Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ER: How to save Zhang Wuji?

Default ER: How to save Zhang Wuji?

In HSDS, our protagonist Zhang Wuji suffered from Xuanming Palm and from the age of 10 onwards, the cold toxic energy of palm stroke flows inside his body. If he doesn't find a cure, he will certainly die. Obviously, learning the Art of Nine Yang was able to neutralize the cold energy and save Wuji. Golden Flower Granny also mentioned that she "might" have been able to help him. Other methods in the novel, including the healing skills of Hu Qingniu, could only postpone death for a short period of time, but could not save his life.

Using methods found throughout the Jin Yong Universe, what other ways are there to save Zhang Wuji? Who(martial arts master, healer etc) is able to do what Zhang Sanfeng could not?

I have thought of some crazy ideas myself, and I hope to share them here later on...
    Last edited by Laviathan; 03-31-05 at 06:34 AM.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

Default Curing Zhang Wuji's Xuanming Shenzhang injury

Some, perhaps laughable, suggestions and attempts:
    1. Yiyang Zhi, using amount of energy needed to execute all of the Liumai Shenjian, although I won't trust Duan Yu to do the job, even when he seems to be the only one who can execute the entire Liumai Shenjian.
    2. Xu Zhu might be able to find something in the depths Lingjiu Gong that would help, something that did not find its way into Hu Qingniu's collection of medical texts.
    3. Shenzhao Gong might help because it can resuscitate the newly dead, but I am not too sure how that would work.
    4. Yijing Jing might work because it helped You Tanzi to thaw out after being frozen by that ice-caterpillar (bing can) thingy and taken for dead.

I think Bei Ming Shen Gong might have been able to do it by converting the Xuan Ming energy into Bei Ming Zhen Qi.

Maybe Hua Gong Da Fa and Xi Xing Da Fa to a more limited extent.

In terms of martial arts, Sweeper monk is above Z3F. The rest of the Greats are not noticeably above Z3F so they might fail too. Xu Zhu with pure brute force might have been able to do it even if his medical knowledge fails. DY can use his BMSG to absorb the energy out.

Xie Shen Yi could save Ah Zhu from the Warrior Attendent Palm, maybe he could save Wuji too. Although Ah Zhu was suffering more from internal damage as opposed to toxic inner energy flow.

If 9 Yang can work, I would hazard that the following should work too

1. 9 Yin
    2. Yi Jin Jing
    3. Bei Ming
    4. Xian Tian

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Xie Shen Yi could save Ah Zhu from the Warrior Attendent Palm, maybe he could save Wuji too. Although Ah Zhu was suffering more from internal damage as opposed to toxic inner energy flow.
    Hmm... Xie Muhua could not cure the people who got hit by You Tanzhi's Ice Cocoon Palm. He was only able to deduce the origin of the poison, but could not think of a way to cure it. His teacher, Su Xinghe, on the other hand was able to teach Xuzhu ways to cure the Ice Poison.

I agree that Yijinjing (certainly), Beiming (certainly) and Nine Yin (although difficult to cre Yin with Yin) may work. I don't know about Xiantian though, Zhang Sanfeng's Chunyang Wuji Gong failed too.

Maybe a very strange idea, but Ding Chunqiu might teach Wuji how to use the poison on other people, like the Decaying Corpse Technique, releasing one's own poison on others in order to cure oneself. Very gross, very immoral, and a bit far-fetched... What do you guys think? Will it work?

Default Releasing poison on others

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    Maybe a very strange idea, but Ding Chunqiu might teach Wuji how to use the poison on other people, like the Decaying Corpse Technique, releasing one's own poison on others in order to cure oneself. Very gross, very immoral, and a bit far-fetched... What do you guys think? Will it work?
    It might work, but Zhang Wuji would probably be so turned-off by the notion of harming others to save himself that he would not even start learning anything from Ding Chunqiu.

