Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1464

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44 View Post
    Are you kidding? The Ducks have no business leading this series. Other than game 1, the Nucks have dominated 5 on 5 play against the Ducks. It's their PP that almost killed them in game 2 whereas their PK bailed them out.
    The PP was what won game 3 for the Ducks. Game 4 - Ducks came back from 2-0 to win the game. You could say it's luck, but no matter what you say about the Nucks, the point is that the Ducks are leading the series 3-1. Hopes don't look good but it's not completely game over yet, so I rest my Canadian pride with the Sens (I still cannot get over being a Leafs fan cheering for the Sens).

so you're in Edmonton? Unless, you didn't implied that the city was a NHL city. ...
    No way! Not Edmonton (it's a clean place, but not for me)! Hint: considering my liberal political views, it's not Alberta Do you still want to guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by john-e View Post
    Ottawa deserved to win either way because they outplayed the Devils imo.
    At current performance, I think the Sens are outplaying the Devils. Emery might not

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey View Post
    speakin of cheering for fellow canadian teams, i find it hard to cheer for the oilers and flames anymore. the last 2 seasons when those teams make the playoff, their fans r so cocky and abnoxious (not u trizz ) i lost lots of respect for them.
    Well hey, I'm sure fans of any team are slightly cocky about their own team. That's part of being a fan. However, with the Leafs I don't even have a chance to be cocky or obnoxious. There's nothing to be cocky about! Sure, the Leafs can pwn the Sens every once in a while, but that's just about all they can do. However, I'm not giving up yet. I'm still young, and I bet the minute I jump off the Leafs bandwagon they'll win the cup.

Why doesn't NHL.com ever update the scores quickly enough? Oh wait that's what the auto-refresh button is for...

WOOT A 3-2 WIN FOR THE SENS. Sens lead the series 3-1!!!

GO SENS GO!
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    The PP was what won game 3 for the Ducks. Game 4 - Ducks came back from 2-0 to win the game. You could say it's luck, but no matter what you say about the Nucks, the point is that the Ducks are leading the series 3-1. Hopes don't look good but it's not completely game over yet, so I rest my Canadian pride with the Sens (I still cannot get over being a Leafs fan cheering for the Sens).
    I know that. I was saying the Nucks PK bailed them out in game 2. Their PK has been one of the best in the league in both the regular season and in the playoffs. Yet in game 3 (I'm not counting game 1 cause I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt), their PK totally sucked monkey balls (no offense to you Monkey).

You were hinting that the Ducks were a much better team than the Nucks and that's just not true judging from the games played (again, game 1 excluding). Nucks were up 3-1 against the Stars and really, they didn't deserve it cause the play was pretty much even in the first 4 games of that series. Same situation here, the Ducks don't deserve to be up 3-1, but they are. Although on paper, they are the much better team. In terms of actual play, they are about even.

No way! Not Edmonton (it's a clean place, but not for me)! Hint: considering my liberal political views, it's not Alberta Do you still want to guess?
    Well, you said your city is bad at hockey so it can't be Ottawa, considering your political views, cause that's a good team. Montreal? Victoria? Are we talking about an NHL city or an NHL city in Canada? Are you in the States?

Well hey, I'm sure fans of any team are slightly cocky about their own team. That's part of being a fan. However, with the Leafs I don't even have a chance to be cocky or obnoxious. There's nothing to be cocky about! Sure, the Leafs can pwn the Sens every once in a while, but that's just about all they can do. However, I'm not giving up yet. I'm still young, and I bet the minute I jump off the Leafs bandwagon they'll win the cup.
    In the famous words of Joey tribbiani, "How you doing!"
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Anaheim is still a really good team, but this series proved that they are not the Superteam that everybody said they are. The Canucks are putting up a good fight and giving them a run for the money. It could easily be 3-1 the other one. I'm saying this series is going to 7 games, but im not sure who will win it.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

its ironic dat today happens to be the 40th anniversary of the last time leafs won the cup. and the way their franchise is ran i wouldnt hold my breath if im u. but one thing about the leafs dat i have to admire is dat their fans r loyal. they sellout every game no matter how sucky they r, and they support their team even if they r the worst in the league.

