Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: My Name is Kim Sam Soon

Started to watch this series and so far it is really good. WIll definitely want to see this till the end.

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

I finished watching this series last night , but now I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms.....no more MNIKSS until the DVD come out !

Hopefully, "Princess Lu Lu" will as good as My Name Is Kim Sam Soon !
    Cheers!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    I finished watching this series last night , but now I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms.....no more MNIKSS until the DVD come out !

Hopefully, "Princess Lu Lu" will as good as My Name Is Kim Sam Soon !
    Oh Fallen Angel, I have just finished it last nite too!!! ha ha ha Episode 16 was such a gem too! I love the way she gave this smitten look when the uncle ask Sam Soon what she likes about JH...."EVERYTHING..... "! And the bed scene was just too hilarious! YES EVERYONE, there were hot hot encounters even up till the end! ha ha ha ha......And isn't HJ a lucky girl....first she had JH then she had Henry! OMG what else can a girl ask for! Oh and that poem at the bus stop! Doesn't it just sums up Sam Soon totally! Oh man, there are just too much good stuff in this kdrama.

You know....I am doubtful KJE can beat KSA. MNIKSS is just uncomparable! KJE is just too OTT in her acting.

==edited==
    Last edited by il_mare; 07-26-05 at 10:57 PM.

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by il_mare
    Oh Fallen Angel, I have just finished it last nite too!!! ha ha ha Episode 16 was such a gem too! I love the way she gave this smitten look when the uncle ask Sam Soon what she likes about JH...."EVERYTHING..... "! And the bed scene was just too hilarious! YES EVERYONE, there were hot hot encounters even up till the end! ha ha ha ha......And isn't HJ a lucky girl....first she had JH then she had Henry! OMG what else can a girl ask for! Oh and that poem at the bus stop! Doesn't it just sums up Sam Soon totally! Oh man, there are just too much good stuff in this kdrama.

You know....I am doubtful KJE can beat KSA. MNIKSS is just uncomparable! KJE is just too OTT in her acting.
    Yeah, the bed scene was sooo hilarious ! It was so funny the way she kept pushing/kicking him away when he try to make the move on her. The drug store's scene was sooooo cute ! This is the first time I've seen couple getting nosebleed just from having hot and steamy sex !

Il_mare, MNIKSS is a classic and I don't PLL can top it, but I'm going to watch it anyway because I haven't seen Jung Jun Ho in a drama before and he happen to be one of my favourite actor . I think he and KJE will make a perfect couple in this series.....hopefully KJE just won't over do it in this series.
    Cheers!!!!!!

im in california, so my tv station just started showing it two weeks ago. just finished ep. 4 but i love it! i think i have mnikss-itis-- gosh-- hyun bin is soo HOT!

i just finished watching it last monday and i enjoyed myself throughout it. kim sam soon's character is a person many can relate to and ksa did a great job here.

thanks ilmare for the writeup on momo. i have completely forgotten about the story until i read your article. it brings back some vague memories of me reading it in my early teenage years.the men in grey did the job. i had definitely read the neverending story though.

sometimes after a really neat show, it's hard to think that it can be surpassed. but we shall wait and see...

Talking I love "My lovely Sam Soon"

Ive been watching this drama for a while and its really funny. I think that Kim sam soon is really beautiful and a really good actress. She is really funny how she acts around kim sun ah. Its really Funny
    Last edited by Gilgamesh 08; 08-11-05 at 09:53 AM.

The OST for the show is worth listening to also. My favorite is Inside my heart. Really good song. Everything about this show is good. Truly memorable and worth the time to watch. Hopelessly addicted to it.

Default hyun bin

watched the series!

loved it!

like hyun bin! hehe...

started watching this last night, and needless to say i was rolling with laughter and i just watched episodes 1 - 4!

can't wait to watch the succeeding episodes... but might continue watching it friday night instead so i can finish everything in one sitting!

no boring moments so far.

Just finished watching it last night and i love this series...no boring moments at all.

I especially love episode 14...the 7 wishes, the train, the 1st wish...

Hyun Bin looks like a softer Kwon Sang Woo coz the latter have a more strong jawline and buff body

I'm over halfway through this series and although a bit overhyped, it's still good. There's alot of physical violence, but it's all taken so lightly. One of my favorite scenes has got to be the one where Jin-heon and Sam Soon are in the bathroom in stalls right next to one another. I was LMAO when Sam Soon started talking about her constipation and passing of piles to Jin-heon and he has this shocked expression on his face. I actually felt embarrassed for Sam Soon, but she didn't even really care, haha. And then of course the lack of toilet paper...I'm pretty curious as to what blood type Jin-heon has too.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

There's a nice explanation to how he got out of that bathroom stall with no toilet paper in sight... but it will take sometime before it is revealed...

There is a lot of violence... Sam shik is beaten by his mother and by Sam soon, Sam soon is beaten by her mother and hit a lot by her unnie. But Sam shik himself is quick with his fists. Notice how he always gets into fistfights with Sam soon's ex bf? Most of the time he starts it...

mms://contentmedia.imbc.com/contentmedia/drama/samsoon/samsoon_en.wmv

Enjoy!

I previously posted this on another thread, but I figured that it's more suitable in this thread....

I just finished watching My Name is Kim Sam Soon. Well, can't really say that I like this series.... Because I don't understand the freakin' english translation.
    OMG the english subtitles is horrible! It's like asking somebody who don't understand english whatsoever and translate it out of dictionary.... makes no freakin' sense. So I'm going to wait until my mom send me the vcd version with indonesian translation (my native language), and rewatch it. And why are the characters so violent anyway? People are beating each other up and everything? Is it supposed to be funny?
    My next in line is supposed to be Save the Last Dance, but I think I need to take a little break from korean series.

just wondering.. did sam soon lose weight near the end? I think I saw glimpse of her and she seem to have lost some weight.

Quote Originally Posted by marla
    And why are the characters so violent anyway? People are beating each other up and everything? Is it supposed to be funny?
    I didn't find the violence funny either, but I guess it was supposed to at least be lighthearted given the background music they played whenever someone was getting beat up.

Quote Originally Posted by sukiyakieangie
    just wondering.. did sam soon lose weight near the end? I think I saw glimpse of her and she seem to have lost some weight.
    Jin Heon asked her how much weight she'd lost after he returned from his trip to America, but she said she didn't lose any.

I've just finished this series. I found it to be a rather quick and erratic turn of events how Jin Heon went from seemingly being in love with Hee Jin again to pretty much alienating her and being haunted by Sam Soon's presence when she wasn't around and then admitting his love for her. It kind of annoyed me when he was hypocritical and telling Sam Soon not to two-time him when he was doing the same thing. Overall, MNIKSS was good, but there were some draggy parts. I liked the ending, though...sweet, but also realistically open and uplifting.

A few random thoughts and rhetorical questions:

Henry and Hee Jin looked like brother and sister.
    Jin Heon's mom looks like an Asian version of my biochem teacher from last semester.
    Secretary Yoon was such a blah presence throughout the series. She seemed like a lesbian to me.
    Will the piggy eventually work its magic on Sam Soon's sister and Manager Lee so they'll end up together? Did Sam Soon's family take back the dog cleverly named '50 Million Won'? I hope so on both accounts.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by sukiyakieangie

She did lose some weight if you compare her appearance from the beginning
    of the drama.

You can tell from the face.