Thread: Emotional Scenes

Default Emotional Scenes

Who likes to watch draggy emotional scenes with tons of tears and what-not? I was just thinking of Dou-Yu, and how I always fast-forwarded the crying scenes...along w/ all other series I've watched. I dunno, everytime the faucets turn on and some slow song turns on, I get really annoyed. Who here actually enjoys those scenes? I just hate series that make me feel depressed with all the non-stop crying, wailing, and moaning....I mean, why use TV to remind us of misery?

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses
    Who likes to watch draggy emotional scenes with tons of tears and what-not? I was just thinking of Dou-Yu, and how I always fast-forwarded the crying scenes...along w/ all other series I've watched. I dunno, everytime the faucets turn on and some slow song turns on, I get really annoyed. Who here actually enjoys those scenes? I just hate series that make me feel depressed with all the non-stop crying, wailing, and moaning....I mean, why use TV to remind us of misery?
    I know what you meant ! I used to cry a lot when the emotional scene come on, but these days I just fastforward it too! I can't tolarant these scenes anymore, that why I think those sad dramas like "Stairway to Heaven" are just overrated !
    Cheers!!!!!!

Finally someone who agrees with me! *cheers* I know exactly what you mean about Stairway to Heaven as it is playing right now on talentvision and I can NOT stand it, especially the main character (girl). Her face just spells misery. Once I see her on, I just leave the room; even her stepsister with mediocre acting is more bearable to watch. Plus, it's just way too slow...too bad I can't fastforward realtime TV

I would say Pawnshop no.8, since there are so many sub plot stories.

i like d part where d son finally reconciled wif his parents... then they all hugged together... so touching...
    Obsessed with SCIENCE... WAHAHA...

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    I know what you meant ! I used to cry a lot when the emotional scene come on, but these days I just fastforward it too! I can't tolarant these scenes anymore, that why I think those sad dramas like "Stairway to Heaven" are just overrated !

Lol..I thought I was the only one who fast forwarded. I did that in Endless Love when they were just dragging Song Hye Kyo's death out.
    First love--Ekin Cheng.

Quote Originally Posted by Debs
    Lol..I thought I was the only one who fast forwarded. I did that in Endless Love when they were just dragging Song Hye Kyo's death out.
    hey . u know wat the title for ''Endless Love '' in vietnamese ??

Quote Originally Posted by PucCaa
    hey . u know wat the title for ''Endless Love '' in vietnamese ??
    Sac Mau Tinh Yeu

Junior Member bowielamandgigilailover's Avatar

i hate it when i see ruby lin cry! just too much! most series that i see her in it's all tears. but really i don't mind the tears and sorrow. i actually enjoy it when i can feel the pain wwhen WATCHING SERIES. because it's important for series to make you feel. whether it is pain joy suspense fear or anything. as to say i don't mind the blast of emotions when watching a movie but i hate it when i see people cry yet it's all seems so fake. blah one they just burst into tears all of a sudden!
    no matter how many years it has been no matter how many things have changed my heart to you have never changed, chi

In Alec's Heart 0=) Title: Alec's #1 Fan!

I like emotional sad scenes, but it can get outta hand. Series like Dou Yu I can handle, and actually semi weeped along, but i agree with whomever mentioned fast forwarding Endless Love.. ugh.. its a good serie and all, especially at the beginning, but towards the end, I just couldnt help but wish that she would hurry up and die... lol i didnt end up even finishing the serie up. Too much ><
    Alec Su Forever!!

~Bratty Princess Rox~

[Jay Chou]~[JJ Lin]~[S.H.E]~[Jolin Cai]~[Se7en]~[DBSG]

Okay, i think the tear-jerker scenes in Winter Sonata are just plain irritating. I dunno if its because the plot is lame or what. I usually can't stand the "faucet" scenes too, mostly because i think they are overdramatized, and the obstacles keeping the people apart or whatnot are pretty petty.

The only drama where I genuinely cried (and was surprised that I did too!) was in Stairway to Heaven. I think it was because it was one of my first sad korean dramas and i didn't read reviews from anybody before watching so it was just first impression. I really did think it was sad, especially the scene when the girl is laying on the beach helpless because she can't see.

the best crier ( meaning whose crying does not annoy me) imo for korean dramas are:

female : lee na young
    male : so ji sup

I know what you mean. I didn't mind them when I was young. Now I see those in series, and I'm like: ergh, get your act together girl! and shut up and move on with the story!

Touching moments are fine for me, and actually appreciated. Tearjerking scenes or overly emotional, soapy scenes, however, are generally fast-forwarded. I agree with the comment made about Endless Love. Liked the series at the beginning, but they were dragging out her death, and I wanted Song Hye Kyo to be with Won Bin anyway...
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

I agree, subtle and touching moments on screen are fine with me, in fact I like them because they add to the quality of the film. But scenes where there are just actresses who break down and start sobbing or lamenting with wistful faces just get on my nerves, to be blunt.

As long as they are well done it's okay. Like in Looking Back in Anger when Felix Wong visit Deric Wan in prison, that was a great scene.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.