Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Good Old Days

Thanks Linh-e-pooh. I've been waiting for you to jump in and continue the discussion.

Thanks Cedric for the list.

Wow, I did not know so many TVB actors/actresses are in here. Paul Chun often stars in some of the ATV series. I've seen a few with him in it already.

What role does Maggie play? Or should I wait and see?

Sheren Tang is so young in this series...she looks about the same as when she was in HSDS86. Of course, then she was very young, so was Maggie.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Ugh. I can't believe Steven Ma, in real life, married someone 21 years younger than him. She's old enough to be his daughter and they just had a son in June 2007. She's also in The Legend and Hero series with him.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Thanks Linh-e-pooh. I've been waiting for you to jump in and continue the discussion.

Thanks Cedric for the list.

Wow, I did not know so many TVB actors/actresses are in here. Paul Chun often stars in some of the ATV series. I've seen a few with him in it already.

What role does Maggie play? Or should I wait and see?

Sheren Tang is so young in this series...she looks about the same as when she was in HSDS86. Of course, then she was very young, so was Maggie.
    LOLZ, Linh-e-Pooh is always hear to discuss about any Amy series! And I've gotta love my man, Gilbert too! He's so awesome in here!

I don't want to spoil anything for you here, so I wouldn't give away Maggie's story. All I can tell you is, that she plays a somewhat annoying character at first, but she's really kindhearted; just cared too much for love! Otherwise, I personally thought her story was rather... BORING?!

Many fans of TGOD has told me the same; Maggie's storyline is a bit boring, so many fast forwarded her scenes. ^-^ But I've seen the entire series with very little fast forwarding the first time, but I went crazy fast forwarding the next few times that I've seen the series. And lets just say, about 70% of the fast forwarding scenes included Maggie!

Its nothing on Maggie as an actress; she's so gorgeous in here, but I cared little for such a boring character; though she did have some very sweet moments!
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Ugh. I can't believe Steven Ma, in real life, married someone 21 years younger than him. She's old enough to be his daughter and they just had a son in June 2007. She's also in The Legend and Hero series with him.

Steven did marry someone who is about 21 years younger than him; I never knew who she was until I saw Amy's version of the Yang series: Young Warrior. Steven's wife was the princess of Laos (who married Si Lang, aka Peter Ho).

Personally, I don't mind his marriage to someone so much younger, so I don't see that its a problem, nor was I ever bothered with it. If they're happy, that's fine by me! ^-^ But I do see how it kind of 'weird' you out; I'll admit, I was like that before!

And I thought they had a little girl? But again, I don't really bother searching up those info, I'm not a fan of either partners!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Linh,

I'm waiting for Steven to recognize Amy's good and fall for her, but he seem so stubborn and cold towards her. I'm at the part where they're married and he's always off doing work and avoiding her. I can totally see Sheren Tang coming in to separate them and cause problems for them. Plus she has the advantage of looking exactly like his first love.

When is Gilbert going to play a bigger role, so far he's just at odds with his dad.

Man, Why can't Gilbert Lam be the main actor, he's so much handsomer than Steven Ma. I'm tired of looking at Steven's dramatic face and cold looks. I can't believe his character got Sheren's character pregnant. And he's suppose to be all conservative.

Linh,

I'm waiting for Steven to recognize Amy's good and fall for her, but he seem so stubborn and cold towards her. I'm at the part where they're married and he's always off doing work and avoiding her. I can totally see Sheren Tang coming in to separate them and cause problems for them. Plus she has the advantage of looking exactly like his first love.

When is Gilbert going to play a bigger role, so far he's just at odds with his dad.
    ^-^ You will come to like Steven a bit more later, though it is hard to completely fall for the man! I guess seeing SH love HS so much, it helps you learn to love him a bit more as well; she has that effect on people!

Gilbert is going to play a larger role when SH leaves for war; this is when i started to LOVE him. Gilbert was just impecable as the FAMILY MAN! And just seeing how much he really loves SH, it hurts just thinking about it! ^-^

I do want to see Amy and Gilbert together, SOON! They would make a wonderful couple, IMO!

Geez. Where is Steve? Ever since he went to war, we've only seen letters sent from him to the family. There's absolutely no appearances of him at the war. It seems like Steve Ma is the guest star of this series. I've watched nearly half of the series and Steve Ma has not return from the war yet.

He'll be back...he isn't a guest star, that I can assure you. It makes a lot more sense when he does make his reappearance; the story is much more credible that way.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Appreciable series!!! always get into it while watching...

Geez. Where is Steve? Ever since he went to war, we've only seen letters sent from him to the family. There's absolutely no appearances of him at the war. It seems like Steve Ma is the guest star of this series. I've watched nearly half of the series and Steve Ma has not return from the war yet.

Steven will be returning after about 5+ episodes into the second part of the series!

SPOILERS

Originally, the series was written so that Gilbert and Amy's character ended together, after killing off Steven's character. BUT, because the writers realize that the majority of the audiences are traditional housewives, its best they keep Sua Hau as a traditional Chinese woman (not re-marrying, especially to her brother-in-law)!

