Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [channel 8] Potraits Of Home

will part 2 be better?

i seriously doubt so. initially i thought that it would have been better than double happiness, but it has proved me really wrong! the plot is completely sucky & the characters are so extreme (the good are unbelievably good, the bad are annoyingly bad)...mediacorp should wake up and see what low-quality crap they are producing!!!

After a little break of dumb family oriented dramas, it is back. i wonder what crap will be on the second installation. It's amazing the way they define new levels of crappiness everytime they come up with a family oriented drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    People does all sort of crazy things for the most trivial reasons. If you think this is a silly reason for absolute revenge, you probably don't know the world or humans well enough. Besides, Fyn is mental.
    so in future, whenever they need a resident villian for the show, they jus simply use a "mental illed" character... no need for plot, for characterization or any justifications

obviously u dun know much abt drama & the human world...

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    will part 2 be better?
    not likely.. judgin frm e trailers so far...

saw stupid Liu Qianyi fighting with the evil Da-qiu & both falls off the bridge or somethk...

the boring lov triangle b/w Adrian Pang, Xiang Yun & Liu Zhi Xun... waah damm uninteresting rely

Apple Hong becomes a nun...copy All IN ??

i think aft watchin so many TVB family dramas, even i can come up with a slightly better plot..

hmm... i hope it wld be better den part 1 although after watching the trailers, it din make me feel realli interested.. hope so!!
    ..Fanatic Fan Of..
    -Alec Su-
    -Sammul Chan-
    -Kenneth Chan-
    Currently Watching(VCD),,
    `` My Date W/ A Vamp. 3
    Currently Watching On Teebee,,
    `` Yummy Yummy

Quote Originally Posted by CheungKafai
    so in future, whenever they need a resident villian for the show, they jus simply use a "mental illed" character... no need for plot, for characterization or any justifications

obviously u dun know much abt drama & the human world...
    Aren't you talking about how unrealistic it is for Fyn to act like that (and the damage she could do) or something? I didn't think her mental case is to justify anything. It's a background to explain why she's doing so many crazy things. Whether it's meant to justify her deeds is up to the audiences...

And no, I don't think they should always use a mentally ill character for villains, if that's what you are hinting.

Don't they already have Daqiu and Baozhu (nearly typed Mingzhu here ) as villains? And I'm pretty sure that Zhou Dong is a villain too. Those three aren't mental. ^___^
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 10-05-05 at 07:20 PM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Aren't you talking about how unrealistic it is for Fyn to act like that (and the damage she could do) or something? I didn't think her mental case is to justify anything. It's a background to explain why she's doing so many crazy things. Whether it's meant to justify her deeds is up to the audiences...

And no, I don't think they should always use a mentally ill character for villains, if that's what you are hinting.

Don't they already have Daqiu and Baozhu (nearly typed Mingzhu here ) as villains? And I'm pretty sure that Zhou Dong is a villain too. Those three aren't mental. ^___^
    yeah dat zhou dong bad lor.. shi tou helped him yet he backstabbed him.. juz read this week's i weekly too, they had got 曾诗梅 in as one of the villian now against daqiu and baozhu.. *hmm...*
    ..Fanatic Fan Of..
    -Alec Su-
    -Sammul Chan-
    -Kenneth Chan-
    Currently Watching(VCD),,
    `` My Date W/ A Vamp. 3
    Currently Watching On Teebee,,
    `` Yummy Yummy

I believe there are really people like Baobei in this world.

im jus saying, PERHAPS under the context of the entire storyline, Fyn character jus appear unrealistic to me... Yvonne lim did a fine job as the schizoprehnia/mentally illed villian, so i conclude it's rely e poor storyline, the director's fault

anyway dun u find the entire show poorly done.. for a 100 epi family themed production. all the characters are like cutboard walk-out... extreme evil or angelic kind? Basically none of the characters touched me, no particularly love relation in the show interest me... e best is maybe DY & Meirenyu but even then...

i usually like such family-themed serial... like a Kindred spirit, Light of million hope & Seasons.. these serials are not "perfect" either. No serial will be, but if they hav an engagin plot & characters u rely empathize with, ppl would stil support it..

Wanted to know whether is Priscilla's role suppose to be the cousin of Daqiu?

im jus saying, PERHAPS under the context of the entire storyline, Fyn character jus appear unrealistic to me... Yvonne lim did a fine job as the schizoprehnia/mentally illed villian, so i conclude it's rely e poor storyline, the director's fault
    I agree here. The Fyn story arc just seems a little over-the-top and fantastic. Unlike the other story arcs (the division of family assets, the greedy China girl, etc), it doesn't relate much to the heartland audience.

anyway dun u find the entire show poorly done.. for a 100 epi family themed production. all the characters are like cutboard walk-out... extreme evil or angelic kind? Basically none of the characters touched me, no particularly love relation in the show interest me... e best is maybe DY & Meirenyu but even then...
    Actually, Part II looks quite promising in character development. It will be interesting to see if Daqiu repents at the end. I'm also looking forward to Baozhu's reaction to Daqiu's infidelity (hinted at in the trailers). I suppose this will make this diabolical couple seem more 'real'. Also, I wonder if Dadi will eventually end up with Ruan Mianmian or Hua-jie.

If I may also add, Dayang is just dumb. His stupidness is TOO overdone. It gets to a point where he just HAS to be retarded, there's no other explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by CheungKafai

i usually like such family-themed serial... like a Kindred spirit, Light of million hope & Seasons.. these serials are not "perfect" either. No serial will be, but if they hav an engagin plot & characters u rely empathize with, ppl would stil support it..
    Well to put it plainly, the script really stinks.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

no matter in which part, de show sucks!!
    de actor n actress are all amatures, dey dun haf de skill of acting
    dey dun noe how 2 move or show their facial expression
    de hongkong n taiwan actor n actress r alot better den an1 in SG

the dayang shaodong part yesterday was funny!

Umm, Xiang Yun and Adrian Pang are amongst our best acting talents, not to mention Xiang Yun's been around for so long. Terence Cao is also doing a good job, and so is Yvonne Lim.

wats wid xin min?? seducing her cousin?? i dunno...so confused!! the tong xin yuan site isnt updating either!!

How long is this show?

Anybody know 'bout the ending?

Is there a part 2?
    Be nice, say hello. HELLO !!

Quote Originally Posted by xuelian
    If I may also add, Dayang is just dumb. His stupidness is TOO overdone. It gets to a point where he just HAS to be retarded, there's no other explanation.
    Actually DY kinda reminds me of Ah Wong... but of course Ah Wong was so much cuter & endearing & touching (e story)
    here Dayang's extreme cringing attachment to Baobei come across as unhealthy, a bit like pian tai .... again, i blame e scriptwriter/producer

Quote Originally Posted by wei_ge
    Well like i mentioned earlier, it seems like the artiist are failed by this stinkin crappy script, not rely their fault

XiangYun, Adrian Pang, Yvonne Lim& San Yow was pretty good... one of the best actress in the show Li Si Qi, they actually reduce her role by makin her senile & redundant... can imagine how STUPID they are?!