Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Name is Kim Sam Soon

Default My Name is Kim Sam Soon

I LOVE LOVE (lebu lebu) this kdrama that I did an episode guide so that I can recollect all the beautiful lines and my favourite scenes for every episode! Enjoy!

Default Episode 1 Life is just like a box full of liquor-filled chocolates

Sam Soon follows her cheating boyfriend on Christmas Eve to a hotel. She fumbles when she saw him coming out of the room and he catches her spying on him.

They have a chat at the hotel lobby and he goes on to break up with her and she is devastated that she is once again dumped. She cries her heart out in the toilet only to realize that she had entered the gents instead of the ladies. Her awkward situation was witnessed by Jin Heon, who just so happen to be sitting behind Sam Soon in the lobby when she was breaking up with her boyfriend. Jin Heon sees Sam Soon with her streaked mascara and un-buttoned shirt with half her bosom showing.

Jin Heon was sitting behind Samsoon eavesdropping on her breakup and laughing at the entire situation although he was on a matchmaking date with another girl. He is distracted by the exchange that is transpiring behind him but his date is pissed with him and throws a glass of water on him. Which is why he had to go to the toilet only to find Sam Soon there.

Jin Heon owns a restaurant and his mother owns the very same hotel that Sam Soon followed her boyfriend to. He goes to work to find out that his pastry chef had resigned suddenly. He looks for his mother at her hotel to ask for her help to tie him over. Instead he gets a drilling from his mother for foiling his last match making appointment. Jin Heon is pressured by his mother to get married, but he is resisting it although she beats him up along the way.

Meanwhile, Sam Soon was interviewing for a job as a pastry chef at the hotel but is turned down because she is overqualified for the job. She takes a peep at the pastry kitchen on her way out and bumps into Jin Heon who was looking for the head pastry chef to help him in his restaurant. They have an episode where Sam Soon's hair was caught in Jin Heon's jacket button. Sam Soon in a fit of anger because Jin Heon cut her hair to unwind her from his jacket, threw the mango mousse cake, which she baked for her interviewer in his face.

Jin Heon tastes the cake that was smashed on his face and runs after Sam Soon. He offers her a job in his restaurant, and Sam Soon says she will think about it.

She goes for the interview and made some samples for tasting. She passes the interview but she has only one condition to accept their offer. She asked to be introduced as Kim Hee Jin instead of Kim Sam Soon. Jin Heon agrees to introduce Sam Soon as anything but Hee Jin. But Sam Soon insists and Jin Heon relents.

On a plane, Hee Jin is on her way home. She is seated next to Sam Soon’s elder sister Yi Young. She is looking forward to coming home after being in the States for 3 years.

Favourite scenes
    ==========
    1)Sam Soon's break-up, and telling her boyfriend to put things across to her simply.
    2) Jin Heon catching Sam Soon in the gents with her streaking mascara and half buttoned shirt.
    3)Sam Soon's dream at the match making agency, how she claims she is 100% a'l naturale and plastic surgury free, and how she rebuted the matchmaker about men being shamelss with their fat saggy bellies going after younger women.
    4) Sam Soon's interview with Jin Heon
    5) Sam Soon and Jin Heon on why should she be called Kim Hee Jin and not Kim Sam Soon.
    Last edited by il_mare; 08-23-05 at 10:44 AM.

Default Episode 2 Let's try falling in love

Sam Soon starts work at "Bon Appetite" and is introduced by Jin Heon as Kim Hee Jin. Sam Soon finds out that all the girls in the restaurant has a crush on Jin Heon. The restaurant held a welcome party for Sam Soon. She fantasize about doing a seductive dance but instead pulled of a silly act on stage.

Sam Soon's mother sets Sam Soon up on a date. Jin Heon happens to be set up on a date as well at the same hotel cafe where Sam Soon had broken up on Christmas eve with her ex-boyfriend. Jin Heon could not believe that Sam Soon is so quick to jump back into another relationship and plays a prank on her and ruin her perfect date by claiming to be Sam Soon's boyfriend.

Sam Soon is very upset with what Jin Heon had done promptly resigns on the spot. Jin Heon realises what he did was wrong. He follows Sam Soon the entire day as she goes to different places to cheer herself up, to try and convince Sam Soon to change her mind about resigning. Sam Soon ends up drowning her sorrows and passes out. Jin Heon takes her to his apartment to clean her up.

Jin Heon's mother finds out about Jin Heon walking out on his date with another girl called Sam Soon. She visits Jin Heon the next morning and finds Sam Soon in Jin Heon's apartment. Jin Heon's mother thought that Sam Soon is Jin Heon's girlfriend. She tells Jin Heon to bring Sam Soon home for a formal introduction.

Jin Heon propose to Sam Soon : Let's try falling in love. Sam Soon spits her food on Jin Heon's face when she hears Jin Heon's proposition.

Featured dessert : Marquis Glace

Trivia : This is the episode where Jin Heon wins the Piggy for Sam Soon at the carnival.

