Thread: Single Home 'Dan Shen Su She Lian Huan Pao'

Talking Single Home 'Dan Shen Su She Lian Huan Pao'

Single Home 'Dan Shen Su She Lian Huan Pao' 2003

Cast: Li Wei (Zheng Tai ), An Yi Xuan ( Yu Ruoxue ) , Liang Wenbin ( Youmei ), Dou Zhi Kong (James )

Story: Zheng Tai is a honest village guy who has a girlfriend Youmei since childhood. Zheng Ta's father owns a small furniture shop in their village and has been doing small business for more than 30 years. Being taught by his dad on wood work since young, Zheng Ta is very talented and skilful in wood work. Zheng Ta's greatest dream is to become a furniture designer in the city Taipei. Without a degree certificate, he managed to get a job working as a wood labouror at the Crane Wood Furniture Factory in the big city Taipei.

In spite of his dad's disapproval, Zheng Tai was determined to go to Taipei to strive for his future. At the train station, Zheng Tai is just getting ready to leave his hometown and go to the big city Taipei to start his new career. You Mei was in her tears to send him off and puts the pair of dolls into his hands…

When Zheng Tai reaches Taipei, he proceeded to the factory's male dormitory. There, he met his two roommates James a young playboy and Tian Wei, a senior guy who is an obstinate and funny guy. Both of them are his fellow colleagues working as wood labourors together with Zheng Tai. Very soon, all the three became good friends. Not only the three of them have to live together with but they have to sleep in the same room day and night and also work in the same factory. Usually, after work, they will hang out together.

James is a playboy in character and he often hang out with girls. Tian Wei's is a responsible senior worker but he has a weird hobby of being a peeping tom! He has a telescope at the roof top to view on the opposite building windows to look at the female workers of the female's dormitory just next to the male's dormitory. When Zheng Ta visited the roof top, Tian Wei invites him to view his telescope and Zheng Ta accidentally sees a very pretty and nice girl who is crying at the window. This girl is Yu Ruoxue and she works in the Human Resource Department. Tianwei told Zheng Ta that Ruoxue is the prettiest girl here and has a nickname called Xiaoxue. ( Small Snow )

The next morning in the factory, Ruoxue approached Zheng Tai and asked him to fill in the form for his particulars as Zheng Tai is new and just joined the company. After a while when Ruoxue turned to leave, she forgot to take along her pen. Zheng Ta then called out to her " Miss Xiaoxue! You forgot your pen!" Ruoxue was amazed on how come Zheng Ta knew her nickname and then gave Zheng Ta a weird look and suspected that Zheng Ta had joined Tian Wei in viewing the telescope to look at the girls' dormitory windows.

Ruoxue: "Bian Tai!" ( means Pervert )
    Zheng Ta was the honest and dumb enough type to reply back: " Er...sorry. my name is not Bian Tai. My name is Zheng Tai."

Zheng Tai did not expect that Ruoxue will have a big impact on his life as the story goes on...

The scene was so funny! This is a comedy drama which is heartwarming and fun to watch! Highly recommended!

Ady's role in this show is the pretty and cute Xiaoxue. I would say that this 'modern' character is almost the same as Xiao Yanzi ( from The Outsiders ) who is willing to sacrifice herself at times in pursue for her love. Xiaoxue is stronger than Xiao Yanzi...ha ha...maybe this show is more of a comedy and Xiaoxue's problems can never compare with Xiao Yanzi's...
    Last edited by Duan Yu; 10-05-05 at 10:34 AM.

Default Single Home

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/418586f0z4708e930/626a/__sr_/f858.jpg?phVfdRDBagJcoRy7')

Ady An Yixuan is very cute!
    Nice to meet you all! Welcome to join in for any discussion!

Have any pictures? I need picture..the only person I know is Ady An Yi Xuan

Default Pictures...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/418586f0z4708e930/626a/__sr_/f858.jpg?phQgGbDBtepZoRy7') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/418586f0z4708e930/626a/__sr_/c1b2.jpg?phQgGbDBxk9N6EFg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/418586f0z4708e930/626a/__sr_/882e.jpg?phQgGbDBc_j3esAa') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/418586f0z4708e930/626a/__sr_/3c64.jpg?phQgGbDBOpKRO_WR')
    Last edited by Duan Yu; 11-05-05 at 04:51 AM.