almo, i agree dat the series could be 3-1 the other way, but i doubt the nucks have enuff left in the tank to take it to game 7. u can tell guys like salo and bieksa r still hurting, and mitchell and the twins had taken a beating in the playoff as well. w/ cowan the brabarian injured and cooke/kesler still not back, this is really testing our depth. i really hope we can come back and win this series, but i dont know how dats possible.

their PK totally sucked monkey balls (no offense to you Monkey).
    no taken, altho i would really appreciate it if u use donkey next time

um.. mr "im 105 yrs old", i think she mite be alittle too young 4u lol

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

what's with all this bashing of other canadian teams, other than the leaf and flames all the other teams are ok or good in my books, i just hate the stars and ducks so i'm kinda pissed off that nuks are actually down 3 games to 1. well go SENS GO!!! and i'm an oilers fan, and well we love hockey with a passion and our fans aren't cocky, just the bandwagoners, cause they can't tell the difference between red and blue, HAHAHAHA!!! well after this terrible season all the bandwagoners are gone.

ducks haven't been playing too well and nuks can't finish, I dont know who deserves to win more. In my opinion i say nuks should win cause well they haven't had much success for a long time and a long deep run would be good, but yeah ducks seem to be able to hold their ground which is a bad thing, lots of potential on that team, they're not playing too well and they can still win games.

As for sens, WOW, i guess they really do think its still regular season I hope they beat jersey tmr night.

Using the lovely multiquote feature...

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251 View Post
    what's with all this bashing of other canadian teams, other than the leaf and flames all the other teams are ok or good in my books
    What's wrong with the Leafs, hmm?

ducks haven't been playing too well and nuks can't finish, I dont know who deserves to win more.
    Well, in the end it doesn't matter who deserves it. Whoever wins it wins it, by luck or by skill or both. If you ask me who deserves it, I'd say Nucks all the way.

Same situation here, the Ducks don't deserve to be up 3-1, but they are. Although on paper, they are the much better team. In terms of actual play, they are about even.
    So you're attributing everything to luck?

its ironic dat today happens to be the 40th anniversary of the last time leafs won the cup. and the way their franchise is ran i wouldnt hold my breath if im u.
    Well so? The Canucks haven't won a cup in their franchise history (okay, so they haven't existed quite as long, but 37 years in the NHL I believe). Take the Red Sox - 86 years. Just take Murphy's law and tweak it around a little - what hasn't happened will happen if you give them a chance.

but one thing about the leafs dat i have to admire is dat their fans r loyal. they sellout every game no matter how sucky they r, and they support their team even if they r the worst in the league.
    Well for starters they're not the worst in the league, and even Philadelphia sells tickets. Fans have little control over how their team plays, but I bet the Leafs'll win one in my lifetime (unless I die an untimely death).

*giggles* Just fine. You just gotta love Joey. And Friends.

But if you are 105 years old, I'm not interested. I want to have children
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

So you're attributing everything to luck?
    No, and not once have I said that. You do need a little luck here and there as in lucky bounces, but the teams still have to play well. The way the series has gone, the two teams should be even in the series, but that's not the case. The same situation in the Dallas series cause Dallas played Vancouver quite evenly through the first 4 games and yet they were down 3-1. I don't know if you've actually watched the 2nd, 3, and 4th games of this series, but the only period where the Ducks clearly outplayed the Nucks was in the 3rd of game 4. Anyway, the Nucks are getting outplayed badly and perhaps all the games they've played with almost no rest is catching up to them. I don't get how the NHL screws Vancouver like this. After playing 7 games, they start the Nucks on Wednesday instead of Thursday to give them the 3 days rest. Tonight, both the Rangers and Sabres get an extra day's rest and yet Vancouver plays on. What a fair league. It's obvious they don't want Canadian teams to go deep in the playoffs cause of the American viewers.