My Favourite scenes
    1) Jin Heon asking his date which part of her face did she have plastic surgury done, and told her not to do her breasts as he likes small breast women.
    2) Jin Heon pretending to be Sam Soon's boyfriend and dragging Sam Soon away from her date, and Sam Soon getting hysterical with Jin Heon's prank.
    3) Drinking with Jin Heon and telling him what kind of a man she wanted.
    4) At the ATM where she threw up and they both gets trapped when the alarm went off.
    5) Jin Heon piggy backs a very heavy Sam Soon as she whacks him with the Piggy for what he did to her in the afternoon.
    Last edited by il_mare; 08-23-05 at 09:52 AM.

Default Episode 3 Teach me how to write a love contract

Jin Heon wants Sam Soon to pretend to be his girlfriend so that he can stop going for match-make dates by his mother. Sam Soon refuses but Jin Heon is unmoved by her rejections.

Sam Soon meets an old acquaintance CR and realise that CR was getting engaged to her ex-boyfriend. CR wants to hold her engagement party at "Bon Appetite". And Jin Heon insisted that Sam Soon bakes the engagement cake without knowing that it was her ex-boyfriend's engagement.

Yi-young shows up at the family home. She has just divorced her husband and is back in South Korea. She has come back to live with Sam Soon and her mother and face the music from her mother about her divorce.

Bad news seem to come together as Sam Soon's mother finds out that her husband had been a guarantor for someone who had defaulted on his loan. The bank is claiming the money from Sam Soon's mother as Sam Soon's father has passed away.

In order to save her family home, Sam Soon approaches Jin Heon and agrees to be his pseudo girlfriend for KRW 50 million. Jin Heon quickly agrees and immediately takes Sam Soon out and annouce to the rest of the staff that they are dating. This incurrs the jealousy of the other girls as Sam Soon has taken their Prince Charming from them.

Hee Jin receives a video from Dr Henry Kim who confesses his love for her. He admits that he loved her from the moment he met her, and although he knows she loves someone else, he can't get Hee Jin from her head.

Jin Heon takes Sam Soon and introduce her to his family. Sam Soon meets Jin Heon's niece, Mijoo who is a pretty 7 seven year old who refuses to speak.

Jin Heon plays the piano for Mijoo, and Sam Soon requests for "Over the Rainbow" which Jin Heon flatly refuses to play. Secretary Yoon then tells Sam Soon that the song was Jin Heon's ex-girlfriend's favourite tune.

Sam Soon and Jin Heon gets into an argument about Jin Heon's behaviour to Sam Soon over the song. Both decide to draft their "dating contract" on the coasters of the restaurant which they just had their argument.

Love Contract
    ========
    1) Stay together as a couple until 31 Dec 2005
    2) No physical contact to KSS
    3) No physical contact with HJH
    4) Don't ask too HJH any questions, and don't ask a question twice
    5) KSS disallowed to meet other men during the period of this contact
    6) Do not fall in love

Favourite scenes
    ==========
    1) Meeting Jin Heon's mother and her response about her parent's "profession", and Jin Heon laughs (for the first time!)
    2) Sam Soon says "I love you" and almost throws up in the toilet.
    3 Nah Sanjag says Sam Soon looks like expired bread
    4) In the bus where Sam Soon was crying over her lost love and then the bus driver jams his brakes and Sam Soon yells at the driver to drive carefully as she is still single
    5) In the bar Sam Soon claims she will return the money with her organs. Jin Heon comments whether there is anything that's worth any money on her. Oh yes, you can make babies maybe.

Favourite lines
    In the bus
    ========
    SS crying in the bus thinking about all the ridiculous things her ex just told her
    "I didn't realise how ridiculous his promises were to me then
    If he didn't make them, I might be feeling better now
    Even though I knew it was a lie, I hate myself for believing his lies
    Looking at his heartless eyes, I hate myelf for yearning for him
    And I hate my self reproaching. Losing love is like losing your self repect"

Jin Heon's description of SS
    She is a girl who uses her own hands to realise her dreams. She is different compared to those other dumb girls who only knows how to spead their parents hard earned money to doll themselves up.....And she knows where she stands. In this world what she should do and she should be doing to survive. She's got good values and healthy outlook, a smart girl.
    Last edited by il_mare; 08-23-05 at 10:03 AM.

Default Episode 4 Over the Rainbow

Jin Heon gives Sam Soon a bouquet of flowers in front of all his staff during lunch so as to convince his mother's spy that he and Sam Soon are really dating. Sam Soon and Jin Heon goes to the best bake shop to try out their food and bumps into CR and HW.

Jin Heon remembers HW to be Sam Soon's ex-boyfriend. To spite HW, Jin Heon acts intimate with Sam Soon and tells CR and HW that they are dating. CR goes ballistic as she has always considered Jin Heon as her first crush and could not believe what could Jin Heon see in Sam Soon.

