Thread: A Dream Named Desire II

Default A Dream Named Desire II

http://www.orientaldaily.com.hk/pho...217enew10b1.jpg
    http://www.the-sun.com.hk/channels/...4021704_big.jpg
    http://www.the-sun.com.hk/channels/...4021704_big.jpg
    http://hk.yimg.com/hk/providers/min...0216/17mb05.jpg
    http://hk.yimg.com/hk/providers/min...0216/17mb06.jpg
    http://hk.yimg.com/hk/providers/min...0216/17mb07.jpg
    (2/17/2005) ATV's controversary new series LEGEND 2 (MEI LAI CHUEN SHUET 2 SING YUEN) held aproduction start ceremony yesterday. The cast includin Cherrie Ying Choi Yi, Monica Chan Fat Yung, Alice Chan Wai, Alvina Kong Yun Yin, Eric Suen Siu Wai and others appeared in superstar and artist costumes but no one admitted who they were playing. Kong Yun Yin was the most obviously with Sandra Ng Kwan Yu's GOLDEN CHICKEN costume. Chan Fat Yung in a re dress looked like Carina Lau Ka Lin; Ying Choi Yi, Chan Wai and Suen Yiu Wai's characters may be Maggie Cheung Man Yuk, Anita Mui Yim Fong and Tony Leung Chiu Wai.

Translated by. Chieri

2/17/05

Monica Chan Impersonates Carina Lau, Reflecting Rumors

Yesterday, Monica Chan, Cherrie Ying, Eric Suen and Alice Chan participated in the opening ceremony for Wong Jing's new drama. Appearing in a one-piece low V-neck skirt, Monica revealed some cleavage and grabbed the spotlight. In terms of costume, Alvina Kong, who dressed up like Sandra Ng's character in "Golden Chicken," was the most outstanding.

This new drama uses the histories of currently famous actors as its background. Although it was stressed that the characters are original and not reflective of anyone, the appearance of the actors seemed to say otherwise. The appearances of Monica Chan, Cherrie Ying and Eric Suen uncannily resembled those of Carina Lau, Maggie Cheung and Tony Leung, and during the function the rumors of the three were even portrayed. Eric Suen was originally between Monica Chan and Cherrie Ying, but Monica Chan suddenly "got jealous" and stood between Eric and Cherrie, successfully getting her lover back and becoming the ultimate winner.

from http://e.domaindlx.com/Chieri/misc/feb05.htm

some more pics:
    /user_images/2004/dec/2005_02_16_12_00_37_126.jpg
    Eric Suen

/user_images/2004/dec/2005_02_16_12_00_40_731.jpg
    Karen Chan

/user_images/2004/dec/2005_02_16_12_00_48_533.jpg
    Raymond Wong, Cherri Ying, Eric Suen, Monica Chan, Alice Chan, Leung Si Ho

http://www.orientaldaily.com.hk/pho...221enew04b1.jpg
    http://www.the-sun.com.hk/channels/...5022106_big.jpg

(2/21/2005) Wong Jing's new television series LEGEND 2 two nights ago taped a beauty pageant and a fund raiser sene. Cherrie Ying Choi Yi, Alvina Kong Yun Yin, Monica Chan Fat Yun, Alice Chan Wai, and Raymond Wong Ho Yin played characters who resembled Maggie Cheung Man Yuk, Sandra Ng Kwan Yu, Carina Lau Ka Ling, Anita Mui Yim Fong, and Andy Lau Tak Wa. Ying Choi Yi wore a Chinese dress for the pageant scene and revealed that when she was 17 she went to compete in Miss Chinatown New York to win a sports car. Unfortunately she only came in second. She expressed that she was lucky she did not win because the pagenat did not give the prizes at the end. Chan Wai played a scene in which she replaced a singer who was absent at a fund raising program. In the show she had a crush on Wong Ho Yin and cheered for him backstage. Kong Yun Yin and Chan Fat Yun's Miss Enjoy Yourself Tonight costumes were very apt.

credits: hktop10

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

link to pics dont work

Default Dream desired 2

Sorry...can't remember the exact name of the series. But why hasn't anyone posted much on this series at all? I know theres an old thread on it, but hardly anyone has discussed it. In my opinion, this series is very good and enjoyable. Can anyone give me some spoilers as to what happens towards the end of the series? I'm on episode 12 at the moment.

Smile

Is it a sequel to the first one. I really hope Monica doesn't suffer again like in the first serial.
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

can i have a recap on the first one, i forgot if i seen the first or second. thx

I saw the poster! Raymond HUANG is in this series! The guy who was in Venture Against Time and also sang the themesong.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fudge
    can i have a recap on the first one, i forgot if i seen the first or second. thx
    The first one is Monica Chan was wif Simon Yam at firstm then his wife came in between them. After which Monica married Ben but she suffered in that family. Erm.. i tink Lee Li Zhen was with Simon for a while. Oh.. and Lee Li Zhen and Monica took part in this beauty pageant, they were sisters i believe.
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoshan
    The first one is Monica Chan was wif Simon Yam at firstm then his wife came in between them. After which Monica married Ben but she suffered in that family. Erm.. i tink Lee Li Zhen was with Simon for a while. Oh.. and Lee Li Zhen and Monica took part in this beauty pageant, they were sisters i believe.
    oh ok thx ^^

Hmm so II isn't exactly a sequel to I since it seems that the cast play totally different characters?

Just watch epi 1-2.

