Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: State of Divinity 《笑傲江湖》

I've spend a better part of a day trying to google for this in both English and Chinese, but to no avail. Seems like no one carries it anymore. I've found every single other version for sale at one or another website, from the 1984 Zhou Rwen Fa to the 2001 China edition, but not the 1996 version, which according to websites is the "widely recognized as the best adaptation by fans" .
    This sucks, when I go back to China I'll have to look around for a copy then.

BTW, Jacky and Fiona have great chemistry.
    http://paleng.blog.com
    http://omnilude.sitesled.com
    http://www.the2d.com/content/view/107/54/

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan.

...And I was busting my *** searching for a VCD of this series to buy online but to no success. In the end wondering why nobody carries this edition. Turns out TVB hasn't released this...

I think this is the best adaptation of the best of Jin Yong's novels, which definitely deserves a all-out fancy DVD/VCD release. Everybody seems to be only caring for the Condor series or the Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber, but IMO Xiao Ao Jiang Hu is Jin Yong's masterpiece and has a fitting TV adapation to go with it.

I have read all of Jin Yong's major novels such as the Condor series, eagle series, Heaven sword, tian lun babu series as well as his shorter stories. And I believe Xiao Ao Jiang Hu captured my heart and imagination the most.
    I can't believe it's not even released. That's why I can only find a extremely bad quality, with parts missing version, probably some one recorded onto from their old VHS. What is wrong w/ TVB now?

I think the actors are all well chosen for this series, especially Ling Hu Chong, Ren Ying Ying, Ren Wo Xing, Lin Hu's master, and DFBB. The part where they first meet DFBB in the back residencial areas of the Ha Mu Ai is really done interestingly enough. Jacky and Fiona are both great and got good chemistry. I just wish there was more screentime for Ying Ying and less for Ling Shan, Ping Zhi, and that little nun that likes Ling hu chong.

Oh well, seems the best adaptation of Jin Yong's best novel is gonna be forever condemned to the dusty old VHS's and remain unknown to alot of people because they can't get their hands on it. Is it fate?
    http://paleng.blog.com
    http://omnilude.sitesled.com
    http://www.the2d.com/content/view/107/54/

Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan.

Default Smiling Proud Wanderer/State of Divinity 1996 < Where can i get it?

Hi guys,

I am a big fan of this series ages ago when i was young and i want to watch it again.

Smiling Proud Wanderer or State of Divinity TVB 1996 version with Jackie Liu and Fiona Leung Pui Ling.

http://www.spcnet.tv/tvb_sod.shtml

Can anyone direct me on where i can get hold of this series?

I don't care if its video, vcd or dvd.

I am willing to pay for it, but i can't find any on ebay or yesasia.

Or is there any sites i can download it through torrents.

Thanks
    Konholyoh
    Last edited by konholyoh; 07-27-06 at 10:20 PM.

he's the best "Ling Wu Chong"

Jackie Lui is the best

Quote Originally Posted by Luthien Tinuviel™
    he's the best "Ling Wu Chong"

Jackie Lui is the best

i watch this one before, it's good, it's got ho tien man in there too... good series, too bad the quality that i watched is shit, i need the vcd or dvd version ... maybe someone can upload in d addict n we all can download it

Quote Originally Posted by PinePine
    Jackie Lui's State of Divinity has to be the most underrated TVB series ever. It's seriously like the MOST awesome adaptation of XAJH ever, and yet not many people seemed to have watched it
    Maybe because TVB seems to have something against this series (or maybe the actor in it). TVB release VCDs of all their JY novels adaptations except State Of Divinity 96. I've waiting for it to come out for ages already. Even the Chow Yun Fat version is easier to obtained than this version.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

anybody know the song that is sung when ren ren dies on the bed and comes back to life near the end?

How anyone can even compare Li ya Peng to Jackie Lui is beyond my comprehension. LYP just looks so ugly and totally ruined my image of LWC when I watched the series. Now I can't even read the book without his face popping up.
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by lilskar
    anybody know the song that is sung when ren ren dies on the bed and comes back to life near the end?

It's a song by Sandy Lam, I forgotten the title though.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I also love this version of SOD, I think Fiona Leung made a great RYY. And yeah, the cap looks stupid, Jackie looked much better when he got rid of the cap.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Default Where can I buy State of Divinity 1996?

I really liked the TVB TV Series State of Divinity made in 1996. I was wondering where I can buy this. My dad also really liked the show. I couldn't find a single place to buy it. I'm in the USA. If there are many stores that sell this TV series, I would like to know which place has the best price.

Please help.

I've seen a DVD Viet dubbed version on sale on Ebay. Try Ebay.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

any place other than ebay? I'm not a big fan of ebay.

The Chinese version hasn't been released on DVD yet. I don't know any other place if you want the Vietnamese DVD version.

If you can't find it anywhere else, ebay is still there. Just ask yourself how much you like this series?

any idea if they plan to come out with a DVD version?

I really like this version of state of divinity. I thought Jackie Lui and Fiona Leung is excellent as Linghu Chong and Ren Ying Ying. I really hope that TVB could release this serie. As i am from Singapore and ScorpioEast is the sole distributer of TVB serie, i have emailed them a few times about the releasing of this serie but no replies till now.
    I really hope to get the VCD/DVD version as now i only have the unclear and cutted version...

Hope that TVB and ScorpioEast could produce this serie on VCDs and DVDs...
    * CHARMAINE SHEH 佘詩曼 * KENNETH MA 馬國明 * TAVIA YEUNG 楊怡 * TIFFANY TANG 唐嫣 * HU GE 胡歌 * YUAN SHAN SHAN 袁姍姍 * ROY CHIU 邱澤 * FALA CHAN 陳法拉 * MYOLIE WU 胡杏兒 * LINDA CHUNG 鍾嘉欣 * SUNNY CHAN 陳錦鴻 *

Jackie's version of State of Divinity was the best performanced out of the other, i enjoy his version the most. He did an excellent job as Lin Hong Chong!
    shu Oguri Rox!!! LUV LUV Nakayama Yuma>>

wow cant believe people havent seen this version? yeah i think this is the best version like the old school version with chow yun fat was too boring but the fightin scenes were nicely done no stunt man but pure action with the actors. just wished this version they would ve made dong fan bu bai fall in love with ling wu chong like in THe Legendary Swordsman with Steven ma and Fann Wong. well anyway i love all of these remake except the china version with li ya peng..didnt like the actors/actress. never finished watching that version. well if you love explosions watch The Legendary Swordsman by Singapore theres alot of explosions in there and they made it like Jet Li's movie The Swordsmen in which he falls in love with dong fan bu bai...well kinda weird but the girl who played he looks hot.

I watched this when I was really young and I still remember how much I loved it!

Now I'm rewatching clips from the series on youtube (coz I can't find my tapes anymore ) and is totally in love with Jacky Lui's portrayal of Linghu Chong all over again.

Not sure if anyone's interested, but I finally found the instrumental duet theme song (with the flute and the "kam") on Baidu: Download Link (Not sure who to credit...) It's been on "replay" for the past few hours... so in love with the series and the song ^_^
    . . . the rayolie hideout >>>

人在江湖, 身不由己。天下英雄, 到底有誰能夠 ── 笑傲江湖?