Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

mango_cake, don't stop your rabid fangirling!!! Unlike JoleCole, I'm new to FengMi and passionately in love with them!!! JoleCole has been following them for months, but lots of things are still new to me . I LOOOOVVVE to hear (and squeal at) your FengMi comments

Here's a lovely MV featuring the lovely duet FengMi sang together. I've read comments that YM should stay away from singing, but when it comes with singing with her FSF, don't you think her voice takes another level? There is like 100X more soul in her voice in this FengMi duet than those Gong themes she sang.

Some shots of their beautiful interactions in Gong Just as a disclaimer, I can hate Gong but love ONLY FengMi in there.

mango_cake, I remember you saying on LSS' thread that you love min guo dramas. Here's an MV I hosted on my YouTube account featuring scenes of FengMi from their min guo dramas:
    Last edited by munianci; 06-29-11 at 04:50 PM.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

oh Munianci, I thought FengMi's duet 琉璃月 they sang in the Eastern Film Award Ceremony was much better. Did you have a chance to watch that? i posted it in the Gong thread before.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Neither does the mischievous and good-natured, but merciless teasing of other actors and people in the industry, hah. I swear almost everyone in China seems to be in the FengMi mindset these days, be it fans, the media, celebs/directors, their friends/family, etc. XD
    Mango, I think your favorite Nicholas Tse also joined in the FengMi fun teasing. When the host kept on teasing YM about her Nicholas Tse fangirling, other FengMi fans and I heard him say something like "别再弄人家好不好?下面还有很多嘉宾...有伴的了“ something like that.

video here, at 3:10
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keSru...eature=related
    Last edited by JoleCole; 06-29-11 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    oh Munianci, I thought FengMi's duet 琉璃月 they sang in the Eastern Film Award Ceremony was much better. Did you have a chance to watch that? i posted it in the Gong thread before.
    Oh yes! I just came across that. I just found this MV too.

But the one I posted in my previous reply is the duet they did 'live'. Even though the sound quality isn't the best, I felt it conveyed more emotional feeling in their voices bcos it was done 'live'/impromptu and not controlled by a bunch of studio execs.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    Oh yes! I just came across that. I just found this MV too.
    But the one I posted in my previous reply is the duet they did 'live'. Even though the sound quality isn't the best, I felt it conveyed more emotional feeling in their voices bcos it was done 'live'/impromptu and not controlled by a bunch of studio execs.
    The male voice in MV you posted isn't FSF, but JunJun.

I thought the 琉璃月 duet was sang live/impromptu too. It's this version. Do you think they lipsync?

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjUxODc4OTA0.html
    Last edited by JoleCole; 06-29-11 at 05:20 PM.

Yay, I'm glad you guys don't mind my gushing and I'm not just talking to myself on here, haha! (Not that I care, FengMi just fills me up with too much delight and excitement that I think I'll explode if I don't share it! XD)

JoleCole you're lucky you followed the FengMi mega-thread from the beginning! Not only am I jumping around all over the place with their videos (totally out of chronological order) because I'm too impatient to stay at my "thread date", but it's so frustrating when there are broken images/links! Do you understand the despair, horror, and anguish when this happens?! The worst was when someone linked to that Wei Chen fan's video of a different angle of the YuanXiao festival. The link was broken, and every related thing I could find ALSO used that same broken link! And everyone in the thread was gushing over the new details that could be seen in the vid...I spent so much time relentlessly hunting down that video! (Thankfully it was worth it in the end. XD) Once again I say, thank god I'm not in school anymore because I'd never pass anything at this rate. It's bad enough I'm going into work half-asleep these days. >_< 我没救了!!!

I've read comments that YM should stay away from singing, but when it comes with singing with her FSF, don't you think her voice takes another level? There is like 100X more soul in her voice in this FengMi duet than those Gong themes she sang.
    Actually her voice is better than I expected (I remember dreading "Liu Li Yue" but it turned out decent)...but I still don't think she should put out an album (she is so much better off using the time to act--and fortunately that does seem to be her focus as well!). However, I do enjoy seeing her do these bits of recording for her own dramas/films/video games promotions. And I agree, I love seeing her doing duets with FSF even if they are sometimes off-key a bit, because there is so much feeling in the singing!!

