192. You may not vote on this poll
  • raymond lam !!

92 47.92%
  • alec su !!

100 52.08%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: raymond lam or alec su ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Li Nhi
    Raymond has always taken challenging roles, and to me, he has always succeeded. It's not his fault that TVB series is such a low-budget production. I chose him.
    which role is that?

1) raymond became popular in recent year... i've never heard him sing before, but the chinese have a distict way of singing, it's very hard to imitate if u speak another language... some of them are good, but they all sounds about the same (LYF is a exception, but she has influences of chinese music in her styles)... at any rate this guy had his rise to fame with a role in "a step into the past" if i remember correctly... compare to the other popular actors before him, he's rather "blunt"... there's nothing about him that's worth memorizing, he doesn't suck but he doesn's stand out. i think the guy call Bosco Wong has more of an edge than Raymond Lam does. and Raymond Lam's body type is kindda meaty sort of like BI Rain, but rain is alot better because he work alot on his body as a dancer... i think Raymond Lam needs to work on that, i don't want to say it, but in celeb standard he might be consider as over weight, for us normal folks he's just a little on the heavy side.

2) Alec Su, where do i start? i watched him in HSDS... again another pretty face... i have to be honest and say he's prettier than Raymond Lam... but when u start talking about body shape wise, this guy might be worst, he's short... real short... and it just doesn't fit the "hero" image that he play on screen... the other short actor like Dicky Chung, he plays a different type of character where his height isn't the main factor... Alec Su IMO is exactly like Raymond Lam, he doesn't suck, but he doesn't bring your attention to him... i'm gonna be a little gay in this moment and say that Alec Su is one pretty boy... and now i have stop being gay and back to my normal self. also the website indicate that he's 174cm tall... let me assure u that he's not 1.74m because i'm slightly over 1.77m which is around what the site indicated... he is quite a bit shorter than i am... and 3cm is not that much if the site is correct.. not sure if the camera made him shorter.. I'm only average height, the actor standards in asia now a day is pretty slim picking... they want really tall people. most of the korean actors are clossing in on 180cm.. + they're like huge walking trees.

3) since someone mention jimmy lin, i've watch him a few times and i won't comment on him, but the type of roles that he play, i think i perfer dicky chung over him, this guy is also pretty.

For the shake of the pole. i would give Raymond Lam the vote... not because he's better but i think this guy has more potential than Alec Su... Raymond can always improve on his look/body/acting skill... Alec Su is pretty much done, i can't imagine how he can be taller.

Alec Su is a joke.
    Looked like a total idiot in HSDS03.

Both are good looking

"For the shake of the pole. i would give Raymond Lam the vote... not because he's better but i think this guy has more potential than Alec Su... Raymond can always improve on his look/body/acting skill... Alec Su is pretty much done, i can't imagine how he can be taller."

wat a dumb statement......how the hell can Raymond improve when Alec can't? plain STUPID.......Raymond is taller than Alec, so wat? it doesn't mean tat he's a better actor than Alec just b/c of the height.....

warlock110, do you have something against raymond lam? cuz this isn't the first thread where you talk about raymond...i was just on the raymond lam thread replying to a comment you made about him...

honestly, i'm not trying to start anything, but you should only vote if you're a fan of either/or...cuz it's just wrong for you to criticize other people's favorite actors like that...i for one, just want to talk about the actors i like, and want to share it with fellow fans of those actors...i don't wanna see someone come in and just criticize the actors i like...you may have your own likes and dislikes, but i don't see the point in going into threads and just being negative when all the rest of us is trying to do is be excited about the certain actors we choose to like...if you want, you can start a thread about what you don't like about raymond lam or whoever else, then post your thoughts there...and maybe people will join you, but in the meantime, can you try to not bash him for whatever reason, or at least be open-minded...i mean, there's plenty of actors i don't like, but i'll keep that to myself, because there will just be people like me willing to defend the actors we like...so there's no point

i happen to like both raymond and alec, and of course, i choose raymond...in my opinion, he's cuter, has a better voice, and is a better actor...in my opinion...
    I'm not even Chinese or Thai, but I am obsessed with their TV series. Current obsession: Ken Theeradeth Wonpuapan. He has super good looks and is very talented.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110
    which role is that?

