Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Hana Yori Dango Jdrama...

My friend was expecting Dao Ming Si's hair to improve as the show went on..sadly she felt that was a let down for this serial.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    My friend was expecting Dao Ming Si's hair to improve as the show went on..sadly she felt that was a let down for this serial.
    The character in the series and manga is suppose to have curly hair and I suppose that is their take on his unruly hairstyle. In the anime and manga there were a couple of times where he purposely straigthen his hair to get the the Tsukushi's attention and the other times were when his hair was wet and it was straight. Sadly it's only straight until it's dry, he got upset alot because those times when he got it professionally straighten, it took four hours to do so and it end up being curley anyway. HAHA...yeah...
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by tellywelly
    although i was rather sad that the series was so short and only had 9 eps...it was quite a let down for me as i wanted more...well glad to know that they are filiming season 2 but i think i have to wait quite long for it to come to S'pore...
    Fear not, I have faith in the pirated VCDs scene in Singapore, the bootlegs should come out almost as soon as season II finishes in Japan. Or you can always download it through bittorrent (hey, why pay the bootlegs vendor when you can get it for free?)

I am actually glad that the Japanese version stay true to the manga series on the issue of curly hair. Tsukasa had his horrid curly hair right to the last page of the manga. While I do think Matsujun will look leaps and bounds better with straight hair, it still cracks me up to see that greasy mop of curly hair on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    The character in the series and manga is suppose to have curly hair and I suppose that is their take on his unruly hairstyle. In the anime and manga there were a couple of times where he purposely straigthen his hair to get the the Tsukushi's attention and the other times were when his hair was wet and it was straight. Sadly it's only straight until it's dry, he got upset alot because those times when he got it professionally straighten, it took four hours to do so and it end up being curley anyway. HAHA...yeah...
    That is so funny! Thanks for that trivial Suet Seung. I didn't know that Dao Ming Si had curly hair in the manga.

That is so funny! Thanks for that trivial Suet Seung. I didn't know that Dao Ming Si had curly hair in the manga.
    You're welcome. I read the manga series several months ago, it was really funny and enjoyable.

There's a website you can check out. Its great site for information on manga, anime and the different drama adaptations of the story:

http://niko-niko.net/hana/index.html

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Fear not, I have faith in the pirated VCDs scene in Singapore, the bootlegs should come out almost as soon as season II finishes in Japan. Or you can always download it through bittorrent (hey, why pay the bootlegs vendor when you can get it for free?)

I am actually glad that the Japanese version stay true to the manga series on the issue of curly hair. Tsukasa had his horrid curly hair right to the last page of the manga. While I do think Matsujun will look leaps and bounds better with straight hair, it still cracks me up to see that greasy mop of curly hair on him.
    haha...yup, anyway i think i'll try and find the pirated versions, as i watched the first seasons one from a pirated vcd that my dad bought, although the quality was quite okay, the subtitles were horrendous, half of the time i was trying to understand the story through the characters actions and emotions, i couldnt even understand the funny parts when domyouji used the wrong words in the show. well, still can't wait for it to come out....

well, i think if they changed domyouji's hairstyle in the secong season it wouldn't be domyouji anymore...i think its his curly hair that makes him look different and add a little spunk and attitude to him...if he has straight hair it would make him look no different from the other F4 memebers....but whichever it is i still think he is quite good-looking...

You're welcome. I read the manga series several months ago, it was really funny and enjoyable.

There's a website you can check out. Its great site for information on manga, anime and the different drama adaptations of the story:

http://niko-niko.net/hana/index.html
    thks. i can't believe that there's a dedicated website on this and to think it started way back from 1997!! fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts

Was Dao Ming Si supposed to be really good-looking in the manga? How can anyone be good-looking if he had such bad hair? or maybe that's a testement that he is that good-looking that even having bad hair doesn't make him any less good-looking....

Quote Originally Posted by tellywelly
    well, i think if they changed domyouji's hairstyle in the secong season it wouldn't be domyouji anymore...i think its his curly hair that makes him look different and add a little spunk and attitude to him...if he has straight hair it would make him look no different from the other F4 memebers....but whichever it is i still think he is quite good-looking...
    Indeed, the curly hair is a trade mark of Doumyoji, without it, he's just another guy.

