Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Secret of the Heart 《天地豪情》

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    ehm, is this the series where he hit his dad with his car and left him to die?
    Not that I know of??
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

love this series although it's really long...imagine 60episodes..

i found Sunny's character so not interesting. u might like him at first cuz he's like the Mr Nice Guy everytime...but watching him acting nice all the time...u know... being overly nice n all to people around him sort of start annoying me. Ada's character too really gets into my nerves at times. And not to mention Nick's dad

i enjoy watching Gallen, Amy, Felix, Nick n Jessica's parts the most. i really like the way Gallen's character develops as the series progresses. Anyone notice that Gallen's eyes "can really talk"? it's like he can express his feelings n everything using his eyes n u can ,just by looking into his eyes, sort of know what he's thinking.

Default secret of the heart

it was said that sunny in real life is surrounded by women in his household/family..so he really understands them..like he was for his character in SEcret of the heart.

His character is a bit too naive, but not annoying. What annoyed me was...

SPOILERS....

When Felix misunderstood Gallen for taken Amy Kwok away from him, and he was pretty annoying after a while. He only found out when Amy told her after she woke up in the hospital wayyy after he starting to misunderstood.

ouuuuu, whats the plot of this serie.. very curious since most of the comments are positives any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Simplicity
    ouuuuu, whats the plot of this serie.. very curious since most of the comments are positives any pictures?
    Basically, two brother's lifes have been swapped around by both there mum, the rich one lives in the poor family and the poor one lis brought up in the rich side. It's another chinese series where two families are involved, and another rich family and then the youngsters with there everyday lives.

Of 'cause it's alot more complicated then that, but the main plot is around that.

Pictures...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://hk.geocities.com/lovetvseries/upload/big.jpg')

I just took them of a fansite

ooohh i seeee, and this is a new serial? .. thanks for the pictures and the quick plot summary

Quote Originally Posted by Simplicity
    ooohh i seeee, and this is a new serial? .. thanks for the pictures and the quick plot summary
    No, this serial is aired in 1998. It was quite a classic piece of work by TVB. Rewatching this recently convinces me how much better TVB series were in the past. Of course, I am saying not recent series are bad, but they are unquestionably very subpar when compared to past series
    Last edited by hiiragi; 08-27-05 at 09:52 PM.
    I felt before I thought.

-- Jean Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by linghuchong
    Not that I know of??
    aw must have made a mistake there
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by hiiragi
    No, this serial is aired in 1998. It was quite a classic piece of work by TVB. Rewatching this recently convinces me how much better TVB series were in the past. Of course, I am not recent series are bad, but they are unquestionably very subpar when compared to past series
    ooohh ic thanks =).. yea movies from the past were not that bad haha

some of the older series are actually better than the new ones.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Hi! I really liked this series for its great cast and storyline, but the ending was too draggy, and a lot of people pissed me off!

The mother of Sunny and Nick (both the actress and the character) really got on my nerves, as did Sunny, but to a lesser extent with his hesitant and weak behaviour. I also found Gallen's character at the end very annoying when he just left everything and pushed Amy to Felix. Glad it all sorted out.

Kathy's character set me off with her indifference and childishness at the start, but I did like her when she returned more considerate and mature, except for when she was obssesed with Felix (felt like slapping her and him as well for giving her those ideas and not say definately that he only wanted to be her friend).

And I was also pissed with Jessica cos she was too weak to break off with Sunny (who was clearly not in love with her) and how she told Gallen that Melissa wanted to sleep with him in Singapore, when Melissa didn't even want to make her feelings known. I did pity her, and I hate the writer for making her ending so abrupt and crappy.

Ada's character also gets on my nerves in the beginning with her money-grabbing, but i liked her when she moved on from Kelvin, but hated her again when she came up with that crappy plan which resulted in her own death.

