Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wong Fei Hung - Master of Kung Fu

Default Wong Fei Hung - Master of Kung Fu

Has anyone started this series yet?

I'm up to episode 8.

The cast is nearly excellent (some, such as Rain and Cerina, have been criticized for being unskilled but I think they have improved immensely), and seeing veteran David Chiang as Wong Kei Ying is great. There are many exciting martial arts scenes, not full of distracting CG effects.

The scenery is not just shot in TVB studios but also in the countryside. There are some breathtaking scenes and architecture as well.

There are many supporting characters which contribute to laughs and add many flavors to the series.

I definitely recommend this series!

http://www.tvb.com/tvbi/program/wongfeihung/index.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have watched a few episodes of this show and Bosco as Wong Fei Hung just doesnt cut it in my opinion, i don't know whether Bosco has any history in martial arts but TVB should have casted someone who does have these skills, i mean it may not be someone whom they are promoting heavily now, but at least the fighting scenes would look more 'real'. By the way didn't TVB do a show with Terry Faan about Wong Fei Hung or somthing like that? now that guy can really kick it.
    shin chan

Is this is Cantonese??? Where can I buy it???

yea, this series is in cantonese

im up to episode 11 in this series and i think its pretty good... Rain's acting has really improved but i'm still not liking cerinas acting very much yet.. I think Bosco's doing a good job in this series
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

What's this serial about? I probably not going to rent it, the poster is not very interesting.

it's just about wong fei hung and stuff like that. if you have ever seen earlier TVB shows about this genre then i guess this show is not a must see
    shin chan

How are the fight scenes in them? I hope they don't have that super bad camera work (like they do in some of these new TVB series).

I actually think Bosco's fighting is pretty good, along with his acting.
    Rain improved, but now she's over-the-top exaggerated.
    Never thought there can be an actress worse than Rain 'til Cerina came along.
    I like the supporting cast as well, esp. Power, Akina & Sammuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Omniflame
    How are the fight scenes in them? I hope they don't have that super bad camera work (like they do in some of these new TVB series).
    That's one of the few things I like about the series - the fight scenes are well-shot, although the choreography is somewhat limited. The fight scenes are over quickly. The Lion Dance scene was over too soon in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by baobao
    I actually think Bosco's fighting is pretty good, along with his acting.
    Rain improved, but now she's over-the-top exaggerated.
    Never thought there can be an actress worse than Rain 'til Cerina came along.
    I like the supporting cast as well, esp. Power, Akina & Sammuel.
    i so agree with you.. Bosco's character is funny and cute also in TLB too

Smile

hey ive only seen about 4 eps of this series and im hooked theres nothing wrong with bosco being wong fei hung hes great!!! i dont have much opinion on the other actors but the whole show is quite good
    [ProjectSTi]

This is one of the new TVB series I was looking forward to!!

So the fights are good eh!!
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

seen up to ep 5 and so far its like really good.... hehe... well... anyone out there have any spoilers???

I'm waiting to see this series...i just can't wait, it take a while for Rain to release a serie too, so i'm watching this for sure and even maybe buy it, anyway...i really want to watch it.
    When you love someone....Its hard to change your mind....no matter how much people said....you'll still love that person....RAIN LI.

Forever Rain Li

Im on episode 14... michael has arrived as jean in these few episodes.. It was quite interesting Wong kei ying's reaction to him is quite funny... michaels starting a business but it seems like hes tricking ppl for money although im not sure yet.. Just gotta keep watching
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

Of course Bosco can't be compared to Terry Fan in terms of making those martial arts moves, but I think Bosco didn't do very bad himself. In fact I think he is quite good and believable.

As for Rain, she has improve a lot since I last saw her in Lofty Water Verdant Bow but I still find her acting a bit lacking. But the worst actress award should definitely go to Cerina.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno323
    Im on episode 14... michael has arrived as jean in these few episodes.. It was quite interesting Wong kei ying's reaction to him is quite funny... michaels starting a business but it seems like hes tricking ppl for money although im not sure yet.. Just gotta keep watching
    I know! I can't figure it out either. They don't drop the usual big hints, like for example, suspicious background music, or having Michael do the wandering suspicious eye.. I can't figure out if he's evil or not either!

Quote Originally Posted by baobao
    I know! I can't figure it out either. They don't drop the usual big hints, like for example, suspicious background music, or having Michael do the wandering suspicious eye.. I can't figure out if he's evil or not either!
    Sounds intriguing! But it seems that Bo Yi, Fei Hung's auntie, will fall for his dad Wong Kei Ying. Both the "teahouse" ladies Bo Yi and the other one with the traditional Chinese teahouse have fallen for Wong Kei Ying and his chivalry - I'm not sure but it *seems* that way. So maybe that's why the scriptwriters had to make Michael less desirable.

I think Kwai Lan(Rain) will end up with Bad Guy Kin(Kenneth). Here's my reasons:

1. Kwai Lan was always shown the good side of Bad Guy Kin. First by his gramdma's account, then she saw that side with her own eyes when she accompanied Bad Guy Kin to take his grandma to the doctor. Bad Guy Kin even thanked her when he asked her to take care of his grandma. These scenes were shown for some reasons. I think Kwai Lan will gradually grow fond of Bad Guy Kin.

2. Kwai Lan already know Siu Ting(Cerina) loves Fei Hung(Bosco). Being a good 'sister', she won't 'steal' Fei Hung away from Kwai Lan. So, this mean if someone is interested in her (e.g. Bad Guy Kin) she might accept if she has a good impression/feeling about him.

3. The scriptwriter must leave Fei Hung single for 13th Aunt.

This is all just my speculation. It might not be true at all. I am only up to episode 6 (or 8, I forgot).

I decide to watch this series solely because of Bosco Wong, but I end up liking Bad Guy Kin more. His ambiguous personality is very interesting. I especially enjoy seeing his scenes with his grandma and Kwai Lai.

I found the character of Wong Fei Hung very contradictory. On 1 hand, he is very immature and naive and rather childlike. He gets into trouble often because of his rash personality, and he seems to not know the many of vices in his surrounding world. On the other hand, he sometimes also act very maturely, like when he knows Leung Foon (Sammul) is secretly learning his kungfu, and he just let him, because he thinks it's better for Leung Foon to secretly spy on him that go get into trouble somewhere else. And when Fei Hung lecture someone (a thing he does very often), he sounds so mature.
    Even though I like Bosco, I must say that this contradictory personality might most probably be due to Bosco's acting. Bosco said he studied the Kwan Tuck Hing and Jet Li potrayal of Wong Fei Hung because he wants his portrayal of the younger Wong Fei Hung to be a natural progression to the character played by Li and Kwan. He might be trying too hard to follow their potrayal but the scriptwriter might not have written the script with Jet and Kwan's Wong Fei Hung in mind which resulted in the character become contradictory. Well, that my opinion about it.
    Last edited by kidd; 12-30-04 at 09:04 PM.

Boy u pplz r rly critical of da actors/actresses!!

ProjectSTi hey ive only seen about 4 eps of this series and im hooked theres nothing wrong with bosco being wong fei hung hes great!!! i dont have much opinion on the other actors but the whole show is quite good

i agree wif dis person
    Who cares?! It's just a show, let's just watch it and enjoy wat dey give us! We cant change watz already been done!!!!!
    Fav Show: Da Last Breakthrough, Sei Yip Choi, Wong Fei Hung, Aqua Heroes, All About Boy'z
    Fav Actor/Actress: Raymond Lam, Ron Ng, Leila Tong
    Fav Singers: Boy'z, Twins, Nicholas Tse, Edison Chen