Thread: does castration or bixie/flower sutra cause effeminacy?

Default does castration or bixie/flower sutra cause effeminacy?

in XAJH they all seem to have some degree of effeminacy after castration and learning bixie and flower sutra skills with DFBB being the most affected.so is it the castration or learning the skills that causes it?

ill say its the castration, apparantly u lose ur manliness along with ur balls

iirc

balls gone, testerone gone, manhood gone

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

i think it's learning the skill that causes it. just look at DFBB, he learned the whole thing hence the severity.

nah its not just the skill. look at the eunachs. most of them never learnt any kung fu yet theyre sissys

Testes make testosterone, which is responsible for the masculine features, esp during puberty.

Eununches techniquely should have no sex drive/libido, so remain faithful servants.

Some guys who've had prostate cancer sometimes need to have their testicles surgically removed. They do lose their sex drive (as well as their capacity to copulate), but I don't think their behavior necessarily becomes effeminate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Some guys who've had prostate cancer sometimes need to have their testicles surgically removed. They do lose their sex drive (as well as their capacity to copulate), but I don't think their behavior necessarily becomes effeminate.
    that's coz they take testosterone supplements. If you have both ur testes removed without taking any supplements u will become effeminate.
    Everything in the World can be solved by Violence, Diplomacy is a waste of time...Just ask George W. Bush

wow lol.....i kinda just assumed, when watching the series, that cause those who castrate themselves got no penis they just become 'half man half woman'. And they just castrate the frank right? I mean the beans should still be there.....
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

if im not mistaken everything thats hanging out goes

I think the penis stays, the testes have to go

Quote Originally Posted by kamii
    wow lol.....i kinda just assumed, when watching the series, that cause those who castrate themselves got no penis they just become 'half man half woman'. And they just castrate the frank right? I mean the beans should still be there.....
    sorry NO. castration refers to removal of the testes. also called an orchidectomy for euphemism...or what they call it today. yes they teach us that stuff in dental school too....
    Everything in the World can be solved by Violence, Diplomacy is a waste of time...Just ask George W. Bush

o ok....haha interesting......

just think of the mental torture you'd have to go thtough cutting off your own testes......the will power needed to do so, the desire for power so great you'd sacrifice manhood for it....
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

so what happens when u lose just 1 of ur nuts ? is 1 nut enuff to maintain ones manliness ?

Quote Originally Posted by kamii
    o ok....haha interesting......

just think of the mental torture you'd have to go thtough cutting off your own testes......the will power needed to do so, the desire for power so great you'd sacrifice manhood for it....
    happened a lot in history. Check out the Ming Dynasty (coincidentally, the same time as XAJH) and even there was corruption duing the later Tang Dynasty. I believe it was called the Era of the Dew... Historians back me up and teach me about this, I am not a historian.

If you lose one of your nuts, usually due to accident or cancer like Lance Armstrong, you should be fine. THe one testicle usually compensates for the missing one. SOme people for psychological reasons implant a fake testicle.
    Last edited by TheRealMan; 08-24-05 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    so what happens when u lose just 1 of ur nuts ? is 1 nut enuff to maintain ones manliness ?
    Rapper Tupac Shakur survived for quite some time with just one testicle. He lost the other one when he was shot five times during an attack. He appeared to be quite manly and was still chasing the ladies so my guess is that one testicle is quite enough.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    Rapper Tupac Shakur survived for quite some time with just one testicle. He lost the other one when he was shot five times during an attack. He appeared to be quite manly and was still chasing the ladies so my guess is that one testicle is quite enough.
    ROFL
    If You Love something, Let it Go...
    If It Comes Back Then It's Yours...
    If It Doesn't Then It Never Was...

Since you must rid yourself of that particular male organ, I was wondering if a woman can sucessfully parctice the flower sutra?

Quote Originally Posted by shen long View Post
    in XAJH they all seem to have some degree of effeminacy after castration and learning bixie and flower sutra skills with DFBB being the most affected.so is it the castration or learning the skills that causes it?
    My take away upon reading is that there are a bunch of thing going on. Not only is there this dramatic act, but then the practitioner is taking all sorts of herbs and special treatments (mentioned in the context of Dongfang Bubai's training regimen), as well as the fact that the training itself is implied to have a very powerful pychological effect on its own, which is why it is "evil."

I think the castration is just the hurdle that the practitioner is willing to self harm and go down that route.

If you are asking about real life, it doesn't work that way at all. If the penis gets amputated or is injured it is basically just like any other large injury like losing a hand or eye, it can be mentally traumatic or not, depending on the person or circumstance. Some people just keep going on with their lives. It typically ends up being a private matter. You may know someone who has had such an injury, but they just keep it private.

If the testicles are remove prior to puberty there are a lot of physiological changes that happen and effect teenage development. The Italian castrati (you can do a quick Google search) are probably the most well understood example, as someone nowadays would most likely take hormone replacement therapy if they live in a developed country and have some sort of injury to both testicles. In this case, the boy does not go through puberty and often ends up with a higher voice (why it was done in Italy to produce singers), little facial/body hair, and often being quite tall (long bones don't fuze early so keep growing).

If it an adult male loses his testicles then he suffers from the endocrine problem of low testosterone which you can have even without loss of the testicles (for example testosterone goes down with aging) leading to things like low sex drive, muscle atrophy, bone density loss, and often lower energy. People in modern times can take testosterone supplementation, but if the balance swings too much the other way they can have problems like prostate growth and even breast development (excess testosterone can actually convert to estrogen in the both, they are very closely related hormones). You can look up "low testosterone."

My impression from the books is that it was removal of both testicles and penis, and there might be some translation issues. However, my understanding is that the traditional Chinese eunuchs that served the Emperor had both penis and testicles removed, so that is another reason I think this was implied, as the original creator was a palace eunuch.

Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng View Post
    Mostly the other is able to take over. It's not that rare. Lots of men only have 1.

It was much more common in olden times as well because it could be caused by mumps infection. Now most boys get vaccinated and mumps infection is really rare.