Jin Heon apologises to Sam Soon that she has to bake HW's enagement cake. Sam Soon says it is ok, furthermore she has already decided the design. Jiin Heon's leg starts to hurt because he had to stand in the subway. Sam Soon takes Jin Heon to a private cinema so that he can rest his legs.

Sam Soon finds out that Jin Heon injured his leg in an accident a few years ago, and that was the reason why he has phobia against driving. They have another discussion about love and relationship. And Sam Soon suggests that Jin Heon may be gay or impotent from his accident which explains his disinterest in women. Jin Heon to prove a point, corners Sam Soon as though he was going to kiss her. Then he backs off with his tease.

Sam Soon loses sleep over what happened at the cinema and gets up early to give herself baking healing therapy. Jin Heon checks in early aswell as he was woken up by Mijoo earlier, and he sang Mijoo a song to put her to sleep.

A customer comes in a started a racquet as she caught her husband having a meal with his girlfriend. To console the woman, Sam Soon ordered Jin Heon to play a tune for the lady. The customer requests for "Over the Rainbow".

As Jin Heon plays this painful tune, Hee Jin walks in.

Jin Heon and Hee Jin are sitting in a cafe. Jin Heon is bitter about Hee Jin walking out of his life 3 years ago. She had not contacted him all this time. Hee Jin tries to explain but Jin Heon is too angry to listen to her. He walks out of the cafe.

Jin Heon drinks alone in the restaurant after everyone's gone. Sam Soon drinks with Jin Heon and asks whether Hee Jin is his ex-girlfriend. Jin Heon does not reply. Then Sam Soon asks what is Hee Jin's surname. Jin Heon utters Yoo Hee Jin and passes out.

Featured pastry : Sam Soon throws Jin Heon a bread called Bask in the dessert shop

Favourite lines
    =========
    Sam Soon baking therapy
    The body ask the heart, if I am in pain the doctor will cure me, but if you are in pain, who is going to cure you? The heart replies, only I can cure myself. Maybe that is why, every person has their own way of healing the pain in their hearts. Drink, sing, throw a tantrum, cry, laugh, talk to a friend, travel, run a marathon. The worst thing to do is to ignore the pain in the heart. My healing therapy is to wake up at dawn like this, bake a cake and make cookies. When my father passed away suddenly, and my once fiery love ended, when I felt put down, I will always bake at dawn in the kitchen. And console myself with the wonderful smell. Is there any more beautiful therapy than this in the world?
    Last edited by il_mare; 08-12-05 at 09:14 PM.

Default Episode 5 Love is childish

Sam Soon tends to a drunk Jin Heon and ends up lock in bed with Jin Heon. Jin Heon calls out Hee Jin, and Sam Soon asks which Hee Jin and then pray to god not to test her. Please. Then Sam Soon looks around and asks a sleeping Jin Heon "Have u been shutting yourself in here, waiting for her."

Hee Jin visits Jin Heon in the morning to explain why she left Jin Heon 3 years. But she sees Sam Soon in Jin Heon's apartment. Jin Heon refuses to listen to Hee Jin, and insists Sam Soon's presence as his girlfriend to listen to what Hee Jin has to say. Shocked at learning about their relationship, Hee Jin leaves.

Sam Soon is pissed that Jin Heon made use of her to get rid of Hee Jin. Sam Soon screams at Jin Heon to chase Hee Jin but he shouts back and tells Sam Soon she has no idea how cruel Hee Jin was to him. Sam Soon rebuted that it is no way to treat a girl. Sam Soon threatens to break the contract as she is upset that Jin Heon made use of her to spite Hee Jin.

Yi-young looks for Sam Soon at the restaurant but ends up in an argument with the head chef because she returned all her food, untouched.

Sam Soon has another fight with Jin Heon over his treatment of Hee Jin in the restaurant. Jin Heon shouts back at Sam Soon's relentless hammering and breaks the glass of a painting behind Sam Soon with his bare fist.

Hee Jin calls Sam Soon out to meet her and to find out about her relationship with Jin Heon. Hee Jin asks Sam Soon to back off from Jin Heon and Sam Soon in turn asks for the same from Hee Jin.

Sam Soon invites Mijoo over to the restaurant to bake some cookies. Sam Soon says that Mijoo is like MoMo from the book of the same name. The three gets into a flour fight and Jin Heon laughs for the first time and everyone in the restaurant could not recognize it was Jin Heon’s laughter as no one has ever heard the sound of his laughter.

Hee Jin waits for Jin Heon in his place but is chased out by Jin Heon who accused Hee Jin of leaving him for another man. Hee Jin leaves hurt by Jin Heon's words, before she could finish telling Jin Heon what she wanted to say. Jin Heon regrets his action and follows Hee Jin to her apartment only to witness Hee Jin sobbing in Henry's arms.

Favourite lines
    Sam Soon to Hee Jin's reapprearance after disappearing for 3 years
    "Memory is just memories. Memory has no power"

Favourite scene
    =========
    1) Jin Heon dreaming about fooling around with Hee Jin in class and Sam Soon appears
    2) Hee Jin and Sam Soon's exchange in the cafe
    Last edited by il_mare; 08-12-05 at 09:18 PM.

