Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1464

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

i agree to a certain extend on the vanek case. sure lowe was playing w/in the rule, and his only concern should be to make his team better, so its not like he did anything wrong. but dat move is frown upon (rightfully or not) by other GMs and ppl just arent happy when u do something dat is not "proper". like last yr when clarke gave kesler dat offer sheet, most ppl (even non vancouver fans) are upset, becuz it (supposedly) skyrocket all other RFAs asking price. sure vanek gets more money, but so does (in theory) other RFAs. in a cap world dat is a big deal. plus if it start a trend, there'll be chaos when every team is signing each other's RFAs. i honestly dunno how i feel about the whole thing, all i know is it really screw over the sabres and im glad hehe.
    hey did u hear dat lindros is retiring? tough way to go out for a player w/ so much promises.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

no i never heard about lindros retiring only roenick.

omg i was scared when i came into the sports topic to see a lot of threads gone.

its true it will skyrocket the rfa prices during arbitration, but i think vanek probably earns that kind of money, well not to the extend to 7 mil maybe around 5mil but in a couple years he'll be worth more than that 7 mil price. well at least it didn't start a trend yet all we saw were 2 cases of these rfa price matching things.

well this offer sheet screwed the sabres over, not like its a bad thing at all. and well i think the sabres will come back at our rfa. maybe this will spiral into a retribution sort of thing...

i think the sabres said they'll get the oilers back in the future. and w/ pikeninan's contract up next season, sabres just mite retaliate. and i dunno if vanek have earned dat contract yet. sure 40+ goals is amazing,but he played on a high power run-and-gun system w/ briere and drury. now dat they r gone i wonder if he'll still be as effective.
    damn i hate summer when theres nothing going on in the nhl. cant wait till trainin camp! i wonder how many pts the oilers will get this season. playoff possible?

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

we need someone to support hemsky, and the young guys probably need a bit more experience so i say our chances of getting in is pretty bad, i think we're gonna be like somewhere in the last 10 teams.

Maybe sabres will come back at pitkanen, just for the hell of retaliating. but you never know, i think lowe will try to get him on an extension b4 july 1st next year. with pitakanen, smid, greene and soray for the next couple years i think our defense is good enough. but i think we still need forwards, and you guys nuks need a second line scorer too!

man summer does suck, i'm watching robot chicken...

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251 View Post
    we need someone to support hemsky, and the young guys probably need a bit more experience so i say our chances of getting in is pretty bad, i think we're gonna be like somewhere in the last 10 teams.

Maybe sabres will come back at pitkanen, just for the hell of retaliating. but you never know, i think lowe will try to get him on an extension b4 july 1st next year. with pitakanen, smid, greene and soray for the next couple years i think our defense is good enough. but i think we still need forwards, and you guys nuks need a second line scorer too!

man summer does suck, i'm watching robot chicken...
    ha, your summer does suck if u r watching dat.
    yea i dun understand y the oilers let sykora go? him and hemsky worked well together, granted it was ales doing all the work, but sykora is a good signing at his contract. plus its not like u have somebody proven ready to take over. and while your D looks better on paper, its hard to tell if it'll play better than last yrs group. u lost a rock in smith, and souray is not gonna replace his defensive play. pitkanen had a tough yr last season and regressed quite a bit, he have potential to be better. smid and greene r young so u never know wat u'll get. roloson will have to do a better job at covering their butts next season. wat u guys really need is a couple forward prospect steppin in and surprise everybody. at least one of nilsson, schremp, or cogliano must step in and play top 6 4 u guys if the oilers wanna make the playoff, cuz their O is almost as pathetic as the nucks (possibly worst actually).

actually i think other than the fact that we have stoll and hemsky, our O is practically non existent. if nilsson and schremp step in and surprise everyone i think we may have a go at making top 10 in the conference which is better than last year.

from what you hear from me, i am being realistic, its not that i dont support my team, i do but it seems like everything is against us when we thought everything was looking great. the nuks are gonna do better than us that's for sure.

oh lowe went for another RFA, he went for penner lets see how this pans out. just wondering if oilers have to give up draft picks i'm hoping he does 2009 picks, the kids for 2008 look so good!!

