Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: State of Divinity 《笑傲江湖》

Lightbulb

You can email tvb to request : [email protected]

once they receive enough requests, they'll release State of Divinity on VCD and DVD. Just tell them how much you like the show

I am currently watching this (viet dubbed) and it's sooo good. I really enjoy Jackie's acting and his chemistry w/ Fiona is quite good ( I enjoy the scenes they are together).
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    I am currently watching this (viet dubbed) and it's sooo good. I really enjoy Jackie's acting and his chemistry w/ Fiona is quite good ( I enjoy the scenes they are together).
    Yeah, I like Jacky's acting as LHC and watching this series just gets better everytime. I've rewatched this so many times, though probably not too many times in a year but I do find myself rewatching it more than any of the other JY adaptations.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Yeah, I like Jacky's acting as LHC and watching this series just gets better everytime. I've rewatched this so many times, though probably not too many times in a year but I do find myself rewatching it more than any of the other JY adaptations.
    this is the better addaption compare to the taiwan and the chinese recent one. it's just more "real" to me. The chinese addaptions attempted to be "real" but it's like they're telling a fairy tale, for some reason they don't seems to capture that "realness" in the human characters, they try to do it with out door scenery but it don't seems to work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    this is the better addaption compare to the taiwan and the chinese recent one. it's just more "real" to me. The chinese addaptions attempted to be "real" but it's like they're telling a fairy tale, for some reason they don't seems to capture that "realness" in the human characters, they try to do it with out door scenery but it don't seems to work for me.
    Yeah, Granted that Mainland had more people to play the five sword school's students and Madame Yue in there seems much cooler, not that the TVB version was any less good. I like the Hengshan nuns here better, and face it, Li Ya Peng was never as great as Jacky Lui in portraying LHC, he never get mad at Ren Ying Ying and want to kill her like LYP did in that restaraunt scene--it was almost uncarefree -like.

I did like the chinese opera singing and music in the mainland version though. Still, my fave XAJH is still TVB's 1996.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

stayed up for 30 hours to finish this show. soooo good. I actually liked it beginning to end and actually watched it in chronological order which doesn't generally happen (I usu. get bored part ways w/ a series and jump to the end and if it's good, so back and finish the mid). This series renewed my love and respect for Jackie Lui (even though some of his crying scenes needed a bit more work). I tried watching the Chinese version of state of divinity prior to this and didn't like it b/c it doesn't seem to flow and seemed kinda confusing, unlike this version.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    wow cant believe people havent seen this version? yeah i think this is the best version like the old school version with chow yun fat was too boring but the fightin scenes were nicely done no stunt man but pure action with the actors. just wished this version they would ve made dong fan bu bai fall in love with ling wu chong like in THe Legendary Swordsman with Steven ma and Fann Wong. well anyway i love all of these remake except the china version with li ya peng..didnt like the actors/actress. never finished watching that version. well if you love explosions watch The Legendary Swordsman by Singapore theres alot of explosions in there and they made it like Jet Li's movie The Swordsmen in which he falls in love with dong fan bu bai...well kinda weird but the girl who played he looks hot.
    I'm very very glad this version didn't make Dong Fang Bu Bai falls in love with Linghu Chong. This adaptation, beside being a very good series of it's own, is also known as the most faithful adaptation of the novel. Making Dong Fang Bu Bai falls for Linghu Chong will deviate too much from the novel. Plus why should a novel adaptation follow the plot of another adaptation instead of following it's original source material?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

hi everyone! I just joined this forum last week. Very glad to find so many wuxia and XAJH/SOD fans here! XAJH is my all time favourite novel! And I think TVB's adaptation is the best! Other adaptations don't even come close cos I dunno why, somehow or other they like to change XAJH's storyline. I tried to watch all tv adaptations (except Spore's, whose Linghu Chong looked ridiculous). I tried watching a few of my favourite scenes first, eg the sit-down combat with Tian Boguang, fighting the 18 masked men, first meeting with Yingying, swordsfighting on Songshan, etc. If those are ok, then only will I continue watching the whole series from the start. Well, none get past my initial 'test' except TVB's. Chow Yun Fatt looked too fake as LHC, it's obvious he's pretending to be carefree. The same goes for Lee Yapeng. He even looked like he's faking cool. I don't know LHC is supposed to be cool. Eww... I like him better as Guo Jing. But he's a ridiculous LHC for me. I think they're trying too hard to be LHC. And don't even mention Richie Ren and the movie versions of XAJH. There're no trace of the novel XAJH except characters with same name in them. I heard quite a lot of people like Xu Guan Jie's LHC, but I see no trace of LHC in him too. I can't imagine LHC singing and playing guitar (or some guitar-like instrument, I don't remember) like he did.

