Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233

Thread: Blade Heart 《血薦軒轅》

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by goddessofhonour
    I really do think that Ray slowly loved Mimi after all the times they went through and all the hardships. With Shirley, I believe that after he finds out she was his sister, his love for her turns into an older brother kind of love. I really liked this character of Ray's because it makes you think about his feelings for his love interest, espically Mimi. It seems as times he is very slow to reveal what he really feels and often hides it.
    Damn! Why does all series end up with incest? I think the idea of incest is getting broader among TVB series nowadays...especially Wuxia series.

haha, and this actually comes first than lethal weapons
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

TommyH
    Unregistered

I think the idea of incest works best in Wuxia series because back in the ancient time it is common to have more than one wives (like the king) so it isn't easy to know "all" your siblings. Some relationships might be private too.

but isn't cousin relationships also considered incest? it's quite common in wuxia...wonder why though
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Only relationship between cousins with same surname is considered incest in ancient china.

Please understand that values and traditions and common practices change with times and differs according to culture.

So, please do not fault TVB (as some viewers tend to do) or wuxia writers when they write about this relationships because it existed in ancient world and is still a non-issue is some chinese communities even now.

Actually, I myself never thought it is an issue and never thought anyone would have problem with this kind of relationship before I read hoo haa from the viewers about the 'incestious' relationship in RDOV in the forum. I still don't think there's anything wrong with it. I bet most of the viewers who have problem with it are ABCs who grow up in the US.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-11-06 at 02:43 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Actually, I myself never thought it is an issue and never thought anyone would have problem with this kind of relationship before I read hoo haa from the viewers about the 'incestious' relationship in RDOV in the forum. I still don't think there's anything wrong with it. I bet most of the viewers who have problem with it are ABCs who grow up in the US.
    But cousins, no matter same surname or not, have similar DNA to you, and have a higher risk of having children born with X-linked genetic abnormalities - you get a higher risk of developing illness than other people, like congenital cataracts, cancer, cerebral palsy, etc...

I didn't like the cousin-cousin relationships, and I was born in HK.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

actually when i was young, i got really confused. i actually thought i can end up with my cousin! then i heard my sisters talking that it's not allowed (im too young then to understand incest), then i became confused all again....
    cherrie

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Damn! Why does all series end up with incest? I think the idea of incest is getting broader among TVB series nowadays...especially Wuxia series.

ni keen si , nei tonyin hosuk !

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    actually when i was young, i got really confused. i actually thought i can end up with my cousin! then i heard my sisters talking that it's not allowed (im too young then to understand incest), then i became confused all again....
    You must have had a very good-looking cousin!

I was just freaked out by the whole idea since young, don't know why!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

ah no, my cousins don't have looks ..haha, perhaps that's the main reason why i refuse to that idea since young haha!
    cherrie

LOL Hehehe, this topic never ceases to stop Lol, I won't comment much about the relationships...don't want to get all confused again. Lol, as I was reading all the comments regarding this, I couldn't help but think that its limiting the "selection."

Lol, to a "happier" place now. Lets talk about Raymond and Mimi then, lol. They weren't related Hehe, very cute couple!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

hehe just raymond anything and everything about raymond
    cherrie

Default Can't anyone help upload the Blade Heart series on youtube?

I wanted to watch Blade Heart, most because of raymond! I really want to see his performance in this series. I couldn't download the series due to a flinch or video stores didn't have them. Will anyone be willing help me out, upload the entire episode of Blade Heart series on you tube? I really want to see raymond's character.
    Please reply! I'll be grateful.

Unfortunately I don't have this series, so I can't help you. Now that this thread popped up again, maybe I shall leave a comment about this series. Gosh the story really sucked! It's a waste of such a good cast! I really loved Raymond's performance here, and his chemistry with Shirley and Mimi later on. A good cast, a huge budget, beautiful fighting scenes, no CGI, why can't the producers just put more heart into the story and make this the perfect series? Mmm
    Eat the sweet, eat the bitter as well

well this series is depressing, got so depressed while watching this. but in fairness, i still love the series. and im not yet even a ray fan when i first watched this...
    cherrie

Agree. This series is very depressing, but I still like it. It's actually one of the better series that came out in 2004.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Default I gotta watch Raymond!

I really want to watch the series, even if it's depressed. Is anyone kind enough to upload this series on youtube or somehow send a link to download the episodes? Please reply.
    By da way, how did shirley's character meet raymond's character? I wanna how did they fall in love. (Was it a love at first sight?)
    Again, please help with the download or link if you could.
    I need to see Raymond!