Thanks for all those vids--I can't watch now because I am dangerously close to going over my bandwidth limit this month (all FengMi's fault). It's killing me but I'll have to wait till this weekend! x_x

Mango, I think your favorite Nicholas Tse also joined in the FengMi fun teasing. When the host kept on teasing YM about her Nicholas Tse fangirling, other FengMi fans and I heard him say something like "别再弄人家好不好?下面还有很多嘉宾...有伴的了“ something like that.

video here, at 3:10
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keSru...eature=related
    Heehee I can watch vids all day of that scene, one of my favourite actors + actresses on stage together! XD And I missed it before but now that you point it out he totally says it! O_o I was shocked (pleasantly) when Sammul revealed his inner FengMi "fangirling", could Nic Tse be into the gossip as well?! (Haha.) Also, it's kind of hard to hear but do the hosts tease her about FSF at the beginning too? (I heard them say "xiao Feng" a couple times.)

Edit: Omg they do!!! Found a transcription on baidu, the hosts definitely join in on the teasing too: "you only say this [i.e. gushing on about Nic Tse] because FSF is not here!" LMAO. (Why did FSF leave halfway through the awards show though, since wasn't he there before too? Well maybe it's a good thing, it would've been so awkward for him to watch YM fangirl about another guy. Even if that guy is Nic!) FSF/YM just can't escape from the teasing, they're constantly being beseiged on all sides! XD

Also ROFL at the fan at the end..."太豆了!!" My thoughts exactly...hehe.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 06-29-11 at 06:41 PM.

Why did FSF leave halfway through the awards show though, since wasn't he there before too? Well maybe it's a good thing, it would've been so awkward for him to watch YM fangirl about another guy.
    FSF had to rush to the airport and catch a flight back to HengDian to film Hou Gong with Ady An the next day at 5 am. He couldn't even stay to give an award to his good buddy Raymond Lam and asked YM to do it for him. Raymond actually came late to the ceremony, but they managed to exchange an hug and a few words before FSF's departure.

If you pay attention closely and watch min 0:41, YM actually saw Raymond Lam approaching them before FSF did and used her elbow to tap on FSF's upper arm to get his attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUE0T...eature=related

Ohh...thanks for the info JoleCole. I've seen references about "3 Feng 1 Mi" during that awards night but I haven't seen video with Raymond Lam before. It's funny how she did a duet and accepted an award with Feng Shao Feng, then presented awards to Nic (Xie Ting Feng) and Raymond (Lin Feng). She certainly seemed to have a lot of "yuan" with Feng's that day!

And seriously, YM took over for FSF in presenting Raymond's award?! Is that a super couple-y thing to do or what!!! O_o (I swear, the littlest bits of FengMi news is enough to put me on Cloud 9... >_<)

New YM look in Ru Yi:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/79e16b67jw1diowemql14j.jpg')
    Last edited by mango_cake; 06-30-11 at 12:21 AM.

Yep, YM can't seem to escape all the Feng's that night. Hahaha...

Mango, did you have a chance to read the FengMi details on the Baidu forum regarding the Schemes of Beauty Press Conference organized by ZheJiang TV? ZheJiang TV did some very devious editing and made it appeared that FengMi were present at the event at the same time. FSF actually left right before YM arrived, but when the event got aired on TV, the editing made the viewers think FSF was sitting on stage while YM was standing on stage. They in fact never had a chance to see each other that night cuz YM's assistant Miao Ge actually lamented on weibo they couldn't make it in time to see FSF's agent and return the shawl that YM borrowed from her. Only those who were present at the live recording or those following the online weibo broadcast knew about details. I won't spoil the FengMi details for you, so you can read it yourself.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 06-30-11 at 09:09 PM.

Nope, I'm not there yet! However, I did hear about their sneaky editing. All the TV stations are total FengMi shippers! XD Hunan TV is extra obvious about it though, haha. munianci I just watched the videos you posted. The funny thing about their "wu ding" duet is, I've never heard the song before but fell in love with it after watching FengMi's performance. Then I went to download the original version of the song...and while the professional singers have way better voices and sing it better, I found that version so plain and boring! Even though FengMi don't have the strongest voices and go off-key at parts during the song (especially FSF, but I think that's because he was sick at the time--you can kind of hear how hoarse his voice is at parts), it's so much more appealing to me. Same thing happened with "Ai De Gong Yang"--previously I always much preferred Mickey He's version over YM's, but after watching Gong I hardly listen to Mickey's version anymore. XD I wish FSF/YM will record studio duets of "Wu Ding" and "ADGY" some day for the fans.

