Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Good Old Days

Quote Originally Posted by jparadize View Post
    amy n gilbert are supposed to act in a drama series (yu fu you shu) where they are a married couple. in the show, amy found out gilbert has another girlfriend and they broke up. but in the end, they end up together again. it's supposed to be a comedy and it's supposed to be up by now. but but but... atv cancel the the drama. and that's sad. =(

They canceled ANOTHER ONE? What is wrong with them? Do they have something against AMY? I swear!

ARGGGHH, these people ticks me off!

I would love to see them together, and this time I MEAN TOGETHER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jparadize View Post
    yes yes yes.... i prefer love in a miracle. =)
    Same here, I prefer LIAM. But again, we cannot really compare these two too much. I mean the era they were made in is totally different. KEKEKE..

There is no doubt that Steven and Amy has good chemistry ONSCREEN. LIAM was soo touching!

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas View Post
    I prefers Fated Love. Enjoyed all 3 series (Good Old days, Love in A Miracle & Fated Love) by Amy & Steve. Perfect couple!
    Fated Love was a great one too. All 3 were great. But overall I think the storyline of LIAM was newer and more attractive IMO. I thought FL was amazing, but there were too much misfortune in it that it furstrated me.

Quote Originally Posted by Linh-e-Pooh View Post
    Fated Love was a great one too. All 3 were great. But overall I think the storyline of LIAM was newer and more attractive IMO. I thought FL was amazing, but there were too much misfortune in it that it furstrated me.

You've got a good point on FL. I can't stand Choi Mei (Carrie Ng), she is so cruel and keeps seeking revenge.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

You've got a good point on FL. I can't stand Choi Mei (Carrie Ng), she is so cruel and keeps seeking revenge.
    Yes, Carrie's character really urges me. I mean, I understand that she's hurt, but GOD her hurt caused so much pain to all around her.

I mean, I dont think she really loves Steven all that much. Its more like she's mental! The only reason she became so obsessed with taking him back is because she's insane!

I really like Amy's character in here, but the thing is her character is way too good. LOLZ! A bit too goof to be true. I mean she went through so much.

The storyline is pretty good tough, but I really disliked Steven's attitude. I meant, yeah, he was born into a rich family, with (as they say) "he was born with a gold spoon in his mouth" I dont expect him to change his ways immediately. But after all he went through with Amy, he cant just listen to his wife and spend less. I mean, its frustrating watching him continuously misunderstanding Amy. The worst part is, him sleeping with Carrie. I know he doesnt want to, but he did it and OH WELL for him. And to get Amy back, he threaten her saying that "she'll only hurt her mother and her father-in-law if she divorces him" ARGGGGGGGGGGGH... He frustrated me so much when he told her that.

By-and-by I thought the series was reall well done. I guess the fact that the character had annoyed me as much as it did only proves that the series was that good.

Amy Chan did a great job. She's proven once again that she is GREAT!

An applaud must go to the man who plays Steven's father, I thought he delivered a very strong performance. I really felt his pain when he was forced to tell his beloved daughter-in-law to leave his son. OUCH! That was very painful, and done extremely well. I thought of all the male performance his was the best. Of course Steven did well too, but he tended to overreact a bit too much. LOLZ!
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

I like this series a lot ! The realism, the pacing, the ost ( BEAUTIFUL SOUDTRACK !!! ), the casting, the costumes, ... it was long but it was all worthing !!!

I'm really glad I spent all those hours watching the series. Amy Chan's a great actress !

Yeah, I just recently burned this series onto DVDs. It's a great one for keeps. Rewatching it does not bore my family at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Annisa View Post
    Yeah, I just recently burned this series onto DVDs. It's a great one for keeps. Rewatching it does not bore my family at all.
    Yeppiers, I've rewatched it 4 times in the past 7 months! I'm gonna rewatch it again soon. ^_^

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Wow. That's a lot of rewatching, haha. But Amy Chan does not fail to impress, that's for sure.

Same here! I've re-watched TGOD 5 times already. My favorite is TGOD Part 1 is eps 8 onwards after Amy married to Steven from mistreating her to falling in love with her. However, I don't like Sheren Tang (Mun Fong) in Part 1. I prefer her in Part 2 when she & Amy were like sisters.

Same here! I've re-watched TGOD 5 times already. My favorite is TGOD Part 1 is eps 8 onwards after Amy married to Steven from mistreating her to falling in love with her. However, I don't like Sheren Tang (Mun Fong) in Part 1. I prefer her in Part 2 when she & Amy were like sisters.

LOLZ... I've started rewatching it again today, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It still makes my heart wrench and ache, everytime I see it.

I do love the parts where Ho Sang realizes he'd married such a beautiful and wonderful wife too, and then onwards. HAHA, the time they've spent together was so short, but it was so romantic and charming. I love how devote she was and everything. HEHE, it broke my heart seeing Sau Hau continually suffer, but again, that's why I love her! Even though the series was long, I didnt think it was a single bit boring. Amy never fail to impress me, neither does Gilbert, Sheren, and Steven.