That leaves Jackie Lui. I really, really love his portrayal of LHC. Some people in Jinyong Teahouse described him as "being possessed by LHC". He really looked like he came straight out from the novel, starting from his first appearance in the series, fighting playfully with his Shi Di (martial brother?) over a bottle of wine. There seems to be an underlying carefree attitude within him, which does not need to be shown on the surface all the time as other actors did. He looks depressed when he's supposed to be, especially over matters of the heart, which is LHC's Achilles's heel. He was LHC during all ranges of emotions: carefree, remorseful (when he was punished by his master), heartbroken (the way he looked at his little martial sister made his love for her all the more believable), depressed (when he was wrongly accused for stealing the swords manual, a friend of mine who didn't really like LHC in the novel, like him after this bcos she felt so sorry for him ), etc etc. And his chemistry with Yingying is just right.

Although the sceneries and sets are nothing compared to CCTV's, I don't mind it much bcos the story and actors' performances are so engrossing. I like their costume too bcos it's simple and realistic, unlike the lavish ones from CCTV, where even nuns wear something that looks like silk. But I agree the Huashan cap looks really ugly, although I've seen something similar in other period dramas.

Not all but some of the fighting scenes are done very nicely and looks realistic, eg LHC vs Fei Bin before the deaths of Liu Zhenfeng and Qu Yang, LHC vs Shiniang (master's wife) on Si Guo Ya (cliff where he was supposed to think and repent, dunno the translation). I hate special effects and wires in wuxia series/movies. These must be some of the rare fighting scenes not involving blasting lights and flying. Jackie Lui must have known some martial arts too, cos he fights very well in these scenes. Surprisingly, the Shiniang looks like a good martial artist too! I heard she acted in lots of wuxia films since her youth.

I really wish TVB will release this in VCD. I've been looking high and low for the Cantonese version. For those who're looking for Mandarin dubbed and subbed version, you can find it in dygod.com. The quality is quite good.

Sorry for so much blabbering, but I really love this version of SOD!
    Last edited by hyulan; 10-10-07 at 02:32 PM. Reason: mistake

Quote Originally Posted by hyulan View Post
    That leaves Jackie Lui. I really, really love his portrayal of LHC. Some people in Jinyong Teahouse described him as "being possessed by LHC". He really looked like he came straight out from the novel, starting from his first appearance in the series, fighting playfully with his Shi Di (martial brother?) over a bottle of wine. There seems to be an underlying carefree attitude within him, which does not need to be shown on the surface all the time as other actors did. He looks depressed when he's supposed to be, especially over matters of the heart, which is LHC's Achilles's heel. He was LHC during all ranges of emotions: carefree, remorseful (when he was punished by his master), heartbroken (the way he looked at his little martial sister made his love for her all the more believable), depressed (when he was wrongly accused for stealing the swords manual, a friend of mine who didn't really like LHC in the novel, like him after this bcos she felt so sorry for him ), etc etc. And his chemistry with Yingying is just right.
    This is the good result of the director choosing the cast according to suitability to characters instead of the popularity of the actors or for reason to promote said actors. The director chose Jackie Lui after he saw Jackie Lui's performance in Justice Bao and thought he's very suitable to play LHC.

I don't know whether the director of DGSD97 and SOD96 (two of the best 90's JY adaptation) was the same person or not. But, Terry Fan was chosen as Xu Zhu also because his look fits the novel description of Xu Zhu.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-10-07 at 09:48 PM.

hyulan, I completely agree with you. Your critique of the series is quite right.

I like all the cast in this series. Even the actor who played DongFang BuBai and the actor who played Tian BoGuang. The actor who played Tian BoGuang in the CCTV mainland version was just sneaky looking, the TVB96 version, the actor I don't know his name but he actually looks like a person who can wield a Quick Short Saber and beat LHC (in the beginnings of the series), the mainland actor just couldn't hold a light against the HK actor.

Do you notice how the mainland version had the HengShan nuns wearing lipgloss and mascara? Granted, YiLin was beautiful compared to Ho Mei Tian's skinny one. The mainland Yi Lin actually looks prettier than Yue LingShan.