Also that 2nd vid you posted is hilarious...I can't believe that TV station actually got voice actors to mime out FengMi's weibo conversation (and sort of matched it up to clips from Gong! ). Everyone seems to turn into such shameless gossipers when it comes to these two. XD

I know right?!! I actually much rather listen to 'live' performances rather than recorded songs. Even for Peter Ho, I actually opted to download the songs he sings in a cute off-key way into my iPhone rather than directly from his CD album. And that FengMi 'live' duet - sure beats any studio recording ANY TIME! There is infinitely more warmth and feeling even in FengMi's off-key notes rather than any professional singer's - and that's what makes listening to their duet on repeat so wonderful.

I'm still going through the FengMi megathread and it's great that you and JoleCole post highlights of FengMi's most adorable moments in this and Gong's threads. I am totally uninterested in any story-related thing (e.g. synopsis, commentary, characters etc) on Gong and only focused on FengMi.

Have not been around as my Mom has banned me temporarily from the Internet bcos of my FengMi obsession and she wants me to spend time with her. But will be back in no time to spam FengMi in every thread on spcnet

Ooh, YM's new Ru Yi still--they've finally gotten rid of those fake bangs! She looks very demure with that floaty-head scarf.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6f4e9ca1jw1dip3scs4brj.jpg')

Have not been around as my Mom has banned me temporarily from the Internet bcos of my FengMi obsession and she wants me to spend time with her. But will be back in no time to spam FengMi in every thread on spcnet
    Ouch! I'm glad I don't live at home so I can happily swoon over FengMi to my heart's content! My parents would definitely think I've gone crazy if only they knew...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/71d2a0c1gw1diqemr5dfpj.jpg')

I'm up to episode 3 of DMXN now...and I have to say while it is still quite cheesy and low-budget, I am warming up to YM's male costar in here! XD (Well, she has chemistry with pretty much everyone, so...) The beginning of their storyline kind of reminds me of QC/8th prince in Gong, actually--she absolutely hates the guy (at one point throwing him out of her house lmao) while the guy just doesn't give up and keeps trying to help her/get on her good side. Her character is also very similar to QC (but much less annoying). And her first impression of the guy is an unfortunate misunderstanding that makes her think the guy is a "se lang" (pervert), which reminded me of YM/FSF's initial meeting in DHTHK. Of course the difference is that while 8th prince was an arrogant, kind of mean (at first) "a ge", the main male character in DMXN is a kind, uprighteous lawyer character. (He's starting to look more handsome to me too, my first impression of him was that something looked "off" about his face, lol.)

Have to say, while the production of this series is bad it may be the first time I actually really love one of YM's "diao man" (arrogant/mischievous) type characters. While both Xue Jian and Qing Chuan were cute, they were scripted as such annoying characters that I always greatly preferred YM's more "quiet/grown-up" characters way better, e.g. Xue Yuan and Xiao Qian (actually XQ was really cute and had some mischievous moments too). However, her "Xiao Man" character so far comes across as quite sympathetic and likable. I'm moving through this series pretty slowly but it provides a decent, light filler for when I get exhausted from reading the FengMi baidu thread!

Edit: Hmm, just noticed, it's funny how so many of her character names either have an "X" or "Q" in them: GX, ZX, BX, XJ, XY, XM, XH, XT, XN, XJ, XQ, QL, QL, QC, QW, AQ... (Guo Xiang, Zi Xi, Bai Xue, Xue Jian, Xue Yuan, Xiao Man, Xiao Hong, Xiao Tao, Xiao Nuo, Xiao Jin, Xiao Qian, Qing Li, Qing Luan, Qing Chuan, Qing Wen, An Qi). And now, it sounds like her character in "Ru Yi" goes by two names: Ru Yi and Mei Qing (which I'm a bit confused by but continues the trend!).
    Last edited by mango_cake; 07-01-11 at 03:24 PM.

Wow, so much love for FengMi in the recent pages...

