Page 5 of 235 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Raymond Lam

haha honestly i think i don't like her nose or something i just cant stand her half the time but i think she is a good actress to make everyone hate her in pitnol. but then that could be due to her bad acting making the character better haha who knows,

hmmm no series with raymond and myolie? hmm i think theres one with Michelle comming up right?
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

http://xox.rxfnetwork.com

xoxoxox

Liked Raymond in LWVB. Is he going to be in other ancient series? Is his tan natural (lol silly question but i am just curious)
    Jimmy Lin~~~Zhen Yu~~~Sammul Chan
    I LOVE JIMMY, Zhen Yu, and Sammul! I love three guys...oooo.. that's too much huh? ~feeling guilty~
    Currenltly watching : 1)7 warriors (hmmm...no comments) 2) New reincarnation (okay I guess) 3) Dragon girl ( oooo my new love :ZHEN YU) 4) South Shaolin ( finally.. come real fighting)

I think it is something with her mouth that annoys me. But overall I find her pretty at times. Just that sometimes she looks a bit old... Lol, as for her acting and character in PITNOL, I would agree that it might have been her bad acting that helped her a bit with the character.

Yeah, no Myolie or Raymond for awhile But there is some with Michelle and Tavia however.

Hehe, hey lilyphuong!!! Long time no chat!!!! Where have you been? Hehe, I think his tan is natural Yes, seems like Raymond will be in a few ancient series. Here are two of them so far.

*Twin of Brothers (Tavia, Leila, and etc here.)
    *Rain and Cloud (One with Michelle here. Maybe its just me, but I'm getting sick of Michelle and Raymond!!! Lol, okay I'm biase, I want him with Myolie!!!)
    *Blade Heart (Shirley's in here with him...)

Hehehe, I know this is a bit late, but how was Rain's character in LWVB? I decided to skip that serie when it came out. Hmmm...he did end with Rain's character 10/20 years later in the sequel? Eh, thats quite a long ways!!
    Last edited by goddessofhonour; 04-13-04 at 08:41 PM.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

hey goddess! how can you be sick of raymond and michelle? they havent even been in that many series together only 2 as i recall that they were an actual couple! hehe~
    but i dunno i dont like michelle in ancient series she doesnt look as pretty~
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

xoxoxox

Yeah, they've only been togehter in 2, but I actually think thats too much!!! I just don't like them pairing togehter..... I just don't like them togeher. Lol, I already admitted I was biase so yeah I'ld agree. I think that Michelle looks better in modern dramas. She looks okay in ancient ones, but not as great. She has more of a modern look to her.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour

Hehe, hey lilyphuong!!! Long time no chat!!!! Where have you been? Hehe, I think his tan is natural Yes, seems like Raymond will be in a few ancient series. Here are two of them so far.

*Twin of Brothers (Tavia, Leila, and etc here.)
    *Rain and Cloud (One with Michelle here. Maybe its just me, but I'm getting sick of Michelle and Raymond!!! Lol, okay I'm biase, I want him with Myolie!!!)
    *Blade Heart (Shirley's in here with him...)

Hehehe, I know this is a bit late, but how was Rain's character in LWVB? I decided to skip that serie when it came out. Hmmm...he did end with Rain's character 10/20 years later in the sequel? Eh, thats quite a long ways!!
    Thanks goddess.... I know ... i've been studying! BOOOO! Senior year and i can't even relax. ehhehehe Well i am on spring break so i get to go on and chat hehehehhe. I am so behind. Thanks for telling me the upcoming series of his. Are they remakes ( like wind and Cloud)? hmmppp.... I miss you Goddess! Surprised you still remember me. Feel so special
    Jimmy Lin~~~Zhen Yu~~~Sammul Chan
    I LOVE JIMMY, Zhen Yu, and Sammul! I love three guys...oooo.. that's too much huh? ~feeling guilty~
    Currenltly watching : 1)7 warriors (hmmm...no comments) 2) New reincarnation (okay I guess) 3) Dragon girl ( oooo my new love :ZHEN YU) 4) South Shaolin ( finally.. come real fighting)

Hey again LilyPhuong!!!

