Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Legendary Siblings vs. Legendary Siblings II?

I thought part 1 was way better then part 2. Part 2 dragged the story way too long and the ending just kinda came out of nowhere (I didn't even see the coming, it just kinda popped out)
    "I really feel that optimism and openness are sweets that God gives to you. Even though one day you will finish eating them, but at least you'll know what sweet tastes like." Vicki Zhao

Yeah, the ending to part 2 was really blah. Mostly because there was so much cut out from the serie. I think that the serie was already long so why not just leave it in and have it be a few episodes longer? If they wanted to cut, at least pick sensible places to cut it. Not like everything from the ending! Lol, I was also quite confused at the end when I first watched it.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Were the wives in the beginng of LS2, the same girls from LS1? I wasn't to sure. I was looking for a girl that wore RED to be with Jimmi, but nope....
    LOVE is the sourse of all INSPIRATION.

LIU YI FEI <3

Yeah, those two actresses in part 2 weren't the ones from part 1. Sadly neither Vivian Chen or Teresa Lee made cameos in part 2 like Alec Su did. The girl who wore red in part 1 and was paired with Jimmy is Teresa Lee.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Oh, no, sorry I didn't word it correctly. I knew that those wern't the same ACTRESSES. But what I meant was were they the same characters? I was expecting a girl wearing RED, so that I know it was Teresa's character, but I don't remember anyone wearing RED. And I dont THINK that they said those two girls' name in the beginning or anything, so I wasn't sure if those were the two same CHARACTERS as in LS1.....

LIU YI FEI <3

Hehe, my mistake as well Hmm....your right about that. I don't know for sure, but I would say that they most likely were the same characters. Since it was going off of part 1 so the pairings at the end should be the same. But I wonder about Teresa's character sicne in the novel she didn't really end with Jimmy's Xiao Yuer. I'll just say it is though. Oh do you remember, which of the two ladies survived? Was it supposedly Vivien or Teresa's character?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

?? I didn't even know that either of them survived. Part 2 was a bit boring...

LIU YI FEI <3

anyone know where to download the legendary siblings I? i dont understand chinese, so i really hope to find the site eng language site with eng subtitles series. but i dont mind if there is no subtitles. thanx
    Last edited by magicalfairy3510; 07-30-06 at 04:22 AM.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Is part 2 a fans fic? I didnn't know there a part 2 for this series!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaoqain14
    anyone know where i can download the legenday siblings II theme songs. i watched this series a long time ago and is in love with the theme songs. thnx.
    Hi! Are you still looking for the songs from LS2 or Jue Shi Shuang Jiao? I may have them in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari
    The supporting cast in 2 is better than the main leads. Aside from the Xiaojiang and Xueyu romance, there wasn't much to watch other than Jimmy and Tae's light-hearted lines.
    For me Xiao Jiang was the highlight of the whole series. I initially thought he's Steve Ma's character's son. They look so alike.

The actor's current name is Zheng Guo Lin [郑国霖]. Original name is Zheng Rui Xiao [郑瑞晓].
    Last edited by kidd; 08-28-06 at 12:42 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

i prefer legendary siblling 2 cause the effects are more realistic. the effects in legendary siblling 1 looked fake and the place where they shoot looked like a studio, unlike legendary siblling 2 almost everything looked real especially the place where they shoot. but the story is both outstanding, especially that jimmy is still the cast and main character in both series.

Agree tw1nkletoes89. Legendary Siblings 2 was quite boring and confusing in a way. Just so much was cut out at the end that everything was so rushed and blended together.

Same here Kidd. I really liked Zheng Rui Xiao in here. He was quite cute and I liked his serious mature expressions. What is the name of that actress who he paired with?

Lol, I still remember one specific scene in part 2 where Jacquelin Li Xiao Lu was "flying" and the wires was so obvious!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

i have 3 questions for legendary siblings 2

1. What happened in the end. this is what i got. the wierd woman that switched voices with the da shi xiong (why did they switch voices? this isn't my main question though) so taht wierd woman was about to talk about the past, and the the scene starts to swirl and we see xiao yu and wu ji battling each other. scene cuts to yue long xuan screaming and running away. what happened?! and there were so many loose ends. is it jsut me or is it taht ming yue gong never got out of the tub?

