Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: State of Divinity 《笑傲江湖》

I'm also waiting for this series to come out in VCD. I really don't know why TVB did not release this version of SOD. They have released LOCH94 and ROCH95. Why not SOD96? This series was very well-received when it was first aired in HK. Has Jackie Lui offended TVB in some way?

yeah, the only 90s jy adaptation they had not released are sod96, crimson sabre 99, and flying fox 98. i also wonder.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I like Jackie Liu’s SOD version a lot though some plots diverged from the novel I've read. I love the soundtracks...so beautiful, especially instrumental song!!! I watch it from time to time and still like it.

how come you get to watch it?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I really love the novel Smiling Proud Wanderer, and the two main characters LingWu Chong and Yam Ying Ying. I think this 1996 adaptation is close to perfect. Jackie Liu is just LingWu Chong and I have always imagined Yam Ying Ying looks like Fiona Leung when reading the novel, even before knowing she was casted as so in 1996. TVB also found the perfect cast for Yi Lam. She is just so Yi Lam I read in the novel.

The only disappointment is LingShan and lam PingZhi, because I loathe them when I read the novel and I don't hate them as much when I watch the TV version.

I think the SPW could have been done better using real classical instrument rather than piano imitation. I would also have preferred the themesong to have a more classic feel rather than blasting hard rock feel.

Costume can be done better. I love the fast and twirling moves of the swords, much better than the recent pure animation. However, the less computer graphic can be seen, the better. And here, sometimes the computer graphic is overdone with colour, making it less realistic.

they didn't mention in the show. But in the book, it says that she helped them by giving them the antidotes to the poison given by the "Invincible East". But the people she helped are not to spread the words......they all promised not to say anything.

Fiona Leung might not be the prettiest, but I think she and jackie liu had great chemistry. Their parts together were the best. I would love it if they had more parts of them together............too bad

Someone helped me to get the whole set of SOD 96 version in VHS for me so I can watch it anytime.

I agree with Akazukin that Jackie Liu is just Linghu Chong because I could see all characteristics of Linghu Chong from Jin Yong’s novel in Jackie Liu. I like Fiona Leung as Ying Ying. I feel that she & Jackie Liu had a great chemistry.

The other casts were also great in my opinion especially Dongfang Bu Bi, Yue Buqun & Mrs Yue. Costume is OK to me but a big disappointment for me was the scenery. They looked unrealistic. Other minor disappointment was the long conversations/discussion between Linghu Chong and 2 Shaolin Great Masters at Hengshan Sword School. It would be more enjoyable if TVB showed appropriate flashback about the history of Shaolin’s secret swordmanship & how Lin Zhennan’s father got/stole it away. If I didn’t read the novel (translated) prior I watched it, I would be definitely lost.

I like the soundtracks because the melody was catchy but yeah it would be better if TVB used real classical instruments.

It would be more enjoyable if TVB showed appropriate flashback about the history of Shaolin’s secret swordmanship & how Lin Zhennan’s father got/stole it away. If I didn’t read the novel (translated) prior I watched it, I would be definitely lost.
    They did show flashbacks on how it was stolen and how Lin Zhen Nan got it and used it to become famous. Those scenes were probably cut out of the series , TVB likes to do that....
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    They did show flashbacks on how it was stolen and how Lin Zhen Nan got it and used it to become famous. Those scenes were probably cut out of the series , TVB likes to do that....
    Yes they showed some flashback scenes but quite a few comparing to length of entire retold scene. For a martial arts series, I think their conversations/discussion plot took quite long even though TVB followed close enough to Jin Yong’s novel in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by pepper
    Fiona Leung might not be the prettiest, but I think she and jackie liu had great chemistry. Their parts together were the best. I would love it if they had more parts of them together............too bad
    I agree. I thought they were good together, and enjoyed their scenes.
    玉木宏

blog

Default Where to buy the State of Divinity 1996?

I've found out that I am in love with the TVB's 1996 version of State of Divinity/Xiao Ao Jiang Hu starring Jacky Liu. Unfortunately, I only have half of the episodes and I need to get the rest of the episodes too. I've been googling "state of divinity" to no useful result... Can anyone here who knows where to buy old TVB serials point me to somewhere so that I can buy the Chinese version of this serial? I already searched yesasia.

Thanks
    http://paleng.blog.com
    http://omnilude.sitesled.com
    http://www.the2d.com/content/view/107/54/

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan.

Actually it's not that good. The CCTV Li Ya Ping/Xu Ging is better. The pair had better chemistry plus it is still one of ZJZ best production despite it being his first major effort.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrantashen
    I've found out that I am in love with the TVB's 1996 version of State of Divinity/Xiao Ao Jiang Hu starring Jacky Liu. Unfortunately, I only have half of the episodes and I need to get the rest of the episodes too. I've been googling "state of divinity" to no useful result... Can anyone here who knows where to buy old TVB serials point me to somewhere so that I can buy the Chinese version of this serial? I already searched yesasia.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Actually it's not that good. The CCTV Li Ya Ping/Xu Ging is better. The pair had better chemistry plus it is still one of ZJZ best production despite it being his first major effort.
    HAH! I beg to differ! I watched the CCTV version and Li Ya Ping is out of character in the inn confrontation in how he found out who Xu Ging is. Tian Boguang was pathetic compared to the one in TVB. As much as I love the music and scenery and the fact that it had more extras to play students in the five sword schools, it still fails to impress me.

TVB's 1996 still reigns as my all-time-favorite and nearly faithful to the novel adaptation.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Bah!! You and I will forever be mortal enemies!!

HAH! I beg to differ! I watched the CCTV version and Li Ya Ping is out of character in the inn confrontation in how he found out who Xu Ging is. Tian Boguang was pathetic compared to the one in TVB. As much as I love the music and scenery and the fact that it had more extras to play students in the five sword schools, it still fails to impress me.

TVB's 1996 still reigns as my all-time-favorite and nearly faithful to the novel adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Bah!! You and I will forever be mortal enemies!!
    Invitation to a Duel

Ha-Ha-ha! I, Suet Seung, challenage you to a sword duel on 16th of the sixth month at the 12th hour. BYOS (Bring your own sword)!

Jacky Lui is so much better as Ling Hu Chong than Li Ya Peng can ever hope to be.
    http://paleng.blog.com
    http://omnilude.sitesled.com
    http://www.the2d.com/content/view/107/54/

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan.

I bling HXM's big big sword from ROCH06 and hack hack you to little bits. PTUUI!!!

Invitation to a Duel

Ha-Ha-ha! I, Suet Seung, challenage you to a sword duel on 16th of the sixth month at the 12th hour. BYOS (Bring your own sword)!

I've been waiting for ages to get this series too. I love the background music they used in here. Jacky is indeed the best Ling Wu Chong and Leung Pei Ling was the best Ren Ying Ying. However Jamie Chik was the best Xiao Shi Mei.