Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1959606162636465666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1464

Thread: Hockey anyone?

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

RUMORS:

schremp and nilsson could be traded.

I hope this doesn't come true at all. I hope the oilers stay quiet other than the fact of moving roloson, if he's a backup, he's an expensive one.

Everybody hates Matt Cooke and that includes us Nucks
    fans too.

The Oilers are definitely sellers at this point of the game and if you Oiler fans think they're buyers, then you're very naive. I heard about the Richards rumors to Edmonton too and I think it was made up by some Oiler fans or Eklund. Richards wants to go to a playoff team and that eliminates Edmonton right off the bat. Not only that, but Richards already submitted a list of 8 teams and Edmonton's not on it. Vancouver is. Vancouver, Dallas, and Columbus are the front runners, but I rather we not get into a bidding war with Dallas or Columbus as that close to 8 mil/yr contract can really handicap a team. I would hate to lose a potential sniper in the making in Grabner to get Richards. For Jokinen, I would do it, but not for Richards.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

i think i'd be smart for the oilers not to buy too, and not to fire sale as well. there are some great young players that are still in the system and need a chance to play, like schremp, nilsson, gagner, gilbert and cogliano. i think roloson, sanderson and even reasoner or torres needs to go. but then torres can't be moved he's injured. if i were lowe i would ship roloson and sanderson together for some picks and just sit like that and then sign the rest of the rfa's, stoll, pitkanen and gilbert dont want anymore of those juicy offer sheets coming our way.

GET rid of cooke that's all i can say, maybe jokinen is good, but i dont know if he wants to leave florida and be reunited with luongo. richards is way overpaid no one wants him.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious the Oilers are going to be sellers at the trade deadline. As stated by trizz, I hope the younger players don't get traded anywhere...they are a part of the Oilers' future. Definitely try to get rid of Roloson, Garon has officially taken over the #1 goaltender position.

Big news of the day is Forsberg signing with the Avalanche. I thought this guy won't come back to the nhl despite all the rumours. I guess I'm wrong lol.

A great addition for the Avs as they try to battle for a playoff berth. Now that Sakic is back from his injury, Colorado has a shot at making the playoffs.

Forsberg signing with the Avs p*sses me off on two fronts. He said he wouldn't come back and because of him, a lot of teams, including my Nucks wasn't able to do anything cause we were waiting for him to make up his mind.

Now he signs with the Avs, it worries Vancouver, Nashville, Phoenix, Minnie, Calgary, and SJ. They're going to push one of us out of the playoffs. Of course, you Oiler fans will have nothing to worry about. :P Sakic and Forsberg together.. dang... Maybe we should get Bertuzzi back from Anaheim and reunite him with Naslund to offset that Sakic/Forsberg combo.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

yeah i thought forsberg said he wouldn't be coming back what is this blasphemy now. colorado also got back foote and have salei. they are officially stocking up for the PO. which means one team wont' make it. i'm hoping its calgary.
    pens got hossa, dupius and hall
    toronto stocking up on some picks but dont know if its good
    sharks have campbell
    stars have richards
    tampa got a load of players and unloaded on quite a bit for picks.

seems like a pretty interesting trade deadline, but i'm still confused why the oilers didn't unload on roloson. if we buy him out it'll still count as salary might as well make his 3M someone else's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251 View Post
    i'm still confused why the oilers didn't unload on roloson. if we buy him out it'll still count as salary might as well make his 3M someone else's problem.
    No one wants to talk to Lowe after what had happened last season (offer sheets) LOL.

Roloson's trade value is pretty low considering how well Garon has played in net (thus, taking over the #1 position). The Oilers didn't do anything on trade deadline (thank god Pitkanen is still an Oiler -hopefully Lowe will be able to re-sign him during the offseason).

Forsberg signing with the Avs added a lot of firepower for Colorado. With all the injuries they had, the team is still contending for a playoff spot. Now that Sakic, Stastny, Smyth are back into the lineup, and with the addition of Forsberg, and Foote, the Avs got a shot at making it to the post season.They missed the playoffs by merely a point last season (the Oilers gave them a chance as they beat those Flames in game #82 after a horrendous finish to the season). Too bad the Avs couldn't capitalize and win the game against Nashville (I think) or else they would have kicked the Flames out of the last playoff spot.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

roloson have NEGATIVE trade value now, nobody wants a $3M backup. even huet, who have played well this season and last 2, making less money than roloson, and is younger, only got montreal a 2nd round pick in 09. i think edm is stuck w/ him till the end of the contract.