Default Episode 6 The calories of a kiss, the calories of love

HW comes to see Sam Soon the day before his engagement. He asks Sam Soon to break off with Jin Heon and come back to him. He wants to start over with Sam Soon, yet he was still going to go ahead with his engagement. He gets beaten up and chased away by Sam Soon. He is unrepentent and vows to make Sam Soon his woman again.

Sam Soon bakes a beautiful engagement cake for CR and HW. She hides in a corner and shed tears of pain as she witness their engagament ceremony. Jin Heon sees Sam Soon's pain from the whole episode.

Sam Soon sits by the piano after closing hours, drowning her sorrows with liquor. Jin Heon consoles Sam Soon. Sam Soon tells Jin Heon why she likes the name Hee Jin. Jin Heon tells Sam Soon that it is over between him and Hee Jin. They shares an intimate moment, and then Sam Soon kisses Jin Heon.

Jin Heon apologies to Sam Soon about the kiss stating that it was his mistake. Sam Soon apologies as well, becos she claims that she kissed him first. Both agree that they are on the same waveline about the kiss, that it was a mistake and that they should forget about it.

Jin Heon asks Sam Soon to prepare to go to Cheju Island with him for his family's new hotel opening.

Hee Jin also reads about the opening of a new hotel by Jin Heon's family on Cheju Island and decides to go there with Henry.

Favourite lines
    =========
    As she witness HW' engagament, she remembers the first time she kissed him
    "A cup of coffee has 5 kilo calories, which is the same energy used for a 5 min kiss. For the 3 years we kissed, how many calories is that? Love calories, all that energy, where did it all go to?"

Captain Jang going through the reasons why there are no men out there
    No 1 Nice men...are ugly
    No 2 Good looking men...are jerks
    No 3 Good looking and nice men...are married
    No 4 Good looking, nice and unmarried men...are useless
    No 5 Good looking, nice, unmarried and rich men...are not interested in us
    No 6 Good looking, nice, unmarried, rich men who are interested in us....are flirts
    No 7 Good looking, nice, unmarried, rich men who are interested in us and faithful...are gay
    No 8 Good looking, nice, unmarried, rich men who are interested in us and faithful and heterosexual and would not lose interest in us even if we are the one who make the first moves...these men must be crazy!

Favourite scene
    ==========
    1) Sam Soon beating HW with an umbrella and HW asks Sam Soon what is she doing with an umbrella when it is not raining.
    2) As Sam Soon flushes the chilli powder which she had initally intended to add into the cake and choked with the chilli, she coughs and cries
    3) The kiss of course!
    4) The witty exchange between Sam Soon and Jin Heon as they both shove and take on the blame for the kiss.

Henry moment
    ===========
    Hee Jin and Henry bought a traditional Korean dress for Henry's mother. Hee Jin asks Henry what did Henry's mother have to say about his visit to Korea. Henry replies that his mother told him to be careful of Korean girls

H:If they see me, they will fall over mesmorised by my gorgeous look
    HJ: (pretends to pass out) I'm falling
    H: (pretend to fall too) You see, I have that same effect on myself.
    Last edited by il_mare; 08-23-05 at 09:59 AM.

Default Episode 7 Madeleine...In Search Of Lost Time

At the cocktail reception of the hotel opening in Cheju, Sam Soon runs into HW and CR again. HW tries to give Sam Soon a necklace and is caught by Jin Heon. Jin Heon gets into a fight with HW while as Sam Soon and CR got embroiled in a catfight of their own as well.

In the room Sam Soon treats Jin Heon's wound and Jin Heon tells Sam Soon only to listen to him and no one else. Jin Heon also admits that he does not like her to look at other men or talk to other men. Jin Heon lies on Sam Soon's belly and start to tell her about his accident and why he has no right to be happy. He felt he was responsible for his brother and sister-in-law's death. The at the same time, Hee Jin left hm too. He had to go through 5 operations and physiotherapy to walk again. Jin Heon climbed the Hanllyu mountain after he recovered so that he will appear strong in front of Hee Jin when she comes back. He tells Sam Soon again not to be with another man becos he dislikes it. But Jin Heon emphaise it does not imply that he likes her.

Hee Jin appears at the hotel and asks to speak with Jin Heon. Sam Soon refuses to let Jin Heon go and tells him not to look at another woman or listen to another woman except her. She takes Jin Heon away but Jin Heon gets off the taxi to return to the hotel to look for Hee Jin.

Sam Soon tries to stop Jin Heon and admits that that she likes him, but Jin Heon leaves anyway and Sam Soon is left stranded on the highway.

Jin Heon finds Hee Jin in the hotel and finds out from Henry that Hee Jin left Jin Heon because she found out she had gastric cancer. She could not bear to break the news to Jin Heon after his family tragedy which is why she chose such a lame excuse to leave and seek treatment in the States and Henry was her doctor.