There is one scene that shows Raymond Wong's and Eric Suen's character together with 2 other friends renting a small room. I know Raymond plays Andy Lau, Eric plays Tony Leung, the tall spikey-haired guy plays Wong Kar Wai. Who does that the last guy play?

I believe it's a character similar to Stephen Chow....

I just started watching this and it seems to totally be about Anita Mui, Carina Lau, Tony Leung, Maggie Cheung Man Yuk, Andy Lau, and Sandra Ng. However, they changed the character's names a bit and said it has no relation to these stars? I was like what the.... The main thing that bugs is that they relate it to these stars a hella lot, yet the stories are not true to life. It so bugs because I keep going, "That didn't happen" then it's like oh yeah, it's supposedly not them!

So Wong Jing produced this one huh? I wonder if he got rights from these stars. (Probably not since he keeps saying it doesn't relate to these stars)

I think Anita's song's are even played when Alice starts singing. I don't think it's Alice's voice. Does anybody know?

BTW Alice kinda looks like and resembles Anita Mui. Although I think Alice is prettier.
    (¸· ´ (_.·*¨`» · ·÷¤ :+: IiI sorrow IiI :+: ¤÷· · «´¨*·._) `·.¸)
    .·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·: .·:*´¨`*:·..

Sorrow's Corner

i loved this series..esp. all the scenes between Eric and Monica. ^^

Is the prequel and the sequel worth watching at all?

Yes this is definitely worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by ...Snow...
    i loved this series..esp. all the scenes between Eric and Monica. ^^
    hmm i liked Eric and Cherrie more...
    Monica's character was so... dependent..
    "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity." ~Albert Einstein

Personally I like the pairing of Eric and Monica more... perhaps Cherrie's hairstyle turned me off? It really didn't suit her well! I liked the part where Siu Wai and Ka Ying first started liking each other... the chemistry there was sizzling! Yeah Ka Ying was pretty dependent, but it made the situation for Siu Wai all the more sympathetic and you could at least see where the situation with Mandy wasn't working out in comparison to the 'nibbles' of a potential new romance. In the later parts though I liked how Mandy's attempts to get Siu Wai back created even more tension for this love triangle, especially the parts where they were filming the pseudo "In the Mood For Love" scenes... and of course Eric looked pretty good in the '60s suit.

~~~~~~~~~~SPOILERS INCLUDED~~~~~~~~~~

Hey there guys ^__^ Well I finished watching this serie a couple of weeks ago and I really really enjoyed it! I was so addicted to it that I finished the whole serie in like 2 days ^__^ Anyways though, I never saw the first part and it sounds like this is a completely different storyline so tht is pretty nice cause I won't be able to or ahve to compare the two ^__^
    The serie itself was quite good. It wat interesting and intriguing. I thought that all the stars really did well in their character and protrayal was excellent. It was really nice seeing how all of them started off as low rank artists, but with time and their talent, rose to become some of the top artists. Even better was that we got to see their relationships develop and sustain till present.
    I liked about everyone, but my favorite character would go to Alice Chan. She did an amazing job protraying her character (supposedly Anita Miu) and I really sympathized for her. She loved Raymond Wong for almost over 20 years, but never got to be with him. Even though she held a high spot in his heart, it was just so sad to see that he never loved her like she deserved! I really liked the pairing of Alice and Raymond. They were really cute togeher and very compatiable. They had played as a couple before in LOMH and didnt get a real ending in there so I was looking forward to seeing them again. Yet once again, their ending was so blah! But I guess the story between them was a lot more touching.
    What I enjoyed most during this serie was the story between Alice and Raymond. Lol, as you can tell I love them! But any scenes with them was very cute to me. I espically loved watching the last few tapes where Alice Chan's illness is revealed and Raymond is always by her side. It is just so touching seeing how he treats her I really liked her farewell concert, if that was her real singing voice then I'm even more amazed! Either way she looked so pretty in those outfits. Really loved the part where she collapses and Raymond rushes onstage to see her.
    Maybe I'm a little too sensitive, but I was crying throughout the last few tapes. I was just sooooo sad! During the last scene between Alice and Raymond, I was bawling! How she was saying farewell to everyone and told Raymond it was her time to go. Gosh, the expression on his face when he told her to stay with him because he couldn't part from her melted my heart! Their last dance together too! How sad. Even though he didn't love love her, it was still obvious that he loved her. Lol, did that make sense?
    And then the funeral scene.....I found the speech given to be really touching. It was so perfect and sweet. I really wish there would have been more emphasis on Raymond's reaction while listening to the cassette tape Alice left him. I liked the part where he visisted her grave. Yet, it was so short! Oh and what annoyed me most was that the serie ended with him getting married! I know that Alice wanted for him to be happy and it was appropriate, but I still wanted for Alice and Raymond together!
    Lol, I keep watching the last few tapes to see all the Alice Raymond moments. I hope that in the future these two can cooperate once again and get a romantic yet satisfying ending. Which mostly means happy ending for once
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Is the prequel and the sequel worth watching at all?
    it's a prequel.....as for worth watching....if u like them...then yes but as for me, it's a boring series.....

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing
    it's a prequel.....as for worth watching....if u like them...then yes but as for me, it's a boring series.....

yah .. agree

but u can't really blame ATv .. TVB and ATV is like that saying, "once u go black, you'll never go back." well tvb is the black ...

they cut and edit so well that the whole series move in a very rapid way .... everything else will just be boring to u~