I really didnt like Sheren at first and sometimes her actions really frustrates me, but I understand and pity her bc the man she's wasted so many years of her life yearning for, ended up not loving her. Its a pity, but that doesnt mean she gets to go crazy. HAHA, but I enjoyed her and Amy's chemistry as sisters. They are just great as a team. I felt every bit of their love and hate towards each other. LOVE IT!

The series is just UNBELIEVALE! Cant get enough of it!

Amy Chan rocks as Tse Sau Hau!

I don't think any girl in this world have the personality as Sau Hau in this series tho. There are some parts which is pretty boring in Part 2 when Ho Sang's friend (Ping) came and stay with Sau Hau and eventually he fell in love with her. I think those scenes are boring even when he ended up with Maggie. Amy looks prettier in Part 1 but in Part 2, she looked haggard. Even Ho Sang looked skinny ...well perhaps since he went to war, he got skinner! The other couple I like is Gilbert and Sau Lai (Amy's sister) especially the part when Gilbert keeps rejecting her but eventually he fell for her.

I don't think any girl in this world have the personality as Sau Hau in this series tho. There are some parts which is pretty boring in Part 2 when Ho Sang's friend (Ping) came and stay with Sau Hau and eventually he fell in love with her. I think those scenes are boring even when he ended up with Maggie. Amy looks prettier in Part 1 but in Part 2, she looked haggard. Even Ho Sang looked skinny ...well perhaps since he went to war, he got skinner! The other couple I like is Gilbert and Sau Lai (Amy's sister) especially the part when Gilbert keeps rejecting her but eventually he fell for her.
    I didnt find Sau Hau's parts boring at all! Even with Lok Ping came into play. The only part that were boring, but I sat through anyways, was Lok Ping's and Maggie's part (sorry, I cannot remember her character's name, lolz). When I rewatched the series after the first time, I ended up fastfowarding every scene that had Ping and Maggie. ^_^ They bore me half to death!

Amy did look prettier in Part 1, but that's because Part one introduced the innocent, naive, and faithful Tse Sau Hau, who only had to worry about the family affiars. Whereas when Part 2 started, Sau Hau was the working business woman, who had to care for the entire family and their growing business. She transformed into a more mature and responsible woman from Part 1 to Part 2. That transformation is what made me love her OH SO MUCH!

And remember, in Part 2, she was really ill after knowing what had happened to Ho Sang. Then prior to that, their business was in jeopardy because of the Japanese products (Sheren's fault!), and all those other things that she had to deal with. PLUS, she's supposed to look older! ^_^ NOT YOUNGER! RIGHT?

But did you realize that, while Sau Hau and Ho Sang got back together, during her pregnancy period. She looked so young, vibrant, and relaxed! I love her pregnant look, so peaceful, joyful, and COMPLETELY content. HAHAHA, from pregnancy to a few episodes onward, I thought that was when Sau Hau peaked (she's content with letting go of the business affair and just being the stay-at home mother she'd always wanted to be!).

But after the entire Japanese ruling thing, her happiness just kind of faded off. The FEAR of losing her lovers (son and hubby) just overwhelms you! She started looking pale and fragile!

I thought every look that she had during each phase of her life was suitable. She looked tired an exhausted when her hubby left to war the first time and after he did the illegal product transportation. She was happy, bulbbly, innocent, and naive prior to marriage and earlier in marriage. Then she looks like a happily married wife, with no worries and all the reason to be the happiest woman in the worlld during pragnancy and after the pregnancy, prior to war.

The looks just FITS!

How funny...in fact, I've also fast-forwarded all the scenes with Lok Ping & Ting Mun (Maggie). Gosh..we knew their character names so well! The part that was boring with Sau Hau & Lok Ping is when he taught her how to blow musical tunes with a leave. I think that scene is a waste of time.

When Ho Sang regained his memory and he started to pay more attention to Sau hau over Ting Mun, I love to watch those episodes onwards. I also like the scene after Ho Sang came back from smuggling goods, there was one night he came back and gave Sau Hau a red egg becoz it was her birthday. It was so touching!
    But did you noticed towards the end of Part 2, Sau Hau keeps wearing the same cheong sum (checkered purple) and when she keeps trying to get Ho Sang's memory back, her cheung sum is the light green one. Her clothing in Part 1 are much nicer ..... of coz that is when their business have not fall apart yet.

How funny...in fact, I've also fast-forwarded all the scenes with Lok Ping & Ting Mun (Maggie). Gosh..we knew their character names so well! The part that was boring with Sau Hau & Lok Ping is when he taught her how to blow musical tunes with a leave. I think that scene is a waste of time.