In Seoul, Yi Young runs into another episode with Chef Lee again and tore her skirt in the process. Chef Lee lends her his jeans.

Sam Soon goes back to the hotel to look for JH after hitching a hike from a truck that was ferrying pigs. She runs into Henry at the lobby and is stalled by Henry there. Sam Soon leaves for the airport alone and leaves a voioce message on Jin Heon's mobile thanking him for telling her about his story and tells him about her father.

Featured dessert : Madeleine

Favourite Henry moment
    ===============
    Henry goes around Cheju with Hee Jin and asking Hee Jin to consider him as a boyfriend as he is a really nice guy.

Favourite scenes
    ==========
    1) Jin Heon lyin on Sam Soon's belly telling her about his past
    2) Sam Soon and Henrys' conversation at the lobby
    3) Sam Soon leaving a voice message on Jin Heon's mobile and ending her message with "THANK YOU"
    Last edited by il_mare; 08-23-05 at 10:12 AM.

Default Episode 8 Daddy, why is my journey of love so tough?

Jin Heon does not show up for work for 3 days and does not answer his mobile. Sam Soon is upset and worries to death about him. She makes him something one morning and cycle to Jin Heon's house only to find Hee Jin there as well. Sam Soon is upset and vented her anger at Jin Heon, asking him why did he lead her on. Jin Heon admits that he has gotten back with Hee Jin and is willing to terminate their contract but he really meant it when he said he wanted to climb Hanlyu Mountain with Sam Soon. Sam Soon is very upset and leaves the apartment. She falls down because she was so tired she did not sleep the last few nights waiting for Jin Heon. Jin Heon sends Sam Soon to he hospital. As she lays there asleep, he checks his voice messages and hears all the messages Sam Soon left him.

Hee Jin finds out from Yi Young about Jin Heon and Sam Soon's dating contract.

Hee Jin visits Jin Heon's mother to tell her that she is back and she is completely cured and healthy. But Jin Heon's mother turns Hee Jin away as she does not want a sick daughter-in-law.

Favourite lines
    =========
    Sam Soon sees her father and laments to him about her yet again failed relationship
    "I thought I wouldn't cry over a man again. I thought I wouldn't have to do this after I turned 30. I wouldn't feel my heart skip a beat, or stay up all night to wait for a call, do you know how tiring that is? I just want to find a man who likes me, and not break my heart, I just want to lead a simple life that's all. What is going on, I feel this chill. I am falling for a man again. If only if my heart is a little stronger dad."

Default Episode 9 You made a mockery out of my heart

SS pees outside on her way home from drinks and at the same time receive a call from Jin Heon's mother, who invites Sam Soon over to attend Jin Heon's brother's death anniversary. Jin Heon's mother wants to make use of Sam Soon to get rid of Hee Jin.

Sam Soon meets Manager Oh at the service and found out that her son was also involved in the accident.

Sam Soon gives Jin Heon her resignation letter, and Jin Heon takes it and drives off without offering Sam Soon a ride. She takes the bus home and sees Jin Heon waiting for her at her place with a bouquet of flowers. Sam Soon makes him kneel down to beg her not to quit. Jin Heon kneels and Sam Soon accepts the bouquet yet she does not guarantee that she will not quit.

Sam Soon continues to behave love lorn at home and is finally cornered by her mother to tell her what happened. Sam Soon's mother is furious over what happened and goes to the restaurant to kick up a big fuss with Jin Heon. She give Jin Heon the deeds to her house and demands that Sam Soon leaves her job immediately.

Favourite scene
    ==========
    Jin Heon and Sam Soon in the toilet scene
    Type A Patient and introvert - wait for cleaning lady to help
    Type B Full of confidence, believed that he can solved anything with 2 fingers
    Type AB Pick used toilet paper from the bin
    Type O Just walks out
    SS says she will use her socks

Default Episode 10 My name is Kim Hee Jin

Jin Heon finds Sam Soon's note book in the kitchen and starts to read her notes. He misses Sam Soon and text her to come back by promising her a raise. Sam Soon ignore his messages and throws away the dress Jin Heon gave her and bury the bouquet he gave her in the garden.

Jin Heon starts to hear Sam Soon's voice in is apartment. He tries to get rid of the Piggy but to no avail. He accidentally calls Hee Jin Sam Soon when they were out on a date with Mijoo. Hee Jin is disturbed by Jin Heon's action.

Sam Soon decides to start her life anew by changing her name. She gets her mother's approval and goes to the registry to apply for a name change. She dolls herself up for her match make date.

Chef Lee manage to secure a date with Yi Young by insisting that she returns him his pair of jeans. Their date ends up in a one-night stand.

CR and HW sees Sam Soon on a date at the hotel and promptly calls Jin Heon to tell him how quick Sam Soon is in getting herself a new man.

Sam Soon's date does not go well and her date leaves. Coincidentally her previous match made date which was thwarted by Jin Heon was also at the hotel on another unsuccessful match made date. Sam Soon cannot believe her luck and is happy that her life is turning for the better by changing her name.