2. Why did all the names get changed? i can see a hint in all, includign wu que's wife. her name is xing lan but they called her ruo lang. yao yue became ming yue and yan nan tian became yan hao tian. and much more

3. Did jimmy lin's voice suddenly change from around episode 13 or something? i watched this the first time when i was really young and i didn't notice anything but when i got it again, the first 13 episodes, he had this really good voice like the voice in Legendary siblings 1 but then it turned into this deep wierd voice. nobody's voice changed but his. maybe tae's changed a little too, but everyone else's was the same. can someone tell me if its the problem with my edition or is it just like that (i'm talking abotu the mandarin version) thanks
    dolphin_bay

Quote Originally Posted by invisible_dolphinbay
    i have 3 questions for legendary siblings 2

1. What happened in the end. this is what i got. the wierd woman that switched voices with the da shi xiong (why did they switch voices? this isn't my main question though) so taht wierd woman was about to talk about the past, and the the scene starts to swirl and we see xiao yu and wu ji battling each other. scene cuts to yue long xuan screaming and running away. what happened?! and there were so many loose ends. is it jsut me or is it taht ming yue gong never got out of the tub?

2. Why did all the names get changed? i can see a hint in all, includign wu que's wife. her name is xing lan but they called her ruo lang. yao yue became ming yue and yan nan tian became yan hao tian. and much more

3. Did jimmy lin's voice suddenly change from around episode 13 or something? i watched this the first time when i was really young and i didn't notice anything but when i got it again, the first 13 episodes, he had this really good voice like the voice in Legendary siblings 1 but then it turned into this deep wierd voice. nobody's voice changed but his. maybe tae's changed a little too, but everyone else's was the same. can someone tell me if its the problem with my edition or is it just like that (i'm talking abotu the mandarin version) thanks
    Answers:
    1. You got the version with cuts that's why you missed some scenes.
    2. Well, you are as confused as I am. Wu Que and Xiao Yu even had different names in LS2.
    3. Ya Jimmy's voice changed at certain episodes.

Looks like you and I got the same set.

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shirineko
    Answers:
    1. You got the version with cuts that's why you missed some scenes.
    2. Well, you are as confused as I am. Wu Que and Xiao Yu even had different names in LS2.
    3. Ya Jimmy's voice changed at certain episodes.

Looks like you and I got the same set.
    can you or someone tell me what the cuts are? cause the series really stopped making sense? thanks.
    dolphin_bay

Quote Originally Posted by invisible_dolphinbay

2 Why did the names get changed. It is all about copyright infringement. There never was such thing as a Legendary Siblings II, there is no novel for it. Gu Long is dead so of course they do not have his permission to make a "sequel" of his novel. So how to solve the problem, very easy.

They just have to change the names a little bit and no problem. Hence, any character that came back from part one had their names slightly altered. In this case, they are not doing anything illegal. The names sound similar enough to the point we get the "feeling" it is a sequel. But is actually not.

Let's say for example, they made a series in part one involving Felix, invisible, and kidd.

In part two, all they have to do is change the names to Felicks, invincible, and Kitkat. See, they are not copying anything.

Makes sense?

For anyone who wants to write about a "sequel" to ROCH and not be in trouble with Jin Yong. Just use names like Yang Hua, Xiao Hong Nu, Guo Ding, Huang Wang, and you will be fine. You are not taking the names directly.

http://www.geocities.com/mad_abt_jim...opses3640.html
    http://www.geocities.com/mad_abt_jim...opses4045.html

Here are the pages I found that has the complete sypnosis of what you missed.

In the second half of the series, Jimmy appears very little. They would mention him from time to time. His reason for not being onscreen was he is still practicing martial arts with that one Yan Hao Tian niece, Yan Piao Xiang. Second half of series focus a lot on TAE and Shuang Shuang.

One big thing is how come Shuang Shuang face was burned? It was an accident involving her and her "brother". He sealed her acupoints and left her there. He went somewhere and a fire started, and it burned her face.

Ming Yue finally dies towards the end, but she did regain her memory back. Cheng Chun wept and said he always loved her and Ming Yue only.
    Last edited by Felix; 09-25-06 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goddessofhonour

Same here Kidd. I really liked Zheng Rui Xiao in here. He was quite cute and I liked his serious mature expressions. What is the name of that actress who he paired with?
    Zhang Rui Zu is the name of Xue Yu, the girl Zheng Rui Xiao paired up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    Is part 2 a fans fic? I didnn't know there a part 2 for this series!
    Yes, part two is made up by the directors. They changed the people's names just enough so that no one will get in trouble. Read my above post on the plausible explanation.