When Ho Sang regained his memory and he started to pay more attention to Sau hau over Ting Mun, I love to watch those episodes onwards. I also like the scene after Ho Sang came back from smuggling goods, there was one night he came back and gave Sau Hau a red egg becoz it was her birthday. It was so touching!
    But did you noticed towards the end of Part 2, Sau Hau keeps wearing the same cheong sum (checkered purple) and when she keeps trying to get Ho Sang's memory back, her cheung sum is the light green one. Her clothing in Part 1 are much nicer ..... of coz that is when their business have not fall apart yet.
    HAHA, yep! We know their names very well. Since I'm Vietnamese, I also know their Vietnamese name. HEHE, let's just say, its a healthy ADDICTION! ^_^ The part where the series focused on Lok Ping and Ting Mun's relationship was a bore the first time around and it continued the second time around. LOLZ, and yeah, the part where Lok Ping taught Sau Hau how to blow musical tunes from the leaf was kinda pointless, but it was nice (it helps us relate the later scene, when he blew the leaf after Ho Sang came back - proves Sau Hau to be a quick learner!)

I definitely love those scenes when Ho Sang regained his memory and divided most of his attention to Sau Hau. Ting Mun was SOOOO jealous, but she realized that he was only with her because of responsiblilty (much like Sheren!). Good thing she fled!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love the period where Sau Hau was pregnant, I think she looks gorgeous when she has the pregnant look. And the chemistry bw Amy and Steven shines during those times. I just love the scene where after Sau Hau gave birth; Ho Sang was holding Chang Wah (SP??) and gave Sau Hau these adorable looks saying that "Even if we have a few more kids, I'll be able to handle it!" and Sau Hau gave him a *Yeah, right!* look, that was adorable. Then the baby wetted himself and Ho Sang was all panic, ehehe, then she told him to change the baby, and he had this innocent face on. And in the end, Sau Hau changed the baby. That was just a cute scene, they looked like a real family!

And the scene you mentioned, on Sau Hau's brithday. Sau Hau was all sad when she didnt see Ho Sang come home from smuggling, but said to her son whilst he was asleep "Chang Wa, do you know today is y brithday? YADA YADA... I miss your father, but I am content... Because I have you by my side!" And then moments later Ho Sang came home, right b4 the day ended and gave her the red egg and told her he wouldnt ever miss her b-day. THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SWEET!

Sau Hau did wear the same cheung sum many times, but what is there to expect? The series is 60 something episodes long, haha, they have a low budget! ^_^ Wish to see more elaborated cheung sum, but I'm cool with the props, the storyline and wonderful acting compensates for all areas! The funniest thing here that I've never mentioned was:

- They own a fabric (clothing) store (well more than one later on), shouldnt they have plenty of clothings to change to and from? HAHA, weird!

But Amy looked great in Cheung Sums and Sheren in the more westernized vlothing articles. Steven looks great with the vest and dress pants (even in the army-wear). The same with Gilbert, he looks great in formal-wear!

Smile

Oh my god! I am watching The Good Old Days right now and Gilbert Lam is soooooo handsome and tall and dashing and cool and... Ahhhhhh! Love him so much! He looks so incredibly handsome in suits and formal wear. And when he started wearing spectacles, he looks wonderfully intelligent and sexy! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I'm going to faint from all this screaming. Someone please resuscitate me if I pass out from love for Gilbert Lam.

Smile

I'm up to episode ninety something, where Gilbert's character is thinking of joining the army. Oh, no! Please don't let him go! I really like watching him wear suits and he won't be wearing those suits if he joins the army! Will he join, though? I hope not! I don't want him to die in the end. He's my favorite character in the series!

Talking

It this series called Loa.n The^' Ti`nh Thu` in vietnamese??? Is this the same as War & Destiny from TVB with Myolie, Leila, Ron & Sunny ??? Honestly, I haven't watch both series , so I want to know ....

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Oh my god! I am watching The Good Old Days right now and Gilbert Lam is soooooo handsome and tall and dashing and cool and... Ahhhhhh! Love him so much! He looks so incredibly handsome in suits and formal wear. And when he started wearing spectacles, he looks wonderfully intelligent and sexy! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I'm going to faint from all this screaming. Someone please resuscitate me if I pass out from love for Gilbert Lam.
    Yeah, keep screaming. I yelled alot too whenever I watched him. I felt inlove with him in this series. Then I started watching HOTY and I love my Ye Lut Ho Nam even more. I love all the scenes of him and Amy in TGOD. Why couldn't they follow the original script and have them together? AWW.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I'm up to episode ninety something, where Gilbert's character is thinking of joining the army. Oh, no! Please don't let him go! I really like watching him wear suits and he won't be wearing those suits if he joins the army! Will he join, though? I hope not! I don't want him to die in the end. He's my favorite character in the series!
    No, he is not like his older brother. He is actually better imo. He helps the family established two fabric factories and took care of the family when Steve left for his own manly business, so he claimed, and left his wife + family all alone.

He doesn't die in the end. Though the end sucks for him I think. I think it would be better if he is just ended up by himself then having another girl jump into the story just to pair up with him. Pointless. Though I do think she is a replacement. He is too good. Love his character, whoo hoo.

You are not the only one who thinks he is the best character in there. AFter the series showed on tv, he and Amy both won best actor/actress awards. I think he totally deserved it.