Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Released VCD/DVD Questions

There's also a 9 DVD (mandarin only) version coming out later this year.

I don't think anything got cut (other than what ZJZ's editing cut already), because DVD-9s can hold more episodes per disc w/the same quality (correct me, if i'm wrong folks).

This reminds me of the TLBB 2003 set I bought earlier this year. The subs are excellent (not as great as fan-subs though) quality. They are also DVD-9 but have 5 episodes per 8 discs.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Probably because the English Version could speak both in Mandarin and Cantonese, and the subtitles could be in English. And the Chinese Version could only speak Mandarin and also have Mandarin Subtitles.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidmelody33
    Probably because the English Version could speak both in Mandarin and Cantonese, and the subtitles could be in English. And the Chinese Version could only speak Mandarin and also have Mandarin Subtitles.
    On top of that, the 15 DVD version has hard subs encoded onto the letterbox part not the film, but the English subs can be turned off (btw, if you read the YESASIA PRODUCT REVIEW, my alias is THE DIVINE CONDOR. you can read what i said so i don't have to post here).

I had the 15 DVD set (same set but I got it off EBAY for cheaper), but gave it away.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

I have a 10 DVD version my friend got me from China, it has Cantonese and Mandarain and hard subs also. It has very good video but some parts have bad editing also. Its 40 episodes and they seem to have cut a bunch out of the last few episodes as i've downloaded some of the end of the 41 episode edition. Will they release anything with more than 41 eps?

Default DVDs released in Cantonese AND mandarin?

Could anybody tell me what the criterias are for releasing China production in cantonese as well as mandarin?? Some are released straight away with dual language and some are not... I am dying to see Word's finest (Tian Xia di Yi), is there a chance or can I just give up hope now....

If only I can read chinese...... (I'll also get it if it has english subtitles...)

Question English Subtitle

Hi,

Anyone can inform me any good online store to buy VCD/DVD that has better collection of China series with "english subtitle" compare to yesasia.com ?

Thanks for any information

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kapot
    Hi,

Anyone can inform me any good online store to buy VCD/DVD that has better collection of China series with "english subtitle" compare to yesasia.com ?

maybe yesasia.com. i've never tried it before, but i know they have most of Jing yong's series
    dolphin_bay

Quote Originally Posted by kapot
    Hi,

This website isn't really better than yesasia... but at least u have an alternative.
    http://www.gooshow.com/listdetail.aspx?t=6&c=2 Only few series have English Sub.
    仁。智。义。信。礼。忠。孝。悌。忍
    慈。慧。气。念。仪。实。心。情。耐

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by invisible_dolphinbay
    maybe yesasia.com. i've never tried it before, but i know they have most of Jing yong's series
    kapot is askin apart from YA!!!

The only thing I can think is Sensasian and d-addicts

Howabout Amazon.com?

someone pls name how many of china, taiwan and hongkong tv dramas have english subtitle? coz i only found a few of them such as
    1. Xiao Ao Jiang Hu (Laughing in the wind)
    2. Amazing Twins (the handsome sibligs)
    3. Tian Long Ba Bu
    4. Strang tales of Liao Zhai
    5. Return of the condor heroes (2006)
    7. Duke of Mont Deer (the one with Dicky Cheng)
    and i have all of them. i am still looking for any other dramas with english subtitle. if anyone happen to know, pls kindly post the title name and where i can get. thank in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by qinglong
    someone pls name how many of china, taiwan and hongkong tv dramas have english subtitle? coz i only found a few of them such as
    3. Tian Long Ba Bu
    and i have all of them. i am still looking for any other dramas with english subtitle. if anyone happen to know, pls kindly post the title name and where i can get. thank in advance.
    want to add a few:

duke of mount deer '85? with tony leung and andy lau
    chinese paladin aka eternal love
    seven swords
    heaven sword dragon sabre '03 - alec su, alyssa chia, gao yuan yuan
    wind & cloud 2 - zwz, peter ho
    the kung fu master - condensed version - donnie yen
    legend of the condor heroes 83
    return of the condor heroes '85 - andy lau , idy chan
    moment in peking - vicki zhao
    ---------
    Shellie

Quote Originally Posted by Vic_Viper
    This website isn't really better than yesasia... but at least u have an alternative.
    http://www.gooshow.com/listdetail.aspx?t=6&c=2 Only few series have English Sub.
    i'm curious, what is the story of the image below about? anyone? and who's in it other than chae rim??

http://www.gooshow.com/Pics/1/405/large.jpg
    ---------
    Shellie

I am looking for Arching Heroes aka Legend of Condor Heroes 2003 with English Subtitle.

I saw a friend of mine watching them on DiVx with a really good subtitle so I am sure there are exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcrush
    I am looking for Arching Heroes aka Legend of Condor Heroes 2003 with English Subtitle.

I saw a friend of mine watching them on DiVx with a really good subtitle so I am sure there are exist.
    is that the one with li ya peng & zhou zun? you can download that complete series woth english subtitles from here:

http://jem.d-addicts.com/

it's under the name "legend of the arching hero"
    ---------
    Shellie

Quote Originally Posted by qinglong
    3. Tian Long Ba Bu

hi U have Amazing twins? is it the one with Nic and dicky cheng and fan bing bing? is it in dvd with english sub? u want to sell? i'm looking for it. please let me know.
    Favorite Acctress: Allysa Chia, Jessica Hester Hsuan, Ma Su, Niki Chow.

Favorite Actors : Alec Su, Louis koo, leo Ku, Nicky Wu, Kevin Cheng.

Quote Originally Posted by girly
    hi U have Amazing twins? is it the one with Nic and dicky cheng and fan bing bing? is it in dvd with english sub? u want to sell? i'm looking for it. please let me know.
    you can buy this at yesasia.com with english subs:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004482123/
    ---------
    Shellie

Quote Originally Posted by shellie
    you can buy this at yesasia.com with english subs:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004482123/
    that's where i got it too.. and it's $10 cheaper than the local chinese video store

http://www.walawala.net has some eng subtitled series as well. Some of them seem pirated though, but others are Malaysian versions. You could try your luck there and see what you find

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

Default chinese movies or dramas with english subtitles

does anyone know good sites besides yesasia and amazon to get chinese movies and dramas wiht english subtitles such as Return of condor heroes, amazing twins, house of flying daggers, etc. i really need them becuase i live in america and started a club called chinese movies and dramas associations and therefore, need english subtitles in order for people to understand them.
    dolphin_bay