Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Felix Wong

Originally posted by fyp
    I remember watching a show long time ago with Felix Wong inside. I can vaguely remember that it happened during the Cultural Revolution in China, and Felix's character escaped to HK where he became quite successful after some setbacks and obstacles. Monica Chan was also in the show as Felix's love interest. Is there really such a show, or is it a figment of my imagination? Thanks.
    The one about the Cultural Revolution in China is Heaven's Retribution (Thien La Dia Vong), Jamie Chic is his love interest in HK, it was made by ATV in 1990.

The one with Monica Chan is Time Off (Long Ho Tranh Hung) made by TVB in 1999 or so.

Hope it helps.

Of the five tigers, do anyone of you think that there's another member inside that has more talent than Felix?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Hehehe, Tony Leung
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I never really see whats so great about Tony's acting skill, you're not going by looks are you?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Even if we're comparing looks, Felix is better

i think all the five tigers are good actors, but felix does stand out amongst them. miu kiu wai a close second.
    not a big fan of tony leung, somehow i think he's overrated and andy lau seems to go a lot on image. can't say much about ken tong as havent seen him in many series. talent wise, definitely felix and miu kiu wai.

Lol, no I'm not going by looks in this one. I don't know, comparing looks and skill I still think that Tony deserves top. Maybe its just me, but I dont' see much in Miu Kiu Wai..... It could just be my lack of seeing his performance, but he doens't stand out to me. Seen Kent in several series and I just don't like him. Not much to say on him.... Andy is very talented in singing and also acting, but he is sometimes a little too overrated compared to Felix i guess. Felix should diffinately get more recognition. I admire him for staying at TVB to make series for so long!!! Lol, also admire him and his skills
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Does anyone know how the 5 tigers were choosen? Was it really because of their outstanding proformance?

goddess, from what felix's friends described, he doesn't like to be in the center of attention and he doesn't want really want to be "that" famous. He just wanted to have a happy family. While in my opinion, Andy wanted the attention.

Oh that sounds really....whats the word? Modest? No...not the word really. Forget it. Well I like the way Felix thinks sorta. Hmmm, don't know about Andy now. Maybe, maybe not. But I think that Tony Leung never watned to be in the big center of attention however. Him and Felix get bonus points now lol

Hmmm..I've never really thought of it. I guess they were the five tigers due to them being somewhat the most popular in that time maybe?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Did you know that Tony is friends with Steven Chow? And Tony was said to be a little mentally imbalanced before. He never had a dad to look up to and he was always worrying that he didn't do well with his actings and the directors are going to cut him off and etc. I think it was too much stress on him and he wasn't a very socializing person despite how outgoing he was when acting. I think his mom was even afraid that he might commit suicide or something. But those were in the past and I think he is better now.

TO Buffy 85, How do you know that Andy just wants attention?? I don't think that is true at all. I have been a long time fan of Andy and I don't he is like that. Andy does love his work and tries his best to make the fans happy. Andy and Felix are good friends too. There was once in a show, Andy had to name his 3 closest friends in the circle. He had Felix, Ah Miu(that is Miu Kiu Wai) and Anita Mui. I bet Andy was going to say Tony and kent but they only allowed him to say 3 people.

But anyway, I think that the 5 tigers are good friends in real life. Felix has always been one of my favorites since he can play all sorts of roles. My mom compliments him over and over again... It is rare to see my mom compliment anyone since she is really critical...

I wonder what Felix is doing now since he left TVB. I heard he is just filming series or movies when he wants to in China. I am glad he is taking time off to do the things he wants to do.
    Last edited by Trinie; 10-16-03 at 03:38 AM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Trinie: you like Andy that's why your opinions toward him is gonna differ than mine. Just like how everyone says Vic couldn't sing, being rude etc., I don't believe any of them because I like him. I don't like or hate Andy but he just that he gave me that kind of impression. I think I know which show you're talking about. If memory serves me right, he was quite surprise to see them (Felix and Miu Kiu Wai). I think they surprise him. I once saw a newspaper saying that Tony and Andy aren't good friends. It said back when they were still in TVB, they (the 5 tigers) have contract problems with TVB and they decided to stick together and not renew their contrack but later on Tony renew it. Andy called him "mo yi hay".

I don't know how close are the 5 tigers but Felix and Miu Kiu Wei seems like very good friends.

Tony have a lot of stress having no father, so he needed to earn more mony for the family. Maybe he can't afford to quit at that time.

TO Buffy 85, It's true that I do like Andy, but I never expected him to be perfect. I mean who is?? I have heard good and bad about him. I accept it and am glad to know both sides. That shows he isn't fake... I have a good feeling that Miu and Andy are good friends since he was invited to his wedding. I don't think you just invite anyone to your wedding. Also, I don't think everything that you read in the paper is true since reporters make up stories, twist them or just add more stuff in. It is true that Miu and Felix are good friends in real life. I heard that Andy and them are good friends too. But I did see all the 5 tigers reunite every now and then. I am happy to see that.... I think that it shows they at least have some type of friendship or else why would they even bother to reunite after all these years... What if Tony really needed the money since he had to support his family you know? So it isn't as simple as you think... Also, if something is bad about an artist that I like, I do accept it. I don't deny it since I know no one is perfect. I think part of being a true fan is accepting both the good and the bad of an artist. If you just think on the good terms and expect them to always be nice than you are just blindly supporting them.
    TO Superboy, Good point and thanks for bringing it up....
    Last edited by Trinie; 10-16-03 at 03:39 AM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

well, i'm one of those crazy blinding fans

It's just stars so i don't have to be rational bout it. I can choose what to believe n what not to!

So is Felix in China now or hk or tw?

Originally posted by superboy
    Did you know that Tony is friends with Steven Chow? And Tony was said to be a little mentally imbalanced before. He never had a dad to look up to and he was always worrying that he didn't do well with his actings and the directors are going to cut him off and etc. I think it was too much stress on him and he wasn't a very socializing person despite how outgoing he was when acting. I think his mom was even afraid that he might commit suicide or something. But those were in the past and I think he is better now.
    I really feel for Tony's past. I find it rather sad how Tony's father left and he only had his mother to depend on in a way. I've also heard that due to his past, he really isn't too good in relationships and all. Its like his past left a deep worry in him and all.

I think about everybody has to admit that Tony is a great actor. Since he can put aside his own personal feelings and stuff to fit into the role. Like most of the roles I've seen him in he is the cheery, optimistic, playful, and center of attention type of guy, while in reality he is rather a loner I guess. He is diffinately great

P.S. Do you mean Stephen Chow?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

P.S. Do you mean Stephen Chow?
    Yeah, and it seems funny how he didn't pass acting school or something. He was like, "What!? You got in!?", when Tony succeeded and he didn't.

Lol I could picture that really being Stephen's reaction. I couldn't believe that at first Stephen wasn't excepted into the school, but look at him now!! A terrific actor I don't know, between him and Tony I can't choose one over the other in acting wise and all. I like Tony more in series while Stephen of course in his movies
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I read somewhere, that Stephen Chow wanted to become an actor because he saw Felix & Miu in TV.