Page 10 of 235 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Raymond Lam

news on raymond!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20040626/ent/0626enew11p1.gif')

TVB's ancient drama "Twin of Brothers" (formerly referred to as "Double Dragon of the Tang") starring Raymond Lam, Ron Ng and Tavia Yeung will begin airing in July and the two 'kings of newcomers' will begin a series of on-screen 'battles' with each other. However, even before airing, the first battle has been won by Raymond, who will be singing the theme tune to the show.

Raymond and Ron are both young leads who are being heavily promoted by TVB and although they have some conflict in their careers, they are good friends in real life and dislike the comparison made between them by everyone. Little wonder that when Raymond was asked how he felt about 'winning' Ron on the theme tune matter, he immediately defended his friend: "You can't describe it as winning, the reason why the producer asked me to sing it was because I have a recording contract and it doesn't matter who sings the theme tune. (Will you let the conflicts affect your friendship?) I believe that this will not affect our relationship now or in the future, I think the reason they cast Ron and I to be the 'double dragons' was because we are really good friends."

As for whether Ron is bothered by not singing the theme tune, he says acceptantly: "No, it doesn't matter who sings it but Raymond has more experience at singing and he has a record contract." Ron says that although he was unable to sing the theme tune for "Twin", he will be singing the theme to "Destinies of the Western Chamber" that will be aired soon, together with Myolie Wu.

source: Em
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

http://xox.rxfnetwork.com

xoxoxox

Talking

Raymond is sooooooooo cute ever since he started TVB. I think he really deserves to be heavily promoted by TVB cause I think he has all the potential to be Best Actor.

As for Ron, I think he needs to be more polished. I like him too but at the moment Raymonds better!!!!!

http://www.taviayeung.com/video/tvb/20040627.wmv

i think it's the tob themevideo. i like it looks really good!
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

xoxoxox

Thanks xox for the news and themevideo!!! Oh oh, I must check it out!!!

Hehe, its great that Raymond sung the themesong. Hehe, but its nice to hear that him and Ron are very good friends!!! Even better to hear that Ron and Myolie will sing the themesong to Western Chamber Story!!! I wish Raymond and Myolie will sing togehter one day

I haven't gotten started on Blade Heart yet, but I would perfer Raymond with Mimi. They look very cute togehter on the poster!!! Plus, I think they match better then him and Shirley.

Oh yes, here is some more recent news for Raymond

June 28, 2004

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.takungpao.com/news/images/20040629-ul-22.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/20040629/img/e04062909_big.jpg')

[Ta Kung Pao & The Sun]

Raymond Lam and Niki Chow were guests at the opening of a health food store yesterday and amidst reports that some herbs mixed with drugs will cause poisoning, Niki says that she has consulted with her doctor first and she will not take medicines without checking them carefully as she is afraid of losing her mind. Niki also indicates she is very pleased with the fee, but she is not yet the spokesperson for the company. After finishing her current work, she will be taking two weeks off. Originally she had planned to take her parents to America for a vacation, but she doesn't feel there is enough time and will be going away to South East Asia instead. However, she is also afraid of mosquito borne diseases in hot places as she tells of how she was terrified when a moth flew into her home earlier and now all the windows in her home stay shut so that no insects or reptiles can crawl inside.

Talking of this unwanted guest, she is still a little afraid as she says that she was watching television when this very big moth flew straight for her face. She was so afraid that she slammed the door and called for her father to kill the intruder. Her father killed and cremated the insect to remove any trace of germs. Another time, her sister found a lizard and she used the idea of picking it up with the vacuum cleaner and waiting for the maid to come and clear it up the next day. She laughs she has become a pest removal expert.

With Rain Li's earlier indication that she had received rude text messages earlier on in her career, there have been guesses that have dragged Raymond's name into this issue. Having been filming in Beijing for "Tossing Rain Turning Cloud", Raymond who has returned to Hong Kong for a short while was unaware of the news and asked whether it was a trick played by her fans.

Raymond says: "If it wasn't fans, then it is rather outrageous, but could it be some prank messages that she received by accident? Maybe it wasn't done on purpose." He also says that he has never received any provocative text messages and that it would be quite frightening if he did. Only his friends know his phone number and they will all call him directly and not send messages. Also, if he had a girlfriend, he would not send text messages to her because he prefers to contact people directly.

Raymond took part in the store opening event yesterday before heading straight back to Beijing to continue filming. He will be back again soon to promote new series "Twin of Brothers". He says that for this show he and Ron have sacrificed a lot, apart from their 'important parts', all the other parts of their body will be on screen, so they have great expectations for this show.

http://www.takungpao.com/news/2004-6-29/UL-276930.htm
    http://www.takungpao.com/news/2004-6-29/UL-276933.htm

credit to em at TVBspace News Roundup http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Gosh, he looks quite different in the pics from before, but still very very cute. He actual looks different in every pic, but one thing is still the same....the eyes!!! hehe, at least for me.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

No prob goddess! it looks so good i can't wait!

well i watched the scene in blade heart were ray and shirley are split up (not when she died yet) and i think it's kind of dry. could have had a little more love story between them.

xoxoxox

Hehe, gonna comment on the themevideo for Twin of Brothers. (Finally got it all buffered) Anyways it looks soooooo good!!! Gave me a very very good impression of the serie. The guys looked so dashing... As for the ladies, they looked very pretty in their costumes!!!!!

Only one compliant would be Raymond's hairstyle....its okay, but then again I don't like how its all bushy on top, lol. Oh, I think that Ron might steal the show here.....from the preview I find him and Leila to be so cute together!!! Then again there isn't many pics of Raymond with anyone. Can't wait for this!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Thanks for the news xox and goddessofhonour ! Glad to hear that Ray will be singing the theme song for Twin of Brothers. Is there going to be a sub theme too? I haven't seen any pics of Ray in Twin of Brothers yet so not quite sure of the hair you guys are talking about.

Yeah, I prefer Ray with Mimi too. Shir and him don't look compatible.

Hi hi botan Hmmm...I am not sure about a sub theme. Maybe there is, but probably neither Raymond or Ron will sing it since it would have been mentioned already. It would have been nice if there was one so Ron could sing it. Anyways doesn't matter. They both have nice voices, hehe. The themesong Raymond sings is really catchy!!! I like it!!!

Hmmm...I think his hair in Twin of Brothers is a bit similiar to Lofty Waters Verdant Bow. Except his hair is pulled back into that bun thing and he has like two blobs of bangs left out. (One on each side) Then he has another one where his hair is just pulled back, but is down. Then there is this one where its just messy looking.. Lol, need to find pictures!!! (goddess goes in search)
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi goddess!!!

I've never heard Ron sing before, how is his singing? I haven't heard the theme song for Twin of Brothers yet. Is it in the themevideo that xox provided?

LOL, two blobs of bangs?!?!? Sounds like his hair is really messy then. How many hairstyles does he have? I don't like it when his hair is all messy I prefer his hair similar to A Step Into the Past, nicely groomed.

haha aww goddess! i like his hair! haha i like it when it's messy! way better then it looks in Blade Heart!

xoxoxox

Hi ya botan I remember listening to a few of Ron's songs, just can't remember which one. But overall I think he has a nice voice.....very soothing when needed to be

Yup, just check out that themevideo xox posted and you can hear it. Very nice!!!

Lol, maybe I exaggerated a bit....but its pretty close to being blobs, hehe. I actually don't mind this one since Ron has something quite similar. At least bang wise. The hairstyle that bugs me would be I think when his hair is down and the top of his hair is quite puffy. Lol, hard to describe

Hehe, I do think that sometime in the serie Raymond will have that nicely groomed look in ASITP. I think there was a few clips of him having his hair pulled back in that nice neat bun

Lol, my aunt returned a few tapes of Blade Heart, but still no watch. I'm getting there!!! Anyways I don't mind messy, but it depends what kind. Lol...I actually perfer for guys to have "messy" hair in ancient series. Like having it down or at least partially down. It just can't be puffy!!! Can't stand puffy...hehe.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi all!!!

Thanks for the link to the themevideo xox ! Wow, the series looks really good and the song is not bad either. I didn't know Tavia was in the series too. I couldn't really see what Raymond's hair was like since the picture was blurry. Also, I saw an actress with bangs but couldn't tell who she was, I've never seen her before. Is it a grand production, because it looks like it?

Eventually I will get to hear Ron sing because he will probably sing more themesongs.

LOL, puffy??? I can't picture puffy hair.
    Last edited by botan; 07-08-04 at 02:44 PM.

Hey ya botan Come join into the Twin of Brothers thread and chit chat more on it there, hehe. Anyways you can check out this site for more info on the serie if you like. Its very nice!! Chi Mei posted it in the TOB thread

http://www.geocities.com/bit_luen/

I'm most eager to hear him sing Western Chamber Story!!! Since he's dueting with Myolie I would love to hear Raymond sing with Myolie too though!!!

Lol...I don't know. I have a thing with guy's hair, hehe. Oh I dont' quite like how Leila's hair is in a tall bun. Looks funny.... Lol, I could go on and on about the artists hairstyles, hehe.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Thanks so much for the link goddessofhonour ! What a great site.

Yeah, that would be interesting to hear Ron and Myolie sing together. I would be looking forward to the song.

Hey, you're right Leila's hair is a bit strange.

I'd love to drop in the Twin of Brother's thread but I don't want to read spoilers. I've decided that I need to stop this habit so I will wait until after I watch the series and then I will join the thread.

Hi ya botan

No problem Yes, that is such a good site isn't it? I really enjoyed reading about the characters of each person

Yeah, I can't wait till the song is released out. Have you heard Myolie sing before? She's only sung one song now and its pretty good

Actually at the moment there really is no spoilers in the thread since it hasnt' been confirmed what will happen. There are some suggestions though. Hehe, I might need to start steering clear of the thread also. I have also "promised" myself to stop this bad habit since it really ruins the serie, hehe
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

haha i just read that you get to see ray's and ron's rear end in TOB! haha.

xoxoxox

Hi ya guys!!!

Yup, that site is very nice and I enjoyed reading all the info about the series. It sounds very interesting. Oh that's right the series won't be released until mid July. I forgot. I will drop in the thread then but once everyone starts watching it then I will steer clear.

No, I haven't heard Myolie sing yet. Which song did she sing?

Yeah, I read about the bum thing in TOB. I found Ron's comment very amusing.

Hey there guys

Hehe, yeah. I read that article too. Very very amusing!!! What was it that Ron said now? Hehe, something about both being very round and smooth/silky, lol hehehe

Same here. Or at least I'll try to stop going into the thread

She has only sung one song and it is called One + One. This song isn't in any serie.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi goddess!! I've not heard of one + one. Where did you hear it at? Now, I'm really curious to know how Myolie's singing is like. Have you started on Blade Heart yet?

Hey there botan

I posted a link on her song in the Myolie thread, but it might have been taken off now. Check out Myolie's thread at tvseriesfans.com There is a link there for the song Hope you enjoy it!!!

Link to Myolie thread at tvseriesfans
    http://tvseriesfans.com/forums/showt...=&threadid=422

Lol, still not started yet I can't pull myself to watch it for some reason!! I'll try to get started soon though. I caught a few parts with my dad and I dont' quite like Raymond's "style" in here. Like his costume and hair. Well this was towards the beginning, he seems to look "better" later on hmmmm?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.