Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winter Sonata

Default Re: Winter Sonata Music

Originally posted by spikey_oh
    Hi everybody...

wondering if anyone has any ideas where to get the songs in winter sonata...

I have been looking around for some time, for a song that is NOT in the OST but in the series...

No idea what is the song name as well...

Anyone has any idea?

Pls inform me if you know of a site where i can listen or download...

THANK YOU. Any help render is really greatly appreciated.

You can go to byj guilt website, it has all the songs.

Hi, I am new to this forum. Anyone knows where I can get Winter Sonata's original DVD?

Hi Thanks for the info.

Saw several versions in yesasia.
    1) Winter Song of Love AKA - China version USD24.99 (10DVD) Cat No. 1002981198
    2) Winter sonata AKA - Winter song of love - English version USD79.99 (6DVD) Cat No. 1002906245
    3) Winter Sonata - overseas Version USD67.99 (10 DVD) Cat no. 1001852464
    4) Winter sonata KBS TV series USD69.99 ( DVD) Cat No. 1001830323
    5) Winter Sonata KBS TV Series Eng subtitle USD84.95 (6DVD) Cat No. 1003004276
    Any idea what is the difference between these versions, besides some having different languages (same have Malay or cantonese languages). Which one is of a better quality?

Question necklace~

hi there.... <BR><BR>i'm a singaporean... *obviously.. it's in the profile... but nvm* and i bought the polaris necklace featured in "winter sonata" a very long time ago in a shop in singapore's far east plaza... i would like to ask if anyone knew if the shop is still there and the unit number... i only remember that it's probably on level 2 onwards.
    well.. i would like to get that polaris necklace for a gd frend of mine u see..
    i tried to look for the shop.. but i still couldnt find it... also, i was thinking maybe thru this shop that i bought the polaris necklace, maybe i could find the necklace featured in "stairway to heaven". so... this piece of information regarding the sale of necklace realli means a lot to mi. if you happen to cum across the place that sells the necklace(s), pls don't hesitate to send the info to mi at [email protected] thank you all so much~!

oy, i spent 3 days watching this series ... all of it . i really like it though. especially the main actor in there Bae Yong June . He plays his character well ... well dressed (colorful ) and always have perfect hair . ( i wish my bf always has his hair like that )

the movie was touching until it's become too long . oh my god with all the crying, the tears, the "drama" , the story dies out a bit . but its worth watching and the songs ... all the songs were sung by Ryu . I like "Forget Me Not" song in the since where Bae was throwing the camera, the necklace etc away ... i'm hooked on the song

i like this series better then Autumn Love Story .

Default Winter Sonata

Quote Originally Posted by panda
    hi there.... <BR><BR>i'm a singaporean... *obviously.. it's in the profile... but nvm* and i bought the polaris necklace featured in "winter sonata" a very long time ago in a shop in singapore's far east plaza... i would like to ask if anyone knew if the shop is still there and the unit number... i only remember that it's probably on level 2 onwards.
    well.. i would like to get that polaris necklace for a gd frend of mine u see..
    i tried to look for the shop.. but i still couldnt find it... also, i was thinking maybe thru this shop that i bought the polaris necklace, maybe i could find the necklace featured in "stairway to heaven". so... this piece of information regarding the sale of necklace realli means a lot to mi. if you happen to cum across the place that sells the necklace(s), pls don't hesitate to send the info to mi at [email protected] thank you all so much~!
    Hi, you can get it from yesasia - website address http://global.yesasia.com

Quote Originally Posted by TuToo
    oy, i spent 3 days watching this series ... all of it . i really like it though. especially the main actor in there Bae Yong June . He plays his character well ... well dressed (colorful ) and always have perfect hair . ( i wish my bf always has his hair like that )

the movie was touching until it's become too long . oh my god with all the crying, the tears, the "drama" , the story dies out a bit . but its worth watching and the songs ... all the songs were sung by Ryu . I like "Forget Me Not" song in the since where Bae was throwing the camera, the necklace etc away ... i'm hooked on the song

i like this series better then Autumn Love Story .

Hi

I also like this song much better than the other two - Moments and Memory
    which will always play in the sceen.

I bought the OST because of this song and now even download to my
    office computer.

I think this is one of the best series that I enjoyed watching. I had watched it like 6 times. Very touching, though a certain part abit draggy. I introduce it to my brother who was in his mid 30s and surprisingly he enjoyed it as well and even cried in certain scenes.

The songs. Right, I think love all of them esp moment. Though I dont understand korean but it just moved your heart.

Well... i like WS. wait... i LOVE WS...

if they had have killed off BYJ's character i think i would have died. it would have just been a sad show for now particular reason. but that wasn't how it was so it's koo.

i don't think it drags at all... maybe because i've watched so many China series, that they just made this one seem so tidy. All my questions were answered with every episode i watched.

The main reason why I love WS is the use of heart-felt sentiments...

The theme on "First Time" and Polaris is cute. oh! and my favourite season aswell!

I love all the songs too! especially Ryu - Forget Me Not. ohh how they pull at my heart strings.

