Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Third edition changes

YD's finger can compare to Palms.

I don't think so much that it's more powerful with a pebble but that it can be transmitted furthered without the force dissipating. At point blank range, the force would be the same, pebble or not.
    Well, I definitely agree that the distance of the attack is greater if a pebble is used. However, I would think that even at close range the flick with a pebble would be more powerful than without. If you shoot targets with an air gun and a loaded gun that are identical in terms of power (trigger pull, velocity, recoil, etc) and only differ because one has been loaded with hard object in it, both weapons will do that job (i.e. break the target). However if you measure the impact of the two shots, I bet the loaded weapon registered more force upon impact because it has fired a solid object. I think it's the same idea with Flicking Fingers, the pebble flick is more powerful...

I'd say not quite. That's again at a distance.

It'd be more like a piston that's used to blast air out a tube itself. Sure, the air blast wouldn't be very powerful compared to a pellet being driven out. But if you take the piston itself (the finger) in direct contact, then the power shouldn't make a difference.

How about this. Try to blow yearself with a breath of win from your mouth. Thenn place a marble at the surface of your mouth, but grip it with your lips. Try to launch it with your breath, and see can you feel the difference.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

But you're not launching with air, you're launching with your finger. And what I'm saying is, pebble or not, if it's point blank direction connection between finger and palm, it doesn't matter a whit whether a pebble is there or not. Sure, if you're firing off distance shots, a pebble will be king, but not if it's point blank.

But if you take the piston itself (the finger) in direct contact, then the power shouldn't make a difference.
    Oh I see where we differ now. My understanding of Dan Ji Sun Tung is that it is used at a distance and there is rarely direct contact between the flick and the object/person you are attacking. DJST involves projecting energy out from the finger like Yat Yeung Ji. These finger techniques differ from palm strikes because they are actually designed to attack from a distance and do not require the contact. I'm sure you can make contact, but I've always seen DJST done with pebbles from a distance. Is there an instance where WYS actually hits someone point blank with DJST?

?
    But you're not launching with air, you're launching with your finger. And what I'm saying is, pebble or not, if it's point blank direction connection between finger and palm, it doesn't matter a whit whether a pebble is there or not. Sure, if you're firing off distance shots, a pebble will be king, but not if it's point blank.
    Do you mean with the finger in contact with the opponent
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

In this case, his finger contacted YG's palm force directly. So you treat YG's incoming force as the pebble.

guys, do you know where i could find other threads forums/sites that has translations, even excerpts from ROCH, preferrably chapter 22
    Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around

whats do u want to read about in chap 22 chom ji?

In cantones we call u chjok which is rice wit 2 much water

if im not mistaken that is the part when HR new born baby will be kidnapped by LMC.......and im also expecting a battle between Gold wheel monk and YG

im also looking 4ward 2 reading the part when XLN will be able to find out the truth about her being raped by Yhi Zhi Ping (nt sure of d name).............id love 2 see some serious vengeance attempts........kill Yhi Zhi Phing castrate him!!!!

U proboally cant read chinese can u? i have a link with the whole book if u can.

no i cant....absolutely not......no background or whatsoever....im just plainly obsessed with JY novels thats all......

a link of the booK???? wat do u mean? what language?

oh.....so its in chinese..........well...dats 2 bad...i guess ill just have 2 wait for the updates

i have a link with the whole book if u can
    ooo...where????

www.qiqi.com it has every JY novel i think sec edition.

Well, it won't help much if you can't read Chinese though.

its 4 philip

tkx for the link...just another qn...is that the latest edition or the previous one?

Very informative post. Just picked out a couple of quibbles i was not sure on:

6) Ke Zhen E... is he not based on a historical general? I mean how on earth can a famous general be born blind?

15) Did you mean Jing Zhou? As XiangYang is in part of Jing Zhou. Qing Zhou is in the north east, encompassing Shan Dong. Or perhaps the mongols had not penetrated to Jing Zhou till later.