Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    P.S. it was YM's assistant Miao Ge who actually gave FSF the flowers behind stage and I think FSF told YM about the flower owner once he was on stage, so he definitely didn't take credit for the flowers. Also, YM's staff apparently knew about FSF's surprised visit but they all kept it from her. So funny! FSF and her staff plotted together.
    OMG! Isn't it lovely that Yang Mi's staff "plotted" together with FSF for that surprise? What more obvious sign of couplehood is that? Do any of her popular leading guys (e.g. HG) have that privilege of being so close to her staff/assistant enough to plan out such a wonderful surprise for her? Hogwash, all these talk about publicity stunts. FengMi is as real as can be.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Fsf is the ultimate romantic celebrity in a good sense. He isn't ridiculously sappy and maintains a good distance from yang mi during their interaction...or could be because yang mi is calling the shots. I didn't realize there were other couplings that ym fans prefer. Who would they rather see ym pair up with? Because it is unlikely that another guy would be this sweet and endearing in his interaction with ym. I'm so jealous of the way ym is being pursued. She must feel so loved and giddy. I'm quite happy for her. Her work schedule is so hectic that having this distraction must be a blessing for her.

Anyhow, do we know if she will rest soon? What will be her next project after painted skin? I hope it isn't gong 2.
    Last edited by patricia n; 07-08-11 at 01:38 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Unfortunately I think her next project is likely to be Gong Suo Zhu Lian 宫锁珠帘 (Gong 2) which is listed as an upcoming project in her Baidu profile I've also heard hot rumours that she'll be taking the female lead in Wind Song Cloud, the Tong Hua novel Yu Zheng bought the rights to.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Unfortunately it sounds like Gong 2 will indeed be her next project. >_< FSF has also said he will participate but it's likely his is a very minor role. Too bad YM can't also just make a cameo. I hope after this one she stops working on YZ's projects. However, I don't know of anything beyond Gong 2...is it too much to hope that she goes on a vacation?! In a recent interview FSF said he thinks he might take a small break after HP2 and take some time to "recharge his batteries" after the busy past year; YM has also expressed a few times on her weibo that she's wistful for a break...would it be too much to ask that FSF whisk YM away on a vacation so they can "recharge" together?!

Some more ADORABLE pictures of FengMi at the event: (these are quite large so I'm just going to link to them)

http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6cc544b6jw1dixehwm0wyj.jpg

One of FengMi's "signature" moves--FSF seems to always put his arm around YM whenever they're at an event together (sometimes subconsciously?). This time it was a lot more subtle than in their previous appearances. In the video I saw it too but it was super quick, but this fan took screen captures of the whole sequence (going clockwise from the top left). While the host was off talking, look at FSF's hand, can't help itself sneak out of his pocket and reach out to YM and pull her closer, heehee. So cute.

http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6cc544b6jw1dixnwoosu3j.jpg

And finally, someone put together a comparison of the HFCQ press conference pictures of YM smiling sweetly at FSF and a pic of her looking lovingly at him yesterday: (Can you tell I'm about to melt from all of this...)

http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/844c8adbjw1diy752dx7xj.jpg

I guess that is one good thing about ym, she is loyal to those who have helped her even if her loyalty may cost her reputation. if only yu zheng wasn't such an idiot and made better quality series then his stars wouldn't be so eager to leave him. Well...that makes Mickey he a very loyal actor to work with too.

The second link above is adorable...he was really unaware of the fact that he pulled her in huh? And in the third link, ym just looks tired to me.
    Last edited by patricia n; 07-08-11 at 01:58 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Banned

does anyone know the names of all the dramas Lee Young Ae and Yang Mi Gyeong acted in.

Quote Originally Posted by jangee View Post
    does anyone know the names of all the dramas Lee Young Ae and Yang Mi Gyeong acted in.
    this thread is not about the korean actress...
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

okay, i'm convinced. they are totally together, lol.
    BUT i still don't find FSF even remotely attractive! but they are pretty cute together

argh...I so don't want YM to play a major role in Gong 2. *Praying*

I finally got around to finish translating the video of YM back in March when she had a live phone conversation with FSF at an award ceremony. Of course, most FengMi lovers probably watched it before. It's one of our great FengMi classics. I'll just post the video here again for those who haven't seen it. Here's the English translation.