I think the reason why ZSF failed was because ZWJ had no knowledge of inner energy and was too young when he was injured. As a result, his "resistance" to external energy streams transfered from ZSF and the Wudang heroes could be too high. Maybe someone who has crazy superman inner power like Xu Zhu could force his way through, but anyone who has lower inner power would struggle just like ZSF.

Yijin Jing might work but I think ZWJ wouldn't be able to learn it by himself and there was nobody in JY universe, except perhaps Sweeper Monk, who could teach him. ZWJ was able to learn 9 Yang mainly because he was taught some basic Wudang 9 Yang by ZSF (and lots about pressure points and meridians by Hu Qingniu).

Bei Ming Shengong in "suck" mode might not work, IMO. ZWJ's injuries were not like, for example, LHC's injuries, where there were streams of inner energy running like crazy in his body. Bei Ming would only work in such cases, if I understand this correctly. In ZWJ's case, his internal organs were "damaged" by the yin energy of the Xuanming palms, and there was no stream of energy running in his body that can be easily sucked out.

Let's put morality aside for the sake of the argument. I don't think ZWJ would be able to learn that technique since his inner power was almost zero. Most of Ding's poison techniques, like that Decaying Corpse one, rely on strong inner power first then channel poisons through inner power into the object (the corpse) or the victim. By the time Ding could teach ZWJ to reach a sufficient level of inner power, the boy would already be dead.

# Yiyang Zhi, using amount of energy needed to execute all of the Liumai Shenjian, although I won't trust Duan Yu to do the job, even when he seems to be the only one who can execute the entire Liumai Shenjian.
    That would be overkill. I reckon Yideng executing Yiyang Zhi, especially after he learnt the Sanskrit part of 9 Yin, would be able to do the trick.

Since you guys seem to have doubts about 9 Yin, what about the reverse 9 Yin combined with other skills that OYF has?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

In HSDS, our protagonist Zhang Wuji suffered from Xuanming Palm and from the age of 10 onwards, the cold toxic energy of palm stroke flows inside his body. If he doesn't find a cure, he will certainly die. Obviously, learning the Art of Nine Yang was able to neutralize the cold energy and save Wuji.

I believe that (in the 1st edition) eating the fire-toads (which possess yang toxic energy) had neutralized the cold Xuanming poison in Wu Ji. Or was this changed in the 2nd edition?

Default To Du Gu seeking a win

I can't remember any fire toads in HSDS, maybe they were omitted in the 2nd edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    I think the reason why ZSF failed was because ZWJ had no knowledge of inner energy and was too young when he was injured. As a result, his "resistance" to external energy streams transfered from ZSF and the Wudang heroes could be too high. Maybe someone who has crazy superman inner power like Xu Zhu could force his way through, but anyone who has lower inner power would struggle just like ZSF.
    Yes, but with Xuzhu's medical knowledge and Xiaoyao techniques, I don't think he needs to force his way through. The Life & Death Amulet was nasty enough, but Xuzhu could change Yin to Yang energy and vice versa to cure the Cave and Island people.

Yijin Jing might work but I think ZWJ wouldn't be able to learn it by himself and there was nobody in JY universe, except perhaps Sweeper Monk, who could teach him. ZWJ was able to learn 9 Yang mainly because he was taught some basic Wudang 9 Yang by ZSF (and lots about pressure points and meridians by Hu Qingniu).
    This of course, depends on which version of Yijinjing. The DGSD one is almost incomprehensible, while the SOD version seems quite easy to learn.

Bei Ming Shengong in "suck" mode might not work, IMO. ZWJ's injuries were not like, for example, LHC's injuries, where there were streams of inner energy running like crazy in his body. Bei Ming would only work in such cases, if I understand this correctly. In ZWJ's case, his internal organs were "damaged" by the yin energy of the Xuanming palms, and there was no stream of energy running in his body that can be easily sucked out.
    Uhuh, I agree the absorbing part of Beiming might not work, but Wuji might be able to acquire a massive amount of energy to protect his organs first, and then use the techniques Xuzhu practices to transform the Xuanming energy and release it.

