
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Oh I see, I see!

Erm I must've been reading too much into it then. Haha.

Sweeper monk being LQS's sister is as likely as I am your brother.

I think it is highly possible.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    No, no wait!

Yes, especially considering that the style of slicing performed by SWORD GOD coincides with a slicing mark on Li Qiushui's face. With such strong evidence, I say It is HIGHLY likely that:

1) SWORD GOD was Li Qiushui's brother, disguised as a woman.
    2) Wuyazi was in love with the woman version, but he became heart-broken when he found out young SWORD GOD's male tendency.
    3) That's why, Li Qiushui NEVER suspected that Wuyazi could have fallen in love with her disguised sister.

Ta-da.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Yes, especially considering that the style of slicing performed by SWORD GOD coincides with a slicing mark on Li Qiushui's face. With such strong evidence, I say It is HIGHLY likely that:

1) SWORD GOD was Li Qiushui's brother, disguised as a woman.
    2) Wuyazi was in love with the woman version, but he became heart-broken when he found out young SWORD GOD's male tendency.
    3) That's why, Li Qiushui NEVER suspected that Wuyazi could have fallen in love with her disguised sister.

Ta-da.
    I'm really surprise that this is funnily very logical. talk of force logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil East View Post
    He might have used a lot of quotations from the book to defend his arguments, but he deliberately ignores the fact that XF did hit the Sweeper Monk on the chest, if the SM is a woman, XF would have noticed it at that moment.
    XF struck the fake Duan Zhengchun in the chest without realizing she's a woman.