I'm a sucka for romantic mush and BYJ just made it a whole lot better...

I could rant on and on... but it wouldn't be fair for those who didn't enjoy this show. hehehe. sooo c ya !

ohhh!! and i know a good good site for songs:
    go to http://www.wintersong.cjb.net/ and go to midi and mp3 link and follow through with the link above HOME and then clik download. it works.
    Last edited by babii_azn01; 09-29-04 at 07:21 AM.

Thank you for the site!! i really love this series

I came across this article/reviews in BYS's quilt. It's very amusing, so I decided to re-post it here:

Courtesy of BJY's Quilt:

My Favourite Soap Opera
    Tyee.ca 5/21/04
    It's Winter Love Song, a tortured, trashy(??) Korean masterpiece on Shaw's Multicultural Channel.

By Steve Burgess

On a recent trip to Japan I spent some time watching sumo on TV. There were of course no subtitles, so I didn't know who was fighting who. Next day I would read about the fights in the papers and try to match up the descriptions with what I had seen the night before. I did succeed in identifying the eventual champion, Asashoryu, so that I could watch his triumphal progress through the field of challengers. Even without knowing the wrestlers' names, it was entertaining. For all its arcane ceremony, sumo is a very basic sort of contest. Not knowing the relative skills of the competitors beforehand, it was fun to watch them settle in for battle and try to see in their eyes who had the confident bearing of a winner.

It might be a stretch to say that soap operas, like sumo, are so basic and universal that they too can be followed without words. Subtitles do help. But the basic forms are always there and easily recognizable. And thanks to the handy English at the bottom of the screen, anyone can appreciate the tortured Korean mini-series Winter Love Song, Fridays at 2 and 9PM on Shaw Multicultural Channel 20.

Even her smile sobs

Poor Shaw Multicultural뾱o marginal that it doesn't even make the channel listing of the TV Times. The only way to catch its programs are to be told about them, or to happen upon them while channel surfing. I can't recall exactly what stopped my remote finger the first time I saw Winter Love Song뾭robably the ineffably sad eyes of Yujin, the female lead (played by Choi-Ji Woo). She has one of those faces that appears to weep for all the world's suffering, even when she smiles. And Lord knows she has enough troubles of her own.

Just listen: She's engaged to Sang-hyuk. But doesn't love him. If she tries to leave him though, he'll stop eating and dwindle away to near death, while Yujin's own mother will be so distraught she'll collapse and end up in hospital.

Naturally Yujin has discovered all of this first hand because she's tried to leave more than once. There's this other guy (maybe two guys뾵e're not sure). His name is Min-hyung and he sure is cute. He's got glasses and auburn hair and usually wears a scarf and a quiet, searching gaze. Yujin was stunned when she met him because he was a dead ringer for Joon-sang, her deceased childhood sweetie. So they fell blissfully in love. That's when Sang-hyuk stopped eating. The passive-aggressive tactic worked like a damn, and Yujin (pressured by friends and family) dutifully trudged back to Sang-hyuk to re-schedule the wedding and save his pathetic life. Every time Yujin is with Sang-hyuk she looks like she's eaten a greasy Korean pancake that didn't agree with her, but Sang-hyuk doesn't seem to mind one bit. Whatever it takes to get her down the aisle is OK with him.

The mysterious Joon-Sang

Meanwhile Min-hyung is puzzled. He keeps hearing about the mysterious Joon-sang he so resembles, and whom Yujin so loved. Is the dead Joon-sang his twin brother? Or is Joon-sang alive?with a new identity?

Just days after the Friends finale featured a mad dash to the airport to intercept a departing love, Winter Love Song coincidentally employed the same plot twist as Yujin chased the departing Min-hyung. Or Joon-Sang. Whoever he is, he later got hit by a truck. I don't know how it comes out yet뾥e's still in a coma.

Apparently I am not the first to discover the cross-cultural appeal of Winter Love Song. The show proved so popular in Japan that Bae-Yung Jun, who plays Min-hyung/Joon-Sang, was mobbed on a recent visit. (Poor fiance Sang-hyuk is good looking too. But he's interfering with their happiness, and nobody loves a roadblock.)

Something Western drama lacks

Winter Love Song may be over the top in the time-honoured soap opera style, but it has a haunting quality that comes from its very Asian themes of duty and unfulfilled longing, not to mention Yujin's sad eyes. Although the twisted triangle is familiar to Western audiences, the behavior of Yujin seems like a throwback. Her devotion to family, duty and propriety disappeared from most Western romantic drama long ago. Vancouverites seeking the same themes will have to catch the Vancouver Opera production of Verdi's La Traviata, currently at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. There too, the duties of family threaten to override the imperatives of love, but that story is over a century old.

Winter Love Song may not be high culture, but neither was the opera in its heyday. As glossy Harlequin-style trash, it's a hoot. Catching up to it now might be a little tough, since the plot line is fairly well advanced (once the amnesia wears off it's got to be near the end). But at least next time Shaw airs it, maybe they might even list it in the paper, along with the rest of the station's programming. Who knows what other subtitled treasures might be waiting on Channel 20?