On a side note, was reading through the recent posts & I'm appalled to learn that Karen actually blacklisted or tried to blacklist YM in the e-industry. I thought she just prevented her company & artists from having anything to do with YM but no...that explains why YM took on a long string of several low-budget/profile projects despite her immense increase in popularity after CP3. It's just so vicious and disgusting of Karen. How then is she any better than Yu Zheng?? Anyhow, I'm glad that despite the sabotage, YM's popularity has not wavered much and she's still going strong!
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Hey, I'm back and also adoring FengMi

I just came across official news that FSF is definitely not in Gong 2 so 8th Prince has been written out of Gong. Hah! Smart of FSF!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/mwe7bp.jpg')

I hope YZ runs out of ideas and drops this whole ridiculous Gong 2 project and never lays his dirty hands on FengMi again!
    Last edited by munianci; 07-02-11 at 12:39 PM.

Hey, I'm back and also adoring FengMi

I just came across official news that FSF is definitely not in Gong 2 so 8th Prince has been written out of Gong. Hah! Smart of FSF!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/mwe7bp.jpg')

I hope YZ runs out of ideas and drops this whole ridiculous Gong 2 project.
    I really really hope YM is not participating in this project as well, be it as a guest star or supporting character etc. So as long as YM is not involved in "Gong 2", I don't really care whether YZ goes on to film it or not because I most definitely won't watch it. Anyhow, I wonder whether he'll still be able to get sponsors for the production if both YM & FSF are not going to star in it because the success of "Gong" was obviously due to them both.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I'm up to episode 3 of DMXN now...and I have to say while it is still quite cheesy and low-budget, I am warming up to YM's male costar in here! XD (Well, she has chemistry with pretty much everyone, so...) The beginning of their storyline kind of reminds me of QC/8th prince in Gong, actually--she absolutely hates the guy (at one point throwing him out of her house lmao) while the guy just doesn't give up and keeps trying to help her/get on her good side. Her character is also very similar to QC (but much less annoying). And her first impression of the guy is an unfortunate misunderstanding that makes her think the guy is a "se lang" (pervert), which reminded me of YM/FSF's initial meeting in DHTHK. Of course the difference is that while 8th prince was an arrogant, kind of mean (at first) "a ge", the main male character in DMXN is a kind, uprighteous lawyer character. (He's starting to look more handsome to me too, my first impression of him was that something looked "off" about his face, lol.)
    I never watched DMXN, but who does YM's character actually like? the older or younger brother? I've only seen pictures of YM and the younger brother, so I wasn't too interested in that drama. But if she ends up with the older brother, I'm gonna have a greater motivation to watch it! I think the actor who plays the older brother is pretty darn good looking. His real name is Li Dong Xue and he looks awfully good in the new Qing Dynasty drama with Sun Li.

Munianci, I think I'm gonna have to disappoint you. YZ keeps on giving out CONFLICTING info. FSF will be in Gong 2, but most likely just as a guest star. One day YZ said FSF won't be in it, the next day he said FSF will. Same goes for the 8th prince/QC characters. It's like YZ is on PMS or something, such a fickle minded businessman. There is actually a higher chance for YM to play a major character too. But I SOOO do not want my FengMi to act in Gong 2!!

More on FengMi obsession, I just LOVE this screen capture of them! They look so happy together! Wish there was a higher resolution version.

The caption below says it all!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/DongFang-1.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-02-11 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Wow, so much love for FengMi in the recent pages...

On a side note, was reading through the recent posts & I'm appalled to learn that Karen actually blacklisted or tried to blacklist YM in the e-industry. I thought she just prevented her company & artists from having anything to do with YM but no...that explains why YM took on a long string of several low-budget/profile projects despite her immense increase in popularity after CP3. It's just so vicious and disgusting of Karen. How then is she any better than Yu Zheng?? Anyhow, I'm glad that despite the sabotage, YM's popularity has not wavered much and she's still going strong!
    Sorry, we got a bit carried away... XD

I have to admit, I guess we should be grateful to YZ for helping YM get her career back on track by casting her in MRXJ and Gong (despite Karen's sabotage attempts, if that part is true), otherwise she might still be slogging through low-budget productions. However I too don't want her in Gong 2 or the Gong movie--she's more than returned the favour by being half the reason Gong become so popular in the first place, and then guest-starring in MRTX.

