Thread: HSDS Ermei, what happened to the martial uncles?

Default HSDS Ermei, what happened to the martial uncles?

In HSDS Ermei was definately a major sect but where was the martial uncles, i mean the fellow apprentices of Nun No mercy? Its pretty stupid to have such a huge gap between the leader and the next in line for leadership. Because with sects like Shaolin if the abbot dies then one of his apprentice brothers take over the helm and they generally have the same skill level. So what happened to Ermei's ones? Was it mentioned in the book about them ?

The only significant martial uncle was Gu Hongzi, I think. But he died many many years ago after he lost a duel to Yang Xiao.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    The only significant martial uncle was Gu Hongzi, I think. But he died many many years ago after he lost a duel to Yang Xiao.
    i may be completely wrong but i thought Gu Hongzi was female? The terms "shi1 shu1" and "shi1 bo2" are used for females as well (just like Xu Zhu calls Tian Shan Tong Lao "shi bo") and i thought i read in HSDS that the best skills of Emei were imparted only to the female disciples and not the males? So if Gu Hongzi was as skilled as Miejue then logically Gu Hongzi would be female.

Gu Hongzi is a male. And it is true that the best martial arts skills were taught to girl students. But i'm not sure if this was just during Miejue's era or laid down as a practice since Guo Xiang.

Btw, Is Gu Hongzi an Ermei disciple? I always had the impression that he was Miejue's brother disciple when she haven't entered Ermei. I may be wrong.

As for why Miejue had no martial arts sister, that IS weird. Maybe she was the youngest in her batch and the most promising (like Zhiruo) and the rest had died by then? She was very old already since her oldest disciples with the first name Jing were also middle aged women. And also I think she was definitely the best fighter of her batch. Her internal energy cultivation should be higher than the rest of her martial arts sisters so therefore in battles, the chances of her other martial arts sisters dying is higher and also they may not live to such a long age as her even if they were younger than her because they didn't have as much internal energy. Plus I think she had spent many years persecuting Ming Jiao to avenge Gu Hongzi and a lot of Ermei disciples had died in her cause. This may explain the lack of similar generation or higher generation Ermei Disciples.

Just my own speculation. of course there's no real answer to this.

All the other martial uncles and the other martial aunties married each other and left Er'mei in happiness. As simple as that. Miejue was the only stupid one that stayed.

lol, i just felt that a major sect that had no other senior figures except the leader was a bit odd cause once the leader dies then the whole sect would be thrown into chaos(which it did)

To be able to take the post as the leader of Ermei, Meijue killed all fellow students in her generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Thai guy
    To be able to take the post as the leader of Ermei, Meijue killed all fellow students in her generation.
    Wow that's one nasty theory.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

meijue was a grand disiple of guo xiang, it's unlikely she ever meet her grandteacher or at least knew her well. guo xiang might have had some female and male students (7 like ZSF?) and decided to teach the best only to female students. the three? female students taught a couple of students each and only a few became nuns and were eligble for leadership and miejue was the best candidate. the others might have died or stayed behind in e-mei (temple?)during the attack on bright peak to look after the place or were to old to leave.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by SkineePanda
    All the other martial uncles and the other martial aunties married each other and left Er'mei in happiness. As simple as that. Miejue was the only stupid one that stayed.
    Was it not the case that ZZR was the only member of Emei to have gotten married up to that point?

----------------

Also have a question about Jia Xiao Fu (Miejue's first favourite). Miejue wanted her to succeed her but was marrying her off to the 6th Wudang Hero. How was this supposed to work since i assume she would go to Wudang after the marriage?
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

I guess she wanted her to succeed only if she brings back the head of Yang Xiao.
    Still doesn't make sense if only nuns are allowed to become clan leader, since she is no longer chaste anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    Was it not the case that ZZR was the only member of Emei to have gotten married up to that point?

----------------

Also have a question about Jia Xiao Fu (Miejue's first favourite). Miejue wanted her to succeed her but was marrying her off to the 6th Wudang Hero. How was this supposed to work since i assume she would go to Wudang after the marriage?
    I think Miejue intended it to be a political marriage. A alliance with Wudang. JXF would still be leader at Er'mei, Yan Liting may follow her at her side but probably not the other way around. And of all 7 heroes, why marry her off to Yan Liting? Becoz he was the most soft-hearted and sentimental of them all. Miejue knew he would be a pushover in the relationship and JXF would be able to use him(and Wudang to a limit) at her will. Miejue that devious old fox.
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    guo xiang might have had some female and male students (7 like ZSF?) and decided to teach the best only to female students.

Never knew QX was a sexist

Quote Originally Posted by wuming
    Never knew QX was a sexist
    Blame it on Yeung Gor. I always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    LOL

Typical chick behaviour. One guy rejects her, she takes it out on all guys

Damn you YG!!!
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.