Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Days

yeah me too, I want to buy the OST! Anybody knows?

Finished up the series last night and I thought the scenes that Lee Byung Hun spent time with Choi Ji Woo after finding out she was sick to be very cute and touching. My most memorable scene in the last few tapes would be when Lee Byung Hun brought Choi Ji Woo to see a comedy movie. He pulled Choi Ji Woo to lay on his shoulder and she was like tearing at that point. Lee Byung Hun was laughing at the movie, yet he was also silently crying That was a great scene!!!

One scene that got me so hard was when Lee Byung Hun went over ot Choi Ji Woo's house and the two where laying on the bed hugging. Then Nae-ra comes in and the two were all scattering apart!! LOL, Lee Byung Hun said he was going to leave, but Nae-ra kept pushing him back onto the bed next to Choi Ji Woo

This series was great :thumbsup The beginning got the setting and the mystery to it. Then towards the middle it got better with Lee Byung Hun and Choi Ji Woo's relationship. But maybe its just me, the ending to the series really made me a bit dissapointed. I really did not like how they used a illiness to pull Choi Ji Woo and Lee Byung Hun together and also don't like why they had to cut out some scenes!!!!! Oh and there were still some unanswered questions to me.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

my impression is actually LBH wanted to reconcile with CJW before he found out bout her illness
    but she rejected his idea (when she accidentally went to his company's grand opening, he went after her ... but she avoided him)
    but yea, i agree .... her sickness drove LBH to went after her ALL the WAY

if i'm not mistaken, the korean audiences played a major role in the story
    1st. CJW was supposedly going out with Ryu Shi Won, instead of Lee Byung Hun
    but the audience polls approved the other way around
    2nd. CJW was supposed to die of her illness .. (regardless whom she ended up with) .... again, the poll wanted the other way around

so the ending is kinda forced or weird a bit
    especially it's leukimia ...
    the writer should have came up with better idea than cancer and/or illness
    it's becoming so typical in many k-dramas
    now .... i start to have withdrawal

I only heard about the Korean audience polling about the ending for Choi Ji Woo. Not about who she would be with, but happy they did that since she matches so well with Lee Byung Hun!!!

Yeah I guess before he found out that Choi Ji Woo was even sick, he did want to be with her again or so. But I felt as though he did that out of guilt in a way since he felt taht there was something strange about her and breaking up with her might of caused it.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Does that mean he got back together with her out of pity???? That's not right!
    It's so funny how we set up qualifications for the one we love while at the back of our mind we know that the one we truly love will always be an exception!

Did a serial marathon last night since I had to go back to school today, and among the series was Beautiful Days' ending.

One: why was it called Beautiful Days? My mom and I couldn't figure it out. There weren't too many beautiful days in this movie...

Two: while the ending was cute, it was definitely too contrived and rushed. One second she's going into surgery. The next, Sena is on stage thanking everyone. I thought I blinked and missed something! However, it was a happy ending so at least the leukemia is not responsible for ruining yet another happy ending.

Three: did anyone noticed Ryu Shi Won's icky hair at the end? Ew! He still looked pretty good, but I liked it a little more wild. The whole slicked back look is really lame, and so few guys can pull it off.

Goddess: the scene on the bed was hilarious! I laughed so hard. Definitely good comic relief for what was getting to be a pretty tedious portion of the series.
    “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.”
    - Albert Einstein

Hey lilvietangelgirl Nah, I don't think it would be considered pity that he got back together with her since he did truely love her. (Finally he told her that he loved her, I think he only said it 3 times?)

1: Hmmmmm, why is it called Beautiful Days? Lol, sometimes there really isn't a reason for a series title. But to me I thought that the title Beautiful Days was describing the beautiful days in the series. Lol, yes not too many of them, but still there were some that were memorable.

2: Yup, I dont' like how they ended the series so quickly like that. Well it did show her being brought out of surgery and then a Lee Byung Hun shows a sign of relief and happiness. Yet still some unanswered questions or maybe I just missed something. Who was the donor for Choi Ji Woo? What happened to Lee Byung Hun's father? What about his sister? How bout Sena and Ryu Shi Won?

3: Hmmm, dont' quite remember much on Ryu Shi Won's hair. Lol, was paying full attention to Lee Byung Hun Hmmm, but one thing I noticed on RSW was that he looked really good in a suit!!!! Maybe its just me, but when he was dressed more casually, he looked not that good. Could have been the clothing and that huge backpack he was always carrying around though But when he wore a suit or was a bit more formal, he looked nice

LOL Yes, that bed scene was hilarious and I'm glad for it!!!! Your so right about it making the mood on the whole Choi Ji Woo might die thing less tense and more happy. I was soooo amused with that!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

no, I think Lee Byung Hun didn't get back with Choi Ji Woo because he pitied her.
    At the elevator, I think he wanted to get back with her already, but she rejected him.
    Also after their date, when he ran back to comfort her, he thanked her for giving him a reason to come back to her. After his father went bankrupted, he felt she had no use for him, but now he knew she needed him. I thyink it's one of those inferior complex syndromes he was suffering from when he broke up with her. Besides, he was willing to get back with her eventhough he knew she had cancer. That's true love because a lot of people would have ran.

Anyways, elsabeth, how is the quality of the VCDs from the website you posted? Is it in Viet right? Do you know whether they will have some of the cut off scenes? Thanks.

BTW, is there any chance that Lee Byung Hun and Choi Ji Woo will act together again? Can we request the Korean series production to do that? Thanks.

