Thread: DGSD: How much did sucker Duan Yu suck?

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Default DGSD: How much did sucker Duan Yu suck?

Months ago in another thread some people didn't believe me that in the TLBB 1st edition DY did suck dry people I mentioned.

Below I find Kwok's article:

http://www.geocities.com/jyheroes/

articles/TLBB old edition (meaning 1st edition)

beginning of excerpt:

His (Duan Yu's) initial dose of inner power came from the yellow-eyebrowed monk's six students, whom he inadvertently sucked dry when he tried to subtly pass on chess tips by drawing on his first victim's palm.

Later on, a Taoist priest Sek Ching Zhi turned up (a longtime rival of the yellow-eyebrowed monk) and when testing DY's martial arts had a little of his power drained. Then the yellow-eyebrowed monk came storming in after looking at his students, tested DY's ability to absorb inner-power, then got free by kicking DY across the room. When Duen Jing Ming lifted DY up, he also felt his inner-power being drained and knocked DY away with his sleeves. When his mother came to coddle him amidst the abuse and harsh questioning, she also started to be drained, and DJM had to forcefully separate the two. However, no-one suspected DY of learning 'fa gung dai fat' anymore, since he would not deliberately harm his mother.

The monk and priest secretly went to Duen Yu together to help rid him of his 'curse', and with each striving to outdo the other, and neither willing to give up first, they both ended up with their inner-power sucked dry. Generally, Duen Yu had to consciously restrain himself from absorbing energy (using a method taught to him by DJM) when someone uses inner-power against him.

end of excerpt.

Of course DY also did additionally suck dry JMZ in the 1st edition.

Definition of 'sucked dry' here: the person is only left with a normal person's 'neigong' (?), that is: his accumulated neigong due to m.a. training, has been sucked out.

To compare with the 1st edition, could anybody give a list of which people DY sucked or sucked dry in DGSD 2nd edition? Please, no data from adaptations

NB
    TLBB 3rd edition should come out soon these days

http://www.ylib.com/hotsale/new_jin/index.htm

In 2nd edition, I think JMZ is the only significant person he sucked dry. At the beginning of the novel, when he first initially learnt the skill, he sucked dry all (i think 7 in total) the disciples of that sword sect where he found the manuals.

The people he sucked include 3 lesser members of the evil4, horse face (zhenglin's father), yellow brows, the hidden servant hiding from MuRong family, his father, his emporer uncle, 6 ben ranked monks in their local royal monestry.

The first 6 listed apparently gave more than half of their inner energy accumulation. The last 8 only gave a small portion.

I think that covers everyone.

How does that compare with XuZhu? Assume JMZ is about 0.5~1 elder. The amount he sucked from others, individually, doesnt seem to exceed 0.25 of an elder.

well it should be getting close to tsu zhu, i mean if before he sucks jmz he was already betetr than xiao feng in inner chi, and if xf and jmz r pretty much equal on chi, and then dy sucks jmz dry, it' assumable dy is 2x xf

Brother Dugu, it seems like you doubt my Chinese reading capability. I’ll post them again anyway…

Listed in chronological order according to events:

1st Occasion: (forgot location)

Wuliang Sword Sect’s 7 Disciples = sucked dry.

2nd Occasion: DYQ vs Yellow-Browed Monk in a game of chess

DYQ = portion.

3rd Occasion: Tunnel inside Zhong Wanchou’s home

Yellow-Browed Monk, Ye’er Liang, Southern Sea Divine Croc, Yun Zhonghe, Zhong Wanchou and the Cuibo Quandu = portions.

Zhong Ling = sucked dry.

4th Occasion: Celestial Dragon Monastery

Bau Dingdi, Ben Guan, Ben Xiang, Ben Yin and Ben Can = small extracts.

From this point on, DY’s inner energy was confirmed to have been peerless and above the elite likes of XF and JMZ. Although Xiao Feng did beat him in the short sprint, he knew if it went on to a marathon that stretched to 60 lis (Chinese miles), he would definitely be the one lagging behind. Because after examining DY’s inner energy, he could tell it was more profound than his own, albeit also to his disadvantage, DY had that additional edge of a unique stepping technique.

5th Occasion: Territory of 36 Caves and 72 Islands Group.

If my memory serves me correct: One guy belonging to either gangs of 36 caves or 72 islands was another victim = small extracts.

6th Occasion: The well.

Jiu Mozhi and Wang Yuyan = sucked dry.

There are other scenes left out that maybe weren’t too significant to be listed down.

Later on, a Taoist priest Sek Ching Zhi turned up (a longtime rival of the yellow-eyebrowed monk) and when testing DY's martial arts had a little of his power drained. Then the yellow-eyebrowed monk came storming in after looking at his students, tested DY's ability to absorb inner-power, then got free by kicking DY across the room. When Duen Jing Ming lifted DY up, he also felt his inner-power being drained and knocked DY away with his sleeves. When his mother came to coddle him amidst the abuse and harsh questioning, she also started to be drained, and DJM had to forcefully separate the two. However, no-one suspected DY of learning 'fa gung dai fat' anymore, since he would not deliberately harm his mother.
    Interesting, but I preferred his other story about the skirmish he had with a youthful Murong Bo.

Quote Originally Posted by Du Gu seeking a win

NB
    TLBB 3rd edition should come out soon these days

http://www.ylib.com/hotsale/new_jin/index.htm
    Thanks for the link. By that time (hopefully not all the way to December) , I don't have to resort to reading books with worn out covers and withered yellow papers from the library.