Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DFBB & Yang Lianting

Default DFBB & Yang Lianting

It was obvious that DFBB really loved Yang Lianting as he was willing to die for him even though his enemies were not his match. But was the reverse true or was Yang just using DFBB for the power he could give him?

In the Taiwan version i notice it was quite touching as it seemed they really did truly love each other and LHC played by Richie Ren felt a flash of guilt for what he had done. Was this accurate?

Would RWX be able to sacrifice everything for his wife or daughter in this way?
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

I got the impression YLT was just using her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing
    I got the impression YLT was just using her.
    Yes, I think so too. He saw the perfect opportunity to rise up in the ranks of the Sun Moon Sect.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

I think he probably saw DFBB as a freak like everyone else in the novel... and only wanted power in the Sect. He wasn't even nice to her at all. That's really quite sad.

After the fight, he was basically yelling at DFBB of how useless she/he is of not being able to take out the 4. Its obvious who wear the pants in that relationship. Yang Lianting was the pimp and DFBB the ho.
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.

It's so wrong to address DFBB as a her.........

Assuming that's true...it's a huge sacrifice just for power.

DFBB was lacking in looks too huh? LHC pretty much called him old and ugly.

DFBB being so intelligent and cunning, would have saw through YLT's act or pretence to like him, yet he didn't mind if YLT didnt truely love him.

Which brings the question: who's using who eh? The ho using the pimp?

Adaptations always f'ed up the character YLT. He'd always look like an enuch, have feminine voice and gestures etc. Whereas in the novel (1st ed so correct me if I'm wrong) he's supposed to be a quite macho man (which surprised LHC and the gang actually) with a full beard and big build. He didn't care much for DFBB except for the power he was given to use freely while DFBB stayed in her room playing with needles.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Adaptations always f'ed up the character YLT. He'd always look like an enuch, have feminine voice and gestures etc. Whereas in the novel (1st ed so correct me if I'm wrong) he's supposed to be a quite macho man (which surprised LHC and the gang actually) with a full beard and big build. He didn't care much for DFBB except for the power he was given to use freely while DFBB stayed in her room playing with needles.
    If I remember correctly, the YLT in SOD96 is very manly, with beard and all.

They don't screw it up as much as DFBB. DFBB is supposed to look like an ugly drag-queen but most of the time they use a pretty or at least passable actress. Only in the Chow Yun Fatt version did they use an ugly old man in makeup.

Yeah, they used Lin Xinghe (that's her name, right?) in that Swordsman movie. WTF were they thinking? Not that I'm complaining.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Yeah, they used Lin Xinghe (that's her name, right?) in that Swordsman movie. WTF were they thinking? Not that I'm complaining.
    You mean Swordsman II with Jet Li? That would be Lin Ching Hsia or Brigette Lin, the Taiwanese actress who used to be the queen of soppy romance movies before she became the queen of cross-gender movie-roles, courtesy of Dongfang Bubai himself!
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Yeah, she was pretty hot in that one. I didn't watch her Taiwanese soaps. Only saw her in Swordsman and Jackie Chan's Police Story.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    They don't screw it up as much as DFBB. DFBB is supposed to look like an ugly drag-queen but most of the time they use a pretty or at least passable actress. Only in the Chow Yun Fatt version did they use an ugly old man in makeup.
    The DFBB in TVB's SOD 96 was a man in drag too. He looked quite disgusting in all the makeup and the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Both SOD96 (Jackie Lui version) and SOD2001 (Li Ya Peng version) also use a man to play DFBB. The SOD2001 one is pretty good-looking, but the SOD96's DFBB fits perfectly with your 'ugly drag-queen' description.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Both SOD96 (Jackie Lui version) and SOD2001 (Li Ya Peng version) also use a man to play DFBB. The SOD2001 one is pretty good-looking, but the SOD96's DFBB fits perfectly with your 'ugly drag-queen' description.
    I think the SOD96 version had the best portrayal of DFBB. He was decked out in pink robes and even strutted around like a high-class prostitute. It was everything I imagined DFBB to be. Too bad the fight scene portrated him "shooting" his needles though.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

The DFBB in the Singapore version was actually the most beautiful actress i have ever seen in all the XAJH series i have seen. I was like WTF!! She totally overshadowed Fann Wong.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

From reading the book (2nd edition), it's hard to tell whether he "loved" DFBB. However, my impression is that YLT cared for DFBB to the point where at least he wasn't just using him. YLT wasn't evil per se, he was just one of those power hungry people who didn't hesitate to eliminate enemies.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    The DFBB in the Singapore version was actually the most beautiful actress i have ever seen in all the XAJH series i have seen. I was like WTF!! She totally overshadowed Fann Wong.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/bloodstar4/dongfang2.jpg')

That's her. I don't blame YLT for wanting to be with DFBB if she looks like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodstar
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/bloodstar4/dongfang2.jpg')

That's her. I don't blame YLT for wanting to be with DFBB if she looks like that.
    Can't remmy if they retained the YLT thing in the Singapore one since they altered it quite alot and she was in love with LHC like the movie.