haha kevin "lowe-blow" another GM! im so glad its burkey too, not becuz i hate brian, but he gives the best quotes and reactions. from an outsider point of view, the entertainment value is awesome!
    but seriously, penner is not worth $4M+ per. hes a good player, but dats UFA type money (kinda like hartnell, and they r comparable in many ways). to give an RFA an UFA offer is overpaying IMO. plus u have to give up a 1st/2nd/3rd round picks next summer. i think lowe is really trying hard to improve his team, and he just ran out of other options. i think the "winner" is the team that DOESNT end up w/ penner at that contract. i watched him last yr, hes big and have a good touch around the net, but hes also lucky to be playing w/ getzlaf and perry. theres potential in him, but doesnt justify that contract.
    i wonder if burkey will match. if he does, and neidermayer and selanne returns, he'll be have to dump alot of salary to get under the cap. burke should take the picks (the 1st will likely be top 5 IMO, im also being realistic here) and let his awesome scouting team do the rest.

for some reason i want anahiem to match it, and our team tank for another year. and i'm hoping we tank really badly like 0-82-0 for the next season.

so we can get traverse (sp).

traveres not eligible next summer.
    haha anahiem didnt match so now ur stuck w/ dustin penner at $4M+ for the next 5 yrs, good luck w/ dat. now u want the oilers to do good, otherwise u'll see some high picks going the ducks way.
    i still think the oilers r the weakest team in the NW. i think they'll be better, but they'll still be bottom in the div.

the northwest division is stacked. i wish the oil were in the central, HAHAHAHA. saw it coming we were gonna get penner for a retarded amount of money, GRRRR. wonder when is nhl 08 out. i hope the pc version is good. are they gonna come out with a wii version?!?!?!

oh hey have you seen the new jerseys on sale yet? I have really went shopping lately.

haha well if the oilers have better luck w/ health this yr, i think they can contend for a playoff spot. last season u guys were top in NW until all your dmen got knocked out.
    i dont think any nhl games will be out on wii, altho dat will definitly be interesting. do u have a wii? i want one so bad! but i also want ps3 for final fantasy games. too bad ps3 is so expensive, plus i dont have a hd tv anyways.
    i havent shop for jerseys lately. spent too much money on them already, i dont think i'll be gettin another anytime soon. u should get a pitkanen jersey tho, he'll be a popular player 4u guys.

yeah i got a wii, there aren't any good games out for PS3 right now and its way overpriced so i'm not gonna get that for awhile. but then i may end up getting a 360 during xmas cause of halo3 and nhl. playing nhl on 360 is so fun.

I'm hoping theres some unseen chemistry with the guys we have, maybe we should sign carter, he's a free agent right? cant really remember. I have a feeling that nilsson and schremp may light it up. torres and stoll maybe good maybe if you put penner next to them you can have a better line. as for hemsky they still need to find a better centre. or we can wait out a year and work hard enough to make the playoffs get kicked out in first round, then our picks won't be that great for anahiem. Then we'll go for getzlaf and perry, MUHAHAHA. but i doubt it, burke is gonna sign those guys asap RFA's are gonna be locked up quickly now that lowe has made his move on a couple of them.

Senorita Liza Wang, Ud es MUY bonita para su edad. Besame.

I like (ice/roller) hockey. Bloody rough sport.
    Liza Wang-the only gorgeous woman to make any man (especially me!) swoon with one piecing look. (never underestimate the power of a woman)

yeah i got a wii, there aren't any good games out for PS3 right now and its way overpriced so i'm not gonna get that for awhile. but then i may end up getting a 360 during xmas cause of halo3 and nhl. playing nhl on 360 is so fun.

I'm hoping theres some unseen chemistry with the guys we have, maybe we should sign carter, he's a free agent right? cant really remember. I have a feeling that nilsson and schremp may light it up. torres and stoll maybe good maybe if you put penner next to them you can have a better line. as for hemsky they still need to find a better centre. or we can wait out a year and work hard enough to make the playoffs get kicked out in first round, then our picks won't be that great for anahiem. Then we'll go for getzlaf and perry, MUHAHAHA. but i doubt it, burke is gonna sign those guys asap RFA's are gonna be locked up quickly now that lowe has made his move on a couple of them.
    oh man im so jealous. did u mod your wii? have u play paper mario? wat games r good, and which ones u like? i like dragonball, specially shooting those fireball. i never play nhl on my xbox, i wanna get it just for halo3 tho. i hope halo3 is alittle easier than the last one, 2 was impossible to beat in legendary

u dont want carter (im assumin ur talkin about anson) unless u have the sedins. seems like it takes TWO elite playmakers to get him going. hemsky's talent shouldnt be wasted on a guy like him. if stoll have a good season like u hope, than mabbe he'll be a target for a rfa offer next summer.

i think burke will have a tough time again next season. sure he'll wanna lock up getzlaf and perry, but after seeing the offer vanek and penner got this summer, u think they'd be eager to sign b4 july 1st? i think all rfa that think they have a chance to get an offer sheet will hold off from signing till the summer.