After deciding to change the original script, they wrote Steven back into the story, as a soldier who lost his memory, but later regains it. ^_^

I personally like that script that they stuck with, because SH and HS's love is supposed to be the "IDEAL" love that defeats all odds!

Quote Originally Posted by Linh-e-Pooh View Post
    Steven will be returning after about 5+ episodes into the second part of the series!

SPOILERS

Originally, the series was written so that Gilbert and Amy's character ended together, after killing off Steven's character. BUT, because the writers realize that the majority of the audiences are traditional housewives, its best they keep Sua Hau as a traditional Chinese woman (not re-marrying, especially to her brother-in-law)!

After deciding to change the original script, they wrote Steven back into the story, as a soldier who lost his memory, but later regains it. ^_^

I personally like that script that they stuck with, because SH and HS's love is supposed to be the "IDEAL" love that defeats all odds!
    Man, Steve should never have been in the series. I don't like his character at all. He's gone at the war while everything bad happens at home. He wasn't there for Amy while she suffered a miscarriage and all the incidents at home.

I've just got to the part where Maggie is assigned to be a nurse at Steve's camp, but Wong Wan Choi kicked her out. Wow, Maggie was young then too.

Man, Steve should never have been in the series. I don't like his character at all. He's gone at the war while everything bad happens at home. He wasn't there for Amy while she suffered a miscarriage and all the incidents at home.

I've just got to the part where Maggie is assigned to be a nurse at Steve's camp, but Wong Wan Choi kicked her out. Wow, Maggie was young then too.
    LOL, they were all young back then, the series was filmed over a decade ago!

HS's character is a bit better later; like me, you'll probably scorn him for his stupid actions and the way he constantly hurt SH, but in the end, you'll love him because SH loves him. In a way, I truly hated HS: hated him because he was mean to SH, hated him because he went to war and ignored his family, hated him because he not only took two other women into his home, but he abandoned them as well, hated him because he got his memories LOST, hated him because he thinks too much about what he wants, and lastly I hated him because he doesn't deserve someone as brilliant and lovely as SH...

EVEN so, it is because he has the person he doesn't deserve (SH), it's so hard to hate him!

Everything about SH makes you love her, and hope that you can find a friend just as selfless and hardworking as her. Because you feel for her, you end up loving the man she dedicated her life to. Its hard to hated someone (HS) who's love is given and reciprocated by someone who you admire so much as SH.

^-^ Do you get what I'm saying? HAHA, I do hate HS, but I can't hate him, because no matter what he did, I can always find an excuse for his actions; only because SH has given us that excuse and you trust her judgement!

I swear, the story makes you run in circles; do you or don't you hate him/them?

I have the same trouble with Sheren's character, I hated her, but I liked her. But she was so much easier to love than hate. ^-^ She was very humane and raw; sometimes its easier to believe her character exist, more than Amy's!

Is The Legend and Hero the series with Fan Bing Bing as well? What role did his wife play in it?

seriously this is the most viewed thread by TGOD fans that are eager to know more about the series on the net..

I've watched TGOD when i was 7 years old in 1997 and recently, TV station in my country (Malaysia) re-run this series..how i miss sau hau so much..and ho sang! all the actors in the stories acting professionally..i think all the episodes are enjoyable to watch..eventhough the absence of ho sang in the series is quite long, the story about fong's family never gets me bored.

i really like to know where i can download the theme songs especially the ending songs because some of the links given previously are dead. thanks!

http://www.geocities.com/tvbrev/goodolddays.html (nice and quite complete review bout the series)
    Last edited by daisy789; 04-25-09 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daisy789 View Post
    seriously this is the most viewed thread by TGOD fans that are eager to know more about the series on the net..

I've watched TGOD when i was 7 years old in 1997 and recently, TV station in my country (Malaysia) re-run this series..how i miss sau hau so much..and ho sang! all the actors in the stories acting professionally..i think all the episodes are enjoyable to watch..eventhough the absence of ho sang in the series is quite long, the story about fong's family never gets me bored.

i really like to know where i can download the theme songs especially the ending songs because some of the links given previously are dead. thanks!

http://www.geocities.com/tvbrev/goodolddays.html (nice and quite complete review bout the series)

Which songs do you want? The sub or theme? I'll upload them when I get home; MEGAUPLOAD good?!

.i'm ok with megaupload..
    if possible..hope to get the opening song and the ending song..if i'm not mistaken the ending song is a duet by amy chan and another singer..hehhe thanks for ur attention!

Please don't post any download links on this public forum. Please email or PM each other about them.

Thanks!

oh ho sang reappeared in the series quite early...in episode 36! ..maybe coz i didnt remember much bout the series..

Can someone tell me in which episode TGOD part 2 will start?

Quote Originally Posted by daisy789 View Post
    oh ho sang reappeared in the series quite early...in episode 36! ..maybe coz i didnt remember much bout the series..

Can someone tell me in which episode TGOD part 2 will start?

I forgot the exact episode; but it shouldn't have been so early! What part you are watching? Give me a little summary and I might be able to tell you something...

BTW, there are many different versions to the series; some are CUT and some aren't... I have the Viet version, so it might have been cut a bit... ^.^