Thread: My review is on another site!!!!!!

Default My review is on another site!!!!!!

I just found out that my review for Mystery of The Twin Swords has been put on another site: http://phimbovietnamonline.com/nntk.shtml

I only submitted to SPCNET and nowhere else. Not to mention, I was not asked for my approval to this. Is this right or wrong?

Apparently that site just took the review without any permission.. it's really annoying that so many of these DVD/VCD sites just plagiarize all the time--I notice that alot of foreign (non-US) sites don't understand the concept of asking for permission to reprint something. It's certainly not good for their reputation, especially when they need to build up a customer base to buy their products.

Feel free to send an email to them to take down the review, I just sent one. Also, point out any other reviews you see from our site elsewhere. We don't allow other sites to reprint unless the reviewer is aware of it too.
    -SC

I realized Serial Buster's review for Return of the Condor Heroes 95 is also on that site but the reviewer's name is Tan Y.E. and images from this site was taken too! Here's the link http://phimbovietnamonline.com/tdhl.shtml

Please go ahead and send them an email about your review(s) too Dagger Lee. The response I got back from them was so ridiculous: that this review is written by Dagger Lee (you), so they don't have to ask permission for it from spcnet.tv. Besides from our explicit Terms of Use that anything edited by our editors are exclusive to this site, that they didn't even feel a need to ask the reviewer then for permission is just darn ignorant and disrespectful.
    -SC

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet
    Please go ahead and send them an email about your review(s) too Dagger Lee. The response I got back from them was so ridiculous: that this review is written by Dagger Lee (you), so they don't have to ask permission for it from spcnet.tv. Besides from our explicit Terms of Use that anything edited by our editors are exclusive to this site, that they didn't even feel a need to ask the reviewer then for permission is just darn ignorant and disrespectful.
    You are very right SC. I just sent them a message to take off my review from their site. I find it rude that they didn't ask either you or me to put on that review. Hopefully, they'll take it off.

It's been 5 days and no response. My review is still on that site too.

i've seen ppl taking reviews f/ spcnet and repost to other forums and they don't give credit to the authors. I think if we move the reviews to the forum and allow only the members to view it, that's the only way we can prevent ppl f/ "stealing" reviews.

The problem is that we can ask em to remove it, but they won't listen cause i guess there's no proof that it's "ours" and we can't really sue them (can we? i dunno).
    Last edited by Buffy_85; 12-07-05 at 06:50 PM.

I received an email with their apology and they also said that they have taken the review off their site. However, I checked the site again and my review is still there! One thing I don't get is: why did it take them 5 months to send me an email?!

If you let me know which sites, I can try to contact their hosting companies to do something about it since they are stealing content. However, there are complications if the hosting company is not based in the US or some country that actually cares about these issues - which is the problem with some of these.
    -SC

All our reviews should be removed from that http://phimbovietnamonline.com/ site. Let me know if any are still found. Thanks!
    -SC

i doesnt work
    .....i can always make you smile ..........

Quote Originally Posted by Snow*Flake
    i doesnt work
    Why did you just revive a thread to spam? You just wrote 3 words that apparently doesn't make sense.

I doesn't know...what? it doesn't even have right grammar.

wow, how can they do that? don't they know that's wrong? stupid people.
    Currently watching:

• We got married
    • Moonlight Resonance
    • and many more...

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW."

can you get them to take it down?
    damn... that's plagiarism..

Seems like the site is no more. It's just a search engine now.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Seems like the site is no more. It's just a search engine now.
    Kidd, don't bother to reply to that person, he/she is a spammer in disguise. When you click the pic in his photo block it redirect to a dating site.

The moderator here only check the second tier, but this spammer got his spam at the third tier.

Don't you think it's fishy for *her* to reply to a thread last updated in 2007?

Since I've written like 50+ reviews, I have this problem all the time... some people have even discussed my review style in individual actor/actress forums, it's kind of bizarre.

They all credit my name though, so I'm not as angry/bothered by it as I probably should be...
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com