Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Calgary could really use his scoring as they have had trouble during the regular season. But they did recently signed Alex Tanguay. So who knows. Blue Jackets got plenty of cap space for him. He could go there. Canadiens is also a team I think he could play well on.

My Leafs need a second line scorer like him. But the cap space is not available. I think most teams out there could use a guy like Dumont. Just not at the 2.9mill mark.

Your Oilers got Sykora. Nice move.

Your Leafs got Carter. Saw it coming a long time .. just dont know why in the world it took forever to sign him. Im real interested in seeing how he would become without the sedin twins next season. He's been a floater most of his career, and then one year he has a breakout year and he demands a 9 mil contract.. by the way what's the contract offer he signed with the Leafs?

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_One
    Wrong. Arbitration rulings only affects the team in which the player was a Restricted Free Agent on. Sabres walked away from the ruling. So Dumont can sign with any team for any amount above the league minumum. Dumont won't get anything close to the 2.9million he was offered. I would say 1.5-2million at most.
    hey im just wondering, can dumont re-signs w/ buff? some ppl say yes cuz hes a UFA, other says no cuz buff either accept the arbitration or lose dumont. i havent read anything dats concrete.
    i also think dumont is gonna get around $2m, theres not many teams dat have cap space anymore, and those that do dont wanna spend it. i can see him signing cheap to prove himself to get a bigger contract next yr, like wat carter did last yr.

trizz, good signing w/ sykora. he gives u guys a great group of forward. i think lowe wanna win every game next yr 7-6

the_one, i heard the leafs might trade away some salary (ex: antropov) so they can sign carter. if u can get him for $2M its a good deal, just put him w/ sundin and he should pop in 30 goals.

kiss7, carter is still unsigned as i type this. he is rumored to be close to signing w/ the leafs but toronto dont have the cap space. and i think hes more then a floater who breakout w/ the sedins. he did score over 55 pts 2x b4 last yr. sure the sedins helped his stats alot, but he aint a useless bum some nucks fans are making him out to be. at the rite salary he is still a good pick up for any team.

Leafs wasted cap space by resigning Antropov. That guy is almost a bigger pylon than Aki Berg. I also didn't hear anything signed as of yet regarding Carter. Supposedly really close.

Dumont can sign with Sabres if he wants. Since he is a UFA now. Buffalo's arbitration case with Dumont is simple. When Dumont was a RFA, the Sabres can match any offer Dumont receives from other teams. This means he has to sign with the Sabres if there is no higher offer. Now after Buffalo walked away from the ruling Dumont can now sign with any team for any amount including the Sabres.

lol Looks like Trevor Linden is coming back to Canuckville.

is antropov really dat bad? seems like hes just injured alot and got shafted playing on the 3rd/4th line w/ guys like domi and kilger. his stats not dat bad, hes decent defensively too i heard, sounds like a chubarov type to me. but i guess a leafs fan will know him better.

ps. speaking of domi, did u know that the anagram to tie domi's name is me idiot?? i dunno y but dat always makes me laugh so hard!!

Antropov's got no place in this new NHL. He is SLOW. His defence is sloppy sometimes too. Not as bad as Aki iceBerg and Wade Belak though. If this was the old NHL his size would be of some use standing at six feet six inches tall.

Just a plain liabilty when the opponents got the puck. His stats are decent for a 3rd/4th liner but still a bit of a dissapointment cause there were high hopes for a former 1st rounder like him.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

I thought antropov was a pretty decent player, but you never know toronto could just dump him for some draft picks. and carter, why not stay in vancouver, he's gonna have so much success, now that the sedin line is probably gonna be the top line for the nuks.

carters looking to cash in on a 33 goals year. who knows, if he re-sign w/ van, he mite have a crappy yr and he'll no longer have any leverage in negotiation. this is his best chance to get the most money from a desperate team.

its official : Linden resigned

Everybody knows this .. just wondered why the hell it took forever for this signing. oh well. By the way, we're getting arenavisions and a new score clock soon should be around 2007. We're like the only team in the NHL without them..about time we get one!

Carter isn't signed. A lot of teams can't sign him unless he takes the same he made last year or a significant pay cut. He and his agent ruined him for the season by waiting it out. Teams, like the Nucks, ran out of cap money and can't afford to sign him now. The nucks have $4 million to sign 6 players. And most likely, they'll want to leave a couple of mill for cap space (but we are know this isn't a reality). After both Linden and Beiska's signings, I don't know what cap space is left to fill the rest of the spots, but Carter won't be in on the plans.

You guys were talking about shopping malls in Vancouver earlier??? I used to live in Richmond and I used to frequent that Chinese shopping mall (the one with the Chinese radio station in it) and I heard that the washroom in the bowling alley was haunted.

Anyway, I really miss those hot Asian girls hanging around Vancouver. Btw, one of my ex-college classmates participated in the Miss. Vancouver Chinese International and she came in 2nd! Not only that, but she had the hots for me as did I for her! Because of that, my ego at the time was soaring higher than Messier's.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

haha kiss7 u scared the heck outta me! when u post 'linden resign' i thot u mean he quit playing hockey!! actually its not official yet, he havent re-sign (haha now im just being a jerk) but he should be by next wk when nonis is back from vacation.

hey bai qi, u mean the old aberdeen center? i didnt know the washroom was haunted. i went to dat washroom all the time too! tell me more about it.
    and wats the name of dat miss vancouver runner up? if shes good enuff to finish 2nd, she must be HOT!! y didnt u ask her out? i know the girl who won the sunshine contest a few yrs ago, shes the daughter of my mom's friend. we used to hang out once in awhile too, but now shes too busy for me . personally i dont even think shes that pretty, but other seems to disagree w/ me lol.

