Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Days

Thumbs up

Beautiful Days is one of the best Korean dramas that I've watched so far. It has a good plot, good characterizations, great acting by the leads (CJW, LBH, RSW, Lee Jung Hyun, Shi Min Ah), and excellent OST! Though the story slows down a few episodes toward the end, it picked up pace again. I also like it because it focuses not only on the love story, but also on friendships and family relationships. Some may not agree, but it reminds me of some of the best HK dramas of the 90s such as "Greed of Man", "The Big Family" (Da Zhia Zhu), "Wo Pen Shan Liang" etc.

I would like to add that LBH is really excellent here. He's one big factor why the series has a big impact on me!
    "The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable."
    - Mark Twain
    "Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."
    - Psalm 90:12

Yupz i'ma fan of Byung Hun's too! I love his smile!
    I didn't really like Ryu Si Won in this show but personally he's got a charming smile and great personality in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly_Chic
    Awww, how lucky of you Angel!!!!! Can't believe that you'll probably see LBH in person! Please do reaccount to us all the happenings!! I'm so excited for you!
    Imagine how lucky it is to meet 'our honey' in person- I'll probably NEVER have that chance!
    And yes, do indeed do all the hugging, autograph signing, and yes, DROOLING for me and mbslee!

Thanks for your well-wishes, I in turn, hope that you have had a wonderful New Year celebration!
    Greetings drooling club members .. Sparkly, mbslee, il_mare, all droolers welcome too ...

First i must apologise for late report ... ..... ...

Arrival .. 18th feb Friday ... 6 pm .... was at airport ..almost everyone came in pink waiting anxiously, hoping at least lucky to shake his hands ... ... when he finally came out at 6.45 pm there was a mad rush towards him ..... he stopped to be garlanded ...smiles ... took off his shades ... smiles and was ushered towards his merc ....... everything over in about 7 mins !! ...he is so goodlooking in person ... droolsome man that i gotta wear a bib !!! .... .. we followed him to hotel but never did get chance to see him ...

Pte Fans Meet ..19th feb Sat ... (can't rmb exact time) between 3-4 pm .... so happy to be one of lucky 100 included in his private fan's meet .... it included some fans from japan , hongkong n malaysia too. .... he said he specially came to see us fans here as he had promised .... he was calm ... speak slowly in his sexy low tone and in purrfect english with so much sincerity ..... we had group pictures taken .. then there was questions/answers segment ... notable was when asked "which was his most memorial film/drama" .... he smiled his cool smile and said ... i know you all like Beautiful Days but he said he felt empty doing it .... he continued slowly ...... must be "Bungee Jumping" he likes Bungee Jumping ..

The sad thing was .... i think everyone of us should hv known by now that the lead actress Lee Eun Ju killed herself monday afternoon ...he arrived back in seoul that very morning .....

20th feb sunday .... at Bishan Junction 8 which is big shopping mall ... where the likes of Andy Lau ... Faye Wong .. Tony Leung .. F4 .. 5566 ... you name it ... most of big name stars does their promotions here ...... our BH ... was all smiles ..was mesmerising .... really proud he carried himself so well he passed with flying colours ...... he stayed only for 25 mins and can see that fans could not get enough of him .... he told crowds that he loved s'pore so much ... the food ... he mentioned satay ... otah ...and that should he holiday with his family anytime .. it would be here in sunny singapore ... to our surprised .... he extended his stay by another day ... ... the fans went wild !! ....

Departure .. 21st feb Monday .... Me and friend went to hotel at 2pm for lunch ... we left our DVDs and some of his pics at reception for him to sign .... .. to our delight it came back at 3.45 pm after our lunch ... all signed !!! .... we found out later ..... that after signing for us he went shopping at Takashimaya in Orchard Rd ... even had food at foodcourt like all common s'poreans do ...... he's very interested in how we live or where we hang out during weekends ...

He check in pretty late at airport due to his time out in town .... as usual ... there were mad rush at him as he was mobbed again .....this time ... i watched by sideline ..... happy and contended that i've finally met him .... hoping one day i m able to hv a picture taken with him .... all too soon he was gone 7 mins after arrival and into departure hall ..... ....

22nd Tuesday ............... BACK TO REALITY ....

Wink How Fortunate

Hi everyone, I'm new here though definitely not new to BD. My box of VCD is right next to my bed and I must watch a couple of episodes before I can sleep everyday. A couple of discs are scratched already. Trying to get my hands on DVD version, if still cannot get, think will have to get another set of VCD.

How I envy you! So fortunate that you are able to 'follow' him.

Quote Originally Posted by LBHCRAZE
    Hi everyone, I'm new here though definitely not new to BD. My box of VCD is right next to my bed and I must watch a couple of episodes before I can sleep everyday. A couple of discs are scratched already. Trying to get my hands on DVD version, if still cannot get, think will have to get another set of VCD.

How I envy you! So fortunate that you are able to 'follow' him.

Yes, Beautiful Days are my all time favourite.

I have both DVD and VCD set.

I'm lucky to get the DVD set with dual sound (Korean and Chinese with
    chinese sub).

You can get the DVD set from Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_jamz
    Yupz i'ma fan of Byung Hun's too! I love his smile!
    I didn't really like Ryu Si Won in this show but personally he's got a charming smile and great personality in real life.
    hi slow_jamz ..

RHW was the one that caught my eyes initially but as story progress ... i fell head over heals in love with BH ... and he still is my nos 1 .... RSW melts you with his slitty eyes when he smiles yeah and yes great personality .... hmmm... i know you like fann too..

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_8
    hi slow_jamz ..

RHW was the one that caught my eyes initially but as story progress ... i fell head over heals in love with BH ... and he still is my nos 1 .... RSW melts you with his slitty eyes when he smiles yeah and yes great personality .... hmmm... i know you like fann too..