1) raymond became popular in recent year... i've never heard him sing before, but the chinese have a distict way of singing, it's very hard to imitate if u speak another language... some of them are good, but they all sounds about the same (LYF is a exception, but she has influences of chinese music in her styles)... at any rate this guy had his rise to fame with a role in "a step into the past" if i remember correctly... compare to the other popular actors before him, he's rather "blunt"... there's nothing about him that's worth memorizing, he doesn't suck but he doesn's stand out. i think the guy call Bosco Wong has more of an edge than Raymond Lam does. and Raymond Lam's body type is kindda meaty sort of like BI Rain, but rain is alot better because he work alot on his body as a dancer... i think Raymond Lam needs to work on that, i don't want to say it, but in celeb standard he might be consider as over weight, for us normal folks he's just a little on the heavy side.

2) Alec Su, where do i start? i watched him in HSDS... again another pretty face... i have to be honest and say he's prettier than Raymond Lam... but when u start talking about body shape wise, this guy might be worst, he's short... real short... and it just doesn't fit the "hero" image that he play on screen... the other short actor like Dicky Chung, he plays a different type of character where his height isn't the main factor... Alec Su IMO is exactly like Raymond Lam, he doesn't suck, but he doesn't bring your attention to him... i'm gonna be a little gay in this moment and say that Alec Su is one pretty boy... and now i have stop being gay and back to my normal self. also the website indicate that he's 174cm tall... let me assure u that he's not 1.74m because i'm slightly over 1.77m which is around what the site indicated... he is quite a bit shorter than i am... and 3cm is not that much if the site is correct.. not sure if the camera made him shorter.. I'm only average height, the actor standards in asia now a day is pretty slim picking... they want really tall people. most of the korean actors are clossing in on 180cm.. + they're like huge walking trees.

3) since someone mention jimmy lin, i've watch him a few times and i won't comment on him, but the type of roles that he play, i think i perfer dicky chung over him, this guy is also pretty.

For the shake of the pole. i would give Raymond Lam the vote... not because he's better but i think this guy has more potential than Alec Su... Raymond can always improve on his look/body/acting skill... Alec Su is pretty much done, i can't imagine how he can be taller.
    I'll answer each bold.

1. i've never heard him sing before
    If U've never heard his singing before, wat can U say ??? U dun noe smt then try to critize it, isn't it a little silly? U'd better hear, then tell us ur comment again. N if U wanna noe if Ar Fung can say Mandarin or not, I'll tell U. He can say Mando, Fujianes n he learned in Mainland, his family is in Mainland, too. So I dun think Chinese is his "another lang".

2.compare to the other popular actors before him, he's rather "blunt"... there's nothing about him that's worth memorizing, he doesn't suck but he doesn's stand out. i think the guy call Bosco Wong has more of an edge than Raymond Lam does
    Lolz, I dun think my litto Fung Fung is blur enough for U to rmb. I myself think that U rmb he everywell. If U compare U wit ur seniors, will U become blunt??? Maybe yes, maybe no ^^. BTW, I can't rmb Bosco Wong at the 1st time I saw him. I saw in n 3 other members of S4 in a Mag then I said: "Huh? Who r they? S4, sound like F4" ). Then I lost my memory of S4 'till Find the light

3. Raymond Lam's body type is kindda meaty sort of like BI Rain, but rain is alot better because he work alot on his body as a dancer
    4. i think Raymond Lam needs to work on that
    5. but in celeb standard he might be consider as over weight

U dun noe anything 'bout Raymond. He dun wanna become that kind of celeb. Yes, Ar Fung wanna become a singer that can sing n dance, but gosh, this guy had never go to a dance class before. Cuz he tried his best to become a singer when he was 19, even go to Shanghai to learn singing. So he isn't a dancer for sure
    . N one more thing, this guy can change his weight very fast, so if U think he is too fat, wait for 2-3 weeks, he'll become skinny as he is never fat. I feel wit this thing. It made litto Fung Fung weaker.

6. he's short... real short... and it just doesn't fit the "hero" image that he play on screen
    Oh Su Su. Hey warlock110, do U noe Naponeon??? Isn't Naponeon an hero? If short man can't become hero, lolz, I think U'd better check ur history knowledges.

7. they want really tall people. most of the korean actors are clossing in on 180cm.. + they're like huge walking trees.
    Tall is nothing if U dun have talents! An actor that can't act, an singer that can't sing, if they r only tall, I'll call them hulk, not celebs. But if U say in your mind, tall is everything for a celeb, I'll say nothing more to U .
    One more thing, how old r ur korean actors? U can't put the height of other generations in the same comparation.