Jin Heon goes over to the hotel and again dragged Sam Soon out from her date . Sam Soon is very upset with what Jin Heon did and told him that her date may be the last man and the last chance for her. Jin Heon tells Sam Soon that she is attractive, but it is just that she doesn't know it.

Favourite scenes
    ==========
    1) Chef Lee asking Yi Young to sleep with him
    2) Jin Heon telling Sam Soon that she is attractive
    Last edited by il_mare; 08-23-05 at 10:59 AM.

Default Episode 11 Don't say it's a slip up, because this is the second kiss

Jin Heon tells Sam Soon again that he hates seeing her with other men. Sam Soon tells Jin Heon that it's over between them, but Jin Heon says it is not until Sam Soon returns him the KRW 50 million. HW overhears Jin Heon asking Sam Soon to return him the KRW 50 million, and end up in a fight in front of Sam Soon's house. Sam Soon orders Jin Heon to leave and never to see each other again. Then she tries to chase HW away as well, but he tries to kiss her and Sam Soon calls for her mother claiming that there's a pervert. That worked and HW runs away.

Yi Young plans to return the money to Jin Heon by selling the house her ex-husband gave her and use to remainder of the cash to start a shop with Sam Soon.

Jin Heon can't get Sam Soon out of his head. He calls her in the middle of the night and insists that Sam Soon take her bicycle back. Sam Soon asks Jin Heon whether he likes her and he flatly denies it.

Chef Lee asks Yi Young out again and they ended up with another one-night stand.

HW takes Sam Soon out for a drink at Jin Heon's mother's hotel. They bump into Jin Heon. HW asks Sam Soon to marry him, but Sam Soon refuses unless he calls it off with CR. Jin Heon intercepts Sam Soon and HWs' drinks and drags a screaming Sam Soon away.

Jin Heon takes Sam Soon into the gents and kiss Sam Soon. He confesses that he likes her and can't get her out of his head.
    Last edited by il_mare; 08-13-05 at 10:31 PM.

Default Episode 12 So what? I am only 30 years old!

Sam Soon asks Jin Heon what is he going to do about Hee Jin. He says he is still thinking. Sam Soon is upset as she hatees two-timers. She tells Jin Heon to sort it out with Hee Jin before he comes looking for her. She also tells Jin Heon that she has filed to change her name. Jin Heon is shock and orders her not to do it. Sam Soon tells Jin Heon that a two-timer like him has no right to tell her what to do. Jin Heon says it is Kim Sam Soon he likes not Kim Hee Jin. Sam Soon is adamant as changing her name is the first objective in her life.

Hee Jin looks for Sam Soon to tell her not to disturb him. Sam Soon denied any wrong doing and firmly states that she has no interest in breaking them up but if Jin Heon chooses her, she will not turn him away.

Sam Soon starts to learn the piano.

Hee Jin asked Henry whether she should have left. Henry said he would have stay and fought through together, no matter what. HJ regrets her decision now she is mad with her choice.

Sam Soon receives te money from her sister and see Jin Heon to repay him the KRW 50 mio. Jin Heon tears up Sam Soon's cheque, and replied that and told her to cancel her name change request. SS is pissed at how lightly he did with her money. JH says he view SS more than the money.

SS received notice that her name change is approved yet she feels lost.

Hee Jin and Jin Heon had an unhappy date. Hee Jin seek solace with Henry again while as Jin Heon goes to his mother's place and spends the night reading to MiJoo.

Sam Soon decides to climb the Hanllu mountain on her birthday as a gesture to end it with Jin Heon there. She swears all her way up and was surprise to see Jin Heon at the top waiting for her. The storm was so strong she thought she was hallucinating.

Favourite lines
    =========
    Responding to Hee Jin's request to stop distracting Jin Heon
    "Yoo Hee Jin si, I have never distracted him. Furthermore, you have no right to give me any orders.....I have never coveted for things that are not mine, nor have I taken anything that is not mine. But if he comes to me, I will take him in."

Favourite scene
    ==========
    1) Sam Soon on piano and seducing Jin Heon scene. Didn't I told you to lose some weight? Didn't you say that you like this belly.
    2) Sam Soon thought of going to look for Henry scene.
    3) Swearing up her hike, and then meeting Jin Heon at the top
    Last edited by il_mare; 08-13-05 at 10:36 PM.

Default Episode 13 Ways to break up with her...

At the top of the top, Jin Heon proposes anotherdating contract and he will pay Sam Soon KRW 100 million for a contract with no expiry and physical contact allowed. Sam Soon refuses Jin Heon flatly. But she gets hungry and asks Jin Heon for some food. Jin Heon gave her chocolate cake and seaweed soup in celebration of her birthday.

Both spent the nite in the same room but Sam Soon refuses Jin Heon's advances until she lose at least 10 kg. Jin Heon tries to force his way and ends up getting beaten up by Sam Soon. Sam Soon shows Jin Heon her application approval for her name change which Jin Heon promptly tears up. Sam Soon goes hysterical over what he did and beat Jin Heon until he nose bled.

