Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1464

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

feels like oilers run to finals last year, up 3-0 on a team and lost game 4 at home. but we lost in a blow out. my predictions for game 5, sens win 4-3 close game!!

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

i think buffalo will win 1 more. they have to win a game at home, dont they? but sens will take the series. go sens go!

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

YEAH that's what i thought. go SENS go. I think they can win the cup. but that's also what i said about flames and oils, haha.

if the sens play the wings, i think they'll win. ducks r alittle tougher tho.

went to the van giant game on sunday against the maniacs, it was one of the best hockey game i saw this yr. lots of hits, scoring chaces, great saves, and great plays. im enjoying juinor hockey more then nhl hockey this yr (even tho the nucks played well too, junior hockey is just more entertaining). the memorial cup is a great turny, im glad i was able to see it live. tix a little pricy tho
    Last edited by superkaratemonkey; 05-22-07 at 08:50 PM.

3-1 for the ducks can i safely say the cup is not coming back to canada?

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251 View Post
    3-1 for the ducks can i safely say the cup is not coming back to canada?
    Yup pretty safe. It's funny how this thread is a lot more dead when the nux are in the thick of things. What's with Alfie shooting the puck at Niedermayer??
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Yup pretty safe. It's funny how this thread is a lot more dead when the nux are in the thick of things. What's with Alfie shooting the puck at Niedermayer??
    A very classless move. Now I know why I hate this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by The_One View Post
    A very classless move. Now I know why I hate this guy.
    I see you're from the T dot. Let's just say I agree about Alfredsson The only Sens player I like is Spezza.

I never liked the Sens because of the Leafs rivalry, and the Ducks are my favourite US team. But the Sens would bring the Cup back to Canada. Then again, not like my opinion matters (plus I'm sticking with the Leafs for life) - the Ducks clearly dominated the Sens this series. Are there any hopes that the Leafs will bring the Cup home next year? Oh, it's 11:11. Time to make a wish.

Speaking of which, there was the controversy with the NYI defensemen and how it could've influenced the Leafs and their shot at a playoff position. In my opinion, the Leafs have the total possibility of playing crappy enough (especially if Raycroft's off) so that they would've lost their spot any way. But it still gives you something to "what if" about and is an excuse to say that the Leafs weren't that shitty...
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

well ducks win the cup. last season carolina won the cup... i'm thinking next season is calgary's turn? seems like the losers of yesteryears are winning the cup. weird. yeah alfreddson, that was a very very stupid move, shotting the puck at another player just because your team can't win. But really you can't blame the sens that much. yes they probably could have won a couple more games but anahiem is a pretty stacked team.

well the sens didnt put up much of a fight, the only guys dat showed up in the series is alfie (i still dont think he meant to shoot the puck at neidermayer), fisher and neil. most of the other players played well below their capabilities (spezza/heatley/comrie/redden). phillips scoring on his own net was also pretty bad. i think the nucks played the ducks better than the sens, even tho we were pretty banged up ourselfs. gratz to selanne and burkie tho, and may. i've always been a fan of teemu and glad to see he finally win the cup.
    trizz i hope ur wrong, if cal wins the cup i'll be pretty depressed. probably more depressed then the edmontonians when pronger lift the cup this yr lol.

oh yea, yashin got bought out. for the next 8 yrs he'll be paid $4M for not doing anything. he said he wanna go back to ott! haha. im sure the city of ott will welcome him back w/ open arms, NOT!

sry guys, well just monkey i've been working and taking a course no time for internet. and i've been playing pokemon too, bring back old memories. the draft is coming soon i wonder what we're gonna do with 3 first rounders i hope K Lowe can pull something off by getting a pick for next season

haha no worries, i've actually havent been checkin this thread in awhile myself.
    anyways im pretty disappointed in this draft, we picked a pretty decent prospect w/ our first in white, but our 2nd pick is very underwhelming. we dont really need a dman dat badly, and w/ all the offensively gifted player there i really thot we'd pick one of them. moller/repik/aliu/mayorov were all players dat i wanted, but we went w/ a stay at home dman w/ no offensive upside, just great!
    hows the oiler fans liking thier picks? gagner is a keeper. trade up to get riley nash is a head scratcher tho. i heard lowe is about to acquire a star nhl player, no idea whom tho.
    anyways im going on vacation for a couple wks, so i wont be posting here. cu in july

I really haven't followed with the draft, all i heard was gagner so i thought it went pretty well. i didn't really check out the rest of them.

The only big names i've heard were gomez, lecavalier and Redden
    Last edited by trizz251; 06-25-07 at 05:04 PM.

Wondering if you're back yet, but we got pitakanen, tarnstrom, sanderson and gresbevkov. and we lost lupul, sykora and smith. seems like we're the only team who are actually doing something, doesn't seem like the nuks are doing anything great. what do you think about all this stuff happening to the oilers, i'm still looking for a BIG DEAL

hey monkey when are you back?

OMG loook what happened to the oilers, we lost out on nylander and then lowe got his offer to Vanek matched. I think edmonton is really screwed. I dont know why all of the hockey world seems to hate edmonton...

wow, lowe was sure busy while i was away
    its good to see dat edmonton trying to improve themselves, and i really like the addition of pitkanen, hes one of the best young dman in the game and all u lost is an aging smith and an underachieving lupul. him and smid will anchor your blueline for years to come. you overpaid for survay, but u have to do dat to attract ufa, especially in edm. i think edm is vastly improved, but not sure if they'll make the playoff next season.
    us nucks having done anything special. im glad we have bieksa locked up for 4 more yrs, now our top 4 is solidfied for the next few yrs, and miller/krajicek makes for a great 3rd pair. we will have trouble scoring again next yr tho, isbister and ritchie wont lite the world on fire. nazzy better step it up.

btw, good job screwing over the sabres w/ the offer to vanek. my bro (a sabre fan) was ever so pissed, its so funny it made my day thx again. $50m for him is a bit much tho.

i hope lowe can get some sort of RFA that can help out hemsky or else we probalby wont' make the playoffs and will have to depend on young guys like schremp, cogliano and nilsson to pick up the slack, but i think schremp and nilsson will crack the line up and may be on the same line since they had great chemistry for WBS pens.

Nuks didn't seem to make a big splash, but it seems like their team is ready except for some questionable signings, isbister?!??! it's gonna be a one line team again...

i dont understand y the oilers let sykora go, he and hemsky played well together. its not like edm had a replacement for petr either. now that they lost lupul too, its gonna hurt the (surprisingly) lowest scoring team in the west last season. i dunno if rfa is the way to go, theres not much good young rfas worth the compensations, and last time lowe try dat (vanek) he pissed off the sabres badly. i think trade is the way to go 4 u guys.
    yea looks like nucks r waiting till next season when nazzy and mo contract to end b4 they make a big signing. our offense will once again rely on the twins and our d, but if nazzy and mo can have a bounce back yr we'll be fine. still, looking at all the signin the Avs made, it sure makes me feel nervous about next yr.

i think that vanek offer sheet was a smart move, it basically handcuffed a lot of other teams, if vanek can have that much money, a lot of other rfa's in their arbitration will get a lot more money and teams will either go over the cap, near the cap or have to just give up on the player. which playes into lowe's hand. it's human nature for sabres to be upset but i don't like what they said about going back on the oilers. yes i may have some personal emotions in it, but when you think about it, if you're running a team, your main focus is to find a way to make your team better, whatever move you pull off as long as it falls within the rules i dont think anyone should be made and vanek was a free agent, all teams have the rights to make an offer sheet.