Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolving Doors of Vengeance 《酒店風雲》

I do not think tvb recruited those supporting actresses, i think tvb are being payed to use EEG starlets like ella koon. TV is a perfect medium for unknown artists to gain some kind of fame.
    shin chan

Quote Originally Posted by hktbone
    Does any care about the 2 supporting actresses are so butt ugly? The girl who plays Chloe is not even considered "average cute" and how the hell she got to do T.V is beyond me? I don't who her daddy knows, or who she has she sleep w/, she 's just sucks big time. I've never seen her before, she is some washed out ex Miss HK? And the girl who plays Ron Ng's love interets is another eye sore. Really hurting the eyes and the voice is annoying ,her charcter is annoying too.Why can't TVB use TVB actresses instead of recuiting some no talent has been.

lol, you really hate them, I haven't seen the person who plays that cloe or something but the other girl, Ella koon or something is ok. she's not that bad relax a little.

anyone knows how old is Ella Koon?

just checked her birthday is july 9th 1979, so she's 26 years old. shes young =D

thanks fudge, I searhed teh web but can't find.

Quote Originally Posted by fudge
    just checked her birthday is july 9th 1979, so she's 26 years old. shes young =D
    same age as ron...ah no, slightly older. ron's bday is today, sept 2, 1979
    anyway, my ep 5 is still stuck in 13%
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

ha ha...sad to say that though Ron acted pretty well, esp in certain scenes, his eyes still have that devoid of feelings, gan jue look...well...mayhe he's just like that.

im keeping my hopes up for any improvement he might have in the future. i believe that he's improving.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Default RDOV

i.ve no comment on ella and her acting yet..cos me still very early in this series..only episode 5.. I find she is a fun sport at playing the games when she was a guest in the super trio show..

only seen ron in modern films..this will be my second one after TITS. Anyway..i think cast in RDOV is super..the storyline (not had one similar in long while) and because kenix is in it

haven't started this serie yet it is worth watching

How are you guys finding this series at the moment?
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

it feels like its not going to be up to expectations for me...I am disappointed already but really because I had too much expectations in the beginning.
    Its watchable but I can guess what's roughly going to happen already.....

How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    it feels like its not going to be up to expectations for me...I am disappointed already but really because I had too much expectations in the beginning.
    Its watchable but I can guess what's roughly going to happen already.....

How about you?
    Same, but I have never had high expectations since I think neither Joe or Ron or good enough for the roles. I don't know, but everytime I see Joe, I can't get the image that he is now the lead of the series, since he's always been for the past 10 years as a supporting cast. And Ron, he is very unatural, especially in this series. I think Raymond would be alot more fitting. The story is decent, but nothing amazing. But anyhow, this series is better then the average TVB series, but I've just heard too much about this series and how it's suppose to be high budget, and it's not matching the expectations as such.

its usually like this.. the series I end up enjoying the most are those that I have no expectations of...but I can't help having them...sigh.

I also feel that Joe Ma's not that charismatic as a lead...now Francis Ng in Triumph..that feels more like someone who has the charima of a leading man..though I know that Francis was a supporting actor in TVB for many years too...just like Gallen but they developed to be pretty good leading man...

i am curious about those scenes in the opening theme when Ron went to the Philippines..think he was coming down from the plane with Uncle Kuen and when he was shaking the hands of the hotel staff...I wonder what's that all about?
    Last edited by strawberry; 09-02-05 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    its usually like this.. the series I end up enjoying the most are those that I have no expectations of...but I can't help having them...sigh.

I also feel that Joe Ma's not that charismatic as a lead...now Francis Ng in Triumph..that feels more like someone who has the charima of a leading man..though I know that Francis was a supporting actor in TVB for many years too...just like Gallen but they developed to be pretty good leading man...

i am curious about those scenes in the opening theme when Ron went to the Philippines..think he was coming down from the plane with Uncle Kuen and when he was shaking the hands of the hotel staff...I wonder what's that all about?

Well, most actors have to go through the stage of being supporting actors. Gosh, even stars like Tony Leung and Stephen Chou have been roles that are not even worth mentioning, but yeah, Joe Ma really dosent have the charismatic of being a male lead, especially in such a large budget TVB series. Then again, there arent many actors that can play this role nowadays, inless they ask someone outside of TVB to star in this role (Similar to what they did for TITS with Francis Ng).

I think it's mentioned in K100 that Ron has to visit some country to overtake some hotel or something, I could be wrong though.

I think Tony Leung was one of those that was very lucky to be given lots of lead roles from the beginng....just like Ron Ng but Tony's obviously a more consumate actor even when he was just starting out. Raymond Lam is consistently good but he's somehow missing something....maybe not exactly the ideal leading man appeal I have in mind.

i think joe and ron is okay. ron's improving, so who knows he might be as good as tony leung 10yrs from now
    cherrie

Default ron

he is improving slightly..

i liked the light greyish collarless jacket he wore at first until i saw the patches on the elbows

i wonder how the ratings have gone on for the 3rd week
    to me this series has kept me very happy indeed
    each ending of the chapters always ends in a cliffhanger..hence entices me to continue on with the next
    there had been some TVB series i had high expectations on before..and i was utterly disappointed when i came to see it..that i only had watched 4 chapters and didnt bother with the rest.
    i dont know if this is the storyline to RDOV..but i think ron gets kicked out of the hotel for a short period..and he goes to phillipines to manage a smaller hotel and learn about hospitality management perhaps..and once he succeeds in the phillipines..he returns with a vengenance

perhaps i was the scriptwriter

finally i have downloaded ep 5 & 6! will watch it later. can't wait!
    yes i agree with ron's jacket. i felt the same way. but i guess that's fashion...
    cherrie

Yah, I agree on the jacket...the patches are so awful! and frankly, I don't think that jacket flatters him..does not make him look very tall. He also does not look as good in suits.