Hee Jin goes to visit the palace with Henry and tries to contact Jin Heon. Hee Jin teases Henry to get her some carps from the pond. And told him he is allowed to do so in the palace pond. Henry took her seriously and tried to do so with Hee Jin pulling him back laughing that she was just joking.

Sam Soon starts to looks for a shop space with her sister to start her own business.

Jin Heon's mother finds out about Jin Heon spending the night with Sam Soon and decides to visit Sam Soon's mother where she found out that Jin Heon had actually entered into a love contract with Sam Soon to escape marriage pressure from her.

Jin Heon looks for Henry to play basketball and swim. He picks a fight along the way with Henry. He was trying to test Henry to find out what kind of a guy Henry is.

Chef Lee asks Yi Young out again and ask her to date him exclusively. Yi Young flatly refuses and tells him that he is not her type.

CR looks for Sam Soon and threw flour at her for breaking her engagement. Sam Soon takes CR to the sauna and told her that she did CR a favor. On her way home after that, she sees HW at her door. HW confesses his love again to Sam Soon her. Sam Soon grabs him at his crouch and told that her mother had always warned her about men like him, once a cheat always a cheat.

Jin Heon goes over to Hee Jin place and breaks up with her

Favourite scene
    ==========
    1) Sam Soon and Jin Heon at the top of the mountain and in the room
    2) Henry playing basketball.
    Last edited by il_mare; 08-13-05 at 10:46 PM.

Default Episode 14 The foundations of falling in love

Jin Heon's mother calls Jin Heon to beat him up over his dating contract with Sam Soon. Jin Heon remains emotionless to his mother's hysterical reaction.

Sam Soon goes to look for Jin Heon at his apartment and takes care of him. She finds out that Jin Heon has broken up with Hee Jin.

Jin Heon asks Sam Soon how long must he wait for her to lose weight. Sam Soon says 2 months. Jin Heon says what is he to do for the time being. Sam Soon replied that are lots to do, and as her boyfriend there are at least 7 things she wants to do with him
    1. Hold hands and walk down the street
    2. Have a picture of her boyfriend in her cell phone
    3. Drink beer and go all the way to pecan
    4. Boyfriend to say he loves "I love kimheejin" in public (to other people)
    5. Watch a scary movie together...and make out...
    6. Buy couple rings
    7. Meet her family

Hee Jin stopped eating after her breakup. Henry brings her food and tells her a story about his mother making him porridge when he was sick. Hee Jin is coached by Henry into eating.

Yi Young bumps into her sister as she was making out with Jin Heon in the cinema while she was on a date with Chef Lee. She asks Sam Soon what is going on and in turn Sam Soon asks Yi Young what is happening between her and Chef Lee.

Jin Heon visits Sam Soon's mum and brings a dog as a gift. He is grilled by Sam Soon's mother about his intentions and sincerity towards Sam Soon. He finally wins her over after a few drinks and a karaoke session.

Hee Jin gets admitted to the hospital for eating problems. Jin Heon visits her in the hospital and is upset abput her condition. Hee Jin wants to be discharged immediately and Jin Heon agrees provided if she agrees to stay at his place for the night for him to look after her.

Sam Soon fails to get in touch with Jin Heon and decides to look for him at his apartment. She runs into Jin Heon holding Hee Jin in the elevator of his place.

Favourite scenes
    ==========
    1)Jin Heon and Sam Soon doing the 7 things which Sam Soon wants to do when she dating
    2)Jin Heon planting a man at the registry to foil Sam Soon's attempts to lodge her application to change her name
    Last edited by il_mare; 08-15-05 at 10:18 AM.

Default Episode 15 The old rules of being in love

Jin Heon explains to Sam Soon that Hee Jin is ill and will be staying just for the night. Although Sam Soon is unhappy with Jin Heon's continued association with Hee Jin, she let Hee Jin stay and she promise to make porriage for Hee Jin the next day.

Sam Soon makes porridge for Hee Jin and brings it to Jin Heon's apartment the next morning only to find out that Hee Jin had already left. Sam Soon delivers the porriage to Hee Jin's apartment but Hee Jin refuses her porridge. Sam Soon admits that she feels guilty towards Hee Jin. Hee Jin still refuses to accept Sam Soon's kindness. The 2 girls get into a catfight, and Henry comes in.

Sam Soon tries to teach Henry how to play Korean cards while Hee Jin is on the drip. Hee Jin can't bear to see Henry lose and joins the game although she detests the presence of Sam Soon, and manage to win the game for Henry.

Hee Jin decides to go back to the States and asks Jin Heon to accompany her back as a last favor from him.