Let's put morality aside for the sake of the argument. I don't think ZWJ would be able to learn that technique since his inner power was almost zero. Most of Ding's poison techniques, like that Decaying Corpse one, rely on strong inner power first then channel poisons through inner power into the object (the corpse) or the victim. By the time Ding could teach ZWJ to reach a sufficient level of inner power, the boy would already be dead.
    Well, Ah Zhi was able to do the Decaying Corpse Technique (she taught it to You Tanzhi afterall), she was just not good enough to make it work well. So Wuji with little internal power might be able to strike some small animal to release small portions of poison first, I guess.

That would be overkill. I reckon Yideng executing Yiyang Zhi, especially after he learnt the Sanskrit part of 9 Yin, would be able to do the trick.
    Hmm, dunno... Yideng would be able to save Linghu Chong, but Wuji's problem seems more severe. Dragon Girl was poisoned too, and Yideng with full power could only contain the poison, not cure it. (ROCH Chapter 30)

Since you guys seem to have doubts about 9 Yin, what about the reverse 9 Yin combined with other skills that OYF has?
    Combined with the Ice Jade Bed and the fish Dragon Girl ate on the bottom of the ravine, I'd say yes, it can work.

Dragon Girl was poisoned too, and Yideng with full power could only contain the poison, not cure it. (ROCH Chapter 30)
    I thought he couldn't cure it since he was injured by QQR? Didn't he contain it by giving her some funny egg-like pill?

Uhuh, I agree the absorbing part of Beiming might not work, but Wuji might be able to acquire a massive amount of energy to protect his organs first, and then use the techniques Xuzhu practices to transform the Xuanming energy and release it.
    ZWJ had no inner energy to start with. How could he use Beiming to suck energy? Hang on I guess it could be set up so that he started sucking some willing "contributors" then went wild...

So Wuji with little internal power might be able to strike some small animal to release small portions of poison first, I guess.
    But the "poison" in his body wasn't real poison. It was the extreme yin energy. Ah Zhi and Ding used real poisons with inner energy boosting their effects.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Learn Han Bing Zhang.

Ouyang Feng should be able to do it.
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 03-31-05 at 01:13 PM.

Maybe eating the Duan Yu toad would work too?

One thing about the Fu Shi Du (decaying corpse technique). Do you guys think using it permanently drains the user of some inner power? I don't think so or DCQ wouldn't be using it since it weakens him permanently everytime he uses it.
    So would Wuji be able to use it to permanently purge the Xuan Ming poison?

Oh, I suppose learning Xuan Ming Shen Zhang might solve the problem too?

Shuo Bu De told ZWJ that Fire Toads existed in Mount Chang Bo that could heal Wei Yi Xiao's shivering sensation after fire-deviation.

IMO,

YJJ-seem like a harmonizing techniques, so it should be able to do it.

BeiMing- should too, since to practice it, ones must erase all past energy.

and whatever technique Wuyazi used to erase XZ energy should work also.

Just suck all of ZWJ's internal energy including the Xuan min chi using Bei min shen gong or Xi Xing Da fa.

Do not forget the following options :

- Sweeper Monk could easily tap ZWJ and heal all the cold toxic chi from his system
    - One Finger Ping Doctor from XAJH might have a chance
    - The Indian Monk from ROCH might be able to find a cure for him
    - Sucking dry the snake blood that Guo Jing had in LOCH might help his immunity systems and maybe combining it with other less powerful inner power techniques would be sufficient to heal himself
    - How about learning the Toad Stance ?

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

I can't remember any fire toads in HSDS, maybe they were omitted in the 2nd edition?

Encoding: Unicode UTF-8

HSDS 1st edition (Tian Jian Long Dao)

http://hk.geocities.com/jinyongbook/sword/Chapter12.htm

Note: chapter should actually be volume!

delete ..........

