Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What was the most hilarious Chinese movie you ever saw...

Default What was the most hilarious Chinese movie you ever saw...

...and what was funny about it? The storyline? The characters?

(please try to refrain from listing movies with vulgar humor)

all's well ends well the story per se is very funny. and i think it's very heartwarming. great acting too by leslie cheung, maggie cheung, raymond wong, can't remember the rest of the cast. but it's sooo funny!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I liked Mr Coconut by Michael Hui. Thought it was hilarious. Have been trying to look for it but unable to find. I also like the Dong Cheng Xi Jiu (spoof of COndor Heroes) with the 2 Tony Leungs, Carina Lau, Joey Wong, Brigette Lin, Jacky Cheung, Veronica Yip, Leslie Cheung.

OOOH I remember that movie! That's the most hilarious show in HK movie industry, a spectacular show for combining top talents of its time to act all silly!!
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    all's well ends well the story per se is very funny. and i think it's very heartwarming. great acting too by leslie cheung, maggie cheung, raymond wong, can't remember the rest of the cast. but it's sooo funny!
    ... er, Stephen Chow?
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Yeah! My fav was Dong Cheng Xi Jiu as well! The best scene was when Maggie Cheung swallowed the scorpion or something and tried to fish it out, then got caught. Leslie Cheung looked darn good there. I'm trying to find it on DVD.

Just as good are the 90s Stephen Chow movies, from the Gambler's series to Duke of Mt Deer. Then there's HSDS starring Jet Li. I know, favorite means one, but I really liked all these. The recent comedies don't seem as good. Not even Kung Fu Hustle can compare with all these.

I think we may have the DVD for that in Singapore. Where are you from?

Stephen Chow's movies are always funny. Fight Back to School 1-3...Stephen went undercover as a student. He didn't know the answers to his (history??) exam so he contacted his buddies. it was a multiple choice paper where he had to answer A-D(??) and his uncle (i keep calling him that) was outside the classroom throwing things in the air, so if he saw an apple in the small window then answer is A... .it's funny if you saw it..

my other faves are Forbidden City Cop, Tricky Brains, Shaolin Soccer...they are all funny!

I like Master Q 2001 starring Nicolas Tse and Cecilia cheung. anyone watched it?

There's others which I can't think of right now.
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 07-25-05 at 12:11 PM.
    Have you learned to love one another?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblues
    I think we may have the DVD for that in Singapore. Where are you from?
    Another fellow Singaporean! I might have a look in TS or Poh Kim. I think they charge ridiculous prices so I've been boycotting them ... But anything for a good movie. The last time I watched this was about 10 years ago. Hmm ...

Kung Pow

Love on Delivery. I liked the part where the narrator is describing the fight between Stephen Chow and that karate master from the Heaven Sword & Dragon Sabre novel and a playboy book!

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    ... er, Stephen Chow?
    yeah i have this vague memory....but i think stephen chow is included? he's the youngest brother right?
    btw, what's the chinese title of dong cheng xi jiu? i want to check it out
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by Aphraeleiss
    Another fellow Singaporean! I might have a look in TS or Poh Kim. I think they charge ridiculous prices so I've been boycotting them ... But anything for a good movie. The last time I watched this was about 10 years ago. Hmm ...
    Try looking in Laser Flair. There's a big outlet at Funan.

Dong Cheng Xi Jiu = 东成西就

tnx a lot for the title
    cherrie

hey cherrie! long time no contact!!!
    all stephen chow movies are very funny! my fave ones are: god of cookery, hail the judge, royal tramp, shaolin soccer and his latest, kung-fu hustle.

i also like chinese odyssey 2002 starring tony leung, faye wong, vicki zhao and chang chen.
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

yeah i have this vague memory....but i think stephen chow is included? he's the youngest brother right?
    Yeah, why else did I say his name?
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Hey, anyone remember this movie with Anita Mui and I think Stephen Chow? I think it's called Justice My Foot and it had a lot of spin offs after that. It's a period comedy about how the male lead is a lawyer and always twists and turns until the criminals are acquitted. But this leads to all his children dying as retribution so his wife, who is very good at fighting, is very sad and forbids him to work anymore.

I've been looking for this show for some time but it's not among the stephen chow vcds. Now I'm wondering if I remembered the actor wrongly or the title. Anyone can help?

Anyway, I'm going to Funan later. Will try to check out the price of Dong Cheng Xi Jiu DVD, if I can find it.

yeah long time no contact jenny!
    stephen chow's earlier movies are funnier. but some of his recent ones, like shaolin soccer, is crap
    cherrie

aw, its not crap, its still nice, but i have to agree, his earlier films are a lot funnier. i think i would also add Love Undercover1 and Dry Wood Fierce Fire and Frugal Game. man, i love Miriam Yeung!
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

yeah long time no contact jenny!
    stephen chow's earlier movies are funnier. but some of his recent ones, like shaolin soccer, is crap
    Agree! While I was laughing really hard at his old films, I was laughing very little at Shaolin soccer.