Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Hana Yori Dango Jdrama...

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Well, it is rumoured that there will be HYD2 this coming winter season, which means January 2007.

TBC. Stay tuned!
    Oh yeah, I've heard about that as well, it was posted on the d-addicts forum as one of the upcoming new series during the next winter season. Given that jdramas are halfway through the spring season only... winter feels so so so far away.

I just found the answer to a question asked a couple of pages back - whether Matsujun's voice was dubbed over when he spoke Mandarin in the show. The answer is no, he said the line himself, can check it out here , somebody uploaded the DVD special which had Abe Tsuyoshi (Mimasaka Akira) teaching Matsujun how to pronounce properly.

I think Abe Tsuyoshi is half Chinese, not too sure though, but he speaks Mandarin fluently.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Oh yeah, I've heard about that as well, it was posted on the d-addicts forum as one of the upcoming new series during the next winter season. Given that jdramas are halfway through the spring season only... winter feels so so so far away.
    That's true. I'm just glad I have others to look forward to in the meantime. I won't mind waiting till winter if it means that the entire cast returns and the drama is well thought out and paced so that it is comparable or even better than HYD.

well actually, it depends if HYD got good rating in japan.. was it well -recieved? or was it avg?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    well actually, it depends if HYD got good rating in japan.. was it well -recieved? or was it avg?
    The ratings were pretty good, the lowest it ever got was 17.3% and the highest was 22.4%. Considering that most jdramas hardly break the 18% mark nowadays, I think HYD did pretty well during it's run.

The ratings were pretty good, the lowest it ever got was 17.3% and the highest was 22.4%. Considering that most jdramas hardly break the 18% mark nowadays, I think HYD did pretty well during it's run.
    woo!!! that's really nice to know that such an awesome show is enjoyed by many... well, beansprouts, could ya pls say whether you're a girl or a guy/ hee... i'm really curious.
    "Laugh as much as you can." :
    "Follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you are going to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs.

this show was pretty cute..eheh typical girly series...but i just don't like the ending and the main actor..he's not hot at all..looks kinda gay..haha

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

Post newbie

juz found out bout tis series recently. already watch 3 episodes. it's crazy funny!!
    i'm wondering tho, is there any english website dedicated to tis series? i would love to find out more about the characters and the actors that potray them.
    oh yeah - the actress who potrayed Makino Tsukushi, she's good! she really brought out the REAL Tsukushi. i loved the manga, and i am glad that tis series din let me down (altho i must say - the guys who acted as F4 are not that good looking) . hehehe....can't wait to continue watching!
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

I think Abe Tsuyoshi is half Chinese, not too sure though, but he speaks Mandarin fluently.
    Yes he is. He played in Taiwan serial before but forgot the tittle

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak
    oh yeah - the actress who potrayed Makino Tsukushi, she's good! she really brought out the REAL Tsukushi. i loved the manga, and i am glad that tis series din let me down (altho i must say - the guys who acted as F4 are not that good looking) .
    The actress who portrayed Makino Tsukushi - Inoue Mao, yep she's really good. Perhaps a little bit too kawaii since Tsukushi is suppose to be a true blue commoner

As for F4; I have nothing to say about Nishikado Soujiro and Mimasaka Akira, they are seriously not good looking enough. But Oguri Shun is pretty good looking, although he lacks that special something that makes him a good Hanazawa Rui. As for Tsukasa, played by Matsumoto Jun, I think I mentioned it before, he just does not look his best in curly hair mode.

Hmm, Abe Tsuyoshi acted in a Taiwanese serial before... guess he didn't get popular over there and headed over to Japan.

The actress who portrayed Makino Tsukushi - Inoue Mao, yep she's really good. Perhaps a little bit too kawaii since Tsukushi is suppose to be a true blue commoner

As for F4; I have nothing to say about Nishikado Soujiro and Mimasaka Akira, they are seriously not good looking enough. But Oguri Shun is pretty good looking, although he lacks that special something that makes him a good Hanazawa Rui. As for Tsukasa, played by Matsumoto Jun, I think I mentioned it before, he just does not look his best in curly hair mode.

Hmm, Abe Tsuyoshi acted in a Taiwanese serial before... guess he didn't get popular over there and headed over to Japan.
    Wow... so there's gonna be a HYD2.. Yes... yay!! The date's really far.. but as long as they're producing a sequel, I don't mind waiting. XD I just hope it won't turn out like MG2.