Hi Angel 8

Yes, now I also like Ryu Si Won because of his great personality that
    I had collected his 3 singing albums.

His latest album will release in April 2005.

Yesterday, I rewatched his drama "Truth", found out in this drama, he
    just looks like the way he is in real person.

I miss LBH too and also hope to see him again.

Angel_8

I am green with envy!!! But.....

WHERE R THE PICTURES????!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lovewinter
    Yes, Beautiful Days are my all time favourite.

I have both DVD and VCD set.

I'm lucky to get the DVD set with dual sound (Korean and Chinese with
    chinese sub).

You can get the DVD set from Hong Kong.
    Thanks!!! Did they 'chop' any scene, esp the touching ones? Hmm...better start to 'cho cho' people to plan a trip to HK since NATAS fair coming....

Tho a LBH craze, also like RSW, got 'Truth' too but don't watch as often.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_8
    hi slow_jamz ..

Wow hey how did you know that?

Smile

angel_8,
    Wow good for you!! At least you get to see him in person already. Yeah do post pics to share with us

To all,
    I'm really glad that I bought the original VCD of this series (& did not copy), 'coz it's really worth the money. At least I can watch it again .
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by LBHCRAZE
    Thanks!!! Did they 'chop' any scene, esp the touching ones? Hmm...better start to 'cho cho' people to plan a trip to HK since NATAS fair coming....

Tho a LBH craze, also like RSW, got 'Truth' too but don't watch as often.

Do you mean they have some missing scenes?

I'm not sure because only watch a few episode and now the DVD set is
    with my friend.

Where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueOBC
    angel_8,
    Wow good for you!! At least you get to see him in person already. Yeah do post pics to share with us

To all,
    I'm really glad that I bought the original VCD of this series (& did not copy), 'coz it's really worth the money. At least I can watch it again .
    The VCD doesn't have English subtitles right?

I don't think there's an official DVD release of BD w/ English subtitles yet...unless it was copied by somebody and English subtitles was inserted by that person...but I do hope that there was one...just to hear what LBH real voice sounds like

Angel! Congrats on getting to see LBH in real life! What a treat that must be huh?! You're starting to make me turn envious here Too bad you didn't get a chance to have a one on one talk w/ him

I'm currently watching Stairways to Heaven, and I keep on comparing KSW w/ LBH here I was wondering what it would be like if LBH had taken the role instead of KSW... But I must say, KSW didn't do too bad of a job....although, I didn't feel that earth shattering chemistry between CJW and him that I had felt for her and LBH. Maybe as the series progresses, I'll feel differently
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

I don't think there's an official DVD release of BD w/ English subtitles yet...unless it was copied by somebody and English subtitles was inserted by that person...but I do hope that there was one...just to hear what LBH real voice sounds like

Angel! Congrats on getting to see LBH in real life! What a treat that must be huh?! You're starting to make me turn envious here Too bad you didn't get a chance to have a one on one talk w/ him

I'm currently watching Stairways to Heaven, and I keep on comparing KSW w/ LBH here I was wondering what it would be like if LBH had taken the role instead of KSW... But I must say, KSW didn't do too bad of a job....although, I didn't feel that earth shattering chemistry between CJW and him that I had felt for her and LBH. Maybe as the series progresses, I'll feel differently
    The first time my country showed this drama, if i'm not wrong it was in Korean with English subtitles but i didn't watch it that time.... not yet into Korean at that time. But the 2nd time i got a chance to watch the show, was thru a neighbouring country's channel (that thankfully i could get), and it was in Korean (real voices again!) and with Malay subtitles, though i'd prefer English subtitles but still i can read Malay yeah! So i was fortunate enough to hear LBH's deep voice.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_jamz
    The VCD doesn't have English subtitles right?
    Yes, Chinese subtitles only. The Chinese dubbing is good, I'm quite satisfied
    - Mark Twain

Question

Hi! Does anyone have the mp3/wma of the OST?
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueOBC
    Hi! Does anyone have the mp3/wma of the OST?
    You can go here:
    http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59229

Scroll down the first page until you reach the "BEAUTIFUL DAYS" OST and you should be able to download every song -
    Hope this helps!
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

You can go here:
    http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59229

Scroll down the first page until you reach the "BEAUTIFUL DAYS" OST and you should be able to download every song -
    Hope this helps!
    But you gotta register to that forum first ya.

Anyway I got the OST but....

Halu droolers ! i'm back!!! sorry for being MIA for a while but I was so busy the past several weeks....
    Whoa ANGEL!!!! how I envy you!!! I am so happy for you..seeing BH! wow! I guess you had sleepless nights thinking about him....POST PICTURES PLEEEEEZZZZ!
    Sparkly Chic, just like you I kept comparing KSW with BH...can't help noticing those S2H scenes were similar with BD's...even KSW's acting is almost the same....remember the scene in s2H when KSW was sleeping and he grabbed JW's feet( I think it was her feet...correct me if i'm wrong)??? it was the same in BD's scene when BH grabbed JW's hand while sleeping.....hahaha...BD is still the original!!!!
    TrueBlue OBC, halu...I guess you can't recognize me here bec I got a different username here...I am LBHCrazy from soompi and tsinoy....your MP3 of the OST is now ready...I just need your email add so I can send it to you....PM me okay???
    LBHCRAZE, welcome to the thread...we almost got the same username except for the last letter...but I use them in other threads....I guess we are both LBH Crazy!!!
    talking about BD for the past several days (got friends who keeps asking me to send them BD MMS!) is giving me BD flashbacks.....wow...I think I am going to put out those BD VCDs and have another marathon!!!!!! for the nth time!!!!!
    Last edited by mbslee; 03-19-05 at 01:05 PM.