Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: My Name is Kim Sam Soon

[B]i havn't watch it yet but i saw the guy and for me he is so handsome!!![B/]
    JEWEL IN THE PALACE is so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi everyone!
    I've just started doing this series since i've read and heard so much about it! hehe i really like it!!! i've only just saw 2 eps but i already like it, it's soo good and funni and the acting is really good too!!! however, i must say kim sam soon is a bit chubby for an actor hhaha but it definately suits her character hehe!
    Bye!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flower43
    however, i must say kim sam soon is a bit chubby for an actor hhaha but it definately suits her character hehe!
    Well, the role of Kim Sam-soon required the actress portraying her (Kim Sun-ah) to gain weight for the role ala that of Renee Zellweger for her role as Bridget Jones; prior to that I believe Kim Sun-ah was slim

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    I'm about 3/4 way now ... the subplot about Sam Soon's older sister and the chef was rather unnecessary and uninteresting in my opinion.
    I thought the subplot about her sister and the chef was okay, they had some funny scenes. What really bugged me though was that there was no closure for their relationship at the end. I wonder if they ended up together or not.

I agree He's more boyish than handsome...a tad skinny but somehow more appealing than Daniel Henney as the show goes along.
    I agree with you guys about the lead. He's not handsome but his looks does grow on you. There's a bit of cuteness about him, especially when he smiles and those dimples appear.

I've actually finished this series a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. There were some very funny moments. The bathroom scene with the blood type was hilarious.
    Last edited by botan; 02-07-06 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by botan
    I agree with you guys about the lead. He's not handsome but his looks does grow on you. There's a bit of cuteness about him, especially when he smiles and those dimples appear.

I've actually finished this series a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. There were some very funny moments. The bathroom scene with the blood type was hilarious.
    Yes those dimples makes every close up side profile shot of him the best thing of every episode haha.

I just wondered whether Sam Shik would have been compelled to make his move and admit his true feelings for Sam Soon if the ex-boyfriend hadn't been there with Sam Soon at the hotel bar and pushed things too far. But thank goodness it happened because I'd have tired of his flaring into jealousy one second and then flatly denying his emotions the next second if it continued much longer.

The acting here seems so much better than Full House which came across as rather exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_jamz
    Well, the role of Kim Sam-soon required the actress portraying her (Kim Sun-ah) to gain weight for the role ala that of Renee Zellweger for her role as Bridget Jones; prior to that I believe Kim Sun-ah was slim
    yah, i believe too that kim sun-ah was slim before they planned about that drama....

Yes those dimples makes every close up side profile shot of him the best thing of every episode haha.

I just wondered whether Sam Shik would have been compelled to make his move and admit his true feelings for Sam Soon if the ex-boyfriend hadn't been there with Sam Soon at the hotel bar and pushed things too far. But thank goodness it happened because I'd have tired of his flaring into jealousy one second and then flatly denying his emotions the next second if it continued much longer.

The acting here seems so much better than Full House which came across as rather exaggerated.
    I am not sure about you gals but really gorgeous guys sometimes the appeal does not last long..some guys on the other hand the more you see them, the better they look. what we termed as 'nai kan'. so if we have a great-looking guy that's also nai kan, that's quite a feat Maybe, takashi and Huang Xiao Ming are what I think could be this category.

Talking what the rating

out of 10 what the rating do you give to my name is kim sam soon

Quote Originally Posted by wraithring
    out of 10 what the rating do you give to my name is kim sam soon
    ummm...i dont know yet

Hello!!!
    I've just finished the series and i really like it! It's good cuz it's one of those few series that no ones dies and it has a happy and funny ending. But i was a bit upset that KSS and Hyun Bin didn't get married in the end. LOL i wanted them to get married and stuff hehe i think it would've made the perfect ending hehe. Btw does anyone have a pic of KSS before she gained weight? i wanted to have a look

Here is a picture of Kim Sun-ah before her weight gain for those of you who are interested

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a181/superrm/kimsunah.jpg')

OMG is that really her?!?! OMG!! She's really pretty LOL and i love her hair!!! OMG!!! She wasn't exactly ugly in MNIKSS but because KSS was so tomboyish and was supposed to be fat and ugly therefore she hardly had any make up on and the way she dressed wasn't that fashionable but OMG she looks so young and pretty in that pic LOL but regardless of she's pretty or not she did a wonderful is MNIKSS and i dun think anyone else could've did a better job.

she looks beautiful...

Yeah, see what a big sacrifice she made to play her Sam Soon to perfection?

undefined

well yah she sure is cute when she was slim huh.... when she was fat in doin the MNIKSS... she was still cute there!!! and she was so funny huh!!!

i am currently watching this series and am about to finish...this is a great series and is not like the typical love triangle and soppy love dramas...kim sam soon portrays a very real character in the society now... unlike other dramas where the actors/actresses are of perfect figure and behaviour...this makes the character more believable and closer to the audience as we can relate to her.... this show is fantastic and the chemistry between kim sam soon and zhengxian is great...

p.s. does anyone know how to download the eps and theme songs of KSS? thx

OMG i've always wanted to noe this does Hyun Bin actually noe how to play the piano? or was it fake and he was just pretending in MNIKSS? I really wanna noe cuz hehe he's my current obsession

wow........ i just can't imagine that is kim sam soon. is that really her b 4?

Quote Originally Posted by flower43
    OMG i've always wanted to noe this does Hyun Bin actually noe how to play the piano? or was it fake and he was just pretending in MNIKSS? I really wanna noe cuz hehe he's my current obsession
    Hi, flower43. I've watched a short clip of HB in one of Non Stop series where he appeared as a guest. In that series, he sang and played the piano. So, hope that answers your question.

LOL yup yup thank you! hehe i've also asked someone else from another forum and they told me that Hyun Bin does know how to play the piano ehhe thanks newayz