I was so touched when he thanked her for giving him a reason to go back to him Hmmm, I dont know. You can tell that he still loved her and indeed wanted to be together with her again, but then when she rejected him I felt that he would let it pass. If he hadn't been told of her illness, I dont' think he would have been so forceful for her to be with him. Also he wouldnt' have went to see her and also pulled her to eat with him, go to the movies with him, take a photo with him, and etc. But of course, it wasn't pity since he doesn't seem like a person who would pity another. You know what I mean? lol, don't know how to describe the feeling!! Yups, thats true love!!!! Even pity can't drive someone to treat the other like how Lee Byung Hun treated Choi Ji Woo. From his actions and everything you can tell.

Also another scene where I was really touched would be the scene that Lee Byung Hun and Choi JI Woo was in his room hugging and in comes his father His father starts saying all this stuff and then leaves. Lee Byung Hun comes out of the room and Choi Ji Woo quickly goes on into her and Minh Ji's room. So he's standing out there saying "I want you to meet my mother. My mother is a women who can cry easily and also smile easily. I wonder if she meets you would she cry or smile? I think she will cry. She will hold your hand and cry, but be very happy. She'll thank you......thank you for loving her son." Omg, I remember that part soooooooo well!!!!!!

Hmmm, I dont' think they might be able to star in anotehr series together, but we never know. I sure hope so though!!!! Just make sure that they end up together, hehe
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour

3: Hmmm, dont' quite remember much on Ryu Shi Won's hair. Lol, was paying full attention to Lee Byung Hun Hmmm, but one thing I noticed on RSW was that he looked really good in a suit!!!! Maybe its just me, but when he was dressed more casually, he looked not that good. Could have been the clothing and that huge backpack he was always carrying around though But when he wore a suit or was a bit more formal, he looked nice

One scene that got me so hard was when Lee Byung Hun went over ot Choi Ji Woo's house and the two where laying on the bed hugging. Then Nae-ra comes in and the two were all scattering apart!! LOL, Lee Byung Hun said he was going to leave, but Nae-ra kept pushing him back onto the bed next to Choi Ji Woo
    3. don't care abt ryu shiwon!!

was there any bed scene? I don't remember!! Man, maybe I ahve to rewatch again!! It's been a long time and I have a poor memory.. can anybody post the bed scene??
    gam sah ham ni dah!

I'm obsessed with this movie. I have to say it's my most favorite of all time. Lee Byung Hun is SO CUTE. I love him! I love his smile. I like how he looks so cold but serious but yet so cute ! And the love he has for her is just so admirable! Oh well, it's only in the movie hihihi. They look so cute together.
    I want to buy the DVD so bad, but they only come on VCD. Let me know if you guys know where I can get the DVD version of it
    Thanks .
    Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one is watching... Party like there is no tomorrow

Originally posted by siryu
    3. don't care abt ryu shiwon!!

was there any bed scene? I don't remember!! Man, maybe I ahve to rewatch again!! It's been a long time and I have a poor memory.. can anybody post the bed scene??
    gam sah ham ni dah!
    Yup there was a bed scene, it was quite hilarious. This is how it went.

So after Lee Byung Hun found out about Choi Ji Woo's illness, he decided to spend more time with her. So after the two went to buy lovers t-shirts, they went to drink some coffee or so, and he brought her home. He ws about to leave when her nose started to bleed so he brought her into the house. After her nose stopped bleeding he sits there and talks with her. Then he gives her a little peak on teh cheek and asks where is that picture the two went to take together. She pulls it out from a drawer and he places it on the desk next to the bed. So Choi Ji Woo tells him to go and he is going to, but lays on the bed resting instead. He motions for her to lay down next to him and she does. The two start talking and they hug one anotehr there. Suddenly Nae-ra walks in and her voice calls in saying "Choi Ji Woo, I'm home." Lee Byung Hun and Choi Ji Woo hearing her voice and seeing her walk in suddenly jump and seperate. (Lee Byung Hun looked hilarious at that scene) Well then he said he should leave, but Nae-ra kept pushing him on the bed to stay, but he goes. Nae-ra sits on the bed next to Choi Ji Woo and is like you two back together? Lee Byung Hun suddenly reappears and leans down to the bed and picks up his cell phone that he dropped. He stands up to go, but quietly whispers good night to Choi Ji Woo.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I went and bought the CD soundtrack today! I really enjoy the CD! Love the song from Zero. I wonder if Zero is a real singer from Korea? Do you guys know?
    Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one is watching... Party like there is no tomorrow

Oh you brought it? Can hardly find any chinese CD's over here!!! Well isn't Zero supposedly Ryu Shi Won? And Ryu Shi Won is a singer. He has such a good voice Hmmm, I wonder if there really is a website about Zero like in the sereis, hehe. You know waht my favorite scene for Ryu Shi Won is? It would be the scene right after Lee Byung Hun and Choi Ji Woo were on their honeymoon and he is in his apartment. He was looking at the drawing Choi Ji Woo had giving him when young and started playing on the piano and singing. That is my favorite song throughout the whole series and I was really touched when he sang.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yeah, I did , I bought the CD! If you guys have streamload account, leave your streamload here ( in the next 4 days cuz my streamload account is expired in 4 days) and I will beam it to your accounts.
    Great songs!

Hehehe, oh thanks lots HKPuppy!!!! My account is goddessofhonour1988. Hope its still alive, hehe Oh 9 days left!!!
    Last edited by goddessofhonour; 08-31-03 at 05:56 PM.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Can you send it to me too???
    ID: hangie
    Thanks!!! *muah*

Beamed to both of your account!

Oh! How lovely! Can I request it, too (ID: phuongan)? Please and thank you.

I adore Ryu Shi Won. It helps that he's good looking, but his voice is the most wonderful thing about him. It's so nice. I loved the title song to Beautiful Days.
    “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.”
    - Albert Einstein