隞镼輯粥鈭鈭憭堆芾撜剖銝銝 皞園芾撣銵銝嚗賢批 銝嗅銝璇憭抒樴嚗璆菜臬ㄞ暻 撣其蝣抒瘛望蔬銋銝哨瞏剜偌颱 銝閬皛選單臬行瘣拇偌餉楝撘萇∪ 閫鞈鈭嚗銝雿哨芾芸楛拇 典控瘣銝剔祈嚗頞喃皛蹂瘙⊥ 伐潭航粥餈瞏剝嚗支镼迎隡貉雲唳 蔬瘞港葉餅皛隞頞喳銝瞏剜偌蝣啣堆 脯銝脣之恬刻澈頝喃韏瑚 靘瞏剜偌憟撖塚頞喳蝣啣唳偌g 瘥瘚詨冽遝瘞港葉閬璆隞喲頞喳 銝嚗芾銝撌脫臭蝝恬交 臬瘚詨鳴芣拚喲質鈭 隞隡訾隡貉哨恍嚗憟迎憟 嚗隞芸匱瑕典啁怠雀銝瑞唳 湧芸銋蝣圈鈭嚗餃芷圈砍 瑞瞏剜偌游荔甇斗偌瘀 銝蝯啜隞仿甇斗偌銝剖臬急憟寧 拐嚗拇郊蝝啁嚗敹質賢貉 莎瞏凋葉頝喳箔駁擃銵蝝憭扯靘 蝝撠撣賊憭批嚗銝箸 湛頨思靘踹箔蝮瑞虞賣除嚗靘踹啣 箸偌瘞銝研∪閬鈭蝝敺憟 堆蝡亙憭扯絲嚗靘輯餅銝颱拍押 隞XZ滿甇亥嚗蝒嗆脖嚗隡豢撠 餌雿蝝皛抵 貉孛嚗雿閬箔⊥瘞敺蝝頨思 游喳啗芸楛銝蝝璆菜臬 ∴典銝嚗敺隞敹恬銝 雿隞唾嚗銋銝整

撘萇∪憭折嚗敹隡豢餅嚗仿蝝 皛踹拚嚗蝺蝺砌隞嚗 交敺鈭嚗芣芸楛銝 銋敺銝銝憭批靘靘踹冽迨嚗血 拚剔銋頝唾嚗曉駁脖 亙砌鈭∪喋∪敺芾 璅憭扯嚗撽嗡銝嚗撌行鈭 寞雿踹嚗銝選港唾 剔摮嚗雿閬箸敹梁 賣舫悅銵嚗靘蝝貉箇嚗 臭誑銝雿擃銵蝝嚗銝西賢券憟撖瞏剜 偌銝剔摮

隞靽臭唬嚗撠喃拚剔甇 鳴XX喲甇餉朣嚗啗芸 楛銝唾銝銝朣堆嗆臬 擗詻隞銝剜香蝵菟嚗甇餉 嚗鈭箏振甈箔凝嚗∠祆嚗雿撠 銋靘祆甇摮銋擗鈭 嚗鈭雿嚗找VX牯靘格 嚗潸亥亦選喃喲敹 蝢嚗潭舀曆嚗敺頨恍箇怎 怎筐鈭恬撠銝餌曉函思 支韏瑚支銝嚗擐皞g潸 歇嚗隞撌脖蝞⊥瘥⊥嚗銝銝璇 選砌銝嚗嗥舀憳拚悅蝢嚗隞 颱蝢單賢颱嚗撠銝餌 敺銋曆嗾瘛冽楊嚗芾雩銝銝撉券准

蝝賊鈭銝憌舀嚗銝∠望除嚗蝒 嗅嫣葉鈭銝靘嚗芾死瘣瘣嚗刻 澈隤芯箇拙剁摰隡潭部其憭抒撓 瘞港銝剜瞉∩研靘蝝臬予 圈銝蝔桃啁抬澆撖銋堆嗆批 餅航喟梧血⊥券撖瞏凋葉瘣颯 交臬虜鈭箏鈭銝鳴餅銝摮瘚銵 湔撌批撐∪頨思葉亦嚗擃抒 銝⊥賊唳嚗隞亥喳Z喟梧拍車瘥 抒訾菜嚗蝝望⊥豢鳴 擃抒撖瘥颱瘨皜銝撠

etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    I thought he couldn't cure it since he was injured by QQR? Didn't he contain it by giving her some funny egg-like pill?
    No, Yideng said that, if he wasn't injured by Ci'en, he would have used Yiyang + Xiantian to contain the poison for a considerable period of time. Without his full power, he had to rely on funny egg-like pill to contain the poison for a while.