Steve Burgess reviews television, and other indulgences, for The Tyee.

You can also read the article here: http://www.thetyee.ca/Entertainment/...Soap+Opera.htm
    Last edited by tinac; 10-05-04 at 04:24 AM.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

That was quite amusing.... seeing Winter Sonata from a different perspective. Hmm, I never did really notice the duty to the family part in Winter Sonata. Guess I took it for granted that CJW's character have to be responsible to her family and stuff.

Default ry to help i am searching for an english translation to " Winter Sonata " !!

hi , i am searching for a English subtitles or translation for the korean series " winter Sonata " , plz help me in that if u know any site tat can download from it this subtitles & if i can know a site to download the whole series on my computer . Thank u any way , 4 ur concerine

Default winter sonata

sorry for digging up this thread.. me always late in discovering good korean tv series ..but have started seeing this and up to chapter 6..

i have noticed that in stairways and this, the storyline is based on finding one long time old friend (KSW and CJW in stairways) and (now CJW with BYJ)..

what i dont understand is wot exactly happened to BYJ after the accident apart from he spent his time in america.. and why does BJY's girlfriend (the one who opens a boutique) hide the truth about BJY's real identity.. i mean for her too, at the time, she "lost" a fellow classmate. How did get to meet BJY although she was led to believe he died too

BJY's girlfriend was such a full on jealous girl, the ball scene and the cross-dress scenario..
    the winter scenes are indeed ..
    BJY does look too bad later i think compared to the college years.. still his look in Hotelier was the best

Default Winter Sonata

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    sorry for digging up this thread.. me always late in discovering good korean tv series ..but have started seeing this and up to chapter 6..

i have noticed that in stairways and this, the storyline is based on finding one long time old friend (KSW and CJW in stairways) and (now CJW with BYJ)..

what i dont understand is wot exactly happened to BYJ after the accident apart from he spent his time in america.. and why does BJY's girlfriend (the one who opens a boutique) hide the truth about BJY's real identity.. i mean for her too, at the time, she "lost" a fellow classmate. How did get to meet BJY although she was led to believe he died too

BJY's girlfriend was such a full on jealous girl, the ball scene and the cross-dress scenario..
    the winter scenes are indeed ..
    BJY does look too bad later i think compared to the college years.. still his look in Hotelier was the best
    as i recall, everthing that happened after the accident was explained at the latter part of the series. (do you want me to spoil it for you? )

on bjy's girlfriend, she doesnt know the truth either since the guy was using a different name. i think they met outside the country, and as she was attracted to bjy back even when they were in high school, she pursued him. i think all of this was mentioned during the time she introduced him to CJW and their other friends. This was the scene where they go back to their school and their paths crossed.

same with you, i like bjy in hotelier more than in winter sonata

but i love the sceneries in winter sonata...if ill have the chance (and the money of course) would love to visit korea just for that
    Last edited by einalem; 02-19-05 at 02:58 AM.

BYJ's girlfriend, Chelin had absolutely no idea that "Lee Min-hyung" was actually Kang Joon-sang. She was equally, or if not more surprised to find out that he is actually Joon-sang. She met him in the states and probably just thought she got lucky having found a Joon-sang duplicate for replacement.

Default winter sonata

again, was watching this and wow, it felt good with CJW's flatmate (who works for BJY's girlfriend in the boutique) when she told the truth about BJY.

the woman who plays CJW's mum was in endless love right? as the woman from the poor background, who was SHK's real mum.

U see in Stairways to heaven, we saw how CJW's memory lapse after the car accident and actually waking up to have forgotten things, thus spend 5 years living with her step-brother with a new identity. Here in WS, it went straight to the point that BJY had an accident yet came back with a new identity

i do feel sorry sometimes for cjw's fiance ..after all, it has been 10 years time together... the songs are soooooo nice so is the wintery scenery

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    the woman who plays CJW's mum was in endless love right? as the woman from the poor background, who was SHK's real mum.
    Yes, that is her. And she was also in the third season installment, Summer Scent, as Song SeungHun's mother as well...

Default winter sonata

up to now chapter 8..so far so good.. i like the colourness of the scarves the artistes wears..i cant seem to wrap around my scarf like that..the way that BYJ does it... ..

it felt ever so good when BJY's dumped girlfriend went to see Seung Yic's mum and tell her the gossip about CJW (my chinese translation as i am seeing the cantonese version) yet Seung yic's mum had faith in CJW. I cant seem to understand why Seung yic's mum hates CJW..surely it wasnt just because of the engagement party earlier

anyway.. i do feel sorry for CJW's fiance as he is doing perfectly natural things to win back her love..he's the innocent one after all. Childhood first love is history i think. It was nice to see BJY comfort her and find her once CJW ran away from the hotel after her "rape"/assualt.
    in Stairways, CJW grew up with KSW and they both liked each other from the start..whereas i think here, CJw's screen fiance loved her more than she loved him.. she loved him in a way but not that intimately displayed
    Last edited by teddybear; 02-19-05 at 11:21 PM.