There's nothing much wrong with Amy, but she should just stop freaking out and sit down and talk about problems. Of the cast, I only liked Felix, Gallen (though a bit pissed with him when he broke up with Melissa), Melissa, Eileen, the triad boss and Kelvin.

What I dislike the most about this series, which is also probably the thing which makes this series great, is that most of the tragedies could have been avoided if peiople were just nicer to each other, and sat down and talked.

The Amy-Kathy-Felix love triangle could have been better handled if they just came out with the truth about the baby and told Amy, but also reassured her, instead of sneaking behind her back though nothing sexual happened. The situation wasn't that bad. And Amy shoudl have talked to Felix instead of avoiding him after hsi son died.

Kelvin would have not turned bad if his adopted father, mother and sister (not Melissa) were more understanding and accepted him as their own even they were not blood-related. They wanted to use him to control Sunny, which backfired on themsleves.

Eileen should have just told Gallen about her illness instaed of pushing him away, while Gallen shodul have not started with Amy when he wasn't emotionally ready.

But these misunderstandings that happen in real life so I just this just makes the story even more relaistic, touching and realistic.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Ok what is this serie all about? Can anyone please tell me? Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    some of the older series are actually better than the new ones.
    Agreed. It's really the actors and actresses that are in TVB now, I just don't think they have as much charm as the old ones. (Ron, Leila, Bosco etc)

Most past TVB actors and actresses are all filming elsewhere or not filiming at all now. I really hope TVB could reunite some of the past actors like Gallen and Felix in future series. I'd also like to see actors/actresses that are filiming movies now like Louis Koo to be in a future TVB series, but that's quite impossible

who knows, maybe these new actors/actresses will improve and be as good or better than the veterans
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by linghuchong
    Agreed. It's really the actors and actresses that are in TVB now, I just don't think they have as much charm as the old ones. (Ron, Leila, Bosco etc)

Most past TVB actors and actresses are all filming elsewhere or not filiming at all now. I really hope TVB could reunite some of the past actors like Gallen and Felix in future series. I'd also like to see actors/actresses that are filiming movies now like Louis Koo to be in a future TVB series, but that's quite impossible
    I don't think there's a big chance to see Felix in TVB since...I think there is some bigger obstacles to unite them, not just money or issues like that. Filming series means no sleep, freeze up months and months to film..Plus, I think he wants to film movies.

Gallen wants to expand his network, also wants to work in movies, earn more money in the mainland, other tv network. Gallen has stayed in TVB for so many years..time to leave,i'll say.

TVB really has no choice but to put all its bets in these newbies. Hope there is a better tomorrow...for TVB's sake.

Back to Secret of the Heart, A GRRrrrreeeeeat Series!

Quote Originally Posted by ginnie
    I don't think there's a big chance to see Felix in TVB since...I think there is some bigger obstacles to unite them, not just money or issues like that. Filming series means no sleep, freeze up months and months to film..Plus, I think he wants to film movies.

Gallen wants to expand his network, also wants to work in movies, earn more money in the mainland, other tv network. Gallen has stayed in TVB for so many years..time to leave,i'll say.

TVB really has no choice but to put all its bets in these newbies. Hope there is a better tomorrow...for TVB's sake.

Back to Secret of the Heart, A GRRrrrreeeeeat Series!
    Well, technically, I knew it was impossible but it's also possible a few of them would be coming back to TVB. Eg, Francese Ng in TITS, and an upcoming series will be starring Ekin Cheng, in which we havent seen for ages. It's a new series with Ekin Cheng and Charmaine Sheh, which looks quite promising!

Yeah, back to Secret of the heart, where are you up to on it Cherrie?
    Last edited by linghuchong; 08-28-05 at 11:18 PM.

i still haven't started watching this. been quite busy with my downloads
    cherrie

Default secret of the heart

yep yep..am re-watching this rite now again..cant believe its almost 7 years old ..boy brings memories of being hooked to the tv screen...

if i remember ,its 65 chapters long

where are you watching this series?
    cherrie