Anyways, yeah, *agrees* Inoue Mao as Tsukushi. I think she did good.
    *loves the lift scene*

Oguri Shun.. does anyone here think that, he sorta looks like Edison Chen when he smiles?

The 2 other guys.. although they're not that good looking.. they're kinda cute. Matsujun would be the cutest though.. I think he did well as Domoyouji; a rough but innocent, immature(only on certain stuff) guy. I think he brought out Domoyouji's childishness when he was writing a letter to Rui. XD

Finally.. I'm kinda surprised that Matsushima Nanako is in here! I like her alot! XD She seems really weird in this series though.. she's always smiling. I guess its to cover her real inside.. her loneliness, probably, whereas her mom's smile.. >_> Creepy...

Default hanadan

this series was awesome! I watched it first then MG and i believe hyd is way better, especially in terms of acting and scenery...however, MG is great by making them college students and yes, MG did drag...there is a part 2 to MG but I think hyd is left with that ending since it followed the anime...my sisters and i loved it that we burned them onto dvds...matsujun, guy who plays domyoji is also in gokusen, which is entertaining, but drags alittle more than HYD

i agree with many of you.. hana yori dango has better acting in it. it might not have the best looking actors.. but the story was more straight forward and more cute to watch.. i just could not stop watching it even though i sorta know wat's going to happen after seeing MG and MG II and watching the anime. Well with MG and HYD, HYD's plot was more interesting.. MG was draggy.. but since im a F4 fan.. i didn't mind watching more of them.... it's funni how dramas based on the same manga or story.. but protrayed by different countries can be so different.. i guess it depends on the director and who the aidience is. HYD had more provocative words and MG was more innocent wen compared to it. Both were good, buy HYD wins by a little.. maybe because the ending and the whole thing just satisfied me.. it was cute.. and to the pont.. haha i think Rui (Lei) in HYD was much more cuter then Doumyouji Tsukasa (Daoming Shi).. but Tsukasa had some cute qualities especially when he's trying to change for Makino (Shancai)... HDY is soooooooo cute and is a must see.. and it's only 9 episodes long.. soo yea.. it won't be a waste of time... :O)
    currently watching: <3 hana Yori dango season 2
    <3 corner with love
    <3 hana-kimi
    <3 goong S

For people who mentioned that MG was draggy, I actually find HYD going too fast. The relationship between Tsukasa and Tsukishi was not flesh out properly. One moment Tsukishi was totally pissed off with Tsukasa, the next moment they were already together. In the actual manga, Tsukishi took alot of time before finally accepting Tsukasa. Given that HYD had very little time to complete the story, I can understand why the story was shortened.

I certainly prefer MG to HYD, granted that HYD has better acting, production costs and music. I fell in LOVE with the people in MG, but HYD was never more than a passing fancy to me. To each her/his own

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    Oguri Shun.. does anyone here think that, he sorta looks like Edison Chen when he smiles?
    Yeshhhh!! I was thinking about that too! But I think most of the time, I end up thinking, "Hey this dude looks like xiao zhu aka show luo zhi xiang!" Anyone agrees?

Quote Originally Posted by karened
    Yeshhhh!! I was thinking about that too! But I think most of the time, I end up thinking, "Hey this dude looks like xiao zhu aka show luo zhi xiang!" Anyone agrees?
    Who's that again? ahhaa...
    "Follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you are going to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs.

Luo Zhi Xiang also known as Xiao Zhu also known as Alan Luo.

I don't think Shun looks like Xiao Zhu or Edison Chen, they look pretty different to me actually.
    Last edited by beansprouts; 07-04-06 at 06:30 AM.

Luo Zhi Xiang also known as Xiao Zhu also known as Alan Luo.

I don't think Shun looks like Xiao Zhu or Edison Chen, they look pretty different to me actually.
    haha...no i mean who were u all talking about who resembles edison or xiaozhu. I know it's Show Luo Zhi Xiang. He's known as Alan too? ??? haha... yeah, i dont notice the resemblance at all ahhaa... maybe upon thought, he looks a lil like xiao zhu, but completely diff from edison!!!! hahaa...

It has been confirmed that there will be a sequel to HYD with the same cast reprising their roles this winter season (January 2007) More Matsujun. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    It has been confirmed that there will be a sequel to HYD with the same cast reprising their roles this winter season (January 2007) More Matsujun. Heh.
    oh Jade! you like Jun?