But if you are 105 years old, I'm not interested. I want to have children
    Hey, I might be 105 but I can still produce... unlike our Nuck players.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

o what a sad nite in Nuks nation... hard breaker... ]

I heard there is a rumor that they will try to get Paul Kariya back home. If so that would be awesome
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

really paul kariya in vancouver? nah i think he'll stay in nashville. bettman clearly likes $$, he's always screwing with the canadian teams, unless the canadian teams are spectacular i can't see them winning a cup under bettman. when is his contract up anyways? and plus do americans really care about hockey, except for colorado, philly, new york and buffalo what other team really have a city that cares about their team?

No, and not once have I said that. You do need a little luck here and there as in lucky bounces, but the teams still have to play well. The way the series has gone, the two teams should be even in the series, but that's not the case.
    If you consider their playing on the rink even, yet the Ducks have won on paper, then what else would you use to fill in the gap but luck?

LOL blame the NHL. Against Canada? Well, I guess the Sens seem to have been forgotten in this effort to get rid of all the Canadian teams. But it's okay, I still blame the Devils and Islanders for the Leafs not making the playoffs. Fans.

Hey, I might be 105 but I can still produce... unlike our Nuck players.
    Fine, I'll give you my number.

But our children are being Leafs fans. That sentence sounded really weird.

If you consider their playing on the rink even, yet the Ducks have won on paper, then what else would you use to fill in the gap but luck?
    I didn't say it wasn't a little bad luck, but the way you're making it out to be, you seem to think that I attributed Anaheim's 3-1 lead as completely up to luck. Well, if you actually watched games 2, 3, and 4, you would know the Ducks played pretty poorly. Even the Anaheim fans and Ducks players admitted to playing badly. They are a much better team than that. Vancouver forced Anaheim to played their game in those 3 games (and lost at it). On the ice, the Ducks were arguably the marginally worse team, but really I'm only counting games 2, 3, and 4. Game 1 was an expected result. Game 5 was a big time disappointment, but even then Anaheim didn't really deserve to win the game the way they did. The 1st goal should've never counted and that OT goal might be a penalty or it might not. Anyway, the Ducks are the better team in this series, no doubt about it, but a rested and uninjured Vancouver team could've taken them on (I believe the Stars could've take them on too). Really, you have to stop thinking Anaheim is miles ahead of Vancouver just because they demolish the Wild in the same amount of games as they use to defeat the Nucks. Games 2, 3, and 4 could've gone either way. Game 1 was an expected result due to lack of rest and an emotional draining series. Game 5 should've been the Ducks, but Luongo tried not to allow it and last I heard, your goalie is part of your team.

LOL blame the NHL. Against Canada? Well, I guess the Sens seem to have been forgotten in this effort to get rid of all the Canadian teams. But it's okay, I still blame the Devils and Islanders for the Leafs not making the playoffs. Fans.
    I used to not think that way, but honestly after last year's playoffs and what I've seen so far in this year's playoffs, it's hard not to think that the NHL is screwing Canadian teams on purpose every chance they get. Did you know that the 2nd round was supposed to start on a Tuesday, the day after the Nucks eliminated the Stars. Yet somehow, Lou Lamerallo (sp?) convinced the league that the Devils couldn't start on a Tuesday. So, they started on a Thursday. How could a team who won their series in 6 start later than a team who won their series in 7? Did you also see that goal scored in game 5 in the 1st period? How can that even be call a goal is beyond me.

Fine, I'll give you my number.

But our children are being Leafs fans. That sentence sounded really weird.
    Even if you are the most gorgeous woman on the planet or the last woman left, I would not want this to happen. I just can't have my children as Leafs fans. No no no.... no to the dark side!!!

Btw, my friend went to TO for school and he converted from a Nucks fan to a Leaf fan. I have lived in Toronto and never have I once even contemplated of becoming a Leafs fan. I'm a die hard Nucks fan till death.
    Last edited by Bai Qi44; 05-05-07 at 03:27 PM.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

well im devastated when the nucks lost, but i've spent the last few days recovering from the trauma and now its not so bad. if u look at it objectively the nucks really had a great season. for a team picked by many to not only miss the PO, but to finish last (stupid phil esposito), we really accomplished alot winning the div title and a series. sure luongo's MVP type season helped, but i think this team grew alot and gives us hope for the future. now we just need nazzy to play like its the PO for the whole season, and have some good fortune when it comes to injuries, and we'll be able to make another run next yr. nonis need to pick up 1 offensive player this summer, resign some of our UFA (like linden/pyatt), and let some dead weights go (sopel).