im glad to see forsberg back, i dont even care if its w/ the Avs. im a huge forsberg fan and is glad to see dat hes at least trying to make a comeback. and he looks out of place in any jersey but the Avs.

glad the nucks didnt trade for richards, we cant afford to have $7.8M tie up on a 2nd line center (2nd line on this team). plus we keep bourdon and our 1st from this yr. i wanted jokinen but not for wat florida was asking (apparently it was kesler+edler+1st+another player). jokinen would be sweet as his contract is reasonable, and he proved dat he can produce on a line w/ average players (unlike richards). im disappointed dat we didnt improve our team much, but im glad we didnt "sell the farm" either. this summer will be huge for nonis and the nucks tho

ps. i know ppl hates cooke, even some nuck fans, but im gonna miss him. i'll never 4get the superpest 'cookie monster' dat we loved during the crawford era. he was an ideal 3rd liner, the only complain ppl have on him is he never fights, but dats a great thing, becuz dat pisses the other team off even more, and they start going after him, and end up takin more stupid penalties. cooke will always be a favorite oh mine (until he plays the nucks i guess, then he'll drive me nuts).

WHOA... hossa injured first game as a pen. i thought they were the biggest winner during the trade deadline, i guess now. and richards is the one with the best outcome right now. huet and fedorov going to washington was a steal and colorado is packing it up quite good. briere is also doing quite well as a sabre too. i wonder why teams dont do this earlier... oh well guess the deadline is like one of those push come to shove things...

Yeah, what a rip-off for the Pens so far. They gave up so much for Hossa (a first round draft pick in a very deep draft this year, a very good prospect and two good young players), and if the Pens don't go deep into the playoffs, Atlanta's got a steal of a deal. Since Hossa is UFA after this season, it's not a guarantee that he'll sign with the Pens...

guess the pens r tryin to make a run for the cup this yr. they have the assets to make this gamble cuz they ahve so many prospects, and espo looks like he could bust, so its worth it. once sid is back they'll be tough to beat, altho i still like ottawa to come out of the east.
    anybody saw wat happen to smyth? he got ran into the end of the glass. heard he got a concussion. tough luck. just when they got foote and forsberg, they lost smyth again.
    dammit everybody aroudn the nucks won today, we'll be out of a PO spot soon if we dont beat the hawks tmr. good thing we have games in hand on most other teams. we better make them count or else.....
    btw, heard sundin mite not go back to toronto next season. if dats true he REALLY screw over the leafs. by not waiving his no trade, he took toronto out of a chance of loading up on prospects and picks, then hes just gonna walk after the season? and becuz he wont waive his no trade, guys like tucker and kaberle also wont waive their's, so the leafs cant trade them either. it such a mess over there.

Plain and simple - JFJ screwed the Leafs team up big time. Massive overpayments for players like Kubina, McCabe, Blake. They have also made some pretty bad trades. Toronto has to start fresh in order to try to build the team into contenders. It's going to be very tough though.

I heard Smyth is okay after the hit he took on Saturday. The hit looked quite nasty, but it wasn't as bad as it looked. Good thing he's alright. Smyth is usually a very tough guy. Seeing him get carried out with a stretcher spelled trouble.

Yeah JFJ screwed it up, not only because of those overpaid salary but also because of all those no trade clauses he keeps handing out. In addition to that. the years b4 they keep thinking by trading away prospects for stars taht no one would pay for would solve all their woes, well once the new CBA came along they basically just died. i guess toronto needs some time to adjust, i don't think they can be the force they use to be but they could start now and develop a good young team with jiri tlusty, pogge, steen and stajan. and i dont know whats wrong with sundin he can easily get the toronto with good prospects AND good picks in a nice deep draft this season i dont know why he won't waive his NTC to go for like 6 weeks and come back during the off season. is it that bad wearing another jersey...????

Yeah trizz, I don't get Sundin either. He could have gotten the team some draft picks or prospects in return if he got traded to another team. Doesn't he want to win a cup? He should go to a contender to win a cup before his career is up. There's no way that Toronto will suddenly turn into cup contenders in the short term. The team is just...screwed up.

To my fellow hockey fans (yes, this includes you Flames and Oilers fans too ), PM me if you want to watch hockey games online.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

Quote Originally Posted by AVcrystal View Post
    Yeah trizz, I don't get Sundin either. He could have gotten the team some draft picks or prospects in return if he got traded to another team. Doesn't he want to win a cup? He should go to a contender to win a cup before his career is up. There's no way that Toronto will suddenly turn into cup contenders in the short term. The team is just...screwed up.
    I get Sundin. And I admire the loyalty he shows towards the Leafs, especially since it's not the norm in the industry. Not to mention switching teams just for the sake of a Stanley Cup can clearly backfire...look at Cujo. Finally, Sundin's had a great career that definitely surpasses some players who have gotten their name on the Cup, so it's not the end of the world.