@strawberry
    Yes, Doumyoji is suppose to be really goodlooking in the manga, but goodlooking in the manga world means very different things under the pens of various manga artists. Let's just say that in Hana Yori Dango manga world, good looking is not really the conventional good looking that we are used to. (I am not making sense, am I....)

Here's a nice picture of Tsukasa

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/1555/doumyoujitsukasaau7.jpg')

Was Dao Ming Si supposed to be really good-looking in the manga? How can anyone be good-looking if he had such bad hair? or maybe that's a testement that he is that good-looking that even having bad hair doesn't make him any less good-looking....
    I think despite how his hair looks, it doesn't affect his good looks.

The F4 "Flower Four" were four of the most handsome and wealthy guys in the school. Because they were the most wealthy, teachers feared them, even the principal respected them because their family funds the school. All the girls at school idolized the F4 because they're most handsome, rich and powerful.

So Hair is only a small detail to having a handsome face and handsome broad shoulders and chest as depicted in manga and anime.

Beansprouts is right, the curly hair is Domoyoji's signature trademark.

I think despite how his hair looks, it doesn't affect his good looks.

The F4 "Flower Four" were four of the most handsome and wealthy guys in the school. Because they were the most wealthy, teachers feared them, even the principal respected them because their family funds the school. All the girls at school idolized the F4 because they're most handsome, rich and powerful.

So Hair is only a small detail to having a handsome face and handsome broad shoulders and chest as depicted in manga and anime.

Beansprouts is right, the curly hair is Domoyoji's signature trademark.
    then the taiwanese version did not do a very good jpb then..taking away that one important detail. Did they? I think they did..its been too long since i last watch it.

btw, were F4 supposed to be really tall in the manga? Cause the Japanese actors certainly did not look very tall to me. Jun for one is only 1.73 m while Jerry Yen is 1.8 m

then the taiwanese version did not do a very good jpb then..taking away that one important detail. Did they? I think they did..its been too long since i last watch it.

btw, were F4 supposed to be really tall in the manga? Cause the Japanese actors certainly did not look very tall to me. Jun for one is only 1.73 m while Jerry Yen is 1.8 m
    Here's their Height info:

Domoyoji Tsukasa - 183
    Hanazawa Rui - 181
    Mimasaka Akira - 179 (He's said to be the most mature one out of the F4)
    Nishikado Soujirou - 180

The measurement of cm for height is confusing to me, I'm more used to using Feet and Inches.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-04-06 at 02:21 PM.

Strawberry,

The Manga really covers alot more than the Anime or the Adaptations can afford to cover. I suggest you read the manga if you get a chance to, I believe there are online manga scanlation.

In the manga it explains why Akira prefers older women. You want to know why? If you ever visit his home, you'll meet his younger twin sisters who cling (literally) to him every morning and perhaps night to read them stories. And this is a daily ritual for these twin sisters. In additional to that, he has a mom that looks very young and can be much like a sister to him than a motherly role to him.

And about why Soujirou's a major playboy, theres also a story behind that also.Which I won't reveal because you'll find more joy in reading the manga to find out.

Theres a lot of interesting things that occur in the manga that the anime and adaptations sometimes leave out.

Man, telling you about this makes me wants to read it again. But sadly the fall semester has started and I have no time to read it leisurely as before.

This picture is so cute I just had to post it:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://animechains.com/hyd/images/24.jpg')

And this one too:
    http://animechains.com/hyd/images/25.jpg
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-03-06 at 02:29 PM.

*suet seung

those pictures are so CUTE! i like how they pictured makino and F4 - though I must say, Akira looks more like a girl than anything...it's so weird to see him with longer hair

it's funny but, just as the curly hair MAKES domyouji DOMYOUJI, every role Jun Matsumoto takes on his hair is different and makes him THAT character. it's like, with the hair he becomes that person - so yeah, i think it'd be really cool if he keeps his hair curly for season 2 - short and curly.

