Thread: J-Drama - Taiyou no Uta (Yamada Takayuki & Sawajiri Erika)

Default J-Drama - Taiyou no Uta (Yamada Takayuki & Sawajiri Erika)

I'm not sure if this series is old or new. I just started watching Japanese dramas, and found this series somewhere. I'm watching ep.1 right now so can't really tell if it's good or not.
    So...yeah, comments please?
    you can read more about this series here:
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Taiyou_no_Uta
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images/c/cd/TaiyounoUtaYamadaTakayukiSawajiriErika.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.the-frox.com/series/Taiyou/2/2.jpg')

I've finished watching the drama last year Dec. I thought it's an okay show, few scenes quite touching but behind eps. dragged abit. Erika has matured, being more beautiful as from 1LOT, Takayuki's acting is alright.

I watched the drama version first then follow by the movie version, "Midnight Sun" by YUI & Takashi Tsukamoto. Personally, I prefer the movie version more... Plus YUI can sing & play guitar well!

wow...there was a movie about the same story? cool
    the first episode was funny to me, but not sure what will happen later on. i hope she will not die at the end of the series like in 1 litre of tears.

I like Yui's songs from the movie, but I reckon her acting is too stiff. Maybe less character development in the movie, as for the series, it's more complex, it centred not just on Kaoro, but also on Koji's life.

Each adaptation has favorable point and downside. I recommend to watch both of them .. he,he,he...
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Yeah you're right, drama version is little more draggy coz of the characters' development. Anyway, I think Erika should stick with acting instead singing, her vocal isn't that strong though pretty sweet voice (YUI, vice versa should stick with singing...).
    There's a sub song in the song called 'Wish', anyone has it? It's very nice I thought.

Just finished the drama version of this last night, it's not bad.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

This drama came out in Japan in 2006. I thought that the television version and the movie version were both good, but I prefer the television version. I like Sawajiri Erika's acting better than YUI's. YUI's voice is stronger than Erika's but I like the lyrics to Erika's Taiyou no Uta song better than YUI's "Good-bye Days".
    "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for."
    -Mahatma Gandhi

Ok at the beginning and then draggy. Funny that Ayumi's ? (the other female lead who was almost raped) was like a head taller than the male lead. (hugging scene)
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

I've watched both this and the movie and i prefer the series. Erika is a much better actress and i actually prefer her singing to Yui's. She made Kaoru a lot stronger and cooler as opposed to Yui's Kaoru who seemed very stiff and weak. Also preferred the songs in the series to the ones in the movie.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    I've watched both this and the movie and i prefer the series. Erika is a much better actress and i actually prefer her singing to Yui's. She made Kaoru a lot stronger and cooler as opposed to Yui's Kaoru who seemed very stiff and weak. Also preferred the songs in the series to the ones in the movie.

erika was too good to that series. the whole story not interesting. for me movie is better, even yui act stiff and weak, it suit with the character. she decided to continue living until she die. erika look so strong in that series but in the end she choose to sing rather than continue her live, how selfish... about the singing, of course yui is moreeeeee.......... better than erika plus she composed the song by herself. she so...cute and can play guitars very well.

I finished this series a few weeks ago and I thought it was OK. Not amazing but worth watching. I liked Erika in here too...she was sweet but headstrong and had a cool vibe to her. She wore more make up than she did in "1 Lit of Tears" and looked more mature. But with those beautiful facial features and long hair, she was very pretty. Compared to the Kaoru in the movie, her Kaoru was feistier and had a bit more edge. I thought the love story between her and Koji needed more fine tuning. I kept on wishing for more passion and romance...and that never happened. Jdramas seem to be really PG-13 these days and as an adult, I was kind of hoping for more love (not in a rated-R way) but just more romance in general. Never found it here. But the story was solid and cohesive, although not all that memorable. Still, a good effort for Erika. Too bad she's no longer acting. I think she was one of the best, most promising actresses in Japan before her "betsuni" scandal. Such a shame....