Geez what the heck? Rumors of the mall washroom is haunted? People seriously have too much time on their hands to start these ridiculous bs. And I thought haunted school washrooms rumors were already stupid enough

And haha superkarate :P actually according to sportsnet or tsn Linden is officially signed. The amount and offer is yet undisclosed though. Good to have him again.

And BaiQ which year did your friend compete for the Miss Van? Since you knew her pretty well how was she like in person like personality, etc.. And Im not sure but once during PE class I heard my friend told me that another classmate of ours- her sister is a contestant in Miss Toronto but that's all I know.
    And damn.. how cool it would be to be like Bernice Liu and Linda Chung.. winning Miss Van title and go on to compete in the Internationals representing Van.. get the title and follow up with a successful TVB career becoming the new generation of promising and talented fa dans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss7
    Geez what the heck? Rumors of the mall washroom is haunted? People seriously have too much time on their hands to start these ridiculous bs. And I thought haunted school washrooms rumors were already stupid enough

And haha superkarate :P actually according to sportsnet or tsn Linden is officially signed. The amount and offer is yet undisclosed though. Good to have him again.

And BaiQ which year did your friend compete for the Miss Van? Since you knew her pretty well how was she like in person like personality, etc.. And Im not sure but once during PE class I heard my friend told me that another classmate of ours- her sister is a contestant in Miss Toronto but that's all I know.
    And damn.. how cool it would be to be like Bernice Liu and Linda Chung.. winning Miss Van title and go on to compete in the Internationals representing Van.. get the title and follow up with a successful TVB career becoming the new generation of promising and talented fa dans.

The rumor came from those radio announcers. I've never seen a ghost in my life and I don't believe in the afterlife even though I really want to. Monkey, yes it's the Aberdeen Center. Old Aberdeen Center??? What happened to it. I haven't been in Vancouver in ages.

As for that contestant friend of mine. She has a really unique look. Like Cindy Crawford is prettier than Claudia Schafer, but a lot of people would love Claudia cause she's got a more unique look. Btw, it would be more cool if these girls who won Miss Chinese Vancouver, then Miss. Chinese International, then went on to have a successful career were once your girlfriend!!! That almost happened to me... almost.

Is it just me or does the Nucks look worse than previous years, but have spent more money on certain players than previous years? They've got something like 7 or 8 players all over $3 mill a year and that's the most in the NHL.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Ooh you havent been in Vancouver for ages? Where have you been?!

anyways the old Aberdeen center has been taken down and a new Aberdeen mall has been built. The structure, the interrior and exterrior looks really nice and fresh, but when you walk inside the mall, it's kinda boring and just doesnt have the "mall" feeling in a way too it. Like there's too much spaces and less people and everything. You should come back to Vancouver sometime soon.

Yes- although with Luongo I think the Nucks look a bit shabby right now- but again who knows? I'll have to wait for at least half the season to make any judgements on it. Just hope this is our year, which I highly doubt it anyways, but realistically, I hope it's soon. The city and its fans deserve a Cup for once goddamnit after 35 years and waiting.. =/ just hope Linden gets to hoist it once before he retires, thats for sure.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

it'd be great to see linden hoist the cup. I don't know why i don't live in vancouver, all my dad's best friends moved to vancouver in the early 90's because of economic hardship. Edmonton was crap, my dad decided to wait it out and guess what we did and now well i dont wanna say we're rich but it's pretty decent. I have like no working experience and i'm making 11 bucks an hour. If only our economic boom and your city of hot chinese girls combine, that would be like a dream come true, not to mention if we got vancouver's skills and you guys got our heart we're sure to win the cup anyday. I do think your team is missing some heart and determination, but our team is missing a heck lot of skill.

bai qi- i think i know wat ur talkin about now. that radio station was AM1320 rite? they used to have ppl call up to the station on sat nite and tell ghost stories. during a slow night, the DJ would tell some themselves. im pretty sure the haunted washroom was made up tho, i used to know a lady dat works there and she told me most of the stories are made up. altho i wouldnt be surprise if the new mall is haunted, cuz there was a murder there last yr. but i havent heard anything yet....

kiss7- i think out team looks better then last yr. our G looks much much better. our D is slightly worst base on reputation, but jovo havent been playing like an all star in yrs, so i dont think we are dat much worst. our F is less top heavy, but more balance. overall, we are a diff team, with a diff coach and system, i think we r better but it can go either way.

trizz- the oilers have TONS of skill, much more then nucks imo. hemsky, lupul, stoll, sykora, smyth, horcroft etc. your team is STACKED up front! if their D holds up, edm will be successful again this season. also, i wouldnt say edm have no hot girls, otherwise pronger wouldnt have to leave . but i do think they have less hot asian girls, most of their lookers are white.

yea who will be our backup goalie? lol I heard rumors of Leclerc.. Calgary's backup or something lol but its probably Wade Flaherty. To speak the truth we really have to see how the season progresses in order to make any further assumptions because we have no idea how the new coach and coaching style would work out, plus we have a very different team this year with many new faces. Cant wait for Oct 5th!

i think flaherty will get the job, unless he really stink it up in preseason. hes cheap and have experience, i think dats wat nonis is looking for, for now. too bad noronen left, i was really lookin 4ward to the luongo/noronen duo.

did noronen go back to europe? he would be a great backup, but then he doesn't want to be a backup, oh wells. vancouver will be fine in net, they got no problem, their d is ok and well i dont' know about your forwards questionable but they could work out.

I really think our d-men stink, really, we have like nothing, but then supposedly it's all full of players that were under the radar, or future stars, smid, hedja and tjarnqvist, we also got some up coming kids too, but i don't know if MacT can fit them all and i hope he doesn't that would mean our d really suck.