I think I've said this before but--I can never get tired of watching this one. It's the reason why I keep these links to the youtube clips of some of my fave scenes in it in my signature (here at the forum).

How is Dong Fang Bu Bai's boyfriend in the Li Ya Peng's version? The SOD96 even got this right. The DFBB boyfriend is manly in SOD96 unlike the Taiwan one who is a sissy.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    How is Dong Fang Bu Bai's boyfriend in the Li Ya Peng's version? The SOD96 even got this right. The DFBB boyfriend is manly in SOD96 unlike the Taiwan one who is a sissy.
    I don't remember DFBB's BF in the mainland version, I was too dazzled by DFBB's needles and threads and makeup! Not to mention his flying needles and embroidery.

I'll have to search for a clip and capture the pic for you Kidd.

Another plus point. SOD96 has a great Xiao Ao Jian Hu instrumental music. I have that music as my ringtone. Haven't change it for nearly 2 years.

Do you know that Jackie Lui actually know how to play the guzheng in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Do you know that Jackie Lui actually know how to play the guzheng in real life?
    Are you serious? No wonder during the scenes where he's playing the guzheng, it actually looked "right" with the music... unlike other series where the actors pretend and it's so obviously fake
    . . . the rayolie hideout >>>

人在江湖, 身不由己。天下英雄, 到底有誰能夠 ── 笑傲江湖?

Totally serious. Here's an interview of him.

http://big5.xinhuanet.com/gate/big5/...nt_6566860.htm

專訪TVB當家藝人呂頌賢:結婚生子與我無關圖

呂頌賢,香港TVB版《笑傲江湖》中的大俠令狐衝。他說,演令狐衝其實是在演自己
    他不想結婚生子,因為他覺得自己不是一個負責任的男人
    他 是《笑傲江湖》中的大俠令狐衝,他說他其實是在演自己
    他 不想結婚生子,因為他覺得自己不是一個負責任的男人

呂頌賢,香港TVB版《笑傲江湖》中的大俠令狐衝。內地觀眾對他的印象,除了這位令狐衝大俠外,還有《槍火 》中有些狠的小弟。內地觀眾對呂頌賢飾演的不少角色都很熟悉,但對於他這個人卻了解不多。近年來,呂頌賢已 經把大部分的工作重心從香港轉移到內地。但對於這個40歲的男人來說,玩似乎更重要。對這個率性而真實的演 員進行電話採訪,真是一個非常愉快的過程。

只想做令狐衝:我就是在演自己

呂頌賢的藝人之路和大多數早期香港藝人一樣,畢業于藝人培訓學校,隨後走入娛樂圈。現在的娛樂圈,後起之秀 風起雲湧,和當紅的藝人來比較,呂頌賢的確顯得有些過氣了。在電話採訪過程中,呂頌賢一再向記者強調,他覺 得現在的生活已經非常開心了。他認為出道以來,自己的演藝之路一直很順利,不需要競爭,所以心態很好,無事 時還會在家彈彈古箏,像極了多年前他在《笑傲江湖》中扮演的令狐衝,“我不是在演令狐衝,我根本就是在演自 己,當我得知我能夠演令狐衝的時候,我激動得好多天沒有睡著覺。在金庸先生所有的作品裏,我最喜歡的就是這 一部,最喜歡的也是這個人物。所以在拍完戲很久,我還一直陷在這個角色中無法自拔。”

對於演員來說,也許最大的夢想是自己演出的作品受到尊重,自己的演技得到認可。而拿獎,則是對一個演員最直 接的鼓勵和認可。對於現狀,呂頌賢透露出一種落寞。呂頌賢在電話中毫不掩飾自己當年對影帝的渴望。“我做演 員,是因為喜歡這一行。我想沒有人不希望能夠當影帝的。但娛樂圈非常需要機會。”呂頌賢拍攝《笑傲江湖》和 《槍火》時,是他事業的巔峰期,但他卻沒能讓這個巔峰持續下去。“其實杜琪峰導演拍攝《放逐》的時候曾經找 過我,但是我那時候沒有檔期。香港的娛樂圈是分圈子的,如果你不在那個圈子裏,是很難得到機會的。我已經不 去想那麼多,順其自然吧。”

曾是叛逆少年:一步走錯,可能一生都完了

讓記者意外的是,現在十分淡定的呂頌賢,也曾有過一段非常叛逆的少年時光。“我十幾歲的時候,非常愛打架惹 事。那時我的家人對我非常的頭疼,都覺得我沒有希望了。沒想到我還能演戲,過著正常人的生活。現在想起來都 有些後怕,一步走錯,可能一生都完了。”

“現在常常有一些公益活動找我,我都很樂意去做,我希望能夠給青少年做榜樣,讓他們不要走彎路,不要長大以 後才後悔。”呂頌賢現在是一個非常虔誠的佛教徒,一直在吃素。“我這樣說很多人都不會相信,覺得我身材健壯 、肌肉結實,怎麼可能是一個吃了十多年素食的人呢?有沒有肌肉和吃什麼沒關係,主要靠運動,誰說吃素就不可 以健壯?大象、牛都是吃素的,不都很壯嗎?”