Duan Yu: I can't see the pix...all I see is red exes

Default Private message

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate
    Duan Yu: I can't see the pix...all I see is red exes
    Perhapes there's something wrong with your internet browser or the server's problem...
    Last edited by Duan Yu; 10-07-05 at 11:10 PM.

Default I just updated the pictures.

I just updated the pictures. Everyone should be able to view them now.

Just rented this series because of Ady. the first 2 episodes seem pretty slow-paced but there are a couple of comical moments which made me laugh out loud. Li Wei's pretty good as the earnest and naive country pumpkin and so is Bobby Dou, the flirty playboy. Ady's so beautiful in here but her role (for now) seems rather bland. But i do agree that scene where she tricked Li Wei's character into admitting that he peeped at her was pretty funny..Ady's expressions were priceless! There seems to be a love traingle later on with Li Wei, Ady and Li Wei's childhood lover..i wonder who Li Wei'll pick..hope it's Ady cause I dont quite fancy the actress as his childhood lover.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    Just rented this series because of Ady. the first 2 episodes seem pretty slow-paced but there are a couple of comical moments which made me laugh out loud. Li Wei's pretty good as the earnest and naive country pumpkin and so is Bobby Dou, the flirty playboy. Ady's so beautiful in here but her role (for now) seems rather bland. But i do agree that scene where she tricked Li Wei's character into admitting that he peeped at her was pretty funny..Ady's expressions were priceless! There seems to be a love traingle later on with Li Wei, Ady and Li Wei's childhood lover..i wonder who Li Wei'll pick..hope it's Ady cause I dont quite fancy the actress as his childhood lover.

isn't li wei with Ady in fast track love?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    isn't li wei with Ady in fast track love?
    Yes that's the second time she's working with Li Wei. She first paired up with Li Wei in this series..which is one of Ady's first few series before she got popular in "The Outsiders". Bobby Dou as well..i think they were newcomers when they acted in here. But their acting's pretty good for newcomers.

Wise Fool

Am halfway through this series and the plot is expectedly cliched but the jokes and comical scenes are surprisingly funny and entertaining for once. Some series tend to crack the most boring and lame jokes.

Finally get to see Ady in her younger and less experienced days and she is so beautiful and fresh-looking, as compared to now. Her relationship with Li Wei is pretty bland and boring though and so is her character. But the most boring characters would be Li Wei's robotic character the other female lead who plays Li Wei's gf, a sweet-looking doll and nothing more.

In fact, the leading characters are not the show-stealers. It is the supporting cast who are the hilarious and entertaining ones. Especially Li Wei's 2 buddies in the series, one of them being Bobby Dou, who is a natural comedian. His relationship with the hideous-looking girl and Li Wei's other buddy's relationship with Ady's ugly friend are just hilarious.

Wise Fool

Ive uploaded the opening video of "single home/dormitory" for anyone interested
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgV_8KcLZE0

will post some SCs of Ady later

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    In fact, the leading characters are not the show-stealers. It is the supporting cast who are the hilarious and entertaining ones. Especially Li Wei's 2 buddies in the series, one of them being Bobby Dou, who is a natural comedian. His relationship with the hideous-looking girl and Li Wei's other buddy's relationship with Ady's ugly friend are just hilarious.
    Have just finished watching this show. Didn't even realise that it is at least 3 years old! Totally agree that the lead actor and actress are very boring. I feel that Li Wei tried too hard to portray the innocent, ernest and simple country boy trying to make it in the big city. And the other girl who played Zheng Tai's gf was such a bore as well with no personality whatsoever. But the supporting actors, Bobby Dou and the other guy as well as the 2 girls, really helped to prop up the show. In fact, I feel that they stole the show from the leads, helping to inject humour throughout. I only perked up when these people appeared. If not for them, I would have given up watching after the first few episodes.

Hi
    I have just recently watch this serial on U-Channel on TV and have missed a few episode as well as the ending. I try to look for this in the VCD shops and couldn't find it.

Does anyone know where in SG can I find this serial. Thanks !