Sam Soon and Jin Heon takes Mijoo to the acquarium. They go back to Jin Heon's apartment and Sam Soon reads the MoMo story to Mijoo. Mijoo falls asleep and Jin Heon tells Sam Soon about his trip to the States with Hee Jin. Sam Soon is upset and they got into an argument. Mijoo wakes up from their fighting ans started to cry. She spoke for the first time in many years, and it left Sam Soon and Jin Heon shocked.

Sam Soon and Jin Heon are on a cold war over the trip. Sam Soon goes to see Hee Jin and asked her what is going on. Hee Jin returns the canister, which was used to hold the porridge. She tells Sam Soon that it is a break-up trip for Jin Heon and herself.

Chef Lee asks Yi Young to marry him but she refuses as she does not want to get married again.

Sam Soon finally agrees to let Jin Heon go to the States with Hee Jin and Jin Heon agrees to let Sam Soon change her name.

At the registry, Sam Soon, decides to tear up her name change application and not to change her name.

Favourite Henry moment:
    ================
    Henry asks Hee Jin whether she feels anything when she is with him. Hee Jin flatly denies it and Henry says: Have you noticed that everyone else seems to be moving forward and you seem to be stuck in the past. You are like a frozen clock. You need me to change you batteries. What kind do you take? Alkaline? Energizer? Nice Pass....

Favourite scene
    ==========
    1)Sam Soon talks to her dog and told it never to fall in love. Then she receives a call from Jin Heon and she tells the dog that she changed her mind, it is nice to fall in love. And she will find the dog a partner.
    2)Sam Soon playing cards with Henry
    3)Jin Heon's expression when Mijoo spoke
    Last edited by il_mare; 08-15-05 at 10:16 AM.

Default Episode 16 Love, like you have never been hurt before

Jin Heon left for the States but did not return in 1 week as he had promised.
    Sam Soon thought she is dumped once again as she does not hear a word from him. Her business is not exactly doing well either. She bumps into the same guys she was match made with twice and both times her dates were ruined by Jin Heon. She agrees to catch a movie with the guy only to be hijacked by Jin Heon who appeared out of nowhere.

Jin Heon decided to take a trip on hs own after he sent Hee Jin home. He has been sending postcard to the wrong address which is why Sam Soon did not hear from him. He didn't want to call as he was afraid that he may just come home when he hears Sam Soon's voice.

Sam Soon spends the night with Jin Heon. She wants Jin Heon to say "I Love You" which he refused as he has never done that before. Sam Soon manages to manhandle Jin Heon into doing it but insists the next time he must be sincere and forthcoming with his "I Love You'. Jin Heon tries to snuggle up to Sam Soon, but Sam Soon insists that Jin Heon gets protection as she does not want to be a pregnant bride.

Hee Jin calls Sam Soon from the States when Jin Heon was away searching for "protection". Hee Jin thanks Sam Soon for letting Jin Heon go to the States with her. Then Sam Soon told Hee Jin never to call her again.

Henry tells Hee Jin that he is going to volunteer at MSF in Africa. Hee Jin begs him to stay until she graduates so that she can go with him, and Henry kisses her and she has this blissful look on her face.

Jin Heon comes back from his trip to purchase "protection" but finds that Sam Soon has fallen asleep.

Jin Heon takes Sam Soon home and ask for permission to be married. He lies to his mother that Sam Soon is pregnant. Jin Heon's mother does not believe Jin Heon and asks for Sam Soon to see a doctor with her.

Jin Heon and Sam Soon finally gets laid to make babies. They did it until it was dark and both had tissue stuck in their nose. As she lays in bed with Jin Heon she dreams of talking with her father. She shares her happiness and her insecurities with her father and her father congratulate her in her dreams.

Sam Soon did not get pregnant but she realizes one small dream - playing "Can't Help Falling in Love" on the piano for Jin Heon. Although their relationship still faces strong objection from Jin Heon's mother, and her business is still struggling but Jin Heon and Sam Soon remains firmly in love as they live each day as though there's no tomorrow.

Favourite lines
    =========
    "The babies fairy did not visit us that night, and Jin Heon's mum is still against our marriage. But we are very much in love, we still fight, but then we make up. Laughing and crying as we date. Sometimes the thought of breaking up crosses my mind. But that is what dating is all about. But there is nothing to be afraid of becos now I understand what I am suppose to do. That is to work hard at my baking, and my love like it was the end of the world like I have never been hurt before. Just like I learn to love Kim Sam Soon more."

Love like you've never been hurt before
    Dance like no one is looking
    Love like you've never been hurt before
    Work like you don't need the money
    Sing like no one is listening
    Live like today is the last day
    Last edited by il_mare; 08-15-05 at 10:13 AM.

Default my lovely sam soon

I am trying to find out where I can download episodes of the show. So far I am
    only able to find episode 1. Can anyone give me any help?
    misshonee
    rahrah: :

il_mare,

Thanks for the summary. I started the sam-soon series this week and finished half of it. I like it so much. By the way, does anyone know the name of Jin Heon?

Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by emma_c
    By the way, does anyone know the name of Jin Heon?
    You mean the name of the actor who plays him? Hyun Bin.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")