不會結婚生子:我不是一個負責任的男人

在香港媒體的描述中,呂頌賢被塑造成了一個花心的男人。對於自己的感情世界以及各種緋聞,這個淡定的男人說 還是要為自己澄清一下,“我早就不管別人怎麼說了,我有一個交往十多年的正式女友,她是圈外人。在一起這麼 久,雖然也吵架,但是還沒有想過分開。很多人問我,為什麼在一起這麼多年還沒有結婚,我覺得結婚和生小孩是 需要很大勇氣的事情,需要很多的責任。我覺得我無法做一個完美的丈夫和父親,所以我不會結婚生小孩。我有這 樣的想法,可能是受到父母的影響。他們的關係不好,從小對我的照顧也很少,我也體會過許多別的孩子體會不到 的事情。應該說,我不是一個負責任的男人。”

運動狂人:最想參加奧運會

呂頌賢喜歡運動的程度,用“瘋狂”形容絕不誇張。他潛水在圈中是出了名的,十多年前他就考了潛水教練的執照 ,提到這個項目,呂頌賢語氣明顯很激動。“潛水我是太厲害了!我很喜歡投身於水中,潛水的感覺確實太妙了。 現在潛水已經成為我的第二職業,我籌備了一個水下探索總會,自任主席,經常組建探索隊去搜尋水下沉船、水底 迷城什麼的。我的徒弟還有游泳世界冠軍樂靜宜。她推薦我參加2008年奧運會賽艇舵手的評選,我要從70公 斤減到60公斤才可以,希望能被選上,如果能參加奧運會,那我就一點遺憾都沒有了。”(記者  劉哲)

Quote Originally Posted by shanghai girls are hot View Post
    i dont remember 96 version
    but i like the old version even if chow yun fat's acting suck like ppl say
    i like the 80s actors, they seem more pretty and handsome.. like jamie chik WOW

the other actors and actress are good to, the costume is nice also. i guess i'm not judging it acting wise but i like the music (theme songs), the costumes, and actors better in the 80s version.
    I agreed, I like the 80 version better, not due to the look of the actor, but their chemistry, storyline, costumes, and best of all the themes song. The music is very good. All the remake doesn't have a good theme and music like the 80 version
    ''It is not so important to know everything as to appreciate what we learn.''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKPrJ97P2nE
    ^ State of Divinity meets Justice Pao, LOL, celebrating one of TVB's Past Anniversaries...

Love both series so much. ^_^
    . . . the rayolie hideout >>>

人在江湖, 身不由己。天下英雄, 到底有誰能夠 ── 笑傲江湖?

Just want to bump this thread up since I was talking about Fiona Leung in the other thread, hehe!!

Did anyone know that Fiona Leung was 31 when she did this series? She was born in 1965, was famous back then in the 80's TVB series. In 1996 she did this series with Jackie Lui, which make her 31 year olds. It just Wow, she so Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my God, I think kidd is right. Jackie Lui does KNOW how to play the instrument in real life, because I just ran across this clip in YouTube and if you watch carefully his fingers movements, it actually matches with the music. And like a poster above said, some actors fake play it and it doesn't look right.

But Jackie Lui hands movements are really soft and flexible. Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwD2t0FpaM4

Yeap, lots of actors just fake play and it's really obvious. One of the worst fake playing I've seen is in 'Zu Mountain Saga'. Not only does the playing not match the music, but the actress played the wrong way.
    Last edited by kidd; 03-04-08 at 04:37 AM.

And BTW, what up with TVB not release this series in VCD?
    I own Return of Condor Heroes 95 VCD with Carman Lee and Louis.
    Also own the Condor Heroes 94 with Julian and Athena Chu and own DGSD 96 of Felix Wong VCD.
    But what up with this one? Do TVB just don't like this series that they made? Or do they just completely forget about it.