ZWJ had no inner energy to start with. How could he use Beiming to suck energy? Hang on I guess it could be set up so that he started sucking some willing "contributors" then went wild...
    Yep, that's what I had in mind: capture some people to feed Zhang Wuji's Beiming.

But the "poison" in his body wasn't real poison. It was the extreme yin energy. Ah Zhi and Ding used real poisons with inner energy boosting their effects.
    Yes, but You Tanzhi's Ice Poison wasn't real poison either, it too was a extreme Yin energy. I know, in actual practice it will be difficult, but in theory it might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    Learn Han Bing Zhang.

Ouyang Feng should be able to do it.
    Han Bing Zhang? Dunno if it will help. Wei Yixiao might teach Wuji to suck blood from people to sustain his own life, though.

Ouyang Feng alone would not be able to do it, IMO. I think it requires Wang Chongyang's internal methods, Lin Chaoying's Ice Jade Bed, Ouyang Feng's Reverse Meridian Method and the jade bee nectar plus fish found in the cold lakes below Duanchang Cliff. Yep, the entire healing system from ROCH.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Maybe eating the Duan Yu toad would work too?

One thing about the Fu Shi Du (decaying corpse technique). Do you guys think using it permanently drains the user of some inner power? I don't think so or DCQ wouldn't be using it since it weakens him permanently everytime he uses it.
    So would Wuji be able to use it to permanently purge the Xuan Ming poison?

Oh, I suppose learning Xuan Ming Shen Zhang might solve the problem too?
    Hey, I like the Duan Yu Red Toad thing. It might help indeed.

The user does not lose inner power, or at least not more than any normal energy attack. The practitioner absorbs poison and then releases with inner power during combat.

I don't think learning Xuanming Palm itself will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanky Panky
    Shuo Bu De told ZWJ that Fire Toads existed in Mount Chang Bo that could heal Wei Yi Xiao's shivering sensation after fire-deviation.
    Oh yeah, now I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    Do not forget the following options :

- Sweeper Monk could easily tap ZWJ and heal all the cold toxic chi from his system
    - One Finger Ping Doctor from XAJH might have a chance
    - The Indian Monk from ROCH might be able to find a cure for him
    - Sucking dry the snake blood that Guo Jing had in LOCH might help his immunity systems and maybe combining it with other less powerful inner power techniques would be sufficient to heal himself
    - How about learning the Toad Stance ?
    - Sweeper Monk can do it of course.
    - I doubt it. Linghu Chong's problem was much easier than Wuji's and Doctor Ping still failed.
    - Yes, but it will probably be something like Ice Jade Bed plus Reverse Meridian Art as used by Yang Guo on Dragon Girl.
    - Doubt it. Zhang Sanfeng and the Heroes of Wudang fed Wuji the most precious and special herbs and medicine, nothing worked. Of course, the snake blood was special, but it will only be able to prolong his life, not cure his disease.
    - Huh? What does the Toad Stance have to with this?

Really, come to think of it, Wuji's poison is like the Wuxia equivalent of cancer. It is extremely hard to cure.
    Last edited by Laviathan; 03-31-05 at 04:08 PM.

- Huh? What does the Toad Stance have to with this?

Really, come to think of it, Wuji's poison is like the Wuxia equivalent of cancer. It is extremely hard to cure.
    Well, if Toad Stance can easily cured LMC's poison inside little YG, perhaps it could do something to ZWJ as well. After all OYF is the master of using poison.