Thread: Sun Zi Mou Lue 《孙子谋略》

Default Sun Zi Mou Lue 《孙子谋略》

I just got the series this morning. It seems to have a high production value but I'm still unsure of the quality of the series or what the series want to be. Is it a bibliography? Yes and no. Is it more a fictionalized account? I'm not sure..

Your opinions here, plzz
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-08-11 at 01:15 AM.
    Heavy sword with blunt edges, simplicity brings superiority. Before I reached the age of forty, I used it to roam the entire world under Heaven. (Dugu Seeking-A-Loss)

After the age of forty, I no longer relied on weaponry. Even bushes, trees, bamboo sticks or rocks call all be my swords. From then on, I achieved great progress and slowly reached the realm of overcoming the sword without a sword.(Dugu Seeking-A-Loss)

Have you got a link or something as there are several series about him and i don't think any are historical that i have seen.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Yeah, which Sun Zi series would this be? The newest one, Sun Zi Mou Lue? Sun Zi Bing Fa? Sun Zi Bing Fa Yu 36 Ji? I've never seen any of the first, saw only a bit of the second, and watched the third in its entirety. Sun Zi Bing Fa Yu 36 Ji is definitely not very historically accurate, but is quite an enjoyable series. I don't recall much from Sun Zi Bing Fa (starring the actor who played Liu Bei in San Guo Yan Yi and has other SGYY alums in it including the actors who played Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, and Cao Cao) except that the colors were really bad and the story wasn't very appealing. Again, no comment on Sun Zi Mou Lue since I haven't seen it.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 09-23-05 at 11:39 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

That's the one Lady Zhuge.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...ection-videos/

The production value seems quite grand.
    Heavy sword with blunt edges, simplicity brings superiority. Before I reached the age of forty, I used it to roam the entire world under Heaven. (Dugu Seeking-A-Loss)

After the age of forty, I no longer relied on weaponry. Even bushes, trees, bamboo sticks or rocks call all be my swords. From then on, I achieved great progress and slowly reached the realm of overcoming the sword without a sword.(Dugu Seeking-A-Loss)

Well, apparently you're going to be the first one around here to watch it, so please let us know what you think once you're done, 'kay? Thanks.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

No problem. I still can't believe nobody else has seen it. This means that I have to judge the series on my own. Oh well...

I've watched Sun Zi Bing Fa Yu 36 Ji and thought it was passable. It has a color problem. Very washed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    I've watched Sun Zi Bing Fa Yu 36 Ji and thought it was passable. It has a color problem. Very washed out.
    I liked how they were able to illustrate all 36 strategies in a mainly continuous story. The acting was pretty good too. What disappointed me the most was the ending.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Think he didn't have much choice but to leave for seclusion. Had he stayed after his victory, court intriques about him and the Empress would surface again from officals who are jealous of him. Then, likely both the Empress and him would lose their heads since the Emporer is very weak and jealous.

His fault actually to sacrifice his lover to the Emporer just to ensure that the new Empress would force the Emporer to give him full control over the military campaign. All his previous setbacks were precisely because his employers withheld full control from him.

He was driven by his ambition and ended up with nothing after his final success.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I liked how they were able to illustrate all 36 strategies in a mainly continuous story. The acting was pretty good too. What disappointed me the most was the ending.

He was driven by his ambition and ended up with nothing after his final success.
    I don't mind that he went into seclusion, but he should have at least ended up with one of the sisters, though.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Wasn't Sun Tzu supposed to be killed at the end?

The title referred to Sun Tzu's Art of War in 36 Chapters. One known copy was kept by a master scholar. He gave it to one of his students who is a direct descendant of Sun Tzu and also because he believe this student will make an honourable man with exceptional ability to use the treatise. The story then develops on how this man used the knowledge to help various kingdoms that were invaded.

He had a hard time firstly he was betrayed and crippled by a fellow student who wanted to steal his treatise. Later when other states invited him to be their grand military strategist, they withheld full authority as they did not trust him as he was not a citizen of those kingdoms.

Pretty ok series except the colours were very washed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Kang
    Last edited by Surferket; 09-23-05 at 11:23 AM.

LOL he couldn't not because he didn't want to. One is an Empress and the other one sort of blames him for the death of her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I don't mind that he went into seclusion, but he should have at least ended up with one of the sisters, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Kang
    Surferket's right. "Sun Zi Bing Fa Yu 36 Ji" is actually about Sun Zi's descendent Sun Bin (a military advisor for the kingdom of Qi during the Warring States Period) and his rivalry with Pang Juan. The story is only about 5% historically accurate since they had to take events from other time periods in order to effectively illustrate all 36 strategies in a sensical story.

LOL he couldn't not because he didn't want to. One is an Empress and the other one sort of blames him for the death of her husband.
    Aw who cares if she's the Empress. That's a minor detail; they could have just eloped or something.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")