Well, thinking positive, the Leafs are um, 13th, as opposed to last?
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I get Sundin. And I admire the loyalty he shows towards the Leafs, especially since it's not the norm in the industry. Not to mention switching teams just for the sake of a Stanley Cup can clearly backfire...look at Cujo. Finally, Sundin's had a great career that definitely surpasses some players who have gotten their name on the Cup, so it's not the end of the world.

Well, thinking positive, the Leafs are um, 13th, as opposed to last?

He's not showing any loyalty to his team. In fact, he's doing it for selfish reasons. Not only did he not get his team some future top prospects, but with him not waiving his no-trade clause, a bunch of other Leaf players followed suit. This doesn't help their future. Not only that, but him scoring so much and leading his team to 17th-20th spot overall really doesn't give their team any chance of getting Stamkos or a top 5 pick in a very deep draft.

I heard a rumour that the Leafs will not re-sign Sundin this off season even if he doesn't decide to retire. If Sundin had just decided to retire at the end of the season and wouldn't waive his no trade clause because of it, everyone would think he's loyal. But because he's undecided and doesn't want to be a rental player and help his team's future out in the process, he's totally being seen in a different way by a lot of Leafs fans now.

Btw, beings 13th in the East is not one bit positive for Leaf Fans. Being dead last would be better to them...literally (Stamkos).
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

i can feel the hostility towards leaf fan right now.

I would have to agree with BQ on this one. Sundin is not showing loyalty to his team at all, his one move caused all the other overpaid underacheivers with NTC to not waive theirs. He cost his team the chance to load up on prospects and great young players which they desperately need.

ON a good note! Cogliano is an NHL record holder, that's crazy, 3 straight overtime goals! that one line of nilsson-gagner-cogliano could just be our bonafide second line next season and with the penner-horcoff-hemsky line currently out of commission these kids have stepped up and shown that they're definitely worth it. I have a feeling reasoner, torres and sanderson will not be coming back to make room for these guys. and schremp could be coming up. these young kids are doing so well for the team its awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251 View Post
    ON a good note! Cogliano is an NHL record holder, that's crazy, 3 straight overtime goals! that one line of nilsson-gagner-cogliano could just be our bonafide second line next season and with the penner-horcoff-hemsky line currently out of commission these kids have stepped up and shown that they're definitely worth it. I have a feeling reasoner, torres and sanderson will not be coming back to make room for these guys. and schremp could be coming up. these young kids are doing so well for the team its awesome!!
    Yeah, that was awesome. Cogliano donated his stick to the Hockey Hall of Fame...history in the making.

Future is bright for the Oilers. Other players have stepped up since the season ending surgery for Horcoff and Souray. The Oilers' #1 line doesn't seem to as dominant with Stoll centering between Penner and Hemsky. Horcoff will be ready to go next season - hopefully him having a career year (he was on pace to set a new career high until his injury).

Yeah, the kid line is doing great, and the Glencross-Brodziak-Stortini line looked great also. They seemed to have some chemistry going on.

Grebeshkov is steadily improving, and I hope Lowe signs Pitkanen during the offseason.

GO OILERS!

Quote Originally Posted by AVcrystal View Post
    Yeah, that was awesome. Cogliano donated his stick to the Hockey Hall of Fame...history in the making.

Future is bright for the Oilers. Other players have stepped up since the season ending surgery for Horcoff and Souray. The Oilers' #1 line doesn't seem to as dominant with Stoll centering between Penner and Hemsky. Horcoff will be ready to go next season - hopefully him having a career year (he was on pace to set a new career high until his injury).

Yeah, the kid line is doing great, and the Glencross-Brodziak-Stortini line looked great also. They seemed to have some chemistry going on.

Grebeshkov is steadily improving, and I hope Lowe signs Pitkanen during the offseason.

GO OILERS!
    wow did u guys watch the game yesterday? the oilers putting 8 behind a pretty decent yotes team was insane. the nucks played them 2x last wk, and we only got 3 goals in both games COMBINE! i didnt know the oilers r so good offensively. gagner was a given, but cogliano being so good so fast was surprising (he shoulda kept his stick, mite need it the next time oilers go into OT, haha). and many thot nilsson was a bust, now he looks rather decent. glencross, where did he come from? dat mite be the best trade lowe made in a long time. brodziak is not bad too. the oilers still need better D and G, but the foundation for F is great.