Page 31 of 74 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Canucks lose to Lames in first pre-season game 3-1. Kutny and Dwyer are cut for sure. Reid was the star of the Canucks and both Santala and Flaherty were also very solid. Not surprising we lost. Its like.. Manita Moose featuring special guest star Matt Cooke vs. the Calgary Flames. Cooke was the only recognizable one in the game's roster. MacIntrye was amazing during camp but was a total different story in the pre-season but hey hes still a kid give him some time.. :S

Cant wait for tmrw's pre-season vs. San Jose Sharks. 2nd favorite team beside the Canucks and favorite American team. Although the booing of the Canadian national anthem in Game 5 was definitely a disappointment and disrespect, I still liked the Sharks nevertheless. And Im no Shark bandwagoner. In 2004 when I first became a Canucks fan, I watched the last game they played vs. the Canucks before the post-season began and I already paid special attention to this team and have been cheering for them vs. Lames in '04 Cup run.

anyways I don't like Oilers and most of their fans (trizz you're cool though ) but loved what they did in Game 6 to make the Sharks fans look like total douches.
    Last edited by Kiss7; 09-20-06 at 11:27 PM.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! malkins hurt already!? stupid john leclair, not only did he fan on malkins awesome pass, he had to submarine him too? malkin's fall looks pretty bad tho, looks like he landed on his shoulder and face. not good at all.
    oh well, at least they still have crosby. did u c dat spin-aroma pass to armstrong? hes unbelievable.

im surprised that we only lost 3-1 (including a weak weak goal in the 3rd on macintrye). i thot we were gonna get blown out w/ a lineup like dat. im stoke to hear reid doing well, i want him on the team. no more big skill-less guys on the 4th line.
    btw, luongo and naslund r expected to play against the sharks. cant wait.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

kiss, am i the only oil fan you like? haha

i got angry at leclair, no more malkin, that's not cool to the calder race, i hope he's not gone too long, cause i really wanna see him play more.

after game 5 i thought we were gonna boo the american anthem too, it surprised me what we did to the sharks fan, made them look like losers, haha. supposedly for us, schremp is gonna get cut, mikhnov is gonna be in.

Oilers fans aren't that bad. I despise Nucks fans. j/k

Only fans I hate are the classless ones that boo at other countries anthems and starts chanting USA! USA! Now those are lamers.
    Last edited by The_One; 09-21-06 at 07:31 PM.

good news is malkin shouldnt be out too long. its a shoulder injury, so even if he seperated it the most it takes is 6 wks. not season ending. considering how he fell on his face, i thot he mite've broke his neck or something, so this is good news i guess.

schremp is getting cut? how come? chek out this shootout move he tried, this kid is insane w/ the puck! http://youtube.com/watch?v=ouJuGtyyddE

the_one - nucks fans mite be bad, but when comparing to leafs fans we look like angels

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey

schremp is getting cut? how come? chek out this shootout move he tried, this kid is insane w/ the puck! http://youtube.com/watch?v=ouJuGtyyddE
    The NHL isn't the circus league anymore thats why.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

that would be MacT's decision, I think Scrhemp should be on the team, i think that was just like joking around, like what you do during the little spare times you have during practices, haha you try something cool and unique, i dont think he'll do it during a game but he's good with the puck at other times. you should see the other shootouts he did in the OHL.

and yes compared to leaf fans all fans are angels, haha some even appear divine, haha

to speak the truth, every fan has their own share of cool and idiotic fans but yeah whatever I think most Flames fans are total douches.

anyways- nooo Canucks lost to Sharks today boohoo .. oh well its only a pre-season but still its a game. whatever. Luongo let in 2 goals on 13 shots both PP goals. Funny how most of the Canucks fans are jumping off the cliffs. Hey Kipper let in 3 goals on 15 shots.... and like last year he started off below average and returned to his original brickwall self too quickly.

Bourdon was kinda weak this game. Kesler once again was solid for the Canucks. Glad he is since he got the undeserving 1.9 mil. Wonder Twins activate once again. Back to back goals within 30 secs or so, the first by Danny the second by Henrik. Jannik Hansen got the 1st goal for the Canucks. Milan Michalek scored a hattie. Wow this kid is looking to be a breakout this season. Always thought he had potential and was looking to blossom soon. But its only pre-season but so far- things look good for him. Cheechoo got the other goal for Sharks that is not scored by Michalek. Nabokov was solid.