I love to see YM loses her calm over the FengMi topic.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1E7ptdwtM_U/ThaeDiOGKeI/AAAAAAAAA4M/ITWC6ZAZ5VM/s1600/65270d334de190ac1b4cff25.jpg')

Mango, FSF will be in Europe the end of August/early September for two weeks to do a photoshoot. Lucky him!! I guess that'll be his "break." A nice trip to Europe! Gosh...how i wish YM can join him! Praying for a FengMi photoshoot in Europe!!!

P.S. I love it when FSF referred to YM as his "very best friend" yesterday. It's rare to hear him say "very" since he has a TON of friends in real life. Isn't there a Chinese phase that means something like "love is friendship on fire" ?
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-08-11 at 06:22 AM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Why can't Yu Zheng just leave poor YM alone?!?! She should be given more chances to work on better & more decent (not to mention, more original) productions, instead of being bind to his crappy works. It's so disappointing to see someone of YM's capabilities, drive and charisma constantly work on obscure and under-average dramas, compared to several other less interesting and skilled actresses of her generation (who are working on more promising projects).
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

thanks JoleCole for the english translation of the vid. i watch it month ago and i only understand about 70% of what they saying at that time.. as my mandarin isn't that good.. but i still found fengmi are very sweet in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Why can't Yu Zheng just leave poor YM alone?!?! She should be given more chances to work on better & more decent (not to mention, more original) productions, instead of being bind to his crappy works. It's so disappointing to see someone of YM's capabilities, drive and charisma constantly work on obscure and under-average dramas, compared to several other less interesting and skilled actresses of her generation (who are working on more promising projects).
    yes i have to agree.. i only watch Gong just because of YangMi was in it and i am her fans since CP3. i don't feel like recommend Gong to my friends to watch.. becos i don't find it that good for recommended... but its not that bad.. it just an average tv series.. .. u know what i mean... its too old to say it copy from MG but actually it is.. so i don't know.. i am so looking forward for HP2 and HFCQ now. and i also hope she will take a break asap.. she work too hard.. i am abit worry.. because lately one of my favourite TW actress announce she will reduce her workload and never do drama again due her health issue.. i m very down now.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    I completely agree. Ym has done enough favors for yu zheng. But what can we do about it. Those other actresses have their family's wealth to back them up or their managers who strongly promote them. Ym pretty much has to rely on her own talent to get promoted; unfortunately, the entertainment industry is fickle and driven by other factors which work against ym. It would help if ym wasn't so blunt in nature. She doesn't have
    to brown nose but she can be wiser and be more political in her responses.

On another note I find fsf somewhat attractive but the only series I found him attractive in is four women conflict with ady an even though I didn't watch the series. But as long as he treats ym well then I'd rather a guy be decent looking but loyal and sincere in his love than be very good looking and play the filed.
    Last edited by patricia n; 07-08-11 at 01:03 PM.

New still from MYJXQ. I'm not really that excited about the series itself (sounds like a typical modern-day idol drama) but I'll watch at least the first half for FengMi since it looks like they have a lot of really cute/romantic scenes together! ^_^ (No wonder FSF said he had the feeling of "falling in love for the first time" while filming this, hehe.)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/72626680tw1diybuoc7b7j.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    New still from MYJXQ. I'm not really that excited about the series itself (sounds like a typical modern-day idol drama) but I'll watch at least the first half for FengMi since it looks like they have a lot of really cute/romantic scenes together! ^_^ (No wonder FSF said he had the feeling of "falling in love for the first time" while filming this, hehe.)
    Now I totally understand why FSF chose to play the college sweetheart instead of wealthy playboy character now played by Chi Shuai that YM's character later falls in love with. The college sweetheart has most of his scenes with YM's character while the wealthy boyfriend has a lot of screen time with the evil sister as well. At first a lot of FengMi fans were disappointed with FSF's college sweetheart character, but now we're totally cool with it since more romantic scenes instead of angsty love triangle. Maybe I'm romanticizing FengMi a bit. It's more realistic to say FSF's final choice probably rested more on his scheduling conflict with White Vengeance than for YM. LOL. Anyway, I'm sure YM did play a role in his decision making :P.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-08-11 at 04:54 PM.

oops, my computer messed up again...(double posted)

To make this not a blank post I'll add another new movie still from DHTHK--it's pretty similar to a previously-released one though. I can't tell if YM's character has just fainted/is sleeping or if FSF knocked her out unconscious during the kidnapping, lol. :P

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6ce5fba9gw1diysx0lcs6j.jpg')

Large pic
    Last edited by mango_cake; 07-08-11 at 05:02 PM.

oooohh, I've been trying my best to resist FengMi virus, but this vid is sooooo not helping! I can't help but think her publicist/agent probably preps her up well before any media appearance (and rehearses to death how to answer questions on FengMi), and YET she can lose her practiced calm when THE topic comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    I love to see YM loses her calm over the FengMi topic.

