Thread: Singapore Drama and theme songs

Default Singapore Drama and theme songs

Does anyone know where I can buy Singapore drama series in DVD with English subtitle? Also where can I find theme songs CD to buy? Do they sell this in Singapore at all? Thanks.

I am not too sure about Singapore drama in DVDs, but they are definitely available in VCDs, can be found easily in video stores in Singapore. But only the more popular shows are available.

As for the drama theme songs, Mediacorp occasionally comes out with CD collection of drama theme songs. They used to have the Morning Express Series, I am not sure whether the series is still continuing now, but CDs store here do stock them.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I am not too sure about Singapore drama in DVDs, but they are definitely available in VCDs, can be found easily in video stores in Singapore. But only the more popular shows are available.

As for the drama theme songs, Mediacorp occasionally comes out with CD collection of drama theme songs. They used to have the Morning Express Series, I am not sure whether the series is still continuing now, but CDs store here do stock them.

Thank you very much for your respond. Do you know if VCDs have subtitle?
    About CDs, you mean I can find them in Singapore music store? Once again, thank you.

I am pretty sure the VCDs have subtitles, English ones, since they are usually replicas of what was shown on the TV.

Yes, you definitely can find the CDs in Singapore music stores, but since many of the CDs are quite dated (release a quite a few years ago), you might not be able to find the earlier ones. Do you live in Singapore? If yes then you should probably call up the music stores and enquire before heading down to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I am pretty sure the VCDs have subtitles, English ones, since they are usually replicas of what was shown on the TV.

Yes, you definitely can find the CDs in Singapore music stores, but since many of the CDs are quite dated (release a quite a few years ago), you might not be able to find the earlier ones. Do you live in Singapore? If yes then you should probably call up the music stores and enquire before heading down to buy.

Thank you very much for your info. I'm very appreciated.

Singapore Drama and Themesong are quite good though.

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho
    Thank you very much for your respond. Do you know if VCDs have subtitle?
    About CDs, you mean I can find them in Singapore music store? Once again, thank you.
    you have to be careful though.. some singapore-china collaborations have 2 versions of the dvd/vcd. one is singapore and one is china. the content is the same though one has english subtitles and the other does not. another difference is that sometimes the singapore version has theme song sung by mediacorp actors but the chinese version is i-dunno-who.

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

i think mediacorp sorta sucksd sry 2 offend
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

For what I know, sometimes in China there are Mediacorp's drama VCD, but in Singapore none.

And added to that, all the artistes vocal have been dubbed by the Chinese people there cos they said our artistes speak lousy mandarin and they can't understand what they were talking about.

A lot of Chinese people are searching for the vcd of The Magnate too, as they have saw this drama a few years ago on China TV and they would like to watch it again. But Mediacorp is slow to react, they still do not want to earn this money? LOL.

Forgive me for bumping an old thread, but I need a 'lil help since I'm not residing in Singapore.

Can anyone tell me what are the title of the songs in Potrait of Home II/Tong Xin Yuan II? Or if you have them, can you provide me with a link/email me([email protected]) the songs. If you don't have the entire soundtrack, the opening theme will do.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Default hmm...

anyone here got the soundtrack theme song from chu lu the series program? from 1999 singapore? the song is I Can Take Hardship. so anyone here got the song plz give me the link to download the song. thks

Quote Originally Posted by mythofhope
    anyone here got the soundtrack theme song from chu lu the series program? from 1999 singapore? the song is I Can Take Hardship. so anyone here got the song plz give me the link to download the song. thks
    I have the song... do u have a streamload account?... i can streamload it to u...

Singaporan Themesongs are okay. Some are good and some are avarage.