Hopefully Canucks would win the other pre-season games and go on to have a strong regular season. GO CANUCKS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by The_One
    The NHL isn't the circus league anymore thats why.
    hey he can do it in a shootout rite? u never know, he mite be pretty successful w/ those moves cuz goalie dunno wat to do. winning in the shootout is important cuz u get an extra pt.

i heard the first 5 mins of the nucks game, dont think they even had a shot, they were really out played from wat i heard. not a good start for the nucks, taking too many penalties. they better learn quick or else u'll b in deep shit. i think hansen is the first danish player to score an nhl goal, congratz to him, i think he'll be a decent player for us down the road. man SJ is gonna be hard to stop again this yr, even w/out thornton they still find enuff offense to win. and w/ michalek and bernier getting better, they should put up some crazy #s this yr.

man, i found 2 tix to the van/wash game on ebay, i went as high as $150USD, but got outbid by $2 the guy musta made a last second bid cuz i was the highest bidder w/ 10 secs left. im ever so pissed rite now cuz 2 tix to the wash game cost at least $250USD normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss7
    Bourdon was kinda weak this game. Kesler once again was solid for the Canucks. Glad he is since he got the undeserving 1.9 mil. Wonder Twins activate once again. Back to back goals within 30 secs or so, the first by Danny the second by Henrik. Jannik Hansen got the 1st goal for the Canucks. Milan Michalek scored a hattie. Wow this kid is looking to be a breakout this season. Always thought he had potential and was looking to blossom soon. But its only pre-season but so far- things look good for him. Cheechoo got the other goal for Sharks that is not scored by Michalek. Nabokov was solid.

Hopefully Canucks would win the other pre-season games and go on to have a strong regular season. GO CANUCKS GO!
    haha just wanna comment on this, shorthouse is such a bad play-by-play guy. the only thing more embarassing to nucks fans is tom larshire.

wells thats too bad, man that must really suck. maybe that person who bid higher than you is kiss, haha ask her for the tickets or its a very hot girl, maybe she's the girl who's gonna become miss chinese vancouver 2007, or better yet leila tong, haha. if it is then you can just put up a good gentlemanly face and ask them out then ask for the tickets, haha, like that's gonna work

it would be awesome if schremp did that during a shootout, but i doubt the league is gonna let him and the goalie that gets scored on is gonna be flaming so badly it's not even funny. cause it's funny how the goalie froze when schremp was coming down, he was just like "oh SHIT, what do i do now, coach never told me anything about this, better go with the flow."

Hey we beat the flames yesterday so revenge for you guys??? i dont know, ahha but it's quite funny, calgary had their best defense pair, best lines and best goalie out and we only had like 3 bonafied forwards 2 nhl dman for sure and our backup goalie surrounded by a bunch of rookies and we pulled out a win, i'm so excited to watch our team play so much depth up front and the defense doesn't look that bad, we stopped calgary to one goal for 40 minutes of the game, and it's not even the best defensive core we can put out there

haha, yea rite, i wish it was leila tong, i'd pay for her tix too, and dinner and anything she wants! lol.

i dont c y the league would not let schremp do dat move, its creative and exciting, and dats wat the league wanna promote. if anything they want more of these moves, u dont think fans across the continent saw the malik between-the-legs shootout goals last yr? it was the talk of the hockey community till the ovechkin goal.

i like how the oilers lit up kipper for 3 goals on 15 shots. u got some good offensive players, i think the oilers will make the playoff (yea yea i know its early) solely on their offense. how do u stop a team that have 4 scoring lines??

we lie down stack up in front of our goalie and lie there until the shootout, HAHAHAHA, no really i dont' know, i'm not the coach, haha i'm assuming we outscore them, really i dont' know.

well if schremp does that move occasionally like during crucial moments of shootouts and he scores every single time, then goalies are gonna complain, i'm serious think about it. It looks so cool i agree with that, but can if it can get pass the goalie's complaints then i'm all for it in the NHL but realistically if you're a goalie would you suppor that? maybe you will, haha, i probably will too, but there are some who don't, haha

Im surprised how good the Oils are doing so far. 4-0 in the preseason without Pronger and the other who left Edmonton.

The Canucks? sigh im disappointed.. as Im typing this the Canucks are currently getting crushed 3-0 by the Ducks. Luongo seems pissed. Welcome to the wild West Roberto.