Actually I think YM is pretty cool-headed and doesn't really need any "prepping" for interviews since I've never seen her really "lose her cool"--EXCEPT, of course, when the topic of FSF/FengMi comes up, then she always starts laughing! But usually she still doesn't get nervous, just extra-smiley. That one though, it looks like they made FSF think it was a more-or-less private phone call with YM, so she got so nervous about him letting something slip inadvertently, she started panicking herself! (Also is it just me or does FSF's voice noticeably get sweeter when he's speaking to YM vs the host? Especially that bit at the end, lmao...it reminds me of a wife ordering her husband to "go back to work [filming his scenes]" and him indulgently agreeing, heh.)

Another cute video here: http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/47040826-1255790694.html. YM is so serious and has her typical imperturbable, straight-laced/professional attitude throughout the whole interview, then they bring up FSF and she starts getting giggly again! ^_^ (Skip directly to 3:00 for the good part.) YM states again "No it's not true, we are just good friends, that's right." But then look at how happy she is when she declares, "Actually we are both single! I'm afraid that because of [these rumours] he's not going to be able to find a girlfriend (heehee) and I'm not going to be able to find a boyfriend (hahaha)! What will we do! (giggle giggle)" Usually wouldn't you expect her to be annoyed? But instead she seems positively delighted that they both won't be able to find a date! Hmm, suspicious... XD (She's also so funny at the end, mimicking and making fun of the BJAQGS director.)

Anyways I really liked the song YM performed during her Happy Camp episode. I think it suits her sweet voice better and it sounds way more natural than the overly-autotuned "Ai De Gong Yang"!

Last edited by mango_cake; 07-09-11 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    That one though, it looks like they made FSF think it was a more-or-less private phone call with YM, so she got so nervous about him letting something slip inadvertently, she started panicking herself! (Also is it just me or does FSF's voice noticeably get sweeter when he's speaking to YM vs the host? Especially that bit at the end, lmao...it reminds me of a wife ordering her husband to "go back to work [filming his scenes]" and him indulgently agreeing, heh.)
    I think FSF totally didn't expect the phone conversation was conducted in such a "open“ environment! Cuz he wrote a weibo later expressing his sense of shock and said he felt bad for letting YM go alone. It was soo funny when he told the host not to "interrupt" his conversation with YM (别打岔).

You're right Mango, FSF's voice does sound sweeter in the phone conversation. I loved the fact that they completely skipped over any kind of greeting like "hello" and seemed to jump straight to the point. That only happens if you're super close to the person you're talking to; at least for me, I only talk like that to my siblings. I remember in another weibo, FSF clarified how he and YM addressed each other. In public, they call each other Feng Ge/Mi Jie, but in private, they rarely call each other‘s name. At most they used "喂“ and sometimes don't even used that and go straight to the topic.

I'm not sure if you girls read this on the Baidu forum mega thread yet, but I found this series of weibos to freakin hilarious!

On April 18, FSF left Hangzhou to fly to Beijing for his new movie White Vengeance Press Conference. While he was waiting at the Hangzhou airport, he saw this...

Hangzhou Airport weibo

Early next morning in Beijing, FSF responded to YM's weibo with this ...It's interesting that he knew YM had to fly that morning despite the fact that they were in totally different parts of the country and YM didn't even hint about her whereabouts or what she was doing that day in her original weibo.

Beijing weibo

12 minutes later after FSF's response to YM's weibo, YM's agent Yao Yao said on her weibo that she fell flat her face at the Chongqing Airport. It's funny that she attached a picture of FengMi to this weibo. How does FengMi have anything to do anything with her fall?

YM's agent weibo

Many FengMi fans think that Yao Yao's fall had something to do with FSF's earlier weibo that morning. Otherwise, why would she attach a photo of FengMi with her weibo post? A few minutes later, FSF even asked her if she was hurt really bad from her fall in the comment section.

Anyway, less than 2 hours later, FSF wrote another weibo to clarify himself.

FSF's weibo
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-10-11 at 02:44 AM.

I get the impression every media variety show host in the country is out to play a prank on FSF for his obvious adoration for YM and I think YM felt a slight tinge of guilt but yet enjoyed herself thoroughly for this prank on FSF! Imagine what they are like out of the spotlight. I can imagine she's the one always teasing him, and kinda the domineering one in the relationship, don't you think? And he just takes everything adoringly, heheh!