Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! decide between Brink of Law & Heart of Greed

Default HELP! decide between Brink of Law & Heart of Greed

I haven't seen neither of them. Since I just moved to new apt and there's no place that I could rent the series, I'm thinking about buying one online. Plus, I need it in Thai dubbed.

Both series look really good. If I can get one series ONLY, which one would you suggest??

THanks

Just to let you guys know about my taste, My fav drama are Cold Blood Warm Heart and Revolving Door of Vengeance.

Which one would you think worth buying?

no doubt about it..the only watchable drama in 2007 is HOG..but will be better if you watch it in original cantonese with maybe thai sub..

BOL is average for me..

I liked both Brink of Law and Heart of Greed, but I would definitely recommend Heart of Greed.
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by lennyd44 View Post
    I haven't seen neither of them. Since I just moved to new apt and there's no place that I could rent the series, I'm thinking about buying one online. Plus, I need it in Thai dubbed.

Both series look really good. If I can get one series ONLY, which one would you suggest??

THanks

Brink of Law is pretty average. Well, I wouldn't spend money to buy it, but I think Heart of Greed maybe a good one to buy.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by lennyd44 View Post
    Just to let you guys know about my taste, My fav drama are Cold Blood Warm Heart and Revolving Door of Vengeance.

Which one would you think worth buying?
    I would go for CBWH.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Am I the only one who thinks BOL is better?.. It's not as draggy imo

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea_fan View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks BOL is better?.. It's not as draggy imo
    I don't know if it's better, but in my opinion it's up there with HOG.

My suggestion honestly would be to watch both. But based on your past likings, I think HOG would be a better choice for you if you had to make a decision.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://riderfans.com/forum/image.php?u=129&type=sigpic&dateline=1196205212'), '')

I would go for HOG too...IMO, I think BOL was another average series w/ the exception of Michelle playing a evil character which was different to watch...HOG, doesn't have the most original story but I still think the story was better than BOL...So go for HOG...I miss "Duk Duk Dei" now

u dont even need to think/consider, just go get heart of greed. heart of greed is prob the best series this year.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Though I haven't seen Heart of Greed yet, I have The Brink of Law, which is very boring. The first big half of the series is very draggy and only the last five episodes is worth watching. I am very interested in Heart of Greed because of its cast, especially Raymond, though he only plays a cameo role there. Anyway, getting back to The Brink of Law, if you are interested read more about it in site. I wrote a review for it. Go to TVB Today.

Quote Originally Posted by tvbtoday View Post
    Though I haven't seen Heart of Greed yet, I have The Brink of Law, which is very boring. The first big half of the series is very draggy and only the last five episodes is worth watching. I am very interested in Heart of Greed because of its cast, especially Raymond, though he only plays a cameo role there. Anyway, getting back to The Brink of Law, if you are interested read more about it in site. I wrote a review for it. Go to TVB Today.
    Raymond is guest star not a cameo role..in fact he has more scenes than Bosco..

Quote Originally Posted by kopites View Post
    Raymond is guest star not a cameo role..in fact he has more scenes than Bosco..
    No, Bosco has more than him 13 mins
    ::RLzoo:: -> Fan site of Raymond Lam

Welcome

how can you even count? lol

my suggestion...watch both if you can...the 2 series are great in different ways

my suggestion if u REALLY HAVE TO PICK ONE is Heart of Greed...
    according to me: better cast, plot, life lessons, especially quotes by Lee See Kei, great villian too..lol
    Best Series: Family Man, Triumph in the Skies, The Last Breakthrough, Heart of Greed
    Actors: Moses Chan, Raymond Lam, Steven Ma
    Actress: Jessica Hsuan
    Character: Dek Dek Dei

Quote Originally Posted by triumph2004 View Post
    how can you even count? lol

my suggestion...watch both if you can...the 2 series are great in different ways
    Someone in Bosco's forum have the cut version ( only have Bosco ) and she gave the time ( dun rmb well exactly how many).

I have the cut version ( only have Fung), I think it's funny so I count the time. I just rmb that's around 13 mins.
    ::RLzoo:: -> Fan site of Raymond Lam

Welcome

HOG is far better than TBOL. Susanna is a brilliant villain. TBOL was too draggy in the beginning, but it gets way better in the second half. HOG sort of drags at certain points. But that could be because I found the family more interesting than the love triangle.

I didn't like Brink of Law even though Steven Ma is in it. They just killed people off episode after episode. I didn't think it was that good.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

i say heart of Greed XDD

loll maybe Bosco had 13 min more but he spend most of his screentime as human props hahaha XD..Ray had more focus in the story

Between the two series, I actually enjoyed The Brink of Law more than Heart of Greed. HOG is over-rated in my opinion. Though it has a much better casts than BOL, I didn't quite the storyline, it's too draggy and at the same time unrealistic. So I would recommend Brink of Law better.