Thread: The fate of these characters

Default The fate of these characters

What happened to these characters as they last appeared in the novel?

DGSD
    ---
    Quan Guanqing of Beggar Union
    Zuo Zimu of Wuliang Sword Sect

ROCH
    ---
    Yin Zhiping (or whatever his name is in 3rd ed.) - how exactly did he get stabbed?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

According to Elder Wu, the Beggars slayed Quan Guan Qing. He told XF this at the end of the story, when the wulin folks went to rescue XF, and he was trying to persuade XF to return to lead the Beggars' Clan again.

I'm not sure about the guy from Wuliang Sword Sect. To be honest, I didn't pay much attention to him. Sorry.

I've yet to read ROCH, hence, I can't help you there too. Sorry.

wasnt zuo zimu one of the guys that got enslaved by shen si fu ? if so, xuzhu probably cured him and the others and they pledged their allegience to him after that

yin zhiping commited suicide after it was exposed that he raped xiaolong nu. he stabbed himself on xiaolongnu' sword i think.. or maybe it was qiu chujis

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Zuo Zimu was present when it was revealed that Xuzhu was the heir of Tonglao. He even had a line. He said something like:"Please forgive us for rebelling. We were just very anxious and made a terrible mistake. We are willing to accept punishment in any form."

Maybe he was there when all those Wulin people went to the Liao Kingdom to save Xiao Feng. If he did go it is not certain if he survived or he died in the melee.

Yin Zhiping [尹志平] sort of faded away in third edition, he was hardly mentioned at all. And did not even make any appearances afterwards in the more important chapters of ROCH.
    Zhen Zhibing [甄志丙], the one who raped Xiao Longnu, threw himself on the swords of his martial arts brothers.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Thanks guys.

Zhen Zhibing [甄志丙], the one who raped Xiao Longnu, threw himself on the swords of his martial arts brothers
    In the second edition, the paragraph describing Yin Zhiping's death was rather confusing to me. It seems Yin threw himself on Dragon Girl's sword, but then Dragon Girl ultimately thrusted it in more, intentionally killing him with her hands. Is this correct? So can we say that Dragon Girl is the one that killed Yin Zhiping in the 2nd edition? 小龙女第一剑,还可说是由于法王之故,但第二剑却是存心出手

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    but then Dragon Girl ultimately thrusted it in more, intentionally killing him with her hands.
    Yin Zhiping fell from the first sword after saving XLN from JLFW’s wheels, and suffered a life-threatening injury on his back in the process. The ‘second injury from her sword’ in Qiu Chuji’s eyes seemed to have already sent YZP to his grave (but if we look at Chapter 27, it wasn’t so). The paragraph before your quoted Chinese text, briefly brought up XLN’s reluctance to take people’s lives away, and for that reason never forced it in when YZP was lying on the ground. YZP’s words invoked some devastating memories from her, but luckily she maintained her composure.

If you want to be clear about the whole incident, you can read my English translation of this in the translations section of this forum. But that’s if you can stand the raw and note-like state it’s presented in.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.