I never watched DMXN, but who does YM's character actually like? the older or younger brother? I've only seen pictures of YM and the younger brother, so I wasn't too interested in that drama. But if she ends up with the older brother, I'm gonna have a greater motivation to watch it! I think the actor who plays the older brother is pretty darn good looking. His real name is Li Dong Xue and he looks awfully good in the new Qing Dynasty drama with Sun Li.
    *Minor spoilers ahead*

Actually she does like the older brother! (And...err...I kinda spoiled myself...but she does end up with him, apparently.) The younger brother loves her but she doesn't have feelings for him. I really like her chemistry with both though (unlike in Gong where I found QC/4th scenes really boring). Both relationships are similar to the QC/8th relationship in different ways--YM starts off hating both guys but they keep pursuing her and she grows to like them. While I usually find it cliche and annoying when all the guys fall for the main girl, surprisingly it doesn't bother me here at all because her scenes with both guys are sweet and cute to watch. (Minor complaint is, younger brother has a tendency to overact while older brother could do with a bit more emoting. Maybe the younger one should lend the older one some facial muscles? Lol! But it doesn't really bother me.)

I'm up to episode 10 now and I'm actually really enjoying it. I wonder if YM had major "deja-vu" feelings when filming Gong because there are quite a few similarities! As I mentioned before her Xiao Man character is very similar in personality to QC (but much more likable); she becomes a maid in a rich household; the two brothers both fall for her; the wives have their typical battle for power in the household/favour of the father; YM is often used as a "pawn" in their power games.

However, there is actually a plot here, there are no huge plotholes/inconsistencies, and the characters actually have understandable motives/driving forces behind their actions. Unlike Gong, this story avoids a lot of the cliches--e.g. it's refreshing that the brothers have a really good relationship with each other and never let their love for XM or the hate between their mothers get between them (their bromance is really sweet), YM's maid friend is genuinely sweet and kind (no backstabbing like Su Yan), and while the wives' scheming still gets a bit old at times, it's great to see that the father of the household is very reasonable and fair (he doesn't just listen to everything the "evil" wife says like in other dramas, he just wants everyone in his household to get along). There are still the obligatory silly and rather stupid characters used for comic relief that are REALLY annoying (*cough*YM's mom*cough*) but I can overlook them.

Finally, YM is soooo pretty in here! This is the first Min Guo drama of hers I watched and I'm seriously changing my mind on my "YM looks best in ancient costume dramas" opinion I had before. (As a bonus, the main guy is really hot when he's wearing a suit and wielding a gun to get the baddies. XD Don't ask me how a reserved/quiet lawyer guy can be so good at fighting and using a gun, but I'm definitely not complaining! XD Handsome guys dressed in suits with guns are one of the best parts of Min Guo dramas, IMO. Although, when he's not doing action scenes his face can still look a bit "off" to me at some angles...)
    Last edited by mango_cake; 07-02-11 at 07:29 PM.

(Ok, I feel horrible for saying this, but I finally realized what seemed "off" to me about the main actor...he reminds me of a chipmunk. >_< It's his prominent cheekbones combined with his sharp chin...and it was obvious during a scene where he's eating (he actually looked quite cute there) with his cheeks puffed out. Lol. Umm, but apart from that, he is decently handsome, plus he is very tall and looks fantastic in his suits! I wonder what his height is--he's over a head taller than YM and significantly taller than the other actors as well. I think he might be taller than HG...)

(Ok, I feel horrible for saying this, but I finally realized what seemed "off" to me about the main actor...he reminds me of a chipmunk. >_< It's his prominent cheekbones combined with his sharp chin...and it was obvious during a scene where he's eating (he actually looked quite cute there) with his cheeks puffed out. Lol. Umm, but apart from that, he is decently handsome, plus he is very tall and looks fantastic in his suits! I wonder what his height is--he's over a head taller than YM and significantly taller than the other actors as well. I think he might be taller than HG...)
    Yea, he does have somewhat of an underbite that kind of looks awkward (but generally pretty good looking). Very "sunshine".

Anyways, his wiki/baidu profile says he is 183 cm (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Li_Yuan)

I think it was mentioned a few pages back (or somewhere else) that he's also suppose to be in Da Qin Zhi Dao (which Yang Mi is also in)--but I don't know whatevers happened to that series?
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 07-03-11 at 12:24 AM.