Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MANDY CHO

Default Mandy Cho

The media painted Miss HK 03 as if she's the most beauitfull girl to grace the planet. I don't follow MHK ,but when i saw her in the real estate promotinal film w/ Aaron Kwok, and thought she's so odd/unnatural too much makeup pancake face, and just don't what her fuss is about. Her acting skills is more wooden than wood. She has a long horse face, whinny,little chicken voice and can't put my finger on it, but she seems trying to be cute/innocent and it just ain't working. The press thinks she's pretty cuz look at the previous winners like the cheap Shirely Yeung, the "see lai" looking Tiffany Lam, compared to those, maybe she's a bit better than them. Mandy Cho NOT ALL THAT!

i'm not sure who mandy cho is... can you post some pics?
    thanks!

she reminds me of charmaine
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

http://xox.rxfnetwork.com

xoxoxox

This is the only picture I can find

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20040521/ent/0521enew10b1.jpg')

Credits to TVBspace News Roundup

I don't think she's pretty, looks a bit older than her actual age but never seen her act before so I don't have an opinion on her. I heard she will be in a series starring with Kevin Cheng. I wonder if she will be the leading actress. I don't think she has the leading actress look. By the way hanniballecter has described Mandy it sounds like she's another Charmaine. Seems like the MHKs are getting worse and worse each year.
    Last edited by botan; 05-28-04 at 02:29 PM.

Thumbs up

When it was 2003 I had a peek on the MHK03 page, I knew Mandy was gonna win from the photos cause she was rather photogenic(i think she's better than Selina Li) but when I heard her voice she put me right off and thought carrie Lee was better but I thought MHK03 was pretty biased to let Mandy win, her questions were pretty easy to answer.

Though she's won MHK I don't think her showbiz business will be successful due to her high pitched squeaky voice, I even watched her at MCI04 (I think im kinda a pageant fan) she didn't even answer her qs properly and was placed 2nd, the one from Kuala Lumpar is much better than Mandy and if TVB lets someone from MCI 04 it would either be the one from LA or Kuala Lumpar cause they both deserved to be in the top 3 not top 5 even though they don't speak cantonese they should learn as I see success for them both!!

Anyway, Good luck to Mandy even though I think she can't act or talk properly!!

Even Annie Man looks better than her so I dont think she's that pretty.

I don't thinks she's pretty, she was the only one in MHK03 who could look like the one who could wear the winner's crown, I think she's pretty compared to Selina Li but Mandy's voice is soooooooooooooooooooooo irritating. If she was compared to people like Victoria Jolly, Michele Reis, Marsha Yuen... I think Mandy would definitly be ugly
    Princess Charm

When I first heard that Mandy is into acting with TVB, the first thing in my mind is "Gosh...yet another Charmaine!". Don't be surprise if TVB will be promoting her "heavily" on all the upcoming new series. I believe her first series will pair with Kevin Cheng!! *arrrgghhh*
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

I have heard about her being paired with Kevin in an upcoming series. I don't think they look compatible. Yup, she reminds me of Charmaine but maybe we should give her a chance since this is her first major role. I hope she will not be heavily promoted though.

She does look abit like Charmaine..
    um...can't say much,coz I don't know anything about her....hope her actin' is good tho.

she's definitely NOT ugly, but not that pretty. she's a little above the average look but thats when we see her with makeup, which is everytime we see her in pictures. i don't know what she looks like without professional makeup. but overall, i would say she's about average looking.

She's not really pretty. I think Gigi Lai is prettier.

Mandy was the prettiest in MHK 03 though. [there weren't much who were pretty in MHK 03, hope they get a better person to win this year so tvb will have some prettier actresses
    Princess Charm

nah. maybe she is, but only with makeup on! hahaah

i dont think shes pretty, cant believe shes miss hk and promoted by tvb, i heard while filming a series she was all using english and stuff and say stuff neg stuff
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img140.exs.cx/img140/6023/bbgbanner28wf.jpg'), '')
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img140.exs.cx/img140/9719/ngbannerr5bc.gif'), '')

that doesn't matter she is the one and only can compete with bernice liu.
    Oh well she is pretty because have mixed blood girl that why she earned a Miss Hongkong 2003 why she won it cause she was a black horse in all rounder voted in the end she use her charm and talent she got and performed a great match in the last round

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA...... it looks like y'all agree with me too. When i first saw her...i was like HOLY SHIET....IT'S ANOTHER CHARMAINE.. WE ARE ALL GOING TO HELL.

Isnt it BAD enough that hongkong has one charmaine sheh and now another look alike?? DAM....thats like Double the Ugliness. ..*shrudder..* i wouldnt be surprise if LIKE CHARMAINE she cant act either.. and how dare she comes out and gets her first role with KEVIN CHENG???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why does TVB degrade themselves so much by promoting all these useless miss HK as actresses???????

I think Mandy isn't as pretty as Charmaine and I also think Charmaine can act really really good.
    WU ZUN ! <3

i think mandy's very pretty she kind of resmebles charmaine imo.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img76.exs.cx/img76/7613/37th203.jpg')
    her gallery : http://www.asianfanatics.net/gallery...bum=130&page=2
    Last edited by bebe_girl; 01-09-05 at 06:29 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/cupcakes228/mandy3.jpg')
    she looks a lot like char here.