****ing get that shit Dwyer off the ice! He's a goon, a big goon and nothing more than a dumb penalty-taking shit goon. yea I like this Hansen kid as well. First Dane to ever enter the NHL hope he's gonna be a huge star one day for us and become one of the greatest Canucks ever.

man.. why do the Ducks keeping owning Canucks these recent years. ahh whatever. cmon Canucks.. be ready for a comeback! I hope Vigneault's system does not **** up the Canucks cuz im not gonna be soo pissed...

man i know its only pre-season but things look gloomy so far... :/ .. cmon Canucks learn from your mistakes, and embrace for a supreme comeback season! I want to be enjoying intense, hard-working, and enjoyable great Canucks hockey this season! And of course.. win as well I hope Luongo adjusts to the West soon and gets back to his mighty self. He said the West is certainly tougher- and Im glad he got a taste of it.

Yesterday Luongo let in the Sharks' first shot on goal by Michalek as a chilling welcome. sigh.. its only pre-season right..? but im worried already. whatever im glad hes getting a taste on how its like in the West and toughens up. But im sure Roberto would do fine. He's just not used to the West and for a guy like him who loves challenges and like he said himself he knows the WEst would be challenging and hes ready to conquer it im sure he would be the Roberto Luongo we all know of.

its only preseason nothing to get too down on, and note to self nothing to get way too excited about, it's not worth anything it's only for the coaches to evaluate who gets cut and who doesn't. Theres too many guys for MacT to choose from they're all so good, he better make the right decision and put together the best team we got since the stanley cup winning teams.

omfg.. FINALLY we win a pre-season game... but its in freakn SO -.- whatever a win is still a win. so many shit penalties

Maybe I made a mistake in picking Luongo on my fantasy hockey team.

it depends, if you fantasy league keep track of shots-on-goal, GP, SP%, luongo should be a good pick. if its just win and SO, its not so good.

im not panicking, i refuse to, its way too early, and its expected that the canucks would struggle early. learning a new defensive system after 5 yrs of run-and-gun hockey will take time, and so will developing chemistry w/ new teammates. i expect them to struggle early in the season as well, the long road trips will not be pretty. but they should be fine after a month, and hopefully make the playoff at the end. its depressing to see the nucks need a shootout to beat the ducks (without neidermayer and pronger) while we dressed most of our guys tho.

on the bright side, the sedins looks great. ppl are saying they look even better then last yr, and should produce 90pts. putting nazzy on dat line and we mite get 3 100+pts players. altho our 2nd line would look pretty pathetic. i hope they keep grabner, that kid have mad skill!

i agree! Grabner is ****ing awesome. I remember at first when we drafted Grabner #14 overall this season everybody was like "ewww Michael WHO?! omg another poor draft pick by the Canucks.."blah blah.

this kid was determined to make the team and he was very excited about making it and shine for the Canucks since being drafted. Not sure if this is true but he said the Canucks are one of his favorite teams He tried to keep in shape and have been trying steadily to improve himself. People were saying he may be a next Havlat- he has speed, the vision and the hands.

hey superkarate did u read the Province article awhile ago about Grabner and his rooming with Naslund at training camp in Vernon? That kid was also bloody unbelievable in Vernon. anyway - he said he was joking with his friends about sharing a room with Canuck captain Markus Naslund now that Bertuzzi is down at Florida- and he couldnt even believe it when it actually happened in reality. He also said at first he was quite nervous and quiet when both first shared their room but then Naslund walked up to him and started talking comfortably making him feel like friend. Then both talked some more and knew more about each other and he was complimenting what a great guy Naslund is and then later on he handed him the remote control to the TV. Grabner was kinda surprised and yea.
    That was really a good read and im glad for good things like this. Hopefully Michael learns from Nazzy and when his time to make a debut in Vancouver comes, he will be awesome.

well at least your team got some established dman who at least need a little less than a month to learn a new defensive system, haha look at our defensive core, it's pathetic, nobody has really been a proven go to dman, they're all second rated. I'm really worried about your defensive end.

I'm surprised you guys needed a shootout to beat the ducks, i thought they would have been easy pickings given the lineup you guys assembled, next game for us is vancouver at edmonton, man lets put it all on the line, haha who's better your superstar goalie or our offensive talents?