Quote Originally Posted by kaedejun
    *suet seung

those pictures are so CUTE! i like how they pictured makino and F4 - though I must say, Akira looks more like a girl than anything...it's so weird to see him with longer hair

it's funny but, just as the curly hair MAKES domyouji DOMYOUJI, every role Jun Matsumoto takes on his hair is different and makes him THAT character. it's like, with the hair he becomes that person - so yeah, i think it'd be really cool if he keeps his hair curly for season 2 - short and curly.
    woo i agree! the pictures are so cute haha. They make F4 and makino look so kiddish... yeah, about the hair, i absolutely agree. It's like the hair sorta moulds the person into that character so yeah, hairstyle is very important in one's appearance ahha. imagine someone with scraggly and unkempt hair, you'd think he/she is very untidy and disorganized haha...

that's what my parents say but my hair is just this bushy bunch of thing that just keeps growing on its own. I muz have a lot of dead cells ha.
    "Laugh as much as you can." :
    "Follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you are going to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs.

Strawberry,

The Manga really covers alot more than the Anime or the Adaptations can afford to cover. I suggest you read the manga if you get a chance to, I believe there are online manga scanlation.

In the manga it explains why Akira prefers older women. You want to know why? If you ever visit his home, you'll meet his younger twin sisters who cling (literally) to him every morning and perhaps night to read them stories. And this is a daily ritual for these twin sisters. In additional to that, he has a mom that looks very young and can be much like a sister to him than a motherly role to him.

And about why Soujirou's a major playboy, theres also a story behind that also.Which I won't reveal because you'll find more joy in reading the manga to find out.

Theres a lot of interesting things that occur in the manga that the anime and adaptations sometimes leave out.

Man, telling you about this makes me wants to read it again. But sadly the fall semester has started and I have no time to read it leisurely as before.

This picture is so cute I just had to post it:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://animechains.com/hyd/images/24.jpg')

And this one too:
    http://animechains.com/hyd/images/25.jpg
    thanks. it seems the manga is worth a read and that picture is adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by kylagurl
    i have the mp3 version of planetarium, but sth weird and i've always wanted to ask ppl... how come some lyrics of the mp3 song itself is different from the parts of the song played in the show itself... there's this "yuukutsu yo kodomo..." part in the show but i dun hear this in the mp3 version of the song...

how do u want me to send u the mp3 version of planetarium? cos i don't really wanna upload to some website...
    I would really love it if u can upload it but... i have to check will tell you later
    No Love is better than A Love To Kill.

<3 Obessed with W-inds and Rain

Clicky Here to go to my Xanga

Quote Originally Posted by XxPunkerGurlxX
    I would really love it if u can upload it but... i have to check will tell you later
    ah, i saw that you have got MSN. you wanna be msn pals and i could send you thru there.
    "Laugh as much as you can." :
    "Follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you are going to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs.

You know, after watching Kimi wa Petto, I actually think MatsuJun looks better in HYD. At least his hair wasn't like a hairball like in Kimi Wa Petto.

Also, Jun needs to gain some healthy weight and lean muscles because he is SO SO SO Skinny to the point, I believe he looks anorexic. I mean he needs to put some meat on himself. Too skinny! If you watch episode 9 of Kimi Wa petto where he's like shirtless, omg, so skinny!

Haha...And it is after watching Kimi wa Petto that I find Jun to be a very intensive and good kisser.

You know, after watching Kimi wa Petto, I actually think MatsuJun looks better in HYD. At least his hair wasn't like a hairball like in Kimi Wa Petto.

Also, Jun needs to gain some healthy weight and lean muscles because he is SO SO SO Skinny to the point, I believe he looks anorexic. I mean he needs to put some meat on himself. Too skinny! If you watch episode 9 of Kimi Wa petto where he's like shirtless, omg, so skinny!

Haha...And it is after watching Kimi wa Petto that I find Jun to be a very intensive and good kisser.
    So many of the JE boys are like that..they are just so effortlessly skinny.