I used to not think that way, but honestly after last year's playoffs and what I've seen so far in this year's playoffs, it's hard not to think that the NHL is screwing Canadian teams on purpose every chance they get. Did you know that the 2nd round was supposed to start on a Tuesday, the day after the Nucks eliminated the Stars. Yet somehow, Lou Lamerallo (sp?) convinced the league that the Devils couldn't start on a Tuesday. So, they started on a Thursday. How could a team who won their series in 6 start later than a team who won their series in 7? Did you also see that goal scored in game 5 in the 1st period? How can that even be call a goal is beyond me.

Even if you are the most gorgeous woman on the planet or the last woman left, I would not want this to happen. I just can't have my children as Leafs fans. No no no.... no to the dark side!!!

Btw, my friend went to TO for school and he converted from a Nucks fan to a Leaf fan. I have lived in Toronto and never have I once even contemplated of becoming a Leafs fan. I'm a die hard Nucks fan till death.
    i dont think the nhl is out to screw canadian teams, it was just a tv scheduling thing dat force the nucks to play so quickly after the 1st round. if u wanna talk about a team gettin screwed by the nhl, look no further then the sabres. seems like it wont be the playoff w/o them getting the short end of the stick. from the 99 cup winning goal, to the goal-from-the-outside-of-the-net goal against philly next yr, to the no-goal call against the rangers this yr in game 4, nobody suffer like they do in buffalo.

i wonder how ppl can become fans of another team. the nucks in my blood and i dont c how dat can change. even if i live in toronto and have the leafs shove down my throat, i can never cheer for them. i dont think u can call yourself a true fan if u can just fall in love w/ another team, those ppl r bangwagon fans.

also, i wouldnt mind marrying a leafs fan but she have to be REALLY REALLY hot otherwise its not worth it

Well so? The Canucks haven't won a cup in their franchise history (okay, so they haven't existed quite as long, but 37 years in the NHL I believe). Take the Red Sox - 86 years. Just take Murphy's law and tweak it around a little - what hasn't happened will happen if you give them a chance.

Well for starters they're not the worst in the league, and even Philadelphia sells tickets. Fans have little control over how their team plays, but I bet the Leafs'll win one in my lifetime (unless I die an untimely death).
    the nucks mite not have won the cup ever, but the leafs havent even made the final since the nucks existed, and we made it 2x. and i'll bet u dat the nucks will win it b4 the leafs does it again. they have been so poorly run for so long it'll be hard to recover, and instead of loading up on good young players like a bottomfeeding team should, they seems to trade them all away.

btw, i say no to kariya in vancity. we dont have the cap space unless we unload nazzy. and kariya had lost alittle of his touch, so if im gonna spend superstar money on a player, i want a superstar, and kariya isnt dat anymore. i think the nucks r really handcuffed by nazzy and mo's contract, and until they run out (in 08 i think) theres not much nonis can do.

GO SHARKS GO!!! i dont want to lose in my pool!

GO SHARKS GO!!! i dont want to lose in my pool!
    haha sharks gone. go sens go!

DAMM!!! oh wells, sens won tonight so thats a good sign. well if sens win i think they can go all the way and i hope ducks win the other series, cause well if ducks win and goes to the finals then the oilers get those conditional draft picks.

i hate the ducks, i hope they get swept. im cheering for the sens cuz i've always been a fan of their speed and skill, and i think spezza and alfies awesome. also they r a canadian team. go sens go!

i cannot believe what i'm seeing?!?! sens up 2-0 in the series, lets hope they can win the next game and they can take a game off and be lax and then finish off the sabres. GO SENS GO!!

wow, buffalo on the verge of being swept. dats shocking!