duke darcy, welcome to the thread. do u play hockey in any league?

wii is awesome, wii sports is fun, raving rabbits is awesome, need to get zelda and paper mario though. i need a 360 so i can get halo. you should come over and play wii, haha 1200 km just to play wii, HHAH that'll be funny.

stoll is shaping up to be the next captain, i think lowe will try to sign him asap. theres a lot of rfa's on our team. burke be completely tied down if niedermayer decides to come back, he doesn't have enough money to work with, how is he gonna sign both perry and getzlaf? how are we gonna sign pitkanen, stoll and a bunch of others. yikes!!

wii is awesome, wii sports is fun, raving rabbits is awesome, need to get zelda and paper mario though. i need a 360 so i can get halo. you should come over and play wii, haha 1200 km just to play wii, HHAH that'll be funny.

stoll is shaping up to be the next captain, i think lowe will try to sign him asap. theres a lot of rfa's on our team. burke be completely tied down if niedermayer decides to come back, he doesn't have enough money to work with, how is he gonna sign both perry and getzlaf? how are we gonna sign pitkanen, stoll and a bunch of others. yikes!!
    wii sport is ok, i hate bowling cuz it always spins to the rite for no reason. i never break 100 wii bowling and it pissed me off. especially when my friend's 8 yr old daughter beat me, lol! im actually not bad in real bowling tho, dats y its so frustrating. zelda will be good, smash bros should be awesome too. do u have rayman? i love dat game on wii. but i think u should bring your wii over to van w/ u, cuz dat way kiss can play too

i dont think neidermayer is coming back. and if he does burke can always dump some salary. next season there'll be contracts coming off the book too, and the cap should go up, so i think burkie will be ok. as long as nobody offer getzlaf or perry vanek-like contracts he'll be fine. he probably dont have enuff cap space to screw over edm tho. but im sure other teams will probably target stoll or pitkanen if they have a good season. but next summer, if stoll and pitkanen ask for huge raises, i bet lowe will be regretin that penner contact

have you met kiss personally? i just know her as kiss the person who left us for something else, haha how old is she?

rayman is raving rabbits, its awesome, haha so fun.

i think lowe is gonna lock them up either early or right b4 the season ends, hopefully. i think someone is gonna give getzlaf an offer shift, haha just watch its gonna be LOWE again, HAHAHA.

with the new reebok tight fit jersey coming out so many teams got new logos weird how its happening all at once, i heard they're banning third jerseys too....

have you met kiss personally? i just know her as kiss the person who left us for something else, haha how old is she?

rayman is raving rabbits, its awesome, haha so fun.

i think lowe is gonna lock them up either early or right b4 the season ends, hopefully. i think someone is gonna give getzlaf an offer shift, haha just watch its gonna be LOWE again, HAHAHA.

with the new reebok tight fit jersey coming out so many teams got new logos weird how its happening all at once, i heard they're banning third jerseys too....
    I don't think they are banning the 3rds. I heard they just didn't have time to make em for this season. They will bring them back cause it makes them so much money. I still like the old jerseys. Way too many teams changing all at once. Although the Washington jerseys rock.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

do u have mario striker (soccer game) for wii? dat games really fun too. its very similar to the gamecube one.

i've never met kiss, i just chat w/ her on msn once in awhile. gimme your msn if u wanna chat w/ us too.

reeboks not doing the tight fit jersey no more, i think the nhl put a stop to it cuz it was too hard for players to put on/take off. plus it doesnt look as great.

i cant wait to find out the nucks new jersey. i heard its blue/green like the vintage one, but w/ the whale as a logo. i think dat will suck, im hoping its something else. but we'll find out soon i guess, not dat i look forward to it but the mystery is killing me.

oh man, i cant believe it, but it looks like linden wont be playin for van next season. vino didnt sound like he wanna bring him back, and nonis havent talk to linden much since the end of the season. now dat lindens back and they talked, suddenly trevor is leaving the team's practice. its not looking good...i must admit dat it doesnt look like linden have a spot on the team rite now (our bottom 2 lines are set, and lindens not a top 6 forward anymore), but i would hate to see him retire somewhere else. lets hope nonis can dump some 4th liner and find a spot for trev.

the sens are also coming out with a new logo on wednesday. really nuks coming out with new logo too. sry almo i dont really like the caps' new logo it looks really retro and i never really did like the retro caps logo also why i hate the ducks' new logo. One team we dont have to expect to have a new logo are the original 6, they're logo is basically their team.

yeah i heard linden is not going back, but who will take them? maybe columbus they're pretty bad right now.

OH man i need to get the mario strikers game, haha hey i'll give you my msn on PM!