8. Alec Su is pretty much done, i can't imagine how he can be taller
    Repeat: Do U think "tall" is everything to a celeb?

------------------------------------------------------------
    Back to the topic: I'm fan of Raymond, so guess who I vote? Alec Su is gud too, but cuz I dun like the author of HSDS so I watched the whole series in only 3h. ^^.
    Last edited by raymeox; 03-06-07 at 01:34 PM.
    ::RLzoo:: -> Fan site of Raymond Lam

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110
    which role is that?

1) Let me tell u this:

- Raymond Lam is actually a Mainland - Chinese ^^, he was born in Xiamen and his parents still live there. He spent his childhood in the Mainland n now still talk with his parents in Mandarine ^^.

- The role u've watched in "A step into the past", it's his second role ^^, a new artist can act like that (with the eyes like burning), I dun think there's many ^^.

2) Both of these two artist (Alec n Ray) do bring attention to many ppl. Dat's the reason why they're populer

---> How many film have u watched? How many songs have u heard? If u're not really sure 'bout something, don't say it like it's really true. People call it: childish.
    Last edited by vanda435; 03-06-07 at 01:38 PM.

GO!!!!!VANDA345!!!!! I totally agree!!!
    Fan of Raymond Lam,Jimmy Lin,Kelvin,Alex Fong,Bosco,and Joe Cheung

Don't study history....go and make it

Love is like war
    Easy to start
    Hard to end
    Impossible to forget

ray ray forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel1992
    GO!!!!!VANDA345!!!!! I totally agree!!!
    Only vanda go? , U lost my name
    ::RLzoo:: -> Fan site of Raymond Lam

Welcome

I only luv Ray.
    Ray is the best.

Go RAYMEOX!!!! RAY ALL THE WAY!!!
    Fan of Raymond Lam,Jimmy Lin,Kelvin,Alex Fong,Bosco,and Joe Cheung

Don't study history....go and make it

Love is like war
    Easy to start
    Hard to end
    Impossible to forget

well i've got to say that i love ray for a lot of reason and one of it is that he's the sweetest and the most talented person i've ever known! he worked so hard for everything he achieve today, he started out as an actor but because he has a really good voice people start believe in his singing and loving it, and for his dancing i think he's just a natural, he's a fast learner. i believe the height has nothing to do with someone's success, and having said that i believe ray's appearance is just fine, he always believe in staying healthy, not skinny!!!

Wink

100% agree with u kfung, ray looks fine the way he is!!!

go ray!!! u're the best
    to kfung: so glad to have u as ray fan, so dedicate to him and i think he so deserve our dedication, and hopefully when i get to see him later this year i'll be able to bring something back for you guys!!! just pray that i won't pass out!!!!

Look like i 'm late again....again....another guy say bad thing to Ray ==ll...I miss already 1 time to defend Ray in the Worst Actor in TVB...Now I wan to say I think you are same type with a person in the forum of The Worst Actor in TVB...dunno something yet then judge that thing is bad!! and i can feel what you care is 'HEIGHT"!! Always judge this short judge that tall!! If you really admired a person like huge tree, then you go to be your huge tree at your dream and not go here judge who tall and short escpecially badmouth to Ray with a few nonsense reason!!

well, to all raymond's fans out there.i know u all are outraged but i thk u all r being a lil too harsh on warlock.he/she's just trying to voice out his opinion tho it may b a lil insensitive to critic like this.

warlock : mayb next time b4 u comment, u shud take other ppl's feelings (such as the actors' fans) into consideration.

i myself is a fan of ray n will feel sad too when ppl say bad thgs about him but then again, we can't expect the whole world to like him can we?
    well, to me, who cares what others think bout him cuz in my opinion, he's the best.
    Go raymond, we'll always support u

Talking Alec Forever

Alec Su...Alec Su. I love him forever and miluji tě dokonce života.....He is so cute...

Cool Alec....

Alec...............Alec
    Last edited by kristina85; 04-04-07 at 10:40 AM.

Wink Alec

Just love everything of Alec.He's too cute & he can sing & he perform his career very well.I loved him to death & I still love him to death and I continue to love him to death......zzz.you hear....,Alec Su???