Oh, so your a senior? It must be tough in school then!! I'm just a freshmen and I'm loaded Anyways I had my spring break last week. So your on it? Hehe, enjoying it I see!!!

Anyways take your time browsing around and get caught back up in all the threads you used to visit!! No problem, I'm glad to help. Hmmm...I'm not sure about Rain and Wind. I rmember reading a little synopsis and its completely different. I'll post up the synopsis later on

Lol, I missed you a lot too!!! Of course I rmember you!!! Why would I forget? Goddess has a bad memory, but not when it comes to friends I remember we used to chat mostly in the Jimmy Lin thread. Espically on his protrayal of LIttle Fish in LS!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Heya all!

I'm not sure if it's "Rain and Wind" but I read on Michelle's site that she's slated to do another series with Raymond except she might not be able to make it because of schedule clashes, so her character might be reduced to a supporting role instead. And I was so looking forward to seeing them together again!

Goddess, pop into the Lofty Waters Verdant Bow thread if you want some opinion and in info about Rain Lee's character. Michelle is very good in LWVB though. Her screen presence and character saved the show essentially. And I agree that she looks much better in modern series where there are no funny hairdos and accourements to distract her features. Funnily enough, she's got a face that looks much better unaccompanied by embellishments, like her male setup in Eternal Happiness.

Haha, I remember someone commenting that Raymond's tan looks rather 'dirty' before. I think it's natural, because in LWVB, Raymond had to strip to the waist, and the difference in colour between his face and the rest of his body was very obvious. The poor fella seems to be typecasted into 2 categories: Stupid characters or Maniacal characters. He's a good actor but I really wish he'd take on more different roles.
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

Hey Arashi

Maybe even another serial with him? I would like to see Michelle start staring with other artists. Seems as if she is usually paired with either Raymond Lam, Benny Chan, Sammul Chan, or Ron Ng. I don't think I can think of a serial where she ended with someone different.......

Hehe, if I have the time I will pop on into that thread. Seemed like a lot of people perfered Michelle's character to Rain's. Is it really because her character was better or just because Michelle "supposedly" is better then Rain in acting terms?

I do think that Michelle looks at her best plain, without any makeup. In her ancient serials, at times she seems too dressed up and it makes her look funny.

Lol, a "dirty" tan? hehe. You know, I think that Raymond's characters are all sorta different from each other, but then sometimes they relate to each one. He's played the good guy, the bad guy, the innocent one, and yeah...what else? Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing more of his roles!!!

Oh yes, I'm going to re-rent ASITP pretty soon!!! YAY
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by Arashi
    [The poor fella seems to be typecasted into 2 categories: Stupid characters or Maniacal characters. He's a good actor but I really wish he'd take on more different roles. [/B]
    I agree! oh boy do i agree. but he's in the medical series currently filming right? maybe he'll surprise us in that.

xoxoxox

Hi y'all i think i may have become a fan of Raymond ever since watching LWVB. First noticed him in A taste of love and he made me sit up cos I've never seen him acting before. Was that his first drama? Then after that was Eternal Happiness (great song by him btw) and a few scenes here and there in his other serials. Hmm what can i say..he's the first tvb actor whom i'll categorise as cute no offence to other tvb actors, but the rest mostly belong to the older age range, so it would seem odd to categorise them as cute. Prefer him in period dramas though i must admit im more biased towards pugilistic stories. Annnd i think he looks great with Michelle! More dramas of them pls!
    One last qn, who's Tavia and Bernice? Sorry, am a bit ignorant of names, i only remember faces

Hey there ChocoBubble

Are you a new member? Well welcome to the spcnet family!!! hehe, great to hear your a Raymond fan Means your going to come in here more often right? hehe.

Hmmm..I've never seen A Taste of Love so no real idea. First time I remember seeing him was in A Step into the Past as Qin Shi Huang and he was great Afterwards I saw bits and parts of his other serials. Loved his character of Ben in Survivor's Law though!!! Really looking forward to more dramas now.

Tavia Yeung.....she was in Golden Faith as Deric Wan's cousin and was paired with Raymond in there. Also she was in Whatever it Takes, Vigilante in the Mask, Viligant Force, Find teh Light and etc.

Bernice Lui......she was in Survivor's Law as the one who had a crush on Sammul. Worked with Raymond in the same law firm at the beginning and also throughout the serial, hehe. Also been in Virtues of Harmony as the princess; ended with Franki Lam, Modern Virtues of Harmony, and etc.....

Hope that helps out. If not, try looking for their threads in the actresses forum
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hey goddess, yep, new member. And the main reason for joining this forum was coz i wanted to talk abt LWVB and raymond lam
    So i guess u'll be seeing me here more often. Thanks for the answers! I think i know who those ppl are now.

Survivor's Law has not been shown here yet. Probably a few months later. Cable network is slowww. But can't wait to catch Raymond in it, from what i've heard, it sounds like a great show!
    Oh and u shld go rent videotapes of A taste of love, Raymond and Miriam look cute together

Hey chocobubble

Seems like your a big fan of Raymond eh? And you espically like him in Lofty Water Verdant Bow too, hehe. See how smart goddess is?

Thats great to hear that your coming in here more often!! Do do!! hehe.

Oh, I just know that you will love Survivor's Law!!!! I hope you will be able to catch it soon. Gosh, this is my favorite Raymond role along with Myolie role. So makes this one of my top favorite serials!! I rewatch it a thousand times hehe. Raymond's cahracter of Ben is really sweet, just love him!!!

A Taste of Love? What is it about mainly? Miriam......Yeung? no, or is that right?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yep, Miriam Yeung. They're not the leads in the show though, but still quite many scenes of him heheh. The leads are Wu Qi Hua (forgot his english name) and Flora Chan. Flora acts as the love interest of Wu Qi Hua who's some sort of a super chef, and she's the half-sister of Raymond and he doesn't know that as first. The whole story is basically abt how her arrival at the seafood shop that Raymond's dad left behind (she's the majority shareholder) changes the lifes of the ppl there, and Raymond's character who used to be lazy and unwilling to do much for the shop is changed by her determination to turn the shop ard. He becomes a disciple under Wu Qi Hua and starts proving his worth as a chef too.
    Err something like that...got other twists and turns in the story too, but there won't be enough space to type it all out. Hope that helps.

Hmmm...I haven't seen Miriam Yeung in a serial before. I'm more familar with her singing which is very good I must say!!! Anyways paired with Raymond...this could be an intersting pair. How was their chemistry to you?

The storyline sounds pretty intersting. Wu Qui Hua? Can't think of who that is at the moment. Maybe later....I would like to see Raymond as a lazy person turn better. That would be nice. I'll add this on the list, but it might be awhile!!!

hehe, thanks for the synopsis now It gives me a brief image of the serie
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Wu Qi Hua is Lawrence Ng.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    Maybe even another serial with him? I would like to see Michelle start staring with other artists. Seems as if she is usually paired with either Raymond Lam, Benny Chan, Sammul Chan, or Ron Ng. I don't think I can think of a serial where she ended with someone different.......
    I'm back! I gave your observation a little thought, Goddess, and here's my answer. I think there's such a big age gap between the established and the up-coming actors in TVB, that producers have a hard time pairing up people.

A couple of examples: There were criticisms in EH that Joe Ma looked too old for Michelle and I'm laughing while watching TITS and the script keeps having Francis refer to the fact that he's an 'uncle' compared to Myolie. Or in Vigilante Force, how the script seems to try so hard pairing up Bowie Lam and Tavia Yeung. Apart from Roger Kwok, Julian Cheung and maybe Deric Wan, most of the established actors look too old to pair up with new actresses like Michelle and Myolie. Maybe to save scriptwriters the effort of justifying every cradle-snatching relationship, it's just easier to pair up young people with young people.

Hehe, if I have the time I will pop on into that thread. Seemed like a lot of people perfered Michelle's character to Rain's. Is it really because her character was better or just because Michelle "supposedly" is better then Rain in acting terms?
    Both. If you think Sonija or Shirley are bad actresses, Rain Lee takes the cake. I'm actually cringing because she's filmed 2 more series for TVB and they are set to air soon. I also mentioned in the Jessica thread that Michelle performs better in shows where she plays the lead. IMO, she shines in LWVB, and it's even better than her performance in EH. Her character in LWVB is also more believable and sympathetic, having a good share of flaws and strengths, compared to Rain Lee, who plays a perfect, upright swordswoman. Essentially, Michelle steals the show in LWVB.
    Last edited by Arashi; 04-22-04 at 05:23 PM.

Hey there Arashi!!

Have you been busy lately? Since its been awhile since I've seen your postings

Anyways you diffinately have a point on how its difficult to pair certain younger artists with other different artists. Its sorta funny, I find that Michelle is quite hard to pair with other male leads, unlike Myolie. Myolie seems to fit well with everyone, there is like chemistry between her and her co-star!!! Yeah, for Michelle I guess its best to pair her with the younger stars, but then it will diffinately get tiring to watch her with the same people over and over again.

Yeah, i read you message on Michelle doing better in main roles. I replied in there, too lazy to do so now, hehe.

Rain's that bad? Worst then Shirley and Sonjia huh? Thats horrible then!!! But I can't judge until I've seen her. I'm waiting to see her in Dreams of Colour since she is sorta one of the more minor leads. Will judge her then, hehe.

Oh yes, I just found out that Michelle and Raymond will not star again in another serie. At least in Rain and Cloud which they supposedly were going to since Michelle couldn't make it. Instead Sonjia Kwok and Charmaine Sheh are in it

OH yes, here is a link to promotional pics of the Olympic event. Raymond looks sooooooo different!!!

http://hk.tungstar.com/showevent.cg...event=20040422a
    Last edited by goddessofhonour; 04-22-04 at 09:02 PM.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Heya Goddess!

I'm doing script amendments and I can only pop in to read replies but can't formulate my own ones except when I get a break.

Mmm, I haven't seen enough of Myolie's stuff to judge on that. But I guess the reason why people like Michelle and Raymond together is because they do have a palpable chemistry on screen. I'm currently kicking my heels with TITS, but I agree that initially, there seems to be something between Myolie and Ron but nothing came out of it. Contrary, I didn't feel about for Michelle and any of her co-stars inside at all. Maybe it's because Michelle is so expressionless inside she fails to interact with Sammul or Ron.

I guess Rain and Cloud is the same series I was talking about earlier then. And oh god, Charmaine and Sonija? I like Raymond but I don't think I want to suffer that much to watch his shows. I gave up on Blade Heart because it's so long and there's nobody I like inside apart from Raymond.

Hey there Arashi!!

Hehe, so your pretty busy!!! I'm glad you still have a bit of time to reply here and there though. Lol, unlike me. I'm having it easy lately

I've seen practically all of Myolie's serials and I really like her. As for Raymond and Michelle, I've seen most of their works, but I really don't think they are that great togehter. I think he has more chemistry with Myolie, but then again Raymond looks nice with everyone

Yeah, I wished that TVB wouldn't have cut out the scenes between Ron and Myolie. They were pretty cute together and they seemed to understand one another more then anyone did. Yup, agree. This probably is Michelle's worst protrayal yet in my opinion. She was just too raw in here and I just couldn't stand it.

I thought Sammul in here was great though. He diffinately has improved so much from his other serials. Really admired his character in here. So much in love with Michelle's character.

Oh gosh, I know what your talking about!!! I really don't want Charmiane and Sonjia both in that serie togehter with Raymond. Espically if they want to pair either with him since I think that would just be intolerable!!! So you've seen some of Blade Heart? I want to see if for Raymond since its been awhile, but I'm not a big fan of the castings in there. I don't quite like Liza wong or Shirley Yeung, not to mention that I don't think she